Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 4/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, RHJunkie said:

Why don't these women call out some of the stupid things Meghan says? Complaining about the dossier being unverifiable...I'm pretty sure the reason he talks about the dossier is not about the credibility of it but the unexpected reaction from Trump when the dossier information was revealed and requesting the personal services of the FBI to look into the matter. THAT was the point.

You articulated the point better than I did.  Thank you.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Stormy has no responsibility to Trump's family,  that's all on Trump. MM trying to guilt her was disgusting.  MM doesn't hold the man in the white house feet to the fire but does with anyone who dates to go against him....spare me the fake ass outrage over concern for the family or the "Make America Horny Again" title. 

Meghan is just a vile nasty person.  And typical of her to blame the woman and give the man a free pass.  Let's remember the story she told about a woman daring to speak to her husband at some event and Meghan just had to walk up to her husband and lick his neck or ear or something to mark her territory.

• Love 20

Who's ready for Meghan McCain to ruin the James Comey interview today? If she doesn't ruin it, I'll eat my words and apologize.

And R.I.P Barbara Bush. She was a classy woman.

Is Meghan wearing the same outfit she wore on Stephen Colbert's show? 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 8

I tuned in today to see Mr. Comey, but have to comment on Meghan's glee in the 1st segment that Donald Trump must watch "The View" because he tweeted right after the show about the sketch of the guy who threatened Stormy Daniels.  She was so excited and clapping her hands that Trump is tuning in "The View", now they are right up there with "Fox & Friends"(Rolling my eyes)

• Love 18
Just now, LIMOM said:

Why does Comey uptalk?

Fuck Meagan.

She is so hateful and antagonistic. She wants to fight with Comey and take him down.  The sad thing is that she has no capacity to take him on intellectually.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan, you are an absolute idiot. J. Edgar Hoover.. Wow!  She is an ignorant, self-important, hack.. She is out of her depth. 

I know she wasn't alive when Hoover was the director of the FBI but how can she not know about him?  There was a movie about him.  And with her "being in politics her whole life" she never heard about him?

• Love 24

RBM's attempts to bait Comey so far have failed and it's frustrating the shit out of her. She tries repeating her insipid questions and that still doesn't end up getting her the results she's clamoring for.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Anyone else think Meghan brought up J. Edgar Hoover because that was the only FBI director she had heard of?

At this point, I'm starting to believe ABC is secretly trolling us all by keeping her on. They keep allowing her to embarrass herself.

• Love 20
Just now, merriebreeze said:

So far Meghan's the one getting filleted. Comey's uptalk annoys me, too. Maybe it's nerves. And that stupid ominous music needs to go. 

That music must be from the "ABC News" department. It doesn't fit on a show like this.

• Love 6

Megan got her feelings hurt by what Comey said about her party. Everything as always about her. She insinuated terrible things about Comey, but she handle any crticism of her "tribe." What a huge partisan hack!

Spoiler

• Love 19
Just now, Jaded said:

RBM just whined about "all these hypothetical questions" under her breath.

Right. Just shut-up. Most people with half a brain know that these are hypothetical questions, hence the use of "what if," prior to asking the question.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

So far Meghan's the one getting filleted. Comey's uptalk annoys me, too. Maybe it's nerves. And that stupid ominous music needs to go. 

It reminds me of the Dr. Phil music. Ya know, to let us all know they are talking about something SERIOUS here, people!

Although I can't imagine them using the "we should go crazy too" music either. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Why does Comey uptalk?

What does this mean?

12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Anyone else think Meghan brought up J. Edgar Hoover because that was the only FBI director she had heard of?

One of two -- she's also heard of Mueller, but she can't bring up his name, without her fanbase losing its collective shit. 

9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

At this point, I'm starting to believe ABC is secretly trolling us all by keeping her on. They keep allowing her to embarrass herself.

I wish it were that. They're keeping her on, in order to get the grief ratings, once her father passes. And that's truly disgusting. 

4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

RBM just whined about "all these hypothetical questions" under her breath.

What does RBM mean? 

• Love 7

Comey  is a private citizen now.  He has every right to discuss his politics and values.  Meghan was doing her level best (which ain't much) to knock him down and once again failing epically.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, General Days said:

What does this mean?

One of two -- she's also heard of Mueller, but she can't bring up his name, without her fanbase losing its collective shit. 

I wish it were that. They're keeping her on, in order to get the grief ratings, once her father passes. And that's truly disgusting. 

What does RBM mean? 

Uptalk: 

a manner of speaking in which declarative sentences are uttered with rising intonation at the end, as if they were questions.

• Love 4
Just now, Aileen said:

I'm SO republican, I have to wear a head to toe red suit! -MM, presumably to the wardrobe staff at The View

I was just about to post about this.  Lol.  Even her lipstick was eye-scorching Republican red.  My eyes hurt.  Not as much as Meggie's pride, hopefully, though, after today's smackdown.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Comey  is a private citizen now.  He has every right to discuss his politics and values.

Thank you and he has a right to write a book and be remunerated.

she is So basic.

1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

I was just about to post about this.  Lol.  Even her lipstick was eye-scorching Republican red.  My eyes hurt.  Not as much as Meggie's pride, hopefully, though, after today's smackdown.

She was so flustered even her ears were red, after a while.

• Love 19

I liked that at the end of the show, Mr. Comey hoped his wife would be happy with how he presented himself on "The View".  And the only actor in Hollywood that would be Tall enough to portray him would be Vince Vaughn :)

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

What does this mean?

I think Comey's uptalk was to counter Meghan's vocal fry. Added together it's normal speech.

Anyway, Meggie's filleting came to nothing but an embarrassing remark about JEHoover.  I thought he came off as very sincere, even if i still disagree with a lot of his actions and the reasons for doing those things. It seems like a lot I've been hearing about the book has been out of context. Id like to read it to see for myself. 

Just as she did yesterday Meghan was trying to shame the guest about taking advantage of being a hot topic.  So I suppose she donated all the profits from her own book to charity?

Speaking of books, did you see Joy gave Comey a copy of her book?

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Uptalk: 

a manner of speaking in which declarative sentences are uttered with rising intonation at the end, as if they were questions.

Thank you and huh. I didn't notice.

Maybe it is some technique prosecutors learn, to try to frame their points and elicit some agreement from the jury. 

So, if we were having a spoken conversation, and I said, "We all know Meghan McCain is in over her head, right?" you might object to my presumption.

If I say, "Meghan McCain is in over her head," and my intonation is like it would be as a question instead of a declarative statement, I'm giving you the mental opportunity to agree with me, without being obvious about it. 

Does that make sense? 

5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Rich Bitch McCain

Ah. Thank you!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

I think Comey's uptalk was to counter Meghan's vocal fry. Added together it's normal speech.

Anyway, Meggie's filleting came to nothing but an embarrassing remark about JEHoover.  I thought he came off as very sincere, even if i still disagree with a lot of his actions and the reasons for doing those things. It seems like a lot I've been hearing about the book has been out of context. Id like to read it to see for myself. 

Just as she did yesterday Meghan was trying to shame the guest about taking advantage of being a hot topic.  So I suppose she donated all the profits from her own book to charity?

Speaking of books, did you see Joy gave Comey a copy of her book?

It looked like Joy was having Mr. Comey sign her book.   I have found Mr. Comey to be thoughtful & decent in his interviews,  I would trust him more than I would "that guy"(as Whoopie calls him)

• Love 20
1 minute ago, General Days said:

Thank you and huh. I didn't notice.

Maybe it is some technique prosecutors learn, to try to frame their points and elicit some agreement from the jury. 

So, if we were having a spoken conversation, and I said, "We all know Meghan McCain is in over her head, right?" you might object to my presumption.

If I say, "Meghan McCain is in over her head," and my intonation is like it would be as a question instead of a declarative statement, I'm giving you the mental opportunity to agree with me, without being obvious about it. 

Does that make sense? 

Ah. Thank you!

Absolutely. He was mirroring her speech. This dude is smart, smart, smart.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

And referencing J Edgar Hoover?     HAHAHAHAHA!  Hoover was anti-gay (though some say he was also secretly gay) targeted Black activists, and dug for information about presidents that he could use to blackmail them, was opposed to the civil rights movement, kept an "enemies list" of people to investigate, BUT - pretty much left the Mafia alone.    he was right-wing, so Meghan worships him. 

I'm not sure Meghan knew anything about Hoover. That was just the only name she knew.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Just as she did yesterday Meghan was trying to shame the guest about taking advantage of being a hot topic.

Does she really believe she was paid to write a book for any reason other than her last name?

6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It seems like a lot I've been hearing about the book has been out of context. Id like to read it to see for myself. 

I have it reserved at the library.  I will be picking it up this weekend. I also have Madeline Albright's book waiting for me.  If nothing else the View is giving me a reading list.

• Love 14