Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The little silver ball on top of the feed tube for the cord fits over the hole perfectly  to cut off the oxygen and extinguish the burn when you pull down the cord at the bottom of the feed tube. The silver ball has a hook like thing that catches into the cotton cord material that you pull up just a little bit to expose the charred end of the cord to get that part close to the flint sparker.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Looking back to N&A XL VI, more celebrated N&A celebrities like Wes, Gwen and Sarah had personal conflicts with Bulent.  Season VI had the 'banish' experiment, and Bulent Self-Banished, striking out on his own.

At the time he established the record for most 30 days surviving alone, passing Matt Wright's 24 days in XL IV.

He is one of the top survivalists featured on N&A.  We'll see how he does on "Stranded".

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 8/2/2023 at 7:43 AM, Liberty said:

Bulent...is one of the top survivalists featured on N&A.  We'll see how he does on "Stranded".

Why are they calling these people "elite" survivalists when some of them haven't even made 21 days one time?  Bulent is the only one who's completed more than one challenge out of this group.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

Jesus, just make Heather put up or shut up, okay? The first time she bitched about it, they should have told her to shut up and go make fire with her methods then instead of sitting next to them bitching the whole day about how they need fire. No shit, woman, that's what they're trying to do!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Thought the 2 females group was for sure going to loose their pelican.

Surprised Heather has not unleashed her fire starting ability yet, especially after their water pollution possibility was exposed.  The idea that they have a rusty army helmet in which to boil water is not particularly attractive to me.

How about the thinking that water on the mirror would create the refraction needed to focus the light for starting a fire.  It failed, but it was a solid idea for something to try.

Am starting to get some idea this a more producer driven than the old 21 day episodes were.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

HATED the pelican scenes. Since everything looks producer influenced/placed, and lately,  much more obviously so (re: Last one standing and now this castaways show), how the hell did that poor pelican with a broken wing end up sitting right there next to the happened upon boat which had a 9volt battery that still had charge in it, (obviously producer placed). It makes me wonder about how the wing was broken in the first place before it most likely was transported to the deserted debris of the boat in the woods area. Was it found with a broken wing? 

Or did someone break its wing, for this miraculous appearance in the middle of nowhere next to the boat, that held the means to able able to finally start a fire. We will never know I suppose. I do know it was extremely painful for that poor bird and the way Candace (who is reminding me Amber2.0) was stopping it from getting away by holding it by its outstretched tip of its broken wing must have been excruciating before they plopped that metal oven-like hood debris over it, so it could bake in the hot sun and suffer more so, before it eventually was gotten to, torn apart, and made into dinner. 

I feel, the show is slowly starting to cross huge boundaries now, and in my opinion trying to desensitize viewers to lessen empathy in themselves by this type of cruel crapfest put on screen for viewership. All in the name of the popular Survival TV shows and now, widely watched favorite… Naked and afraid as we have all loved for years. So many other shows are doing the same, creeping in slowly ( then slamming you) with some really nasty negative things and personalities in these reality shows, that I have been dropping a few from my TV viewing routine. I’d rather watch reruns of Doc Martin. 

Onto another part of the show.. lol, it didn’t take long for Heathers unbearable personality to shine through, and I am extremely happy that Andrew, at the end there told her to just go make the fire herself if she’s such an expert fire maker and thinks she can do it differently than the law of physics, since the beginnings of fire making by humans throughout history, then please, step right up and do so. That clamped those lips of hers shut, without an argumentative quick comeback for more than 5seconds and counting. I hope they pick up again next week, where they left off at the end of this  episode, because I want to hear what she has to say. Actually I would like to SEE her sit her ass down and attempt to create fire instead of the constant complaints about how they need it and how everyone is doing it wrong. Put her money 💰 where her mouth 👄 is. Instead of haranguing constantly. I sure hope Bulent and Heather finally meet up during this adventure.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Candace bragging about her "kill" and giving herself war paint - uh, you didn't kill the poor pelican.  She REALLY got on my nerves.

Not as much as Heather.  Every time she said she knew how to make fire, Mr. Max and I yelled at the TV for her to make it then.  She didn't even take a turn until they were doing it her way.  

1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

Since everything looks producer influenced/placed, and lately,  much more obviously so (re: Last one standing and now this castaways show), how the hell did that poor pelican with a broken wing end up sitting right there next to the happened upon boat which had a 9volt battery that still had charge in it, (obviously producer placed).

My son, who doesn't even watch the show and just happened in the room when we were watching, remarked how there happened to be a battery with a charge and a wounded animal right there.

We used to joke about them providing the 21 day survivalists a protein score on day 19-20, but this is beyond that.  You know the producers are throwing up their hands on Andrew/Heather and Patrick.  "We gave you a lighter!  We gave you a mirror!  We give up!  You get no fire unless Heather can make one!"

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

It is interesting that some of the characters do not mind doing things that will portray them as 'villains'.  Although I do not have the knowledge, skill, tenacity (and other characterstics) to participate on N&A, I would want to be recorded for television as a kind, generous and caring person.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 8/9/2023 at 7:23 AM, Liberty said:

It is interesting that some of the characters do not mind doing things that will portray them as 'villains'.  Although I do not have the knowledge, skill, tenacity (and other characterstics) to participate on N&A, I would want to be recorded for television as a kind, generous and caring person.

Villains bring bigger ratings.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

AAK! The pelican crew is so puke worthy, I am so glad I wasn’t munching on anything when it came on. That trio is on a whole different level of surviving than the other 2 teams, and its like switching to the twilight zone when they show them.

The disgustingness level of what they are doing with that pelican corpse is not calculable. I am just stunned with what they are doing with it.

Bulent is Bulenting and he’s still real good at it. Once Ni’am reluctantly got a stick and then changed places with Bulent for the airplane wing carry down, it turned out to be a great idea to use as a rain roof cover. They have a cozy little nook there. He is not afraid to work hard and use what is available to make life out there, a little more comfortable.

The last thing I, or anyone for that matter, wants to hear, is Heather boohooing and complaining like a child for sympathy for the predicament she signed up for.

• Like 3

I think it was a good idea for a fish trap; too bad it hasn't seemed to work.  I do agree that the pelican carcass was pretty gross, but survival.  Use everything you can to survive.

Bulent's crew seems to be doing well.  Na'im might not be exactly what Bulent wants in a team mate, but he's stepped up and he brought in food.

Heather's whiny ass can tap.  I didn't like her in her first challenge, I don't like her in this one.  She's so good at fire, why don't they have it?  And for someone complaining about bug bites, why move to the beach where you have sand fleas in addition to the rest of the biters?  I'm glad Andrew didn't take her shit.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

This addition to the N&A franchise is certainly not bringing out the comments or viewers

I'm thinking the most comments on this forum were generated by the 40 day N&A XLs.

Who knew how tough it was to start a friction fire, certainly not Heather, "Mr. Insurance Fraud" Jeff or Steven "I'm a big deal" Hall.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1

Bulent is showing the fact that he is not good at being a team player. I though Na’im’s idea of two snares close together was a good one. Plus I think the loop is a bit too small for a big boar head and neck to wander into, unnoticed by the boar. It seems like Bulent is a naysayer for the sake of being oppositional to anyones advice or input on any of their suggestions. The only thing he seemed agreeable to that was brought up by someone other than himself, was when Kerra suggested they set up camp in an area that she pointed out would be a good one.

They are also saying he is tiresome in his constant unasked for teaching advice about survival tips and goes on and on like he is their mentor teacher on this shared adventure. The Grand Pubah of survival information. He does not play well with others, and it is showing. I’d be bumming out if I were in his group at this point. Who died and made him the boss of everything that goes on within the group of the three of them? He did, and you better not question him on that! 🫥 

I do love Bulent when he is doing a solo adventure that he excels in, or if he is with jerks that need some talking down to…But he is being a pain in the ass here.

Thank God Andrew, Patrick and Heathers team finally got fire so we don’t have to hear her toddler tantrums anymore. Well, for now, concerning fire at least. All it took was a planted container of gasoline and a spark maker. If that didn’t work, I bet they would have come across a fully intact dry book of matches the next time they combed the beach for survival treasures.

Candice and her jaw/ear pain. Whoa, I kind of know what that feels like and think it has to do with a salivary gland infection of some sort. Very painful. I bet she is relieved they had to tap her because that pain would have been torture to deal with out there living in those ultra uncomfortable conditions, to begin with. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Thank God Andrew, Patrick and Heathers team finally got fire so we don’t have to hear her toddler tantrums anymore. Well, for now, concerning fire at least. All it took was a planted container of gasoline and a spark maker. If that didn’t work, I bet they would have come across a fully intact dry book of matches the next time they combed the beach for survival treasures.

Haven't watched it yet but . . . GOLLY . . . are you suggesting there was production intervention?  I can't believe that this show isn't 100% real.  It's just a coincidence that all of these contestants who have starved to the level of inactivity for weeks suddenly find protein on Day 20.

(Actually, I think they assign one of the lower-level production assistants to hide the protein in such a way that the audience is supposed to believe that the contestants have actually found it/killed it/caught it.  But I think most of the audience just laughs in anticipation of what will be provided to the contestants on Day 20.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

We finally got to watch the latest episode last night.

FOR PETE'S SAKE.  They have a team that can't make a fire and they're starving, so they provide them with gasoline, a striker, and a huge fish just laying out at the water's edge?  Do fish just get themselves stuck out there on the beach?

And they didn't appear to de-scale the fish (maybe production should have provided them with a scaler)?  They just cooked it and ate it with the scales on?  BTW, Heather - what you provided were not fillets . . . they were hacked-off pieces.

Why couldn't they make it possible for the other team to find a box of antibiotics with instructions and an expiration date on the boat?

Bulent - I appreciate your straightforwardness, but if what you're doing isn't quite working, listen to your teammates' options.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

We finally got to watch the latest episode last night.

FOR PETE'S SAKE.  They have a team that can't make a fire and they're starving, so they provide them with gasoline, a striker, and a huge fish just laying out at the water's edge?  Do fish just get themselves stuck out there on the beach?

And they didn't appear to de-scale the fish (maybe production should have provided them with a scaler)?  They just cooked it and ate it with the scales on?  BTW, Heather - what you provided were not fillets . . . they were hacked-off pieces.

Why couldn't they make it possible for the other team to find a box of antibiotics with instructions and an expiration date on the boat?

Bulent - I appreciate your straightforwardness, but if what you're doing isn't quite working, listen to your teammates' options.

Yea I just found it odd how each team *found* something different to salvage to get the tools and weapons they needed.  One found a plane, one found a boat, and the other found a lighter, gas, and yes a fish lol

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 8/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, ForumLou said:

Yea I just found it odd how each team *found* something different to salvage to get the tools and weapons they needed.  One found a plane, one found a boat, and the other found a lighter, gas, and yes a fish lol

Team Andrew/Patrick/Heather got the Jeep, TWO lighters and a mirror for fire making, a bayonet and a conveniently beached fish.

Team Candace/Rachel/Justin got the boat, the battery with a charge, an ax and a conveniently wounded Pelican.

Team Bully/Na'im/Kerra got a plane and a mirror for fire making.  Where is their found sharp implement?  Where is their conveniently wounded/beached protein?  Boy, are they getting the short end of the challenge.  🤨

How did Rachel not know how deep the water was when she jumped in?  She was literally just swimming in the water.  Is she that clueless?

Poor Candace, but I would have immediately tapped.  That shit looked painful.

Bully is very much my way or the highway.  As @SassyCat said, he is very much not a team player, no matter who his teammates are.  He's proven that he is much better at working alone.  He should go on Alone.  

I have never seen gasoline come in a jug like that.  The jug she found looked more like a motor oil jug to me.  But whatever helped them finally get fire. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, madmax said:

Team Andrew/Patrick/Heather got the Jeep, TWO lighters and a mirror for fire making, a bayonet and a conveniently beached fish.

Team Candace/Rachel/Justin got the boat, the battery with a charge, an ax and a conveniently wounded Pelican.

Team Bully/Na'im/Kerra got a plane and a mirror for fire making.  Where is their found sharp implement?  Where is their conveniently wounded/beached protein?  Boy, are they getting the short end of the challenge.  🤨

How did Rachel not know how deep the water was when she jumped in?  She was literally just swimming in the water.  Is she that clueless?

Poor Candace, but I would have immediately tapped.  That shit looked painful.

Bully is very much my way or the highway.  As @SassyCat said, he is very much not a team player, no matter who his teammates are.  He's proven that he is much better at working alone.  He should go on Alone.  

I have never seen gasoline come in a jug like that.  The jug she found looked more like a motor oil jug to me.  But whatever helped them finally get fire. 

That's a great idea going on Alone.  I was thinking about Max too, on Alone

• Like 4
5 hours ago, ForumLou said:

That's a great idea going on Alone.  I was thinking about Max too, on Alone

I was thinking he would be great for Solo that they just aired but that was 21 days and you’re out of there (unless they raise it the next time if they do it again) and I think he’d make that easily.  I’d like to see how long he’d last on a show like Alone as well.  I don’t remember offhand how long he went alone on his first XL but to see him compete against others without interacting with them would be interesting. 

• Like 3

Kind of a boring episode.  Yay, Bully got what he wanted and he's all alone to catch his nemesis.

Justin did it right, why did Rachel have to panic him like that?

If I was Andrew, I'd pack up my shit and get away from both of those lunatics.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

This Bulent in this Castaways show is a total ass and has fallen off his Bone Throne of Unique and interesting characters as far as I am concerned. What a jerk he is being. If I were a psychiatrist I’d say he has Oppositional Defiant disorder. I can get why he was a little peeved about being woken up hearing tree breaking sounds by Na’im close by. He could have tried to do it a little further than the sleeping beauties, but then he’d have further to haul it back. He also wanted to work while the sun was not beating down. Absolutely right and logical reasons to be gathering wood for the team while he had the energy and gumption to. I mean, they are stuck out in the woods naked, on a survival mission. Supposedly working as a team. 

Plopping a log on Na’ims feet while they were trying to fall asleep was so rude and aggressive, and if the tables were turned Bulent would have had a cow! Maybe even popped him one… and rightfully so. It was a malicious and intentional act. It probably was one of the logs Na’im woke him up harvesting that morning, and he used it vindictively to get back at him. 

Kerra, not siding with Na’im, and calling out Bulent’s rotten behavior shows she is just a coward, afraid to get on Bulents bad side. She’s kissing up to him way too much for someone who is witnessing all thats going on in front of her. Including turning Na’ims apology to her into a “poor me” situation that she has to sit and watch this abuse done to Na’im by Bulent while doing nothing to stand up for the actual victim of the abusive behavior. She completely avoids placing any blame on Bulent. It is best she chose to leave the gloomy forest offering one evasive pig with Bulent insisting only he alone has capable hunting skills that can EVENTUALLY capture it. 

She’s better off finding the shore line paradise that Heather, Patrick and Andrew have moved to and are living it up on, eating crab and fish. Until Patrick gets his stupid ass chewed up by a saltwater crocodile he thinks he can jump on and kill single handedly, that is. Has he never seen the power and explosive strength these masses of reptilian muscle possess? His bony butt must be some kind of new level of insane to even think it is a possibility. He just thinks its so exciting, and wants to be like like the fictional Crocodile Dundee. We also find out during this episode that Heather has been an alligator wrangler in her day. Just another thing to add to her resume.

I wonder if Bulent really was happy his two teammates left him behind, abandoning him with his precious pig. He does manage to bring himself to where other naked people are congregating during these shows, so I think it’s more for bravado show he claims to prefer to do these as a nomadic single.

Edited by SassyCat
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, SassyCat said:

This Bulent in this Castaways show is a total ass and has fallen off his Bone Throne of Unique and interesting characters as far as I am concerned. What a jerk he is being. If I were a psychiatrist I’d say he has Oppositional Defiant disorder. I can get why he was a little peeved about being woken up hearing tree breaking sounds by Na’im close by. He could have tried to do it a little further than the sleeping beauties, but then he’d have further to haul it back. He also wanted to work while the sun was not beating down. Absolutely right and logical reasons to be gathering wood for the team while he had the energy and gumption to. I mean, they are stuck out in the woods naked, on a survival mission. Supposedly working as a team. 

Plopping a log on Na’ims feet while they were trying to fall asleep was so rude and aggressive, and if the tables were turned Bulent would have had a cow! Maybe even popped him one… and rightfully so. It was a malicious and intentional act. It probably was one of the logs Na’im woke him up harvesting that morning, and he used it vindictively to get back at him. 

Kerra, not siding with Na’im, and calling out Bulent’s rotten behavior shows she is just a coward, afraid to get on Bulents bad side. She’s kissing up to him way too much for someone who is witnessing all thats going on in front of her. Including turning Na’ims apology to her into a “poor me” situation that she has to sit and watch this abuse done to Na’im by Bulent while doing nothing to stand up for the actual victim of the abusive behavior. She completely avoids placing any blame on Bulent. It is best she chose to leave the gloomy forest offering one evasive pig with Bulent insisting only he alone has capable hunting skills that can EVENTUALLY capture it. 

She’s better off finding the shore line paradise that Heather, Patrick and Andrew have moved to and are living it up on, eating crab and fish. Until Patrick gets his stupid ass chewed up by a saltwater crocodile he thinks he can jump on and kill single handedly, that is. Has he never seen the power and explosive strength these masses of reptilian muscle possess? His bony butt must be some kind of new level of insane to even think it is a possibility. He just thinks its so exciting, and wants to be like like the fictional Crocodile Dundee. We also find out during this episode that Heather has been an alligator wrangler in her day. Just another thing to add to her resume.

I wonder if Bulent really was happy his two teammates left him behind, abandoning him with his precious pig. He does manage to bring himself to where other naked people are congregating during these shows, so I think it’s more for bravado show he claims to prefer to do these as a nomadic single.

'This' Bulent in 'this' Castaways show..... Welcome to the show heheh. I'm just kidding, but he hasn't changed one iota.  He loves being in charge and working alone.  I bet he never catches up with the other two UNLESS he gets the pig. I thought he was actually personable in the beginning but stress and tension wears you down and things happen. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

'This' Bulent in 'this' Castaways show..... Welcome to the show heheh. I'm just kidding, but he hasn't changed one iota.  He loves being in charge and working alone.  I bet he never catches up with the other two UNLESS he gets the pig. I thought he was actually personable in the beginning but stress and tension wears you down and things happen. 

I actually love the Bulent personality, mostly. I wrote (which follows) much more about Bulent, but the tangent I got on was too long for one post, lol. So I only posted the second half. I agree with your post. He was doing so well, kind of, with Kerra and Na’im in the beginning. Then he started being bully dictator controller of all actions the others weren’t allowed to partake of while in his presence. He minimalized their efforts to enjoy and try their own methods that they wanted to do and try while on the same exact survival experience, using the nasty side of his personality. It was their time to try their own ways of dealing with the natural environment, that they too, were stuck in. Just like Bulent was.

He took their team and made it a dictatorship under his rule alone. Not because they were lazy and not doing helpful things, but only for the sake of being a controller, his way or the highway, dictatorship. These two people with him were great teammates and he could not give them an inch, or any feelings of contribution of their own accord, or the ability to enjoy the adventure without walking/sitting/lying down on the Bulent eggshells strewn all over the woods they shared together. He blew it if he wanted to be seen as reasonable for his decisions to treat badly the people he was with, who were perfectly fine survivalists in their own rights. They both were pulling their weight and trying to be good teammates. Nobody was being a Kate, or Seth, or a Makani. 

The first part of my unposted post: 

It was cool and funny when he said Suck it Kate, because she was a real pain in the ass.

It was funny when he completely tossed right back in her face, to Makani (Broccoli as he nicknamed her) that her gaslighting attempt, using cutesy female wiles wasn’t going to work this time. Makani trying to make Bulent suddenly start thinking it was HIS idea to build a wind breaking firewall, and giving him tips on how to go about building it, when all along it was her idea and hopes that he would build it after he already said he had no interest in building one was SO manipulative! She was cold, he was not. He couldn’t give a crap about having a wall or not.

I just loved the way he didn’t let her get away with that obvious manipulative ploy on her part and told her so with a disgusted look on his face. I would have done the same if I were him. She treated him like he was some mindless male who would actually be STUPID enough to actually suddenly start thinking it really WAS his idea all along to build a fire wall, because he would just be SO happy to do that task for the humble doe eyed, eyelash fluttering, damsel in distress with a great bod. LOLOL. That is my absolute favorite Bulent moment. That and his bone throne.

It was funny and fitting how he calmly and cooly talked with starving Seth, asked to borrow the bow and arrows and was refused their use, by the great and prolific hunter. No.. Seth would not for one minute give someone else a try at possibly getting something for the both of them to eat if Bulent got lucky with a kill. So, cooking the turtles he had, in his little one man campsite downwind of Seth’s little hangout, where seth starts thinking he’s hallucinating the smells of barbecue, because he’s so hungry and its getting to his mind, was really funny. Seth didn’t deserve a piece of his pie. The way he handled Seth was pure gold. Plus he ended up with the bow and arrows in his possession, anyway.

The rampaging women Sarah, Suzahhhn, and Gwen, with their bug-eyed rage that Bulent didn’t arise at a predetermined morning time for hunting in a blind while they sat at their place and waited for him to come back with a kill, was a bit much. Sure they were mad about him not keeping his word and sleeping through the morning (after walking for days in the African desert, while they had not. They were refining their laying around, saving energy techniques).. but they were practically frothing at the mouth to “BANISH” him because this particular XL season included banishment privileges for the groups. He had already told them it wasn’t going to work out and he was going to move on, but they had to wield that power and Banished him anyway. A lame attempt to have last word, while drunk with the new banishing power to control another persons fate and destiny in the jungle for daring to sleep instead of hunt and bring them food they can’t get themselves. 

Maybe that bow and arrow set Seth had before him had some kind of sleeping spell on it for anyone who had it in their possession. Seth was always snoring away in the blind he stayed in day after day, avoiding any other kind of survival chores. Bulent couldn’t even rouse himself out of bed. Twice if I recall. 

I loved that he just walked away, surthrived better than any of them, and surprised their sheepish asses at the end, when he strolled up to the big tree for extraction. 

• Like 1

Wow, really cool of the producers to snare that pig.

WTF is up with the bright red gas can?!?!?  That was NOT what they showed had "washed up" on shore previously.  This is getting a little ridiculous now.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, madmax said:

WTF is up with the bright red gas can?!?!?  That was NOT what they showed had "washed up" on shore previously.  This is getting a little ridiculous now.

I'm beginning to wonder if Amazon delivers everywhere.  Definitely NOT the same "gas can" they found originally.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Well Bulent got his porcine. Yay. Good for him. I hope the meat will stay good enough to eat if he meets up with the others.

He said he does not miss having others around to talk to. I believe him. What he misses is having people around to talk AT. He was enjoying that. 

His communication has always been one way,, in this particular  group setting this season. 

Wow! Rachel and her leg! It certainly did look swollen. Since it ended up that she had actually broken it, then no wonder! A fracture in the tibia IS a broken bone. She must have really been hurting. I hope she is doing a lot better now that she is out of the woods and taking care of that broken leg. 

I recently fractured my arm, the top ball part of the humerus (in 3 places!) and can vouch it hurts like hell. Especially the first days for a couple/few weeks. Crazy painful even sitting on a comfy couch while not moving. For her to be sitting and maneuvering around on rocky terrain in the woods with a fractured leg in the first days of her injury, is insane. She is a true and real trooper. Give that girl a Percocet! 

Heather was uncharacteristically tolerable to watch this episode and it looks like Patrick has come to his senses. Another Yay for them. I am glad we don’t get to see Patrick eaten by a crocodile 🐊

Edited by SassyCat
Added
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 9/5/2023 at 10:56 PM, SassyCat said:

Wow! Rachel and her leg! ... For her to be sitting and maneuvering around on rocky terrain in the woods with a fractured leg in the first days of her injury, is insane. She is a true and real trooper. Give that girl a Percocet! 

That really sucked that she broke that leg, but it really was her own fault.  She swam to the boat, so she knew how deep it was.  Why she jumped in like that, knowing the depth, is beyond me.

As to the most recent episode, Bulent's shtick is getting old.  And he's just being a dick at this point.  

With the lack of posts, I guess it's not that popular anymore.  Maybe all the producer input...

• Like 3
9 hours ago, madmax said:

With the lack of posts, I guess it's not that popular anymore.  Maybe all the producer input...

It's kind of sad.

When Bulent did not awaken to see the pig in his trap was a real tip off.  It was the first trap where a lasso around the abdoman killed it quarry in a matter of hours.  The production crew could not even get the lasso around the pig's neck.  Production probably worked out a deal with Bulent to share his 'kill' with everyone. 

Heather's outfit has evolved, a blue skirt with the helmet is a 10 on the N & A runway.  There is a way out of all your pain and sorrow Heather, quit.  Funny  how when she and Andrew had some food, their characters returned.

Have given quite bit of thought to how the plane, jeep and boat were placed on the set.  Guessing a helicopter was used.  We have yet to see a path big enough for a jeep, and the plane crash could easily have been placed by a helicopter.

Bulent lost a lot of ground in my book.

Anyhow only us dedicated fans made it to the end of this miserable iteration of the show.

Edited by Liberty
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Liberty said:

When Bulent did not awaken to see the pig in his trap was a real tip off.  It was the first trap where a lasso around the abdomen killed it quarry in a matter of hours.  The production crew could not even get the lasso around the pig's neck. 

I'm 100% city slicker . . . but I watch a couple of veterinarian-type shows on TV.  One thing I've learned is that if you even look at a pig cross-eyed, it will scream.  LOUDLY.  There's no way that wild boar got caught in a trap and didn't make enough noise for everybody on that island to hear.

I'll think I'll skip future iterations of this franchise.  Getting REALLY phony.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I agree with Madmax and Libertys two above posts. 
The reason we all started watching this type of show was interest in true survival with minimal aid from a few tools in hand. Not because we wanted to see naked people. 
The now obvious and continued growth of production interference has taken away the very reason we want to watch this “reality” show, to begin with. Fans are falling by the wayside.

Yes, Bulent is being a dick for no reason other than thinking people like to see him be mean to people. He has it wrong now. I think most only appreciated it when he was quick to call out others for being jerks when they were being jerks. Not just for no reason at all. It was just mean of him, unnecessarily, to Andrew to mouth off at him when Andrew wanted to show some comradery after he and Bulent set up the fan barbecue together.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Yes, Bulent is being a dick for no reason other than thinking people like to see him be mean to people.

Bulent isn’t being a dick. Bulent is a dick.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, Liberty said:

Have given quite bit of thought to how the plane, jeep and boat were placed on the set.  Guessing a helicopter was used.  We have yet to see a path big enough for a jeep, and the plane crash could easily have been placed by a helicopter.

Yeah, I love how there's a Jeep on the island with no reasonable paths for one.  And I still maintain Bully's group were screwed - they never "found" a legitimate sharp item, like the ax or bayonet.

9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'll think I'll skip future iterations of this franchise.  Getting REALLY phony.

It was all fun and games when game miraculously appeared on day 20.  But this is WAY out of hand.  A gas can with apparently at least a liter of gas in it?  A dead boar caught by his abdomen?  Finding everyone else without any kind of map?  I think I may just stick with the regular Naked & Afraid, maybe XL as long as it isn't that ridiculous last man standing.  But this?  Not for me anymore.

9 hours ago, SassyCat said:

The reason we all started watching this type of show was interest in true survival with minimal aid from a few tools in hand. Not because we wanted to see naked people. 
The now obvious and continued growth of production interference has taken away the very reason we want to watch this “reality” show, to begin with. Fans are falling by the wayside.

I loved this in the beginning, because it wasn't so faked and producer-driven.  Not quite Les Stroud's Survivorman, but as close as we could get when he quit doing his show.  But now, it's just any other reality type show.  And it's sad.

Edited by madmax
  • Like 4
On 9/12/2023 at 3:59 AM, Liberty said:

It's kind of sad.

When Bulent did not awaken to see the pig in his trap was a real tip off.  It was the first trap where a lasso around the abdoman killed it quarry in a matter of hours.  The production crew could not even get the lasso around the pig's neck.  Production probably worked out a deal with Bulent to share his 'kill' with everyone. 

Heather's outfit has evolved, a blue skirt with the helmet is a 10 on the N & A runway.  There is a way out of all your pain and sorrow Heather, quit.  Funny  how when she and Andrew had some food, their characters returned.

Bulent lost a lot of ground in my book.

Anyhow only us dedicated fans made it to the end of this miserable iteration of the show.

And the boat. Found very far inland... I would like to recommend reruns of Dual Survivor.  It's very good and you see the hardships and what they go through.  I'm totally hooked and have worked my way through all of the seasons hah.  It's on Discovery and D+

• Like 2

I'm glad this one is over.  Along with all the planted materials, I was rolling my eyes about all the remarks to the effect of "If this doesn't work, we're never getting off this island".  I'm positive that no matter what, they would've made it home at the end of 21 days. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This was a rough season to make it through.

Takeaways:

At the end, I guess I didn't hate Heather as much as her previous stint?

Andrew is painfully cheerful.

Patrick was turning into Bulent-light after getting the nod of approval from the alpha. Yes, Na'im could have just waited patiently for the axe, but Patrick seemed to have decided that raft building was below him. 

Bulent apparently forgot that he is a dick who has nothing but disdain for all humans who aren't named Bulent and seemed downright pleasant the last few days.

Kerra was there, too. 

I need a break from this show.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I laffed when I saw the smooth pristine suede leather without a wrinkle of being washed upon the shore, they seemed to have found to make shoes with. Also the bolt of unwrinkled, non sandy or water stained blue material they had enough of to make a sail and some clothing with for the girls. Yeah, uh huh.

I do think Patrick was being bulent like when Na’im asked for the tool to make the raft. He just didnt want to comply and made a bigger stink about it than necessary, then jumped up yelling in his face and practically chest bumping Na’im because he dared to say he really needed the axe for working on the more important raft. I am surprised that little episode didn’t come to blows, the way Patrick was asking for a fight. Sitting eating coconuts and withholding the most important tool, while Na’im was trying to build them all a raft. 

Also that was a pretty huge bon fire on the top of that cliff they just left there to burn (the whole island down with). That was pretty negligent of them. Though I am sure there were people left there behind the scenes to make sure that didn’t happen… it was a dumb thing to televise as really happening. 
Bring the good old N&A days back please. Without all this bullcrappery it’s become. 

Edited by SassyCat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

"These rocks are really hot", Heather is really a quick learner.  Other than demonstrating how to make a fish trap, did she do anything except complain?

I thought I had seen every episode of every show, but so many of these people I could swear I had never seen.

There was an ad for the new season of N & A, which I believe is scheduled to start October 15, I quiver with excitement that it is less than 1 month away.

• LOL 1