Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Eleventh Hour

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

If Molly were matched to Ryan, I don't think she'd get through the wedding...

...And if she did, I *definitely* don't think he'd get through the honeymoon! We all know what Ryan's idea of "spending 'quality time' with his wife" is. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

See the thing with the farting joke (& I have a juvenile sense of humor so could've appreciated it more) is that given they were strangers at that point, he took a chance on what kind of sense of humor (if any) she may have had, & it didn't work for her.

It's a 'marriage' but not typical, because this is also two people who have no freakin' clue about each other. Their 'marriage' is billed as an 'experiment' & portrayed on TV, but that's what they chose to do & it's a huge chance to take. If she is picky this is not the 'experiment' for her. She really needed to choose her own, more serious gent for herself, as Jon was not up her alley, & um, wasn't ever going to be...  (so to speak).

Frankly, if she can't take a fart joke she'd better be single or date women.  

10 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

The cheese may stand alone but I'm not getting that Jon is self absorbed or ridiculously juvenile.  I think he's got a goofy sense of humor at times - - heck, he's only 29.  But I don't seem him as some 24/7 frat boy whose immaturity drove Molly away.  I think he tried to make her comfortable and lighten the mood in the beginning by way of humor.  Molly portrayed herself as someone who was goofy and funny and "life of the party."  Makes sense to me that he would try that route if she seemed nervous or uncomfortable.  Of course, now we know that Molly isn't who or what she portrayed from the start.  She probably needs someone quiet and more introspective like Jephte - - although she really doesn't need anyone at all right now other than a legitimate therapist. 

You are not alone.  I think he seems like a fun guy.  She is definitely not the adventurous, life-of-the-party type she claimed, unless she hangs around in a morgue all day.

4 hours ago, Matty said:

One of the most telling comments Ryan made was "If we split up I wouldn't be that upset." I'm paraphrasing, but when I heard him say that to the other guys I thought that summed it all up in one sentence. He doesn't care about Jaclyn in the slightest. She wants to make it work and is trying too hard. She needs to break ties. He's not into her and doesn't really care at all. Jaclyn looks so sad. Find someone who loves you, Jaclyn.

Also - Jephte even asked wouldn't he feel bad because he would be dumping her - "No" sez Ryan the dick.

• Love 9

If you go to Ryan's Twitter he celebrated his 30th a few days ago and he's on top of the world!

Hope Ryan's parents were proud of their birthday boy for the way he so callously talked about Jackie, their beloved DIL in the last episode...

Probably just confirmed what they know about their turd of a son...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

If you go to Ryan's Twitter he celebrated his 30th a few days ago and he's on top of the world!

He had to retweet Kinetic for anyone to even know. No congrats from any MAFS'ers - good as he deserves the snub.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

I may be in the minority here, but this season above any other I feel all the participants really wanted to find a mate.  Heck, Jon even gave up his job to be considered a viable candidate, though it could have been a crappy dead-end job anyway for all we know.  And except for Shawneice & Jepthe, whom I just don't think are well suited to each other, I think the experts did a good job from the information and impressions they got from the participants in pairing Jon & Molly and Jackie & Ryan.  On paper, and from what Jon and especially Molly repeatedly said, they really had a lot in common and could see why the experts paired them up.  Jackie & Ryan seemed to hit it off right away, and what I saw from them and still see, that I didn't and don't see from the other two, is a lot of PDA.  They are always holding hands and touching each other.  I don't think any of these people are bad or came in for the wrong reasons.  But in Molly's case, I think it was sexual.  Whether she wasn't attracted to him from the get-go or she's extremely inhibited or cold...she seemed no closer to wanting to have sex with Jon on day 58 of marriage than she was on their wedding night.  Ryan loves his life and thought it would be complete with a wife, but he didn't plan on having to change anything about his own life to make room for her.  Is that selfish....no, that's a guy.  Even though he's said and done a lot of things wrong, there was one incident early on that I wonder was more important than the show is revealing, and that is when he found out Jackie had a serious relationship with someone who suddenly died.  I just remember he seemed stunned by it.  Maybe there is a lot more to that like some posters have said and the show just doesn't want to address it.  He may see Jackie is just not over this guy.       

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, JapMo said:

but he didn't plan on having to change anything about his own life to make room for her.  Is that selfish....no, that's a guy.  Even though he's said and done a lot of things wrong, there was one incident early on that I wonder was more important than the show is revealing, and that is when he found out Jackie had a serious relationship with someone who suddenly died.  I just remember he seemed stunned by it.  Maybe there is a lot more to that like some posters have said and the show just doesn't want to address it.  He may see Jackie is just not over this guy.   

"Guy" or not that is the definition of selfish. Him being a 'guy' doesn't excuse selfishness in marriage; it hurts the other person, but he doesn't care because as he said himself - it's all about him, all the time.

Had Ryan put his all into it & worked on the relationship & Jaclyn was still sobbing over the late bf, then I'd give that to him. But that's not what happened. He manipulated with words (as much as he knows how to use them), neglected her & their relationship, then trashed her on TV to his friend & the other grooms.

Stay fucking single Ryan with the world revolving around you, & spare someone else a world of hurts.

• Love 19
On 4/18/2018 at 11:50 PM, Gem 10 said:

Yes I do.  She liked him at the ceremony, then turned off when he made the joke I presume.  My husband has said plenty of things I didn't like, but I didn't carry a grudge.  I just think she's a spoiled, entitled, brat who's a pain in the ass.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:10 AM, Gem 10 said:

We the viewers have the right to know exactly why Molly got so turned off by Jon.  Can it be so terrible that it can't be revealed?  All the others are saying what is bothering them.

On 4/19/2018 at 2:03 AM, Gobears said:

I don't like how in recent seasons the reunion episodes have been filmed one month after decision day rather than 6 months. I doubt we will learn that much about what went wrong. Did people ever get a satisfactory answer as to why Cody and Danielle broke up last season? (I stopped watching last season after 2 episodes). Their situation seemed similar to Molly and Jon's in that the man wanted to consummate the marriage and the woman did not. 

Molly is very social media savvy and does not want to own the phrase "I'm just not into him" because she does not want to look bad or take ownership of the failure of the relationship. Her method is to gaslight and say that Jon was immature and pressured her for sex so the blame is on him and she can look like she tried. She might have come on for a mate, but once she realized she was not into Jon, it was definitely for the paycheck and exposure to continue with the show. I imagine Molly has been told all her life that she is very pretty and should get into modeling. She probably thought she could at least ge a gig being a "social media influencer" out of this.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:48 AM, humbleopinion said:

Molly may have "Seinfelded" Jon but instead of walking away early like Heather, tortured Jon and the audience for the full shooting schedule...

If Seinfelding is something Molly does to potential partners then like Seinfeld, Elaine, George, Kramer she will never learn....even watching herself on show will not change her...

https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/seinfeld-vs-settling-can-ever-picky

Ryan feels more like someone who" Seinfields" a lot. He knows he has a good woman in Jackie but does not want to share his life with anyone. Instead of admitting he made a mistake and is not ready to be married he puts the blame on her.

• Love 5

So agree...Ryan and Molly...very much alike in some ways.

The most self serving & embarrassing thing Ryan did was take Jackie to watch him play soccer and do a few tricks. This was all about him being worshiped as an athlete. Perhaps he should have taken her somewhere he knew SHE liked and wanted to do to show how much he was invested. That is what a true "man" would do. But oh yes...the camera's. Image. Poor insecure guy. Coughcough.

Father time will get even with Ryan because in 5-10 years he will be bald and his inflated ego will take the ultimate blow perhaps allowing him to reflect on his selfish decisions in life and lack of compromise. Jackie is no prize either. While I feel for her for having gone through such an overwhelming tragedy, she has behaved like a spoiled princess who is used to getting her way and who pouts when nothing is perfect. Life is not perfect, relationships are not perfect. They require, work, time, understanding, compassion, selflessness, reflection and compromise.

Edited by vafunghoul
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JapMo said:

I may be in the minority here, but this season above any other I feel all the participants really wanted to find a mate.  Heck, Jon even gave up his job to be considered a viable candidate, though it could have been a crappy dead-end job anyway for all we know.  And except for Shawneice & Jepthe, whom I just don't think are well suited to each other, I think the experts did a good job from the information and impressions they got from the participants in pairing Jon & Molly and Jackie & Ryan.  On paper, and from what Jon and especially Molly repeatedly said, they really had a lot in common and could see why the experts paired them up.  Jackie & Ryan seemed to hit it off right away, and what I saw from them and still see, that I didn't and don't see from the other two, is a lot of PDA.  They are always holding hands and touching each other.  I don't think any of these people are bad or came in for the wrong reasons.  But in Molly's case, I think it was sexual.  Whether she wasn't attracted to him from the get-go or she's extremely inhibited or cold...she seemed no closer to wanting to have sex with Jon on day 58 of marriage than she was on their wedding night.  Ryan loves his life and thought it would be complete with a wife, but he didn't plan on having to change anything about his own life to make room for her.  Is that selfish....no, that's a guy.  Even though he's said and done a lot of things wrong, there was one incident early on that I wonder was more important than the show is revealing, and that is when he found out Jackie had a serious relationship with someone who suddenly died.  I just remember he seemed stunned by it.  Maybe there is a lot more to that like some posters have said and the show just doesn't want to address it.  He may see Jackie is just not over this guy.       

I dont really see any of these particpants wanting to get onto this show to find a life partner except for maybe Jackie and maybe a little bit Shawniece. The only reason I questioned Shawniece was her mentioning that she is trying to save up $10K to have her own salon, which would make being a participant on this "gameshow" (which is more of what it is) an attractive prospect. The season that seemed to have the most genuine participants were the ladies of Season 2 - I think their names were Jessica, Jaclyn, and Davina. Davina was not likeable but she definitely seemed alllllll in for the experiment, as did the other 2 girls. Its a shame that none of them were matched with men who were serious in any way. 

• Love 2

Jessica wanted some TV fame because she did have some acting roles prior to being cast for M@FS...too bad her match was a clown painting loving and grandpa/ma worshiping thief who stole a hundy of the wedding cash and threatened her to the point she got a restraining order to keep him away...

Jacklyn...shilling for Tito's Vodka...but I wasn't mad about it...good booze you can buy at Costco and Trader Joes...

Davina...she was done with Sean by the sleigh ride on the honeymoon...why is still unclear...but she is married and happy now...

That was a good season...

• Love 3
On 4/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, psychoticstate said:

If Jon and Jephte had shown up for the dinner with stories about how amazing their marriages were and they were all in come decision day, would Ryan have done a 180?  Probably.  He seems to want to follow the crowd, but top everyone else's story.

BINGO!

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, vafunghoul said:

Jackie is no prize either. While I feel for her for having gone through such an overwhelming tragedy, she has behaved like a spoiled princess who is used to getting her way and who pouts when nothing is perfect. Life is not perfect, relationships are not perfect. They require, work, time, understanding, compassion, selflessness, reflection and compromise.

Seriously? She has been beyond patient. I'd be very upset if my husband decided to go drinking with his buddies while I was home sick. It's not compromise if Jaclyn's the only one doing all the compromising. 

• Love 14

Ryan only got married so he would have someone to come home to after a night of popping a few cold ones with the boys. He wanted someone to cuddle with (or more) because I am sure as he was getting older the girls were getting a little tired of his "wanna come back to the firehouse" line at the bar. He is a major douchebag slimeball. 

I really like Jephte as he really thinks about his words before he says them. I think he is stand-offish with Shawniece because he is a teacher and I think he is careful about what his students might see. Who knows what he is saying and doing when the cameras are not around. 

Molly is a dick-tease and a flat out mean girl. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JapMo said:

Yes, the couples looked great on paper,  but after living together, everything changed.  Is like the old saying,  "you don't know a person until you live with them".   That is so true. After dating 2 years before marriage, I realized I was giving in about 75 % and husband maybe 25%.  I didn't know he loved watching and reading about sports more than anything.   He'll do things with me that I like, but I could see that he rather not.  I loved when you said "that's a guy".  I find that to be true.  

• Love 4
21 hours ago, princelina said:

Frankly, if she can't take a fart joke she'd better be single or date women.  

Some of us women can take a fart joke.

Fuck her if she can't take a joke. Oh wait... guess not.

She's better off single.

• Love 3

The problem I have with Ryan is, he came on a show and claimed he wanted to be married, but in reality he really doesn't.  He doesn't seem to understand that he has to think about another person, not just what he wants.  If your partner is sick, you stay with them, you make them tea or soup, you cuddle on the sofa or the bed and watch TV.  It's not hard.  But Ryan doesn't want to do that, he wants to do what HE wants.  He wants to hang out with his boys.  He should never have gone on a show like this; if he doesn't want to be married fine; but don't go on a show about marriage if that's not what you want.

• Love 16

Agreed.

Ryan's friend got contacted to apply so Ryan decided to apply with him on a whim...

He got further and further in the vetting process and when selected for Jackie, he was excited because he was a winner...

Ryan never had a burning desire (see what I did there) to be a husband but he was 1 of 3 dudes selected as grooms  so why not just do the show?

Ryan is absolutely right about being exactly who he is...he is someone who will not change his ways because he already has a perfect life...single dude with his drive by sex partners...no emotional attachment...no one to nag or call if he goes out every night for beers with the boys...

• Love 10
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jessica wanted some TV fame because she did have some acting roles prior to being cast for M@FS...too bad her match was a clown painting loving and grandpa/ma worshiping thief who stole a hundy of the wedding cash and threatened her to the point she got a restraining order to keep him away...

Jacklyn...shilling for Tito's Vodka...but I wasn't mad about it...good booze you can buy at Costco and Trader Joes...

Davina...she was done with Sean by the sleigh ride on the honeymoon...why is still unclear...but she is married and happy now...

That was a good season...

Davina was not a walk in the park, but what happened was that Sean was pulling a Molly.  He was saying all the right things on camera but actually had zero interest in being married when the show was not filming. He had applied to be on a lot of reality shows like Survivor and just wanted the reality show fame.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Basic cable fame is fleeting....so cruel.

it is fleeting and the "fame" usually consists of just looking like an ass in front of millions of people. I really do not understand the appeal beyond easy money.

• Love 3

A girl sees me on the train and says “I’ve been working up the courage to come say hi since (a station we left 40mins ago)” ...that’s what every guy who’s ever approached you goes through. Remember that for when you shoot him down in two seconds- have a little empathy

Ugh, Jon. C'mon dude. Again, not a fan of Molly either, but he just seems like such a fossil. Hitting on babes is hard wahhhh! Or you could just talk to a person like a human being and not have to plan your "approach" like you're stalking prey. And accept the fact that maybe 2 seconds is all a woman needs to determine whether or not she enjoys you hitting on her. Also there is a power and safety differential between men and women. STFU Jon.

He makes me think of the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend song "Fit Hot Guys Have Problems Too!"

• Love 6

"Why did you want to get married at first sight?"  (They all answer this at some point on this program.)

Ryan: "Because I suck at relationships, I've had very few and I want someone who they say I'm matched with so that I don't have to do anything, change anything, or try to improve myself beyond my caveman bro-man status."

Jackie: "Because I'm so psychically spent from losing my true love to death that I will leave my mate selection to the so-called Experts and trust, even though my match is a total douchebag, that this is right. It has to be right!!!!"

Shawneice: "Because the Experts are going to find me someone who thinks like me, wants to do everything I do, will be an inseparable teammate, and will watch me cry. Every. Single. Day."

Jephte: "Because I have never had a girlfriend, I don't know how to talk to girls, I'm really shy and introverted; so hey!  I should just get married rather than learn how to relate to other humans!"

Jon: "Because I'm buff, I'm an ex-military dude, I sweat and joke a lot, and I want a skinny blonde hot wife. I'll even quit my job and dump my pet for her! How irresistible is that?"

Molly: "Because I lost my Daddy so I need a replacement. Requirements are: find Molly perfect; no touching; and join me on 'adventures' such as riding roller coasters and making apple pie!  Yay!!!"

• Love 17
7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

"Why did you want to get married at first sight?"  (They all answer this at some point on this program.)

Ryan: "Because I suck at relationships, I've had very few and I want someone who they say I'm matched with so that I don't have to do anything, change anything, or try to improve myself beyond my caveman bro-man status."

Jackie: "Because I'm so psychically spent from losing my true love to death that I will leave my mate selection to the so-called Experts and trust, even though my match is a total douchebag, that this is right. It has to be right!!!!"

Shawneice: "Because the Experts are going to find me someone who thinks like me, wants to do everything I do, will be an inseparable teammate, and will watch me cry. Every. Single. Day."

Jephte: "Because I have never had a girlfriend, I don't know how to talk to girls, I'm really shy and introverted; so hey!  I should just get married rather than learn how to relate to other humans!"

Jon: "Because I'm buff, I'm an ex-military dude, I sweat and joke a lot, and I want a skinny blonde hot wife. I'll even quit my job and dump my pet for her! How irresistible is that?"

Molly: "Because I lost my Daddy so I need a replacement. Requirements are: find Molly perfect; no touching; and join me on 'adventures' such as riding roller coasters and making apple pie!  Yay!!!"

Should make this a billboard and use it as a backdrop on the Decision Day show.  Maybe with Ryan's in neon.  With lights around it.  

• Love 3
On 4/18/2018 at 10:01 PM, princelina said:

Yes.  I don't see that Jon did anything so weird that it should be an irredeemable turn-off.  (Maybe I hang out with the wrong people - but it seems to me that guys always find farts funnier than girls do :)  And if he did she should tell us what it was, because it would have been something atypical that she would have to explain, that was a specific deal-breaker for her.

IMO she wanted a perfect guy who would behave in the way she deemed acceptable in every situation, and if he didn't he would immediately understand that and rectify his behavior after apologizing, and behave repentantly until she deigned to forgive him, and etc etc.  In other words - her perfect imaginary guy!  Sadly that guy doesn't exist, or Mr P would be taking lessons from him :)

I think Molly is quick to put herself on a “better than thou” pedestal.  I would not be pleased by a fart joke the first time I was in bed with a man, but you can approach that in a smiling way while still conveying that this kind of earthy humor is not attractive to you or in a judgmental way that places the man on a lower plane than you and deem him disgusting.

Jon was really excited on the honeymoon probably thinking he wa joined with a like minded person. That was his fault. He made assumptions rather than exploring her personality a bit more slowly.  Molly, on the otherhand, seemed to want to establish dominance and control. 

Which makes me think her threesome was probably the most managed and directed threesome outside a porn film. 

• Love 7

Ryan likes the idea of marriage: someone to come home to, someone who is there for you, a best friend to share experiences with. But everyone who is married knows that is SO surface level. In order to have those things, you have to compromise and somewhat alter your life to include someone else. Ryan's immaturity is best seen in his concept of marriage. His cheesiness and annoying persona is so vomit-worthy but putting all of that to the side, he is nothing more than a childish boy with a childish view of what marriage is or is supposed to be. Reality will strike, maybe. He was just lucky enough to be paired with someone who is patient (ish). 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, SnarkAttack30 said:

Ryan likes the idea of marriage: someone to come home to, someone who is there for you, a best friend to share experiences with. But everyone who is married knows that is SO surface level. In order to have those things, you have to compromise and somewhat alter your life to include someone else. Ryan's immaturity is best seen in his concept of marriage. His cheesiness and annoying persona is so vomit-worthy but putting all of that to the side, he is nothing more than a childish boy with a childish view of what marriage is or is supposed to be. Reality will strike, maybe. He was just lucky enough to be paired with someone who is patient (ish). 

He want someone to share his experiences with, not the other way around.

• Love 8

I think Ryan likes the idea of telling people he is married, but has no real clue as to how to have a spouse.  I think the podcast had it right earlier in the season when they speculated that Ryan doesn't actually want to be in a committed relationship with a woman (not because he's gay, but just because he has no interest in that type of relationship), but that he likes the appearance of being married and how "his boys" respond to that.  

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I think Ryan likes the idea of telling people he is married, but has no real clue as to how to have a spouse.  I think the podcast had it right earlier in the season when they speculated that Ryan doesn't actually want to be in a committed relationship with a woman (not because he's gay, but just because he has no interest in that type of relationship), but that he likes the appearance of being married and how "his boys" respond to that.  

Also, a good chance his boys are probably starting to marry off and have their own families and "weird uncle Ryan" might be more palatable if he was coupled up. Ryan has not admitted to himself that he is marriage material, instead he just likes to blame Jackie for all their issues.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Two hours of torture tomorrow night.  I can't wait.  If I hear the words "ON THE SAME PAGE" one more time, I will SCREAM !!!!!!!!!!!.

I stopped watching the show a few episodes ago. I get all of the pertinent information from you all in the forum and from listening to the Bride and Doom podcast. And you guys are way more entertaining than the couples themselves. 

3 hours ago, SnarkAttack30 said:

I agree. I think most of the contestants have an idealized idea of marriage. And yes, these are strange circumstances, but most of them don’t seem to realize that even a traditional marriage requires lots of hard work. Which is why Jepthe’s views on marriage concerns me—they come from scripted TV shows where marital conflicts get solved in 22 minutes or less, not from real couples who work through their problems over time. And Molly—I’m sure her parents didn’t have as perfect a marriage as she remembers. And because her father died, no one wants to tarnish her memories ofhim with negative stories. 

IMO the only people who got on this show with the intention of really working hard at marriage are Jon and Shawniece. I know Shawniece has her own fairy-tale ideas and isn’t as ‘in love’ with Jepthe as she thinks she is, but this entire season, she’s been telling her husband, ‘We both signed up for this crazy marriage. Let’s give it our all and try to make it work.’ And Jon seems to feel the same way. Maybe those two should’ve been matched.

But I guess there would be no dramatic tension if both parties in the marriage were excited and committed to the process.

• Love 9

Ryan loves two things .. drinking beers with his buddies and making a 50 lb meat loaf and 25 lbs of potatoes for 3 people.  WTF?"   He we'd a vulnerable girl who lost her loved one, used her up and threw her away just because she was sensible.  He will never change.  He wants kids just to say he has kids, but that's it.  Very selfish guy.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, discoprincess said:

He [Ryan] wants someone to share his experiences with, not the other way around.

That's it. He really couldn't care less what Jaclyn's experiences are, or how she feels about them, or what she wants or needs from her marriage to him.

• Love 2

FYI was showing back to back reruns of this season tonight and somehow my TV had landed on this channel and it played in the background while I was watching other shows on my DVR.  Every time I'd stop watching a show, Ryan's face would be on the screen, complaining about things other people just accept about marriage and making himself look like a complete ass.  Like that episode where he shows himself to be the worst participant ever on this show in front of Pastor Cal.  Jephte was looking at him like he was crazy and Jon was completely tuned out.  By the third time his face appeared I had to change the channel before I threw something at the TV.  I couldn't take one more minute of watching him.  He is toxic and makes me positively stabby!  Run, Jackie, Run!

• Love 6

I've always thought, why get a divorce at the end of the show? Take a chance to see what happens once the cameras are not rolling and the "fame" has worn off and the initial shock of marriage and sexiness of married at first sight wears off. Then make the decision to divorce later on if things just are not going well. 

But then I saw Molly and Ryan on this season. She has been verbally abusive and manipulative and he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now I know why people just call it off: they can't stand another minute being around or even in the presence of disgusting human beings. I never thought it would get that bad, with the experts picking and just my faith in humanity that it would not produce shallow and awful people, but I guess I was wrong. 

• Love 2

Molly's facade and fakery fooled no one but the extent of her horribleness would not have been exposed in past seasons...the fact they allowed Jon to show the phone video of her misbehaving and Dr. Jessica to call her out as a liar would not have happened in past seasons...

Makes you wonder the awfulness Sam bestowed on Neil?

Since the cast can't immediately sign papers to begin divorce proceedings... how about getting restraining order for Jon to keep Molly 50 yards away...

Ryan will leave the studio and never give Jackie another thought...He will chuck anything to remind him of the show in the nearest dumpster...

Jackie will  send her ex-MIL Christmas cards for years to come...

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

By the third time his face appeared I had to change the channel before I threw something at the TV.  I couldn't take one more minute of watching him.  He is toxic and makes me positively stabby!

Ryan has brought out the worst in me this season, as some of my posts reflect (hangs head in shame)... on the other hand it's been a pretty good anger release exercise.

I'm probably going to have to DVR it tonight. I wish they had done two more 1 hr weeks as opposed to a 2 hour finale.

• Love 2

So I've been lurking here for a while and was compelled to come out of the woodwork in response to @gonecrackers post.  I could NOT agree more!  I'm ashamed to admit, I watch way more reality tv than any 40+ year old should, and have found myself being irrationally annoyed and disgusted by plenty cast members on those various shows.  But in all of the hundreds of hours I've spent glued to these train-wreck programs, I've never ever had such a visceral and overwhelming repulsion to anyone else the way I have to Ryan.  He possesses every single personality trait that I find colossally grating and irritating in a human being.  There is nothing at all redeeming, fun-loving or likable about this jackass and I cannot for the life of me understand how Jackie has persevered as long and as patiently as she has and with such a good-nature.  If it were me, by the 3rd night I'd have gnawed off my arm to get away from him.

55 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Ryan has brought out the worst in me this season, as some of my posts reflect (hangs head in shame)... on the other hand it's been a pretty good anger release exercise.

• Love 10
On April 20, 2018 at 4:18 PM, UniqueHandle said:

Ryan only got married so he would have someone to come home to after a night of popping a few cold ones with the boys. He wanted someone to cuddle with (or more) because I am sure as he was getting older the girls were getting a little tired of his "wanna come back to the firehouse" line at the bar. He is a major douchebag slimeball. 

I really like Jephte as he really thinks about his words before he says them. I think he is stand-offish with Shawniece because he is a teacher and I think he is careful about what his students might see. Who knows what he is saying and doing when the cameras are not around. 

Molly is a dick-tease and a flat out mean girl. 

Agree on all counts.  I don't think it was wise for Jepthe to come on this show.  He's a teacher of small kids.  I'm surprised the school board allowed this.  This show was not for kids to see their teacher on.

Molly is not adventuress just because she likes rides, and definitely NOT the life of the party.  She lied when she put that on the application.  That goes for the three some also.  She used Jon to stay on the show to stay and collect the money.  Molly is not "all that" as she thinks she is.  She thinks her looks will get her whatever she wants, along with her lying.  She's wrong with everything she says and then turns it around to make the other person the bad guy.  She has zero personality, and I doubt she will ever get a guy to the point of marriage unless he is dumb and desperate.  I cringe whenever she comes on the screen.  She's the worst I've seen on this show so far as she lies and is delusional.  IMO! Of course.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Molly's facade and fakery fooled no one but the extent of her horribleness would not have been exposed in past seasons...the fact they allowed Jon to show the phone video of her misbehaving and Dr. Jessica to call her out as a liar would not have happened in past seasons...

Wonder what the narrative would have been had Jon not recorded her.  Did Jon threaten to release it on SM if production didn't include it?  How do they explain doctoring the footage so you can't see her?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

So I've been lurking here for a while and was compelled to come out of the woodwork in response to @gonecrackers post.  I could NOT agree more!  I'm ashamed to admit, I watch way more reality tv than any 40+ year old should, and have found myself being irrationally annoyed and disgusted by plenty cast members on those various shows.  But in all of the hundreds of hours I've spent glued to these train-wreck programs, I've never ever had such a visceral and overwhelming repulsion to anyone else the way I have to Ryan.  He possesses every single personality trait that I find colossally grating and irritating in a human being.  There is nothing at all redeeming, fun-loving or likable about this jackass and I cannot for the life of me understand how Jackie has persevered as long and as patiently as she has and with such a good-nature.  If it were me, by the 3rd night I'd have gnawed off my arm to get away from him.

Well, FINALLY two of you let it all out as I have in my post about Molly today.  I am watching these shows also, and get so agitated with people like Ryan & Molly.  Scripted or not, they just get me to the point where I want to smash something.  These two cannot possibly go through life happy with attitudes such as they have.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Agree on all counts.  I don't think it was wise for Jepthe to come on this show.  He's a teacher of small kids.  I'm surprised the school board allowed this.  This show was not for kids to see their teacher on.

Molly is not adventuress just because she likes rides, and definitely NOT the life of the party.  She lied when she put that on the application.  That goes for the three some also.  She used Jon to stay on the show to stay and collect the money.  Molly is not "all that" as she thinks she is.  She thinks her looks will get her whatever she wants, along with her lying.  She's wrong with everything she says and then turns it around to make the other person the bad guy.  She has zero personality, and I doubt she will ever get a guy to the point of marriage unless he is dumb and desperate.  I cringe whenever she comes on the screen.  She's the worst I've seen on this show so far as she lies and is delusional.  IMO! Of course.

Re: Jephte’s students- they shouldn’t be watching this show at all. This is an adult show. Nothing about it is appropriate for the little kids he teaches. And he hasn’t done anything that a parent should deem unacceptable when evaluating his fitness to teach kids.

• Love 4

@Gem 10 that wasn't even CLOSE to "letting it all out" for me!  lol.  IF I'm REALLY taking the gloves off, here's how I feel about Ryan (copied from another board I post on)

"People are slamming him all over SM for being a manipulative, narcissistic sociopath but to me he doesn't seem bright or cunning enough for any of that. He just seems like an exceedingly immature, insecure douchebag who was probably a dork his entire life and is just desperate to be perceived as a cool guy and fit in with other cool guys. He's stuck in arrested development somewhere around 14yo and seems pretty stunted socially and emotionally so he doesn't seem to have the capacity to be empathetic or to pick up on social nuances that would help him more genuinely emulate the "manly man" he's trying so hard to portray. And it's all compounded further by the fact that he's not the brightest bulb."  -StrongbyDefault

• Love 6
2 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Re: Jephte’s students- they shouldn’t be watching this show at all. This is an adult show. Nothing about it is appropriate for the little kids he teaches. And he hasn’t done anything that a parent should deem unacceptable when evaluating his fitness to teach kids.

Well, of course I know what you say.  Why then was Jepthe shushing Shawnice saying "shush, don't say that, I teach little kids" ?  I don't know exactly what grade he teaches, but I do know that elementary kids do see shows that are sometimes inappropriate.  I've been in the school system many years and hear what they watch.

2 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Not sexually, in any case. Any student (or student's parent) who is watching Jephte will have seen his temper, though.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, StrongbyDefault said:

@Gem 10 that wasn't even CLOSE to "letting it all out" for me!  lol.  IF I'm REALLY taking the gloves off, here's how I feel about Ryan (copied from another board I post on)

"People are slamming him all over SM for being a manipulative, narcissistic sociopath but to me he doesn't seem bright or cunning enough for any of that. He just seems like an exceedingly immature, insecure douchebag who was probably a dork his entire life and is just desperate to be perceived as a cool guy and fit in with other cool guys. He's stuck in arrested development somewhere around 14yo and seems pretty stunted socially and emotionally so he doesn't seem to have the capacity to be empathetic or to pick up on social nuances that would help him more genuinely emulate the "manly man" he's trying so hard to portray. And it's all compounded further by the fact that he's not the brightest bulb."  -StrongbyDefault

YES .. EXCELLENT.  I don't know from SM so this was interesting.

• Love 2