Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, DCCManFan said:

Does anyone know how many "rookies" are still in TC?  Guessing TC could last into early August since home opener isn't until the 18th.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

No. That’s Brody Jenner. Speaking of Laguna Beach and The Hills, those message boards on TWOP used to be hella snarky. Luckily, I don’t remember the constant whining that ppl weren’t only saying nice things about Kristen, Lauren, Spencer, and Heidi.

Sorry to veer off topic, but how in the world could people be expected to say nice things about Spencer???  If I recall, there WERE no nice things about Spencer.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I'm expecting mass casualties any week now.  This isn't going to be a rookie cut or two per week year until they make the "surprise you made the team" announcement.  I think there will be a couple of weeks where there will be several released.   Just my opinion. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ByTor said:

Gasp, but what if her boss doesn't kiss her fabulous ass all day every day?  BULLY!!!  I never really cared for Kelsey, but she lost me with her "don't pay attention to what people say, especially on the internet" crap.  She sure as shit pays attention when she's being told how "wonderful" (gag) she is. #you'renotasgreatasyouthinkyouare

Isn’t that essentially her biting the hand that feeds her? Her fiancè built his entire sctick around playing frisbee and YouTube. She’s enjoying traveling and doing nothing on internet fame. Just seeing how quickly people change their minds about what’s cool nowadays, you can be on top one day and working at McDonalds another. I can name MC Hammer, Tone Loc, Candyman, Kylie Minogie, Dustin Diamond, or Todd Bridges. I could keep going, but you get the idea. Just because you’re rich, hot, and famous now doesn’t mean 20 years from now you still will be ESPECIALLY if people get the idea you think you’re entitled to shit. I’m sorry. I’m super easygoing, hardly ever negative, but the whole Kelsey doesn’t give care what you think because she has money, fame, etc. well, obviously she freaking does because she called us cyber bullies and also she can get right the f@*k off her high horse because the same people who supported her can slap her back down. I was a huge supporter of her, but I’m sure not now. ITA, the internet is great while it’s paying your bills, but when it’s “bullying” you (whatever) don’t listen. Can’t have it both ways.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Sorry to veer off topic, but how in the world could people be expected to say nice things about Spencer???  If I recall, there WERE no nice things about Spencer.

No argument from me. If ever there was a reality tv person who demonstrated no redeeming qualities, it was Spencer. He was terrible.

18 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I'm expecting mass casualties any week now.  This isn't going to be a rookie cut or two per week year until they make the "surprise you made the team" announcement.  I think there will be a couple of weeks where there will be several released.   Just my opinion. 

I wouldn’t be shocked to see several cuts this week. They gotta pick up the pace of cuts soon unless they’re planning on a bloodbath at the end of training camp, which they have done before, so it’s not out of the question. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, loveaux said:

Y'all relax lol Kelsey shared an opinion on the board just like we share our opinions.

What I am trying to figure out, is who made show group and who else isn't gettin them boots! 

I feel bullied now. Just kidding.

I do think ‘celebs’ or social media influencers who ear their living from posting copious amounts of photos really should learn the difference in bullying vs critique vs sharing a different opinion. Don’t say “hey, like my new hair?” and expect every person to reply with a “yes, you’re perfect.”

Set your social media to private if you can’t handle strangers making comments. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Tootie said:

We started with 24. Jasmine, Lindsey & Dayton were cut. That makes 21; have I missed a 4th cut?

I only had 23 rookie training candidates in my book.  Did I miss a 24th? 

12 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I only had 23 rookie training candidates in my book.  Did I miss a 24th? 

Y’all I apologize I didn’t notice the one girl in the middle row 

A9ECA91E-DC6A-431B-8142-8E85626DAF6C.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Isn’t that essentially her biting the hand that feeds her? Her fiancè built his entire sctick around playing frisbee and YouTube. She’s enjoying traveling and doing nothing on internet fame. Just seeing how quickly people change their minds about what’s cool nowadays, you can be on top one day and working at McDonalds another. I can name MC Hammer, Tone Loc, Candyman, Kylie Minogie, Dustin Diamond, or Todd Bridges. I could keep going, but you get the idea. Just because you’re rich, hot, and famous now doesn’t mean 20 years from now you still will be ESPECIALLY if people get the idea you think you’re entitled to shit. I’m sorry. I’m super easygoing, hardly ever negative, but the whole Kelsey doesn’t give care what you think because she has money, fame, etc. well, obviously she freaking does because she called us cyber bullies and also she can get right the f@*k off her high horse because the same people who supported her can slap her back down. I was a huge supporter of her, but I’m sure not now. ITA, the internet is great while it’s paying your bills, but when it’s “bullying” you (whatever) don’t listen. Can’t have it both ways.

YES!!! So much this! She seems to me to LOVE attention, she was always mugging for the cameras on the show, and now she has a huge social media presence, as does her fiance. So it's fine if it's HER choice and people are fawning over her, but if some of us (ME!!) who are not, and have never been, team Kelsey, speak up, we are "bullies". You nailed it! (And Dustin Diamond...you crack me up, he lives about 30 minutes from me lol) 

• Love 3

The good news is that Erin, Madeleine Malloy, and Brennan are all still there (though I wish Dayton was as well).  The first two were early cuts and Brennan was second-to-last and really shouldn't have been cut at all (but we all know my feelings about her being cut instead of Christina, but oh well).  Crossing my fingers that I haven't jinxed them.

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I like Brody on to close to home talk about a crazy show

Doesn't show group go to oxnard ?training for cowboys I think starts July 26

Edited by luvboo
My error
8 minutes ago, luvboo said:

I like Brody on to close to home talk about a crazy show

Doesn't show group go to oxnard ?training for cowboys I think starts July 26

Yes they do but since training camp is still going on for the cheerleaders they only take the veteran show group members 

15 hours ago, flightlevel said:

Marshall needs his own show. I’d watch!

A hair styling competition and he’s the judge!! Winner gets to work with him!  I’d watch that!

• Love 3

Marshall seems like the kind of stylist who would be nice to talk to while he's working on you, and that he'd probably have a lot of good ideas for hair styles.

8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

These three are much better dancers than Erin, Madeline and Brennan that can't seem to get the DCC power and style.  

Really?  That's surprising to me, I was under the impression Jalyn was killing it.

On 7/6/2018 at 5:30 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Me too.  And I wish Amy's was still long.  Her current hair cut is cute, but I thought she looked good with longer hair.  I'm just jealous cause I have thyroid problems, and I want long, thick hair like these girls have and when they cut it off, I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I think Kashara's hair is pretty in that pic too but keep in mind that most times these girls have extensions intertwined. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/8/2018 at 8:43 PM, Aggielife said:

Here’s something snarky, if Brodie didn’t have 2 million followers, no way Kelsey would be with him.  With all the good looking guys in Dallas she wouldn’t have looked twice at that dork. 

THIS!!!! LMAO. I COULD NOT OF SAID IT BETTER, I HAVE THOUGHT THIS SEVERAL TIMES!!  I'M SURE HIS BANK ACCOUNT IS RIGHT UP HER ALLY TOO. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Really?  That's surprising to me, I was under the impression Jalyn was killing it.

Yes she is killing it.  The three I posted pix of are all three killing it.  I was saying they are much better than Erin, Madeline and Brennan.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Yes she is killing it.  The three I posted pix of are all three killing it.  I was saying they are much better than Erin, Madeline and Brennan.

Ohhh, thanks for clarifying, I thought you meant the three you posted were the ones who were not grasping the style :)

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

YES JALYN!! <3 

I want Brennan to get the power and style down so.bad. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

YES JALYN!! <3 

I want Brennan to get the power and style down so.bad. 

I really don't care for Brennan or Erin.....their looks or their dance

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Tootie said:

We started with 24. Jasmine, Lindsey & Dayton were cut. That makes 21; have I missed a 4th cut?

and yes I did miss the 24th rookie candidate :) No, you have not missed a 4th cut. 

So excited for Dayton! ? Sam had posted on her story that Dayton is now a dancer for Royal Caribbean but now it’s gone.. and she kind of confirmed it on her own story. That’s why she’s in London I’m guessing, lol. 

So obviously, we’ll have to wait for Dayton to announce/confirm but good for her if so! 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

So excited for Dayton! ? Sam had posted on her story that Dayton is now a dancer for Royal Caribbean but now it’s gone.. and she kind of confirmed it on her own story. That’s why she’s in London I’m guessing, lol. 

So obviously, we’ll have to wait for Dayton to announce/confirm but good for her if so! 

NO KIDDING!!!  The travel, the people, the experience...…..she's still so young.  There are so many experiences open to a gal with her talent, beauty and smarts.

• Love 11

36148176_223274318290685_4589806063452160000_n.thumb.jpg.e30c6dfc9ab2e3af7e4b179e31728fd6.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Dayton posted this.  Let the celebration begin Dayton!!!!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I’m surprised to see Lindsey be cut, I would have thought she’d have been great- similar look to KaShara, great body, former TCU. Anyone have insight into the reasons behind the cut? 

I was so sad. She was one of my favorites. I’m thinking she may be similar to Madeline last year...great on her college team, but not a mature dancer and not used to the rigors of training camp.

• Love 2

I know this is super shallow and petty but it irks me how TCC Madeline smiles with her mouth open . It reminds me of the thing Bill Skarsgard does with his lip and chin when portraying Pennywise lol 

• Love 2

I cruise with RCL regularly.  They do indeed have world class entertainment.  Dayton will have a great experience with working while cruising, and her job will entail much more than dancing.   It's a great way to see the world.

• Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I cruise with RCL regularly.  They do indeed have world class entertainment

I've only cruised with them twice, but I agree, I always enjoyed the shows.

56 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think Dayton lucked out with not getting to be a DCC. I'd rather dance on a cruise where I can explore the world.

Hell to the yeah, she sure did!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I cruise with RCL regularly.  They do indeed have world class entertainment.  Dayton will have a great experience with working while cruising, and her job will entail much more than dancing.   It's a great way to see the world.

Plus, this is really valuable performing experience- a great way to add projection and confidence if she chooses to try out for DCC in the future... also great networking for jobs with traveling broadway musicals! 

@ShellyB- please tell Dayton that there are many here cheering her on! 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Plus, this is really valuable performing experience- a great way to add projection and confidence if she chooses to try out for DCC in the future... also great networking for jobs with traveling broadway musicals! 

@ShellyB- please tell Dayton that there are many here cheering her on! 

Has there been any confirmation she made it? Out of curiosity I checked their website about auditions, and it looks like the auditions the other day were the first round with callbacks being tomorrow. http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/auditions 

• Love 1