Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh and that fish (or crawfish?) trap that Wes finally got Sarah to finish.  He seemed to be pretty frustrated at how long it was taking … granted she wasn’t doing well that one day but get going already and finish it.  Loved the way Wes motivated her without drama and yelling like we’ve seen with others on this show.  At least Jermaine’s trap finally yielded a rabbit.  

• Love 1
Just now, Cobb Salad said:

Oh and that fish (or crawfish?) trap that Wes finally got Sarah to finish.  He seemed to be pretty frustrated at how long it was taking … granted she wasn’t doing well that one day but get going already and finish it.  Loved the way Wes motivated her without drama and yelling like we’ve seen with others on this show.  At least Jermaine’s trap finally yielded a rabbit.  

I love Wes but those black eyes were c-r-e-e-p-y. Don't know if it was for snow glare or what, but psycho sz what??

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Wes nailed it by venting his frustration at Sarah regarding how long it was taking to make that fish basket, yet without losing his cool or starting an argument.  I don't think I would have that much restraint, but he was mucho respectful.  I hope the dang thing pays off!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Wes nailed it by venting his frustration at Sarah regarding how long it was taking to make that fish basket, yet without losing his cool or starting an argument.  I don't think I would have that much restraint, but he was mucho respectful.  I hope the dang thing pays off!

IIRC Wes is a business owner so he has experience in managing people and dealing with others effectively well enough to be successful.  That had to have been a key asset dealing with the situation with the fish basket.  

• Like 1

Too bad for Sara.  But when it comes to avoiding permanent damage or getting a survival  notch on a belt, I'd ask them to point me to the truck.  I don't understand how some people can argue with the professionals on something like that.

22 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Jake seems like the coolest person you would ever meet.  

I'd love to have a drink or three with him.  He seems like he would be so fun.  Loved his comment to Waz (paraphrased) "your joke was so terrible, I almost tapped."

Glad Jeremy and Trish finally got a fish.  I loved his fish dance.

Hope Ky can hold out with that mouth infection, but damn, they SUCK.  I had one when my MIL died and I had to suffer through the viewing, funeral and wake after in severe pain.  Thank God my dentist opened the office for me on a Saturday to take care of it.

Not defending 4 days to make a crawfish trap (which does need a tighter weave), but Sarah was told by medic AND Wes and Jermaine to rest that day, so really,  it took her 3.  Still a bit long, but I'm sure it's tedious work and I'd be wanting to take breaks too.

9 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I love Wes but those black eyes were c-r-e-e-p-y. Don't know if it was for snow glare or what, but psycho sz what??

What the hell is he doing?  He looks like he belongs on Walking Dead instead of Naked & Afraid.

• Love 3

Fizzle fizzle. That was a pretty boring XL. It wins the most boring season of all award.

The only good thing about it was that it had a lot of good people, in its cast. 
It looked like it really warmed up there that day before they left, with Sarah sitting there outside without her furs on when Jermaine handed her that rabbit to prepare for the feast. 

I almost died when Jake fell into that crevice with ice water, and icy edges that can cut you up. I was surprised he was able to shake it off as quickly as he appeared to, but you know he was hurting. Just having his foot drenched in ice water for the remainder of the trek must have been the ultimate uncomfortable bummer. He was walking that trail pretty good though, for someone with such a bad foot. Probably because it was completely numb. I think his foot will heal up fast and be fine. 

That food they were given at the end was lame. Snack food. Who would want a pickle after all that? Where are the steaks and lobsters with butter and baked potato with sour cream, pizza and fried chicken? A lousy hot cheeseburger? The food people dream about when they are starving. I doubt anyone was dreaming about pickles. I’m sure anything tasted like heaven at that point though.
This was a low budget season that wasn’t even necessary, since they just finished a real XL season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

IMO this was a pretty lame XL.  I did like most of the people involved and would be okay with seeing some of them on another XL, preferably a longer one.  With the harshness of the weather they had to endure they deserved a better food spread.  I guess that’s for the 60 day people, lol.  Happy to see Jake made it despite the issue with his toe.  I wish this wasn’t his last challenge.  Ky and Gabby made an awesome team - that spear Gabby made looked like it could have injured something, I’m not sure if it would have been effective in fighting off a bear though.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm trying to figure out why this one was so boring... maybe because we knew it was a lot shorter that other XL challenges despite the harsh conditions?? The first episode was good, getting to know the people and watching them tackle the big challenge of finding shelter and getting fire. 

There weren't any big animals to eat, no smoking the meat or burying in the snow to keep and get them through a few more days etc.

I don't think it lacked drama (real or manufactured) so I don't think that was it... I prefer less personal conflict and more teams doing good work to survive while actually accomplishing things... Building a better shelter, showing some clever survival skills.. we just didn't see as much of that this time around since the challenge wasn't that long? 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I think it was less interesting because we watched 7 episodes showing 14 days of survival vs 10 episodes of 60 days of survival.   Laura and Steven survived in a more harsh environment for the same amount of time in one episode so why couldn’t they have had say 2 teams of 3 for 14 days for maybe 3 episodes.  Then move on to somewhere else with other people if Discovery needed to show new programming.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree, this wasn't the best XL season.  It did have 3 of my favorite survivalists, Jake, Gabrielle and Jeremy, but I still wasn't compelled to watch.  Took me two days to clear it from the DVR, when other seasons I was right there Monday night with remote in hand.

Why couldn't the producers give Wes, Jermaine and Sarah three crawfish, huh?  They gave Waz and Jake one each.  And maybe they should have put a fish on each of Jeremy and Trish's lines.

Jake's foot looked nasty, but there was no way they were pulling him for something non-life threatening on day 13 or 14.  It's not like when that chick ate the festering bird head and had to be pulled on day 20.

Ky and Gabrielle were a great team, as were Jake and Waz.  Trish and Jeremy did good.  I loved how he held out his hand for her as they got to the top of the ridge.  

That food spread was so lame.  Walmart crackers and pickles?  

8 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Laura and Steven survived in a more harsh environment for the same amount of time in one episode so why couldn’t they have had say 2 teams of 3 for 14 days for maybe 3 episodes. 

Maybe that's what bothered me about it.  Laura and Steven did it first and did it better.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

My thoughts after finally viewing this episode:

Waz and Jake
After they lost Sarah to the medical tap, they were able to keep going and scored some miracle crawfish. I liked their survival approach. The toughed it out, shared the chore of procuring food, and they freakin' supported each other. Did I have any doubts that Jake would finish? No. Even after Medical showed up on Day 13 to assess Jake's feet, I didn't think they'd tap him. His feet weren't happy, but they weren't horribly infected, and he had no fever. He did worry me with the ice jump, though. That could have ended badly.

Gabby and Ky
Loved them! They're just awesome together, and I'd watch any show with them in it. They really did what they could to keep Joe in the challenge. As much as I like Joe, he just doesn't make good decisions, specifically when it comes to hydration and rest. Gabby and Ky just kept going. 

Wes, Jeremiah, and Sarah
They had a bit of tension, and I really did see both sides of the initial fish basket argument...until we saw how long she was taking in the subsequent episode. Wes is a really good leader when it comes to managing personalities and keeping his team motivated. I don't know anything about his company, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out it was successful. 

Jeremy and Trish
While they didn't have much in the way of food wins, and they got along, Jeremy did the lion's share of at least trying to procure protein after they lost Rod. And, can we talk about how little they did while they allowed an injured Rod to keep working as much as he did? I expected that from Trish, but Jeremy? Come on. Only after Rod's tap, did we see Jeremy  jump up and start hunting. Trish did...I dunno what, during that time. She finally fished with Jeremy a couple of days near the end. However, neither did a whole lot to shore up their "shelter". At the end, it seemed like it either didn't have a door, or the door was just off so the camera crew could get a shot of them. Jeremy is a pretty laid back and patient guy who never asked Trish to do anything and seemed happy with her stating she was keeping the fire going. Trish was her usual self, but without the abrasiveness that she exhibits when a partner actually asks her to do basic camp tasks. In short, she and Jeremy basically waited out their 14 days while complaining about the cold in a shelter that neither seemed interested in making more weather tight. 

The End
The hike out wasn't horrible. As I watched them shed their furs, I figured they were getting warmer from a combination of their physical exertion and the temperature warming as they descended to a lower altitude. In short, I'm glad they finished, but who ordered the Lunchables to be their extraction meal? I hate that this was Jake's last challenge. I love seeing him on my screen. I guess I'll just have to continue stalking him on IG. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

In short, she and Jeremy basically waited out their 14 days while complaining about the cold in a shelter that neither seemed interested in making more weather tight. 

Another reason why this shouldn’t have been classified as an XL.  The 14 day challenge allowed for people to wait out the time.  It was the cold weather equivalent of sunning one’s self on a rock.  While we saw plenty of the others survival skills we got little from both of them.  At least we were spared Trish’s vile behavior this time.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2022 at 2:33 PM, Captain Asshat said:

Gabby and Ky
Loved them! They're just awesome together, and I'd watch any show with them in it. They really did what they could to keep Joe in the challenge. As much as I like Joe, he just doesn't make good decisions, specifically when it comes to hydration and rest. Gabby and Ky just kept going. 

I would watch the hell out of a special episode with just the two of them.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm a little excited!  I was able to record the first Naked and Afraid XL from 2015 that I have never seen.  Something to look forward to this fall!

They’re showing the other XLs - Animal Planet is airing the 6th XL this afternoon.  I watched it when it originally aired and am rewatching the episode now where Kate gets annoyed at both Bulent and Makani for not being as motivated as she is.  I know how it ends for Kate but seeing this again I’m getting annoyed at how bossy she is.  She’s someone I don’t want to see again.  

• Applause 1

Okay, I'm watching the first season and something seemed strange to me. There is a macho group of EJ, Jeff, and Hakim.  They get right to work on their shelter and have no idea where they can find water.  All they have is some barrel cactus that provides some food and liquid.  Hakim gets sick and taps out on day 4 due to no water.  On day 4 Jeff and EJ decide they had better find some water to drink.  Who does that--waiting until day 4 to solve the water problem?

9 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

On day 4 Jeff and EJ decide they had better find some water to drink.  Who does that--waiting until day 4 to solve the water problem?

Jeff, "Mr. Insurance Fraud", and EJ have indeed been a couple of the chosen one's from the beginning.  Possibly they have more 'support' from production.

• Like 1
On 5/17/2022 at 3:25 PM, Liberty said:

Amber, Trish and Jen are the only group left, although Waz and Dan were just guided to consolidation.

Can't help but wonder if other groups were still together Amber, Trish and Jen would be getting less air time.

Found it amusing that Steve told the camera crew he was alone.  Yeah except for the camera crew and access to a medic, you're all alone.  Seems Steve learned some lessons in self-aggrandizement from creepy Jeff.

Steve is not always accompanied by camera men and spends all nights alone, and he was alone in the survival aspect of it as well, which im sure he was pertaining to. 

If he was completely alone he's, I'd imagine he'd be in real danger and his mental health would be in a much worse state.

You can say it's self-aggrandizing but when you feel diminished and are alone in a game of survival, who the hell cares what you exaggerate? You're naked, in the wild, and can only depend on yourself. Unless you're Trish and Jen and don't realize how good you have it until your provider goes away. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Premieres Sunday, May 7th, at 8/7c

https://people.com/tv/naked-and-afraid-last-one-standing-trailer-exclusive/

"Twelve of Naked and Afraid's toughest and most experienced all-stars take on South Africa's punishing Oribi Gorge in a completely new type of challenge," according to a show synopsis. "For the first time ever, survivalists will compete head-to-head through a grueling, multiphase challenge and have their primitive skills tested for the chance to win $100,000."

Edited by Aaron4102
On 4/7/2023 at 6:03 PM, Aaron4102 said:

Jeff again.  Ugh.  At least there are some people there I’ll be happy to watch, even if it’s for the umpteenth time.  The article mentions how Amber is the only woman on the show to complete the 60 day XL - no, she was the only one to finish last season, Riley was the first the prior season making Amber the 2nd woman to finish.  

• Like 1

I liked how much literally every other contestant, including his own partner, absolutely HATE Jeff and openly discuss what garbage he is as a person on every level. So, there's that.

Making them find items was interesting & the doubles in the bundles are clearly meant to see if folks will share/trade/etc. Naturally, Jeff ruined that. If it's that cold, I have the same complaint as I did in other XLs in which folks had already tapped out from bugs & then they brought nets, cold & they brought pelts, etc. If it's that damn cold, either give them all pelts or place enough of them in obvious locations that most can find them.

I get not wanting to build elaborate shelters if you're nomadic, but build something. Damn. Amber isn't my favorite, but she knows better than that, as does Wes.

At least there are a good number of people I like and several that don't bother me either way. Did I mention them hating Jeff? Waz: "So, no. I don't want your fucking knife, Jeff." 😘

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, tljgator said:

I liked how much literally every other contestant, including his own partner, absolutely HATE Jeff and openly discuss what garbage he is as a person on every level. So, there's that.

Even the editors hate Jeff.

Matt: "A challenge like this, it's gonna bring out the weasels."
[Cut to Jeff] "People have misunderstood me for years..."

Looks like some of them bulked up a bit, sensibly.

• Always love Matt; shame that Gwen got med tapped
  • Wes/Amber - Maybe a shelter WOULD have been a good use of time! Hope he and Matt team up to help each other
  • Dan and Cheeney / Steven and Sarah seem solid.
  • Poor Waz stuck with Gary. Do your best to drag his ass to Day 22, buddy. "Is the tree spiky?" Fuck you, Gary. Don't make Waz tie you up.

Gary: "I've been a crutch to a lot of people." Uh-huh.

• Like 7

I hate Jeff.  I don’t say that about many people on TV either.  My opinion of Waz skyrocketed when he told Jeff he wasn’t interested in a trade.  

Too bad about both Gwen and Amber.  I’m hoping that somehow Matt and Wes find each other soon and team up.  What’s interesting is when (I hope) Matt gets his hands on the bows and arrows will he use the spare for anything, I hope not with Jeff. 

It’s funny that they paired Waz with Gary given what happened in last year’s XL.  Waz already knows about Gary’s wreckless behavior. 🤣

• Like 6

The tirelessly self promoting Jeff must be a ratings magnet for N & A.  Saw his first episode where he was 'praying' his way to success, when that religious fervor did not last long in his survival career.

His cartographic background was a revelation, I thought his professional career was limited to 'reality' TV appearances and insurance fraud.  Also not mention of spending the night in the medics' tent on previously.

Must objectively give Jeff credit for 'branding' some of his catchphrases, when he hollered " This is what I live for" across the valley, it had a demoralizing effect on the competitiors.

Getting tired of Raynaud's syndrome references after just watching N & A Solo.  That said, thinking Dan + Cheeny are two darkhorse candidates.

How can anyone not admire Waz' integrity?

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Liberty said:

The tirelessly self promoting Jeff must be a ratings magnet for N & A.  Saw his first episode where he was 'praying' his way to success, when that religious fervor did not last long in his survival career.

His cartographic background was a revelation, I thought his professional career was limited to 'reality' TV appearances and insurance fraud.  Also not mention of spending the night in the medics' tent on previously.

Must objectively give Jeff credit for 'branding' some of his catchphrases, when he hollered " This is what I live for" across the valley, it had a demoralizing effect on the competitiors.

Getting tired of Raynaud's syndrome references after just watching N & A Solo.  That said, thinking Dan + Cheeny are two darkhorse candidates.

How can anyone not admire Waz' integrity?

Regarding the bolded:

1)  I've never heard any adult use "pinky width" as a term of precise measurement on a map.  Is that a cartographer term?

2)  And on the viewers.

3)  This x1000.  Jeff hinted at misleading behavior modification as a good strategy.  Waz looked him straight in the eye and showed Jeff what he thought of him.

This show is starting to look too much like "Survivor."  Not a fan of this iteration.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Regarding the bolded:

1)  I've never heard any adult use "pinky width" as a term of precise measurement on a map.  Is that a cartographer term?

I doubt “pinky width” is a cartographer’s term.  IMO anyone who has taken the time to read the legend in any road map will find the scale and know how to figure out the distance between spots.  I haven’t noticed if the N&A maps include a scale but you don’t have to have gone to school to learn this stuff, just knowing how to read a map is helpful.  Given all of the people involved here has read one of the N&A maps before they should be able to figure it out.  Jeff thinks he is so smart, I don’t think he’s any smarter than anyone else there.   

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

I doubt “pinky width” is a cartographer’s term.  IMO anyone who has taken the time to read the legend in any road map will find the scale and know how to figure out the distance between spots.  I haven’t noticed if the N&A maps include a scale but you don’t have to have gone to school to learn this stuff, just knowing how to read a map is helpful.  Given all of the people involved here has read one of the N&A maps before they should be able to figure it out.  Jeff thinks he is so smart, I don’t think he’s any smarter than anyone else there.   

It did appear that after measuring the "pinky widths" on the map, he was measuring his pinky on a little thing that looked like a scale on the left bottom of the map.

I love the way that Matt's partner, Gwen, immediately said "Let's talk this over tonight and we'll let you know" when Jeff asked about the second bow (which M&G didn't even know would be in the packet).  Quick thinking on her part.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really wish someone could tell me how Amber is some kind of elite survivalist when she's tapped more than she's completed?

Sad about Gwen; I've always liked her.  Hopefully Matt can get that bow quick because Jeff ( 🤢 )and Stacey will be back to "trade."  Unless Matt can throw them off - "Sorry, I can't think about it because I'm sad that Gwen left.  Come see me tomorrow." and then spend the day making his ladder.  Although, Waz & Gary had a great idea for bow retrieval.

Hope Wes and Matt can team up.  

Cheeny and Dan is a pretty shitty pairing in my book.  The two survivalists with the least amount of time.  And I totally agree with @Liberty, I've heard enough about Cheeny's Raynaud's syndrome.  If it's that serious, maybe she shouldn't be out there? 

Steven is one of my favorites, so hoping he can go the distance.  If I put money on it, I think it will be Matt, though.

Mr. Max wondered why Laura hasn't been around for any challenges lately.  I thought maybe she was just over it, she has a 9.9 PSR and wouldn't want to jeopardize it.  He thought maybe she thought her rep was damaged after her pairing with Jeff and doesn't want to show her face.  😄

10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

This show is starting to look too much like "Survivor."  Not a fan of this iteration.

Yeah, I can't say I'm much of a fan this time around, even with one of my favorites.

Edited by madmax
  • Like 5

Jeff should just go on Survivor already.  If he really tosses or takes the pot he should be disqualified.  He says this after he kneels to pray.  What a hypocrite.  He thinks he’s so much better than everyone else there but he’s not.  I laughed when he and Stacy ended up being last with that challenge.  They thought they’d be first to get everything again but they were dead last, ha ha.  If this was the Amazing Race he would have been eliminated, lol.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Are there seriously no rules about dicking with other competitors' goods? If he does this, I hope the entire group finds out and descends on his camp and strips it bare. Sorry, Stacey. You got stuck with the raging asshole.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

Jeff is completely delusional. I loathe everything about this self aggrandizing, faux-Christian, chauvinistic, misogynistic garbage person. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Jeff, meet Karma.

Now, we know that you are a devout Christian, and Karma is a Hindu/Buddhist concept, but we're wondering . . . are there any other religious beliefs you plan to offend?

Apparently, THIS is what you live for.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Tough day when the Christian Cartologist can't read a map, but maybe he was receiving some divine intervention.  Poor Stacey 

Wes really looked vulnerable, that was surprising after previous challenges where his map reading difficulty was not revealed.

Gary and Jeff are both trying to develop their 'characters'.  Good luck boys.

Wonder why Matt was compelled to tell Jeff that he was GIVING the extra bow to Steven.  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Liberty said:

Wonder why Matt was compelled to tell Jeff that he was GIVING the extra bow to Steven.  

Matt had told Jeff that he would give him his decision.  But in making that choice, he was letting Jeff know that they are nothing alike.  It was Matt's to give, trade, or keep.  I think he said something about being in a survival situation, and he didn't feel like it was appropriate to try to enrich himself at the expense of another.  The total dig was in giving it to Steven, not to Jeff.  

I have totally disliked Jeff ever since he and his partner were in an adjacent space to about 6 other survivors, and were loudly gorging on eels they had caught, but weren't even willing to share even one fish hook with 6 starving people.  The phrase, "neighbors, but not roommates," was Jeff's way of describing the relationship and justifying not sharing.  What saddens me is that he has so many fans online that agree with how he behaves. 

Pretty sure Godly Jeff knows the Bible story of the feeding of the 5,000. Jesus didn't hoard 5 loaves and 2 little fish.  He put compassion above everything, and everyone ate that day.  Jeff will do anything for camera time.  He'll kneel and pray if it will get him camera time.  Just like he'll gloat over all the the knives he is hoarding, because it gets him camera time to try to trade them off for his own benefit.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 7

If Jeff tosses their stuff - which I don't think will happen, as much as we all hate Jeff - then all of his stuff is fair game.  Although, I am enjoying the commercials with Stacey saying she has Jeff's fate in her hands.  Wouldn't it be awesome if she tapped just to screw him over?  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

On one hand, i don’t think Jeff has the balls to toss the stuff. On the other hand, i kinda hope he does just to see everyone go crazy—i kinda think that would be fun. To the posters commenting that this is like Survivor—I’m a huge Survivor fan, so i guess that’s why i really like this iteration. Jeff is so gross with kneeling and praying bit. What a joke. 

• Like 3

Loved Steven’s line, “are you threatening me with a good time” when Matt asked him for help with getting those snakes.  They make a great team. 

How could Stacey not know how everyone else despises Jeff with the way people are treating him?  I guess I missed something.  I do like how both Waz and Gary planted the idea to her about how much power she holds over Jeff.  With the way he’s been treating her especially he deserves to be pushed out. What a clueless jerk.  During that nighttime scene where she couldn’t sleep and he’s snoring away I would have loved for her to just say, I’m done I want to leave now so they’d have to wake him up to leave, lol. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think it would be funny to have a gofundme for Stacey if she taps to keep Jeff from winning.  She might make more money for the season than the eventual winner.

While watching last night I was thinking that the rest of them should make an alliance with Stacey and offer her $25,000 from whoever eventually wins to tap and get Jeff out of the game. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I just have to throw this thought out and get it off my mind - why does everyone seemingly assume that Stacey doesn't have what it takes to win this thing?  I recall many an episode where the male of the pair taps out and the woman makes it to the end, so it's not THAT far of a stretch.  I get a creepy gut feeling that the others are trying to kill two rivals off with one tap, a win-win for everyone except Stacey. 

Edited by suzeecat
correct my error on the name
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
58 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I just have to throw this thought out and get it off my mind - why does everyone seemingly assume that Stacey doesn't have what it takes to win this thing? 

It might be since she hasn’t done Naked and Afraid as much as most of the rest that might be perceived as having weaker skills (not true in my book).  She gets nothing if she taps.  Maybe she should remind people of that.  She has some great skills regarding finding that saw that she emphatically said is hers now.   Maybe she could maneuver Jeff into an “oops” moment that forces him to med tap, 😆 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Maybe she could maneuver Jeff into an “oops” moment that forces him to med tap, 😆 

I think I saw a hint of something like that in the preview.  Having Jeff do a medical tap would be the perfect solution. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/14/2023 at 10:33 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

Are there seriously no rules about dicking with other competitors' goods? If he does this, I hope the entire group finds out and descends on his camp and strips it bare. Sorry, Stacey. You got stuck with the raging asshole.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe production has just decided to not inform us of this rule.

Without it, I could see this thing easily degenerating into a series of retaliatory raids on everybodys' camps.

So either production reminded Jeff of this rule off-camera or maybe Jeff got a small clue how bad that would look in the real world.  

Considering it is totally on-target for his sleazy character.

eta:  Could Jeff have just grabbed Matt's bow and ran once it came out of the tree?  Or knocked Matt's ladder down when he was up the tree?

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe production has just decided to not inform us of this rule.

Without it, I could see this thing easily degenerating into a series of retaliatory raids on everybodys' camps.

So either production reminded Jeff of this rule off-camera or maybe Jeff got a small clue how bad that would look in the real world.  

Considering it is totally on-target for his sleazy character.

Jeff apparently chooses not to function as others do in the real world.  His history of insurance fraud proves a lot about how sleazy this character really is.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

All of this for $100k which after taxes isn’t a lot of money that could take you very far at least where I live (NJ).  Maybe buy yourself a new car and have some left over for something else like insurance.  Who knows Jeff might be looking to do that and that’s why he wants to win so badly. 😆😆😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cobb Salad said:

All of this for $100k which after taxes isn’t a lot of money that could take you very far at least where I live (NJ).  Maybe buy yourself a new car and have some left over for something else like insurance.  Who knows Jeff might be looking to do that and that’s why he wants to win so badly. 😆😆😆

I remember Richard Hatch, the first winner of Survivor.  They gave him a check for the full amount of the prize and he didn't pay taxes on it.  That sounds more like Jeff's way of doing things.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1