Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

There is something about Erin I really don't care for.  How can you say she is hard working?  Because she takes a few dance classes?  All the girls take classes all year long even girls that have jobs.  I do not believe she has a job.

Since you are local you would know more who is putting in the time and effort.  I'm only going by what I see from following the girls online...over the last year she has SEEMED to stick pretty close to going after this dream again this year and I always admire people who try to come back and show Kelli how they've taken criticism from the previous year to heart.  I ASSUMED she must have been working hard to improve so much on the DCC style that it was impressive enough that they took her back to camp since they have been really hard on returners in the past.  

Again, I am not on the inside track in the Dallas dance world like you are so I defer to you I guess! 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I still think Caila's political posts hurt her position on the squad, especially since they came back to haunt her during the interviews.  She put herself out there and wasn't prepared to diplomatically defend her position. 

Interesting about Caila. I didn’t realize that she had actually posted a bunch of stuff that I assume was supportive of Trump. That makes me change my opinion of the question. I always thought it was out of line to specifically ask her about her political leanings in a job interview (especially knowing about the Trump/Jones connection), but if she had previously publicly posted about it, that’s a totally different story and makes more sense that the question was asked.

I think it makes total sense for them to be advised against posting political stuff on social media. I’m not critical of that at all, Even in workplaces that have a diversity of opinion, people have to cautious of what they say. I’ll be honest - my opinion of people who I know has changed when i started following them on Facebook/Twitter, and saw who they supported and the things they posted. It’s human nature.  I just wonder if it’s in any way one-sided for the DCCs. For example, is it not ok for a cheerleader to voice support for the players kneeling during the anthem (J. Jones is against it), but ok the other way around? Would 2 posts on opposite ends get a different reaction or the same? That’s what I’m curious about.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I always thought it was out of line to specifically ask her about her political leanings in a job interview

If I'm remembering this right, they didn't ask about her leanings, per se, but they asked how she felt about the wall (which is also something I'd consider inappropriate to ask at a job interview), and she stumbled over it as if she had no idea what wall they were talking about.  If she supported him, she should have at least been aware of it LOL

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Are they even allowed to post anything that may be even narrowly construed as critical of Trump or his administration (whether it should be considered political or not, and I certainly don’t think the current humanitarian crisis regarding children should be, but that’s not the Fox News position). Trump and Jerry Jones are friends after all. I’m not suggesting that there’s a written rule, but I wonder if political posts of any kind are highly discouraged. I’m genuinely curious. I may be wrong, but It seems the DCCs are an environment where religious posts/bible quotes = ok; political/policy posts = not ok. 

My guess is the organization would prefer the girls refrain from posting anything political regardless of party affiliation. 

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Same. Honestly, politics is one of the "touchy" subjects people are often encouraged to avoid..like abortion. Texas is a Bible-belt red state, so I'm guessing it is assumed that they're all "America First!" and that they "stand by the President" whether they truly are critical of him or not. I'm sure they are discouraged.

There are actually a large number of Christians who can’t stand Trump. He’s actually about as far from the true meaning of Christianity as you can get these days. We aren’t all bible beating, Trump supporting immigrant hating peiole down here in Texas. I don’t think the Bible verses posted by DCC have anything to do with politics.

• Love 6

They actually only asked Caila what Trump’s policies concerning the wall were. I remember thinking that her talking head bit about how “it’s opinionated” didn’t make sense to me, because it was just a current event facts type question. I think it was very fair. At least the part they showed in the episode, anyway.

I definitely think that only Christianity is encouraged, though. I bet they would not take a candidate who posted verses from the Qa’ran or heaven forbid (no pun intended) spoke out about being an atheist. It’s all about their “brand”. And with “preserving the brand” comes discrimination based on a variety of things I doubt they’d ever admit to.

• Love 7

I may not remember correctly, but I don't think they asked the candidate how she felt about the wall.  Instead they asked her what Trump was planning to do about immigration.  My recollection was that the question was to see whether or not she had a basic knowledge of current events, not to get a read on her politics.  I also know that last year one TCC was asked during her interview how she thought Trump had been performing thus far in his first few months in office.  It was pretty clear that they weren't looking for her actual opinion (which would have been a mistake to give) they just wanted to see how gracefully/diplomatically she could handle a potentially divisive question.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

My guess is the organization would prefer the girls refrain from posting anything political regardless of party affiliation. 

There are actually a large number of Christians who can’t stand Trump. He’s actually about as far from the true meaning of Christianity as you can get these days. We aren’t all bible beating, Trump supporting immigrant hating peiole down here in Texas. I don’t think the Bible verses posted by DCC have anything to do with politics.

The bolded part wasn’t in response to my post, but to be clear, I wasn’t suggesting that religion and politics were linked by any means. Some posters pointed out that it was tone death to pray about DCC while the situation on the border is going on. I was trying to say (and probably didn’t get the point across well) that even if they were also highly upset about that situation, they probably won’t say anything even touching on the subject for fear of wading into a political fight that is negative towards the president. I’ve seen people respond to prayers for the kids on social media with “well why don’t you care about the kids who are murdered by illegal immigrants, where are THEIR prayers?” It’s a charged issue, and we live in a world where the daily news is dominated by one man, so if you want to stay away politics, you basically are going to stay away from commenting on current events all together.

On the religious angle, in some parts of the country, its probably unusual for people to post so frequently about their religion (I’m taking no opinion as to whether it should or shouldn’t be), but with the DCCs, I think it’s probably seen as a positive - one reason being, that most of them are Christians and have similar beliefs.

Re:Caila. I may have remembered wrong. I thought they asked her, “what does make America great again mean.” Regardless, I remember thinking that it was inappropriate but it’s been a few years, so my memory may be fuzzy.

42 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t think the Bible verses posted by DCC have anything to do with politics.

Yeah, I seriously doubt they would, that never even occurred to me.

19 minutes ago, allitator said:

They actually only asked Caila what Trump’s policies concerning the wall were.

Ohhh, ok, I thought they only asked her opinion.

14 minutes ago, Exmajorette said:

Instead they asked her what Trump was planning to do about immigration. 

My memory sucks (tm Cassie) sometimes, but I do remember the word "wall" being used.

15 minutes ago, allitator said:

I definitely think that only Christianity is encouraged, though. I bet they would not take a candidate who posted verses from the Qa’ran or heaven forbid (no pun intended) spoke out about being an atheist. It’s all about their “brand”. And with “preserving the brand” comes discrimination based on a variety of things I doubt they’d ever admit to.

This 1000%. I never realized how conservative the NFL (and by extension the cheerleaders) is as an organization. I feel like this is the actual reason for the low pay for cheerleaders. The attitude seems to be, women dance at the games for fun, therefore don't deserve to be paid.

Nothing about the DCC organization is ground breaking or empowering to women (sorry Kellie). Someone called it a cult. I'm beginning to agree. The immediate and shady responses to the lawsuit were hilarious. Man has not created an organization that does not have flaws.

It is actually easier to find out what happens at a secret NFL Owners meeting or a closed White House staff meeting, than pro cheerleaders' compensation. I find that so strange. Why all the secrecy?

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, Exmajorette said:

I may not remember correctly, but I don't think they asked the candidate how she felt about the wall.  Instead they asked her what Trump was planning to do about immigration.  My recollection was that the question was to see whether or not she had a basic knowledge of current events, not to get a read on her politics.  I also know that last year one TCC was asked during her interview how she thought Trump had been performing thus far in his first few months in office.  It was pretty clear that they weren't looking for her actual opinion (which would have been a mistake to give) they just wanted to see how gracefully/diplomatically she could handle a potentially divisive question.

My only problem with this is: what is the last book you read (cracking up at last year’s answer of 50 shades) vs name someone in the cabinet and why you admire them vs what is your biggest fear vs how did trump perform are totally different levels of questions.  I definitely think some get away easy, and it may be to make someone look a certain way for the show. Kudos to the women that can answer anything thrown at them!! And little of politics is EVER black and white. There is always an area where both sides are right, and both sides are wrong. That’s the problem with bringing up politics, few will disagree with “their side” or “their preferred candidate” no matter what. 

• Love 5

I always go by bar rules when I post online.  No politics or religion talk.  I wonder if the DCC would like me.  I'm agnostic and how polarizing would it be if I started talking about science is what our creator is on social media.  My shit would probably be shut down. 

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, Tootie said:

18-19 dcc tcc - Copy.png

If I was cutting based solely on facial looks, that entire first row would be gone.  Jaylen too.   

Ugh - Brennan is just not photogenic at all (and she’s just so whiney and meek).  No idea why they took her in TC again and my guess probably are going to give her a spot on the team just like Christina.  She just doesn’t seem like DCC material to me. 

That Kristen looks a lot like Erika in that photo - wonder if she got cut cause she gave them subliminal lawsuit vibes? ;).

Edited by MyFavShows
Add
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If I was cutting based solely on facial looks, that entire first row would be gone.  Jaylen too.   

Ugh - Brennan is just not photogenic at all (and she’s just so whiney and meek).  No idea why they took her in TC again and my guess probably are going to give her a spot on the team just like Christina.  She just doesn’t seem like DCC material to me. 

That Kristen looks a lot like Erika in that photo - wonder if she got cut cause she gave them subliminal lawsuit vibes? ;).

Dang people are harsh on looks. Lol but I am too. I was looking at these pics earlier and a lot of the girls aren't that cute to me. Amber, Daphne, Lily... Cianna and Lindsay look a little older. Hannah's  pic almost looks like a mugshot. Lol. As I've said before, I don't think Jalyn is that bad, and there are plenty of more "average" looking girls on the squad. 

20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Anyone know what happened to Taylor Johnson on IG? Her IG account listed is:  @taylorjohnsonj .  It used to work.  Did I miss a post saying she was cut?

She changed her username. You can find her under _taylorjanej 

• Love 1

The Calia question was something along the lines of “How would you respond if asked by a fan or sponsor at an appearance about trump’s plan for a wall?” Because I remember thinking “What answer is Jay looking for here? Because the “right” answer could very well piss off a Cowboys sponsor given the Jones’ family politics”.   Like she was set up to fail.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

The Calia question was something along the lines of “How would you respond if asked by a fan or sponsor at an appearance about trump’s plan for a wall?” Because I remember thinking “What answer is Jay looking for here? Because the “right” answer could very well piss off a Cowboys sponsor given the Jones’ family politics”.   Like she was set up to fail.

The question was the wall is a polarizing conversation, and how do you feel about it on your side of the wall. I do not think it had anything to do with a fan or a sponsor at an appearance asking Calia her opinion. I also seriously doubt someone would ask her about it at an appearance or a fan bringing it up either.

Here we are now.  Entertain us.  

With so many horrors, struggles, suffering, and tragedies, and so much that is negative and terrible in the world right now - and sometimes in our own lives as well - I watch CMT's DCC:MTT, participate in the PTV forum, and follow the young ladies' social media accounts to distract and entertain myself.  The Kardashians are not my thing, but that said, I do not see much of a difference between KUWTK and DCC:MTT -- they are both entertainment on the 'reality' tv spectrum.  As such, much of what we eventually watch as the end product is packaged, manipulated, and retold for heightened dramatic purposes, and maximum 'product' placement and brand management.  And that is fine by me.

The truth is that short of illegal acts, or crimes of moral turpitude, I do not really care much about who the young ladies date, what lawsuits they bring, what they drink or where they drink it, which God they worship, or even whether they pray to Him at all.  This is not geopolitics, medicine, human advancements, noteworthy altruism, or science; it is - for the viewer, at least - at best a temporary, pleasing distraction performed by individuals who may or may not be following their life's passion and dreams.  So please, spare me the petty jabs, negative stabs, and backstory drama.   I wish only to enjoy my MTT with a side of rum or tequila, preferably in a well-mixed Daiquiri or Margarita.           

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Jesslyn said:

My only problem with this is: what is the last book you read (cracking up at last year’s answer of 50 shades) vs name someone in the cabinet and why you admire them vs what is your biggest fear vs how did trump perform are totally different levels of questions.  I definitely think some get away easy, and it may be to make someone look a certain way for the show. Kudos to the women that can answer anything thrown at them!! And little of politics is EVER black and white. There is always an area where both sides are right, and both sides are wrong. That’s the problem with bringing up politics, few will disagree with “their side” or “their preferred candidate” no matter what. 

Agreed. And don’t get me started on the “does the uniform make the girl or the girl make the uniform” question. I thought that was a trick question. 

• Love 9

Folks there were quite a few posts that were skirting the no politics rule for PTV. It's squishy because of how it's brought up in DCC. And since the conversation was respectful the posts remaine. However, right now, in training camp, we have not seen any questions yet. So let's drop the subject now in order to avoid wandering too far, please and thank you.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Dang people are harsh on looks. Lol but I am too. I was looking at these pics earlier and a lot of the girls aren't that cute to me. Amber, Daphne, Lily... Cianna and Lindsay look a little older. Hannah's  pic almost looks like a mugshot. Lol. As I've said before, I don't think Jalyn is that bad, and there are plenty of more "average" looking girls on the squad. 

I think Cianna looks like Kat in this picture. Absolutely on the Hannah mugshot.

1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

I think Jay has a way of wording his questions that make it hard for the girls to understand. I just watched that episode yesterday and at one point he asked her which side of the wall do you stand on?

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I don't see how Brennan could be doing something more than in previous years. The show is heavy propaganda for DCC. The legend doesn't exist if you don't have girls try out multiple years, and just missing the mark. Ladies like Courtney, Amy Simone, Meagan F, and Kendall are a great reason to watch the show.

More often than not they don't make the squad. It feels like manipulation to me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. And don’t get me started on the “does the uniform make the girl or the girl make the uniform” question. I thought that was a trick question. 

Me too, but I think that’s the intent of a lot of questions! How does the candidate react on the fly? A right answer could have to been to laugh in a charming way and say something like “Ooooh, that’s a tricky one!  The girl and the uniform just need each other - the uniform represents so much great DCC history and has been an icon for so long.  It’s so important to the Cowboys fans. And it’s up to each of us to bring that uniform to life every season and represent this organization as an ambassador.” 

Can you handle weird questions on the spot? Are you friendly enough to turn on some charm while you think about a respectful way to answer a question? Or do you get caught off guard, stammer and be awkward. 

The gals get asked some weird shit during appearances, and they’ve got to have the social skills to pull it off gracefully. I suspect that’s how we end up with the Tashas on Show Group that are just fine dancers but great with the public appearances. I assume some gorgeous dancers are just okay from a PR point of view. 

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The question was the wall is a polarizing conversation, and how do you feel about it on your side of the wall. I do not think it had anything to do with a fan or a sponsor at an appearance asking Calia her opinion. I also seriously doubt someone would ask her about it at an appearance or a fan bringing it up either.

I'm with you, fans who are meeting DCCs are either doing so because they like to watch them dance or because they think they're hot, not to have a controversial political debate.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Here we are now.  Entertain us.  

With so many horrors, struggles, suffering, and tragedies, and so much that is negative and terrible in the world right now - and sometimes in our own lives as well - I watch CMT's DCC:MTT, participate in the PTV forum, and follow the young ladies' social media accounts to distract and entertain myself.  The Kardashians are not my thing, but that said, I do not see much of a difference between KUWTK and DCC:MTT -- they are both entertainment on the 'reality' tv spectrum.  As such, much of what we eventually watch as the end product is packaged, manipulated, and retold for heightened dramatic purposes, and maximum 'product' placement and brand management.  And that is fine by me.

The truth is that short of illegal acts, or crimes of moral turpitude, I do not really care much about who the young ladies date, what lawsuits they bring, what they drink or where they drink it, which God they worship, or even whether they pray to Him at all.  This is not geopolitics, medicine, human advancements, noteworthy altruism, or science; it is - for the viewer, at least - at best a temporary, pleasing distraction performed by individuals who may or may not be following their life's passion and dreams.  So please, spare me the petty jabs, negative stabs, and backstory drama.   I wish only to enjoy my MTT with a side of rum or tequila, preferably in a well-mixed Daiquiri or Margarita.           

This. Times one million.

• Love 5

I was re-watching the episode from last season where the alumni appeared.  Erin kept falling off balance and they seemed to like Madeleine.  I wish Brianna had spent the year dancing to pop, rock and country and come back to try out.  This was also the same episode where Mia said she really liked Tar-UHHHHH (said in Valley Girl voice):)

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Stagecoach said:

I think Cianna looks like Kat in this picture.

I can see that...kind of a cross between Kat and Tessa, the former TCC who tore her ACL in TC (also had a stroke a couple years back).

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yep. Agree completely with cutting the first row. Plus Jaylen. Malena needs help with her overuse of white highlighter. The rest of them are very pretty girls. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Me too, but I think that’s the intent of a lot of questions! How does the candidate react on the fly? A right answer could have to been to laugh in a charming way and say something like “Ooooh, that’s a tricky one!  The girl and the uniform just need each other - the uniform represents so much great DCC history and has been an icon for so long.  It’s so important to the Cowboys fans. And it’s up to each of us to bring that uniform to life every season and represent this organization as an ambassador.” 

Can you handle weird questions on the spot? Are you friendly enough to turn on some charm while you think about a respectful way to answer a question? Or do you get caught off guard, stammer and be awkward. 

The gals get asked some weird shit during appearances, and they’ve got to have the social skills to pull it off gracefully. I suspect that’s how we end up with the Tashas on Show Group that are just fine dancers but great with the public appearances. I assume some gorgeous dancers are just okay from a PR point of view. 

See, had they responded like that, I may have felt differently. However, from what I remember (and it's been years since I watched that episode), they acted almost offended that she didn't give the right answer, which I believe was that the uniform makes the girl (which I think is in line with the cult-like nature of the team). I may definitely be misremembering however, and perhaps they were hoping that she would answer like you did above. Honestly though, I think they just didn't want her on the team anymore, and she wasn't going to make it back regardless of what she said. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Two of the pictures looked like she was out with friends on a Thursday afternoon in Dallas, a third looked to be from a wedding in New Orleans on the 15th, and the last looked like she was back in Allen Texas with Stephanie DiBiase-Wheat but can't tell the time of day.  If it during the day, not a big deal, but if it was late afternoon/early evening. . .

Anything posted in the afternoon, it's not as concerning because she could still make it to practice, but, unless they didn't have practice on Friday (or I'm miscounting the days as listed on Instagram and she left on Saturday for the wedding instead of Friday), she was in NOLA then and not at practice.

Her friend's wedding was in April. The rookie ring ceremony could have been at an earlier date and time because I am sure Stephanie knows when the TC Candidates have practice.

20 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

See, had they responded like that, I may have felt differently. However, from what I remember (and it's been years since I watched that episode), they acted almost offended that she didn't give the right answer, which I believe was that the uniform makes the girl (which I think is in line with the cult-like nature of the team). I may definitely be misremembering however, and perhaps they were hoping that she would answer like you did above. Honestly though, I think they just didn't want her on the team anymore, and she wasn't going to make it back regardless of what she said. 

No, that is exactly how I remember it to. Basically, the girl is incomplete without the uniform. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Her friend's wedding was in April. The rookie ring ceremony could have been at an earlier date and time because I am sure Stephanie knows when the TC Candidates have practice.

Ah, got it.  That makes sense.  Now, if there's only been ONE cut instead of TWO, then it's more likely that Jasmin was the one who was cut, not Kristin.

• Love 1

Favorite response to a question - Can I just leave the room now?  From season 6 when Meghan misunderstood the question and said that Roger Goodell was the Commander in Chief.

Second favorite - Meghan, what's your biggest fear?  Interviews.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Favorite response to a question - Can I just leave the room now?  From season 6 when Meghan misunderstood the question and said that Roger Goodell was the Commander in Chief.

Second favorite - Meghan, what's your biggest fear?  Interviews.

Don't forget Trisha Trevino's answer in the two hour special when she was ask about how she would take care of her uniform. I do not think she understood the question.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

So how many rookies can get in? Just a guess but i think

Dayton

Victoria 

Rachel

Briana

Madeline

Caroline

Lily

If they're sticking to a squad of 36, there will be 15 new rookies this year (21 of 23 vets returned to Training Camp; 2, Selina and Keyra, were cut).  Of the current crop of new girls, the only ones I'm currently HOPING will make the squad are Brennan and Dayton.  That would leave 13 open spots.  Victoria will likely be on the squad regardless of what she does or doesn't do so unless she acts the diva and/or does something either completely illegal (unlikely) or that would majorly embarrass the DCC (again, unlikely).  That makes 12 open slots.  I suspect Briana will get on as well as Madeline and possibly Erin unless she still can't get the style.  That makes 9.  I'd have to see more of the rest to really see who I think would get on and who doesn't.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If they're sticking to a squad of 36, there will be 15 new rookies this year (21 of 23 vets returned to Training Camp; 2, Selina and Keyra, were cut).  Of the current crop of new girls, the only ones I'm currently HOPING will make the squad are Brennan and Dayton.  That would leave 13 open spots.  Victoria will likely be on the squad regardless of what she does or doesn't do so unless she acts the diva and/or does something either completely illegal (unlikely) or that would majorly embarrass the DCC (again, unlikely).  That makes 12 open slots.  I suspect Briana will get on as well as Madeline and possibly Erin unless she still can't get the style.  That makes 9.  I'd have to see more of the rest to really see who I think would get on and who doesn't.

From watching videos on IG, I really like Madeline, Gabby, Taylor J, Jasmin ......... Kristin is a good dancer too. There is another girl, Amber, who is a great dancer, but I'm not sure she has the look. It seems like she has short, really muscular legs. Maybe it's just the angles of the videos I've seen though. I also like Briana from last year. 

I noticed on instagram that on Jalyn story she posted about a golf day.  She is with some guy, perhaps a boyfriend?  It was posted 7 hours ago.  So I am assuming around 3pm TX time?

Could she be one of the cuts? Why would she be out golfing this afternoon if they had rehearsals/show group auditions today? 

Kelli Finglass uploaded two pics on Instagram of Travis Wall at training camp. You can see quite a few tcc's in the background. Sorry, I'm not sure how to upload ig pictures on here!

3 minutes ago, KarenS284 said:

Kelli Finglass uploaded two pics on Instagram of Travis Wall at training camp. You can see quite a few tcc's in the background. Sorry, I'm not sure how to upload ig pictures on here!

11 hours ago, Exmajorette said:

I just want to say re:interviews that I don't understand why they would cut a girl for giving one less than 'graceful' answer. Not everyone is at ease during interv at 18-20 and they are going to get media training anyway. not knowing who the president or the first lady are, that's plain ignorant and at least for me, stupid. 

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

no way they would accept anythinh other than "the uniform is sacred, we are humble servants, a few nobodies really". I actually think that the girls make the uniform iconic these days, so i guess i'm on Kelli's black list.

• Love 7