Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/23/2020 at 3:07 PM, ForumLou said:

Anyway i thought Gwen had a pretty good journey this time.  She and Wes made a great team.  

Do you think Gwen & Wes would have made it as long as they did without help from the medic? 

Has any participant ever been shown to have more attention from the medics than Wes? Jeff Zausch, that creepy little fellow, was provided with a night in the medic's hut, so at least Jeff Zausch, was shown to have received more attention than we are shown for Gwen or Wes. 

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Liberty said:

Do you think Gwen & Wes would have made it as long as they did without help from the medic? 

Has any participant ever been shown to have more attention from the medics than Wes? Jeff Zausch, that creepy little fellow, was provided with a night in the medic's hut, so at least Jeff Zausch, was shown to have received more attention than we are shown for Gwen or Wes. 

Im probably forgetting but i only recall him seeing the medic about the blockage.  What else was there?  Yes i do think they would have made it, there were so many Impala Wes could have replenished the moldy meat easy.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Im probably forgetting but i only recall him seeing the medic about the blockage.  What else was there?  Yes i do think they would have made it, there were so many Impala Wes could have replenished the moldy meat easy.

The medic treated them when they ate the aloe.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, madmax said:

The medic treated them when they ate the aloe.  

Oh that's right.  Well, i consider that a group poisoning lol. Didn't it almost take out the whole tribe?  Or was that when it was still just him and G?  I don't remember.  Still just the 2 incidents, but i bet had he not initiated the medic call, they would of come knocking on the boma door.  He had to go 100%. I wonder if they had to do surgery.  Hope he is ok.  I haven't seen anything about a reunion.  I think last season it played late too.  I don't know why then, but now could be because of co vid.

On 8/24/2020 at 7:42 AM, Liberty said:

Haha oh that Jeff.  He certainly has been popping up on the teevee as of late.  I was watching the last season of of DS with him and EJ.  And then he did the shark alley thing with the twins from New Zealand and Matt.

P.s. afterthought: can you see a team of Jeff and Bulent? Hehehe that would be great.  One loud one quietish.  Which isn't to say he doesn't get his point across, he just never raises his voice.  Buttn heads, buttn heads, buttn heads

Edited by ForumLou
PS..
  • Love 1
On 8/23/2020 at 10:32 PM, LittleIggy said:

Waking up to Ryan’s wang hanging over her head, I’m surprised Suzanne didn’t scream.

I know! Can you imagine! LOLOLOLOL

she was awesome though, how she handled it.....HIM hah

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Oh that's right.  Well, i consider that a group poisoning lol. Didn't it almost take out the whole tribe?  Or was that when it was still just him and G? 

At that point, it was just the two of them.

2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Oh cool!  Have they said who else ?

I watched the video and here's who I came up with:

Matt
Ed
Can't remember redhead woman
Carrion eater guy
Jeff (ugh)
Nice Marine guy Max or Chance?
Sarah
Steven Lee Hall
Other woman I can't remember

I forgot bearded guy, either Ryan or Chris - I always got the two of them confused.

Maybe someone else can do better:

Edited by madmax
bearded guy
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, madmax said:

Matt
Ed
Carrion eater guy
Jeff (ugh)
Sarah
Steven Lee Hall

I forgot bearded guy, either Ryan or Chris - I always got the two of them confused.

It was a valiant try 😉  thanks for that

• Love 1
5 hours ago, madmax said:

Matt
Ed
Carrion eater guy
Jeff (ugh)
Sarah
Steven Lee Hall

Oh Steven...i have a question about him,  I've never seen what happened.  I think 2 or 3 XLs ago, in a jungle.  Last day, prepping for extraction and he got bit by a snake.  They had to carry him out.  Whatever happened with that? How is his foot?

I think the redhead is Riley.

There's going to be a lot of tension it looks like.  Too many alphas and pseudo-alphas. Last season didn't have enough, looks like the opposite this time..I think its back in the jungle.  Enough of Africa for a while.    I know they have to sell it, but i cant stand when they get all 'I'm a LEGEND!'  Instant turnoff.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ForumLou said:

There's going to be a lot of tension it looks like.  Too many alphas and pseudo-alphas. Last season didn't have enough, looks like the opposite this time..I think its back in the jungle.  Enough of Africa for a while.    I know they have to sell it, but i cant stand when they get all 'I'm a LEGEND!'  Instant turnoff.

I like the tension. If they're all alpha douchebags that think they should be in charge, this may be the most fun season yet!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, madmax said:

Matt
Ed
Carrion eater guy
Jeff (ugh)
Sarah
Steven Lee Hall

I was gonna start this reply with a capital UGH! until I saw that you used it already. Are any of these people likable? To me most are forgettable until I see them again. I don't remember most by name but carrion-eater and Jeff are equally contemptible. I don't mind if they're all jerks. We may get an interesting show if they're all trying to be the boss.

18 hours ago, ForumLou said:

There's going to be a lot of tension it looks like.  Too many alphas and pseudo-alphas. 

I think you're right.  On both counts.

40 minutes ago, Eataton said:

I was gonna start this reply with a capital UGH! until I saw that you used it already. Are any of these people likable? To me most are forgettable until I see them again. I don't remember most by name but carrion-eater and Jeff are equally contemptible. I don't mind if they're all jerks. We may get an interesting show if they're all trying to be the boss.

I like Steven Lee Hall, although he is full of himself.  And I like Matt.  The nice Marine guy wasn't bad.  I think he was on the XL with Russell and Russell left him all by himself because Russell got too cold.

I liked Ed until that XL with Jeff.

I'm pretty sure they're in the Louisiana swamps.

Edited by madmax

So the DVR taped a preview and Mr. Max and I figured out a few more:

Max, the Marine

Ryan is the bearded guy.

Amber is one of them women (I always remember her as the woman who tapped twice - in one she was with Chris and called him a pussy because he didn't want to hunt gator.  He got himself a gator after she tapped.  😁That may have been the one where she tapped because her breast implant burst.  She tapped again, I think with the Asian guy with glasses, who had 2 people tap on him)

Suzanne (again)

And, this is going to be great, LACEY.  She was in an XL with Amber and I do believe they clashed.

Edited by madmax
1 hour ago, madmax said:

And, this is going to be great, LACEY.  She was in an XL with Amber and I do believe they clashed.

Her last XL in Africa?  I think she clashed with just about everyone there. I don’t really remember Amber at all though.  This seems like an interesting bunch and I’m looking forward to watching it, as long as we don’t get the constant reminders that this is a 60 day challenge like we did with you know who.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Her last XL in Africa?  I think she clashed with just about everyone there. I don’t really remember Amber at all though.  This seems like an interesting bunch and I’m looking forward to watching it, as long as we don’t get the constant reminders that this is a 60 day challenge like we did with you know who.  

I got my XLs mixed up.  Lacey and Amber were in two separate XLs.  But I do remember both of them being quite bitchy and mean.

And as to the constant reminders by you know who?  We'll get them for sure, because he already did 60 days...

• Love 3

E.J. would never have made it through his first N&A episode without medical attention, and that medical intervention led to his celebrity status.  He just wants to sell his products and presence.👎 I won't post a link to his sales website.

As if I need to watch Jeff "Mr. Insurance fraud"  Zausch whoop it up while disregarding his relationship with other participants again.

Maybe these two can get their own medical team.  Others would have been pulled for medical reasons.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2021 at 7:07 PM, rlc said:

I’m really not sure I can handle another season of Jeff whooping and hollering. He is loathsome.

Gotta love the new caveman look haha. j/k  i dig a guy with wild hair.  Not wild enough to overlook the stoooopid whooping and hollering though. .  Ok maybe once do it, celebrate.  But then just STOP already

I see some of the others prepared more in that letting the hair out, facial beards, a little extra weight.  That will be gone in no time. Then you can write a book about survivng on protein in the wild.  It will be a bestseller

• Love 1

Lacey was actually likeable and got along with her teammates.  Wow.  I was hoping since Suz-ahn got a couple of competent people as teammates this time she’d be more bearable.  I guess not.  Yeah, day 3, they haven’t eaten yet since they’re still working on their shelter isn’t a good start.  It looks like a very tough environment since there’s hints of possible taps early on.  

• Love 1

Maybe all the bugs flying in his  mouth will keep Jeff from hollering so much.  Gah, so many mosquitoes, there's no way I would handle it ten minutes!  It's uncomfortable just watching. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

Maybe all the bugs flying in his  mouth will keep Jeff from hollering so much.  Gah, so many mosquitoes, there's no way I would handle it ten minutes!  It's uncomfortable just watching. 

When Jeff was complaining about his swollen feet on Day 2, I was yelling, "Tap out, Jeff.  TAP OUT!!!!!"  

(To quote him, "THIS is what I live for.")

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Suzanne sure was a pain in the butt with all her micromanaging. She looks different in the jawline area. Maybe its just that she isn't skin and bones at the start of the season.

Lacey was happy to be feeling like she was a real member of a team. I like seeing her like that.

Jeff still going on emphasizing SIXTY DAYS every time he can fit it in.

Riley looks good with her new haircut. She also sprang for industrial strength eyelashes for this season.

The bugs are insane and I could never handle that. Is one of the items offered a mosquito net? That should be given, like a pot, as a necessity when dumping people into the middle of a swamp. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cobb Salad said:

Oh, and Gary did not disappoint with his gross eyeball eating.  I do find him entertaining though.  

So far he has been funny and not too insane. The wood memory mattress joke was great!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Jeff still going on emphasizing SIXTY DAYS every time he can fit it in.

I've decided to keep record of how many times he says "I've already done 60 days."  So far, I count 3.  Should probably count how many times he says "THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR!!!!!!!"  I'd run out of fingers and toes...

Good start; seems like they're all doing reasonably well.  I noticed that each group has at least one person who hasn't tapped.  But most of them have tapped at least once (3 out of 4 for Lacey and 2 out of 3 for Amber).

As much as I would LOVE to see Jeff tap (because I don't want him to have more days than Laura and I just don't like him), I don't see it happening.  I think it's going to take a lot for any of them to tap, despite how miserable it is.  Of course, Lacey could be Lacey and that would blow my theory out of the water.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, madmax said:

I've decided to keep record of how many times he says "I've already done 60 days." 

Not so fast Mr. Insurance Fraud, one of those nights was spent with the medics in their tent.  The only place he did 60 days was in one of his fever dreams.

• Love 4

Is Jeff the one who wouldn’t share food with the other XLers except one who was also doing 60 days?

4 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Suzanne sure was a pain in the butt with all her micromanaging. She looks different in the jawline area. Maybe its just that she isn't skin and bones at the start of the season.

I kept looking at her and thinking “That’s Suzanne.” I was wondering if she had had work done.

• Love 4
On 4/20/2021 at 1:51 PM, madmax said:

I got my XLs mixed up.  Lacey and Amber were in two separate XLs.  But I do remember both of them being quite bitchy and mean.

And as to the constant reminders by you know who?  We'll get them for sure, because he already did 60 days...

Amber and Lacey both appeared in XL season 3 where they tried to survive 40 days in Ecuador's Amazon Basin.  Lacey didn't always agree with the priorities of Amber and Giovanna.  While rushing back to their camp to prevent the fire from going out, Lacey fell and injured her leg.  The producers decided to medically evacuate her.  Amber went on to complete the forty day challenge.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Is Jeff the one who wouldn’t share food with the other XLers except one who was also doing 60 days?

Yes.  Almost made me not like Laura, his partner on that one, and she was a favorite before.  

What was the worst was when they were in the same cave system as others (kind of above them) and were cooking up their big catch and moaning over how good it was without even offering the starving folks a bite.

1 minute ago, Necromancer said:

Amber and Lacey both appeared in XL season 3 where they tried to survive 40 days in Ecuador's Amazon Basin.  Lacey didn't always agree with the priorities of Amber and Giovanna.  While rushing back to their camp to prevent the fire from going out, Lacey fell and injured her leg.  The producers decided to medically evacuate her.  Amber went on to complete the forty day challenge.

I realized that I was originally right and they were in one together when they were showing the preview for this one.  For some reason, I thought Amber was in the one where Lacey had the really short hair.

Amber has only completed an XL.  She tapped on both of her 21 day challenges.  I don't understand how they put her in her first XL when she never completed 21.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I kept looking at her and thinking “That’s Suzanne.” I was wondering if she had had work done.

Yeah. Me too. She looked like she had a little something done, somewhere, I  just can’t pinpoint it. She looked good with a more filled out, and not emaciated, face.

• Love 1

I spent the first few minutes wondering what the hell was going on with Amber’s eyebrows. They are way too dark and harsh for the hair color she has. Looks like caterpillars. 

I’m Shocked they paired Lacey with 2 guys, considering she has said many times in the past she doesn’t work well with other women. You’d think they’d want to Capitalize on that for drama. 

Hated Suzanne in her previous seasons, so far I. feel the same.  All she does is Nag, Nag and Nag.  She just gives off “i hate every guy” vibes. Constantly cutting EJ off to discredit his opinions & inserting her own. I’m not a big EJ fan, but so far he’s actually being respectful and implementing her suggestions , Meanwhile she has something negative to say about all of his. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I’m not a big EJ fan, but so far he’s actually being respectful and implementing her suggestions.... 

EJ can sure `bring the drama'.  He has no idea how he actually relates to others.

And what is with EJ yelling?  Is he trying to be like Mr. Insurance Fraud.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Liberty said:

EJ can sure `bring the drama'.  He has no idea how he actually relates to others.

And what is with EJ yelling?  Is he trying to be like Mr. Insurance Fraud.

I don't remember him yelling like that on his individual challenges, but he was paired up with Jeff on an XL and probably learned it from him.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2021 at 11:47 PM, Hellohappylife said:

I spent the first few minutes wondering what the hell was going on with Amber’s eyebrows. They are way too dark and harsh for the hair color she has. Looks like caterpillars. 

I’m Shocked they paired Lacey with 2 guys, considering she has said many times in the past she doesn’t work well with other women. You’d think they’d want to Capitalize on that for drama. 

Hated Suzanne in her previous seasons, so far I. feel the same.  All she does is Nag, Nag and Nag.  She just gives off “i hate every guy” vibes. Constantly cutting EJ off to discredit his opinions & inserting her own. I’m not a big EJ fan, but so far he’s actually being respectful and implementing her suggestions , Meanwhile she has something negative to say about all of his. 

Amber's eyebrows look like some heavy duty microblading with shading. I agree they are way way too dark for her hair. 

I thought the guys with Suzanne were the issues on her other challenges.  Now... not so much. She would've annoyed the hell out of me with her continuous direction. Who takes 3 days to build a shelter?! 

22 hours ago, madmax said:

I don't remember him yelling like that on his individual challenges, but he was paired up with Jeff on an XL and probably learned it from him.

The yelling is just so stupid.  We know you're an alpha male and now all the game in the area does too, so... good luck with hunting!   

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

The yelling is just so stupid.  We know you're an alpha male and now all the game in the area does too, so... good luck with hunting!   

I thought it was quite nice of the production crew to drug that nice fat snake and tell Jeff where it was.

LOL.

• LOL 8

60 days in an enclosed Louisiana swamp land...???  Once the shelters are built, the gators scrutinized, and the cast-of-thousands snakes given their 8x10 close-ups, I'm not sure how varied this show can go for 60 days.  (Adventure wise.....This is NO Africa!)  I guess the change in temps will be the next main "drama."  (By the way, what happened to all those mosquitoes on each group's 3rd night??  2 nights of pure hell...and then the bugs were given their 'pink slips??!?')  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I’ve decided to try and take a more charitable approach to Jeff so I don’t want to throttle him every time he is on the screen. ‘This is what he lives for’ because his everyday life is completely pathetic, and no one tolerates his alpha BS in real life. This is all he has, and he’s not particularly liked here.

It looks like this will be another season of finding myself in the role of Suzanne apologist, but she and EJ were likely put on a team together for drama. EJ is a wannabe alpha, who is torn between loving be the big man with his elfen-bookends, and pissed that he’s stuck with ‘girls’ and has to pretend to listen and care. Is Suzanne being a pill? Sure. But is it wrong to not waste a lot of energy putting up a shelter that you need to abandon and rebuild in two days due to poor planning like the Jeff/Steve/Lacey team? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

I thought the guys with Suzanne were the issues on her other challenges.  Now... not so much. She would've annoyed the hell out of me with her continuous direction. Who takes 3 days to build a shelter?!

I think that, in Su-Zaaaan's previous challenges, the issue was a combination of her proactive defensiveness and her partners' attitudes. In her first challenge, IIRC, she came in saying something like, "If my partner is a typical man who comes in expecting to take the lead..." and she seemed to be defensive from the get-go with him. Yep, he stupidly refused to drink water, but she spoke to him in her condescending fashion, which never goes well with any adult. Rather than talk to her about that, he just continued to stupidly not drink water, then wound up needing to tap. Fast forward to the last XL. Su-zaaan certainly drew the short straw with Seth, who was the dictionary definition of useless, not to mention a rageaholic and a misogynist. Plus, she came into that season with "In my last challenge, my partner didn't listen to me and tapped out. I hope I get a partner that listens to me." She always wants people following her lead. I know I was vocal in my opinion during the previous season that TPTB put her with Seth precisely because they would clash. But it wasn't just Seth. She even treated Makani horribly, up front, until she realized Makani wouldn't challenge her. After Su-Zaaan self-banished and found Wes and Gwen's tribe, she toned herself down. I think that's because she was the newcomer to a functioning, established tribe with food and a water source. She appeared in NAA a few weeks ago and was paired with Wes. They knew each other from the last XL, she had nothing to prove, and they worked fairly well together for the few days she was there before her medical tap.

In short, my impression of Su-Zaaan has not changed. She feels she needs to make her mark on everything by inserting her opinion on everything, especially if she's paired with a man. This XL challenge is no exception. She said she didn't want to be EJ's sidekick. Everything EJ suggested, she wanted to detail to death. He stated the type of shelter they should build for the environment they're in, and she wanted a meeting about it. As they built, she kept "correcting" EJ on everything. She has no concept of "team," unless she is running the team. Frankly, that it took until Day 3 to get a shelter is squarely on her. Personally, I run hot and cold with EJ. He sometimes bugs the snot out of me, but I do have to admire his patience with Su-Zaaan. He is definitely picking his battles. If he, Jeff, and Su-Zaaan are all still in it when they merge...oh, there will be fireworks...and lots of stank face. My only hope is that Lacey is there watching, eating metaphorical popcorn, and saying she's happy she's not the resident problem child for once.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 8

SuZAHN’s given name was probably Susan, but she decided she’d appear more mysterious and worldly is she changed it to Suzanne with an umlaut. 🙄 I have a theory about adults who feel the need to change their first names; it includes the terms “insufferable,” “full of themselves,” and “self-loathing.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 1