Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 7/13/2018 at 3:14 AM, bigskygirl said:

I hope they are filming Jennifer teaching TC. It would be nice to see a different person teaching the girls.

I do too! Especially if they are grooming her to replace either, then they need to start building up to it. It would be nice to see her stepping up and not make it seem like they picked her because they like her and she is a teacher’s pet (as some people have said).

On 7/13/2018 at 4:40 PM, bigskygirl said:

Yes he did say do not drink and tweet at the same time. I do remember Kelli saying taking pictures of yourself with a drink in your hands is not cute. I guess Erica did not get the memo.

I do not think they should take more girls on the squad so no one else gets cut, or because Kelli feels bad about cutting certain girls or because *cough CMT and Charlotte *cough want a bigger squad because it equals more drama and ratings.

I do remember Kelli saying last year to Brennan if she had one more spot on the squad she would have given it to Brennan. I think she might have said the same thing to Tayrn. What would have happened if Kelli did do this, and both girls struggle in their first year and ended up being cut at finals. Kelli does say she wants a squad of 39 or 40, and for at least two seasons she did have a squad of 39. I personally think a bigger squad does not mean a better quality squad. Some of the girls barely make it on the squad after trying out for more than one year and usually end up getting cut the following year. To me, Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are saying to these girls yes we are putting on the team, but we reserve the right to cut you next year at finals. In otherwords, be grateful you got at least one year in. I also wonder how many of these girls would have made the squad if there was no show.

While I see your point, to be fair, even in a squad of 36 they have quite a few strugglers. Not sure if they have trouble picking out the right girls or getting quality dancers- i think it’s a bit of both.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, M1977G said:

I don't see many of these ladies getting haircuts or dye jobs for under $40, though. Expert color & styling for the amount of a tip seems like a good deal and a perk to me. 

Here’s the thing... if they are in training camp, it’s really difficult to have a full time job. We’ve seen some of camp events start in early afternoon. I think Kendall mentioned that she lost her job because she was missing so much time for DCC. So, if they work a P/T job during the summer, and if they are going to school during the regular season, $40 is grocery money. I think the Cowboys Organization as a whole can afford to pump some extra budget money into DCC. I don’t think the girls should have to pay a penny for things that the organization requires of them. This includes, hair, tanning, teeth, nails, make up, medical expenses (related to injuries), dry cleaning uniforms, and buying clothes for appearances. DCC requires them to always be camera ready- they should pay for it. Just my opinion. And, yes, I know that some have careers, and some have lots of family help, but my opinion still stands for all that are DCCs. 

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Middlemom said:

It looks like Brooke borrowed some DCC moves and formations, but the execution of them is not good. The better dancers are in the front but the second and third rows don't know the dance very well and/or their timing is really off. I guess that's why K&J are so particular about lines and timing. They really try to make it look like everyone knows the dance. 

Right! Notice we only see the front row doing the double pirouette. It’s really not THAT advanced of a dance move, but on turf or grass makes it harder. Every DCC can flawlessly execute this, in sync, no matter the surface they are dancing on. 

Edited by Taralightner

Yeah not sure why some of these "professional" dancers can't do the double pirouette. It's a basic skill that dancers have to master at most dance schools in order to move up into intermediate/advanced level classes. Also DCC usually has this skill in the tryout routine somewhere. Not sure about MDC though. 

• Love 3

Congrats to Dayton and @ShellyB!! You must be a proud mama! Clearly she has the talent, poise and looks to dance at the professional level. Still hope she comes back to audition for DCC at some point as they could definitely use more girls like her, but best of luck to her in her new job opportunity?

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Middlemom said:

It looks like Brooke borrowed some DCC moves and formations, but the execution of them is not good. The better dancers are in the front but the second and third rows don't know the dance very well and/or their timing is really off. I guess that's why K&J are so particular about lines and timing. They really try to make it look like everyone knows the dance. 

The whole thing looks to me like Brooke pieced together some old DCC moves, and then didn't pratice them enough.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yes!

The Broadway and Disney casting agents are going to LOVE her as they visit the shows!! Congrats to her! What a wonderful life, and dance experience this will be! Does she sing? 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Tootie said:

This is from when Brooke was the head choreographer with the Dolphins.  She may not have created it, but she approved it, perfected it and deemed it "game ready."  I wouldn't want the DCC doing a routine like this!!

Omg their timing and spacing is awful.  

• Love 5

Some or these girls do not look like DCC material.  Lily and Cianna don't look good.  Guess Cianna didn't get the memo from Kelli to always have your hair looking like a DCC when you go out.  I heard her hair is a nightmare for her to style.  

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Some or these girls do not look like DCC material.  Lily and Cianna don't look good.  Guess Cianna didn't get the memo from Kelli to always have your hair looking like a DCC when you go out.  I heard her hair is a nightmare for her to style.  

Is Cianna the one with the bun?  Which one is Lily?

Edited by MrsEVH
9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I see at least 4 to 5 girls in there that do not look at all like a DCC JMHO--definitely not HD ready. And this is post-makeovers. I think Gabby is the cutest. Sorry I don't know everyone's name. The blond in the back left has not taken a good picture yet that I have seen since training camp started. The brunette to the right of Erin and the shorter brunette behind her are both very bleh to me.  Those will probably be some of the ones that make it though as my favorites don't always pull through. 

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, M1977G said:

I don't see many of these ladies getting haircuts or dye jobs for under $40, though. Expert color & styling for the amount of a tip seems like a good deal and a perk to me. 

I don't disagree that many of them would pay more than that anyway, but I guess I just don't think it matters. If its a work requirement that they have to go to a specific salon and have to get certain services, then it's a work requirement, not a perk and should be fully compensated or reimbursed. 

Edited by Jess14
typo
  • Love 7

Thanks for the clarification Pixie.  One of the girls I was referring to is Lily. I guess if they make it I will have to add them to the list of current DCC that do not fit the look. In my opinion that would include Madeline Gina and Rachel. Recently retired Stephanie also did not fit the llook in my opinion although she won me over with her hard work and improvement in dance.  Madeline is the one that bothers me the most because she has that huge overbite that makes her look like a rabbit or a chipmunk. Gina also is not even remotely pretty  although she does have a great figure . 

• Love 7
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

I see at least 4 to 5 girls in there that do not look at all like a DCC JMHO--definitely not HD ready. And this is post-makeovers. I think Gabby is the cutest. Sorry I don't know everyone's name. The blond in the back left has not taken a good picture yet that I have seen since training camp started. The brunette to the right of Erin and the shorter brunette behind her are both very bleh to me.  Those will probably be some of the ones that make it though as my favorites don't always pull through. 

The brunette to the right of Erin is Maddline, the short brunette behind her is Alanna.  The blonde in the back left if Lily.

Edited by 5678Pixie
5 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I haven’t a clue! I’ve been gone since the beginning of July. No cameras, K & J on vacation, rehearsals with some guests and learning traditional elements of the game, most likely.

Only in the shower! ??

Lolol! Thanks for answering both questions! Have an awesome week, and congrats again to Dayton. (Her future’s so bright, she’ll have to wear?; she will need a new pair for the ship anyway...) 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

The brunette to the right of Erin is Maddline, the short brunette behind her is Alanna.  The blonde in the back left if Lily.

FYI I meant the brunette to Erin's right as we look at the picture. I think Madeline Mollloy is really beautiful but she did not get a good edit last year. 

On 7/13/2018 at 10:34 AM, Jess14 said:

The girls could go to a salon that’s much cheaper, if they had a choice, and therefore would pay a smaller tip. 

They'd pay a smaller tip, but then they'd also be on the hook for the cost of the service.  I do agree, though, that the team should be billed for both the service and the tip.

• Love 4

There is no way Kelli would let the girls go to a cheaper salon because in her mind the bigger, fancier more expensive salons do a much better job. After seeing the makeovers the girls get, I would rather go to a smaller less expensive salon in my hometown because I can get a better hair cut, color and highlights.

4 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

This is my most hated phrase "doesnt have the DCC look". Lol. Sorry to pick on you @5678Pixie when its always said here. What is the DCC look? Every girl in that photo is cute. Anyone can be made glam for gameday and appearances. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, JayDKay said:

This is my most hated phrase "doesnt have the DCC look". Lol. Sorry to pick on you @5678Pixie when its always said here. What is the DCC look? Every girl in that photo is cute. Anyone can be made glam for gameday and appearances. 

I agree. All of those girls have "DCC look" potential once they put on the uniform and do their hair and makeup. And I agree, the team should have a tab for hair, makeup, tanning, etc., that includes gratuities. Even college dance teams have sponsors.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, Tootie said:

This is from when Brooke was the head choreographer with the Dolphins.  She may not have created it, but she approved it, perfected it and deemed it "game ready."  I wouldn't want the DCC doing a routine like this!!

This is just painful to watch

• Love 12

I think the bun is adorable and she’s still got a full face of make up on, a cute outfit, etc. Being a DCC doesn’t mean never wearing your hair up, it means not looking a hot mess and always taking pride in ones appearance since you’re a low key public figure in Dallas. 

Having lived in Dallas most of my adult life, plus attending both TCU and SMU...being “DCC ready” is just real life for many women. Myself included. The curse of a southern grandma who instilled “always be ready” and constantly told me to “put your lips on.”  My mom still says it ??

I also don’t think leaving a tip for a free service is unreasonable, tho I can see the arguement the other way as well. I’m curious what the actual dollars spent as a DCC shakes out to be compared to what the candidate might have spent on her own the prior year. 

It’s not like most of these women were diamonds in the rough that’s Kelli sparkled and shined. Most are coming from a place of hair/makeup/tan as part of their standard beauty routine. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

They'd pay a smaller tip, but then they'd also be on the hook for the cost of the service.  I do agree, though, that the team should be billed for both the service and the tip.

Sure, or for all anyone knows, one of the girls may have a mom who owns a salon, and the girl may not have had to pay for anything previously (I have a friend like that). 

Ultimately for me, it’s less about saving money, and more about how employers should be treating their employees. I often wear a suit to work. Suits, especially blazers can be expensive, but I’m not compensated from my firm, nor do I think I should be. It’s totally up to me how much I pay. As long as I look professional, they don’t care whether I spend $75 or $375 on a suit, or if I snag an old one from my sister’s closet, since she rarely has to wear suits to work anymore.

However, if they tell me that I have wear a navy blue skirt suit, model xxx, from Ann Taylor, then they better be paying every last cent, down to the taxes and shipping and handling if necessary. That I may like the suit or may have bought a similar one for a similar price is completely irrelevant. Just how I see it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I think the bun is adorable and she’s still got a full face of make up on, a cute outfit, etc. Being a DCC doesn’t mean never wearing your hair up, it means not looking a hot mess and always taking pride in ones appearance since you’re a low key public figure in Dallas. 

Having lived in Dallas most of my adult life, plus attending both TCU and SMU...being “DCC ready” is just real life for many women. Myself included. The curse of a southern grandma who instilled “always be ready” and constantly told me to “put your lips on.”  My mom still says it ??

I also don’t think leaving a tip for a free service is unreasonable, tho I can see the arguement the other way as well. I’m curious what the actual dollars spent as a DCC shakes out to be compared to what the candidate might have spent on her own the prior year. 

It’s not like most of these women were diamonds in the rough that’s Kelli sparkled and shined. Most are coming from a place of hair/makeup/tan as part of their standard beauty routine. 

Girl yes. I don't leave my house without mascara and lipstick. 

I see these girls who are wearing pjs and house shoes in public and I'm so puzzled. I was in a wheelchair for three years, and always dressed myself before being seen in public. Now, some days I may throw on clear gloss and a ponytail, but I do always try to be presentable.

as far as tipping, I'm cheap and get my hair done at the beauty college; however, I tipped them like what it would cost at the salon. $100 for highlights at a salon vs $30 at the college. They do a great job to be honest.

I agree with Kalibean. My daughter and her friends (16) are all makeup, hair, tanning on a regular basis. (Well,I make mine do sunless.) Gone are the days of the rough girls getting polished.  

I think all the girls in that picture are adorable. I hate that some of them aren't going to make it. 

I was watching a former season where Kelli was talking about taking 40. I think it was 6 or 7??

• Love 5
15 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

There is no way Kelli would let the girls go to a cheaper salon because in her mind the bigger, fancier more expensive salons do a much better job. After seeing the makeovers the girls get, I would rather go to a smaller less expensive salon in my hometown because I can get a better hair cut, color and highlights.

You know they show the before and after one year I could tell no difference in the cut colour maybe a curl different some where noticeable but yea I'm sure fancy salon is the key it would be nice to see a smaller salon get their name out I'm sure tangerine salon is not cheap I would want to see a big difference and on some of these makeovers I just don't see it  I do like Marshall on the show he's funny but who made show group lol

I thought Tangerine was reasonably priced, but that’s with my own lense. It’s probably crazy expensive for some and moderately priced for others. I went to Avalon until I moved to KC last year  

The biggest difference I normally see in the makeovers is fixing bad extensions that might look okay from a distance but a mess up close, as well as converting brassy highlights (east Texas highlights as Kelli calls it) to the icy Dallas blonde. 

I’ve personally had red hair for 20 years and maintain with as little washing as I can get away with and aveda madder toot shampoo and conditioner. Batiste dry shampoo for dark hair has been a blessing!

Tempted to hit up Tangerine just to visit Marshall tho!! Such a doll. 

• Love 5

I think the girl who had the most beautiful hair in TC or on the squad was Alyssa Torres in Season 6. I remembered the one hair guy saying they did not have do much with her. I think they gave her a trim and touch up her highlights and color a little. I also think Katy Marie had great hair too. She and Alyssa are two of my favorite former DCCs.

I am seriously thinking of getting a shorter hair cut because I cannot stand my longer hair anymore. I can only imagine what it must be like for the girls with their long hair on game day with it sticking to their faces while they are dancing. I would be tempted on getting a pair of scissors and asking someone to cut it short for me. I also like the girls who do not have the same hair do and style as everyone else aka Tia Williams, Robin, Nicole B, Holly, and Mackenzie in Season 8.

Those girls are cute in the picture.  The difference between the picture and game day is more make-up and more hair product.  Melissa has said that before in deliberations that make-up and hair product is all it takes for the girl to go to glam and look like a DCC.  Look at Cassie ( I don't want to start the Cassie debate) but she is a prime example of a tomboy who learned how to do hair and makeup on the years she was on the squad.  Madeline came back and made the team when she got rid of her goth look.  The second season Candice Carr did her hair different and put on some more makeup and made the team.  She went from mousy to wow.  

These girls get a lot of perks and paying a tip based on the actual cost of the service is not bad.  Working as a professional, no one paid my dry cleaning bills, my suits, my hair and nails, my personal laptop, etc.  Yes i got paid more, I also went to more years of school.  These girls are all the type who would spend a lot of time and money on hair and makeup.  

These girls also get a lot of freebies such as luggage, etc.  I have heard of group  gifts, and they are all donated.  Now the girls are getting paid for rehearsal, it's not a bad gig.  

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Annmarie1111 said:

This is just painful to watch

There's a few more MDC  videos on the girl's IG; this one's kind of cute.

Copying the DCC
Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Who is the blonde on the far right in the back row that looks like former DCC Hannah? 

OT: Speaking of SI models I just read that Brett Michaels'(Poison) 18 yr old daughter Raine has been selected as an SI model. Seems it was a dream of hers; I'm sure she was picked because of who her dad is.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

OT: Speaking of SI models I just read that Brett Michaels'(Poison) 18 yr old daughter Raine has been selected as an SI model. Seems it was a dream of hers; I'm sure she was picked because of who her dad is.

I just checked out her Instagram.... she’s not nearly as pretty as Kelsey, so I’m sure she was chosen because of Brett.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I just checked out her Instagram.... she’s not nearly as pretty as Kelsey, so I’m sure she was chosen because of Brett.

Some of her pictures (poses) remind of Kalyssa.  I do like the ones of her and her Dad.

18 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Im  Sure when they do the individual photos miss Kellie and Judy will find any flaws on who has the best photos that may be the end of the road for some

(edited)
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Sure, or for all anyone knows, one of the girls may have a mom who owns a salon, and the girl may not have had to pay for anything previously (I have a friend like that). 

If the mom would be giving 36 girls free hair services, the least they could do as polite people would be to give her a decent tip (even though she'd be the owner).

18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She reminds me of Trista from the original "Bachelor" :)

I can see that.  And that is another picture of Daphne where she reminds me a lot of former DCC Hannah.

5 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Who is the blonde on the far right in the back row that looks like former DCC Hannah? 

LOL I didn't see that you said that before I posted :)

Edited by ByTor
(edited)
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

I'm from PA, so obviously nowhere near Dallas, (although I did grow up near Dallas PA...I student taught Geometry there, in fact :))  but it was the same with me.  When I was 18, there was a fire at a sheet metal plant which caused our city to be evacuated.  It was pretty frightening, we had no idea what was going on, but at 2AM the police were going through the streets with their sirens and a bullhorn announcing we were being evacuated. Anyway, as we were getting ready to leave, the 1st thing my mother told me to do was pack my makeup bag!  LOL I guess that's just ingrained in some of us no matter where we're from :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

There's a few more MDC  videos on the girl's IG; this one's kind of cute.

Copying the DCC

Don’t put a jump split into a routine unless everyone can actually do one- full out- without “faking” the landing. 

In the first video with the bud light guy, they actually looked pretty clean. 

• Love 7