Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

To Wings: and yes MM we hate you, you spoiled twat and do not want you to have children either. Just shut up. Please have your tubes tied, tied twice! Better yet, get a hysto, I highly recommend it.  You can use your removed ovaries to decorate those ugly braids of yours.   Whaaaaaaaaaa.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Sorry, Scorpios, Sunny said to Geraldo, "We've worked together a bit at Fox, we had a cocktail together, while   we covered the Baltimore riots, and you're a Puerto Rican Jew,  just like my mom."

I agree with blondie that Sunny plays coy, because she knows that she's could run circles around most people verbally/legally,  like a iron fist in a velvet glove, but she prefers to communicate rather than shut down the conversation,  although I would like to see the strong Sunny more. 

FLOVED Joy putting MM in her place when MM defended Geraldo ---MM says, "We're just trying to EXPLAIN  blah blah blah....", and Joy asks her  if Geraldo is a snowflake.  MM did not have a comeback.  Somebody please tell MM she doesn't/can't EXPLAIN Drumpf or whatever issue,  because we get it,  and  she is the one who doesn't.  Idiot. 

Right and I edited my post.

Three points for each segment:

NO ONE thought to bring up Matalin and Carville during the conversation about whether one's spouse should have influence. They're both from opposite parties, yet are still married. Unless the point they were trying to make was that if you and your spouse are from the same political leanings, then you should be able to tell him or her what to say on social media? Of course, don't trash talk where everyone can read about your spouse's boss, if you don't want them to fail or get passed over. But Sara and Sunny's examples just had me ???????? And OF COURSE Meghan and Ben don't try to influence each other because they believe the same fucking things.

I have NO sympathy for the Crypt Keeper. Or her husband. So I am ???? at any problems that her husband may cause for her.  She's just another Lying Liar Who Lies. And she's the TWAT that came up with the phrase "Alternative Facts."

And I ??????? at how UNCOMFORTABLE Meghan looked during the segment when Sara brought out Baby Sandra, who is Just ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!  I had a huge grin on my face as she looked up at her mommy!

And I ????? during the whole where's the craziest place you had sex? And how Meghan wouldn't say because her Mommy and Daddy watch the show.

Why am I not surprised that Meghan watched Jersey Shore? She's just as trashy as the people on that "show."

Geraldo is delusional AS FUCK. I was clapping and cheering Joy and Sunny going after him and not swallowing the BULLSHIT  he was serving. Loved Joy asking if Meghan thinks Geraldo was a snowflake? No? Then STFU and let him answer the questions. And I'm so FUCKING SICK AND TIRED of every guest who is at the table when Meghan is, ingratiatingly telling her how much they luuuuuurve and respect her dad. Just call his office/home and tell him yourself! This only perpetuates Meghan's self absorption and makes her big head even bigger and more teflon.

Sunny looking down when she was talking, before looking at Geraldo, didn't bother me. I loved her OUTRAGE. I LOVED her insisting that the #MeToo movement wasn't "hysteria." I saw no pouting.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 18

Really - hate with a thousand suns. IIRC MM did not ask Geraldo any questions - just tried to climb on his shoulders to whine  "we're just trying to explain." No, Meghan - he does not need your help and most assuredly was not explaining the base. LOL - he is friends with Trump, Ailes, Lauer, Rose and had his own sleazy past. Geraldo is blinded by friends and their liking him. Glad Joy got to him - and Sunny too with the possiblity of campaign money with Stormy. Geraldo, imo, completely wrong about Stormy  (and the Bunny also paid off). Even if in Stormy's case it was a one night stand and not an affair. And please EP's - can we dispense with the endless John McCain stuff?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Did she?  I thought she asked if Trump is a snowflake. 

No, she asked Meghan if she thought Geraldo was a snowflake because Herself interrupted Joy and told her to leave Geraldo alone. Then went onto screech how she and Geraldo we’re trying to explain 45’s base, which, no, that’s not why he was there.????

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, she asked Meghan if she thought Geraldo was a snowflake because Herself interrupted Joy and told her to leave Geraldo alone. Then went onto screech how she and Geraldo we’re trying to explain 45’s base, which, no, that’s not why he was there.????

I wonder who appointed Meghan the spokesperson for Trump's base.

• Love 8

Aliyson from CNN New Day ad Oprah from 60 Minutes (and others) have interviewed Trump supporters in the Rust Belt quite a few times. Guess who has not - MM. I simply can't understand how she thinks she can talk for his base.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wonder who appointed Meghan the spokesperson for Trump's base.

She appointed herself, because as she’s stated ad naseum, she feels it’s her job to edumacate us ignorant others about why his “base” voted for him.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Aliyson from CNN New Day ad Oprah from 60 Minutes (and others) have interviewed Trump supporters in the Rust Belt quite a few times. Guess who has not - MM. I simply can't understand how she thinks she can talk for his base.

I remember when Meghan talked  about it.  she was  driving somewhere, and she stopped at a gas station and saw some guys wearing MAGA hats. That was when she started talking about trump's "base", and saying she understood them.  She didn't TALK to these guys, she just noticed their hats. 

Watching the show now - I cracked up when Meghan equated herself and her husband with KellyAnne Conway and her husband.  "my husband's in politics, I'm in politics."  No you're not, you stupid twit!  You're a host on a talk show.  That's not a political appointment.  

I wonder if Meghan's repeated insistence that she's not interested in having babies is because she married a guy who doesn't want kids.  I know women who don't have or want kids - they don't talk about it, they don't bring it up, they don't defend their lack of children.  It's not an issue for them unless someone else makes it one. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12

An example of what it's like to be Meghan:  

Sunny says that couples should talk and sometimes influence each other.  Her example was saying to a spouse that something wasn't kind, and could be bullying.  She made sense, couples do often stop each other from an angry or impulsive reaction (not just on social media, but driving, dealing with other people).   Sunny says "that's the hallmark of a healthy relationship."

Meghan's defensive retort, "Are you saying I don't have a healthy relationship because Ben and I don't control each other's twitter accounts?

not at ALL what Sunny said. 

And how many times did she say "Political animal?"  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 17

I think MM misspoke - she is hardly a political animal - let alone a politcal analyst. She retweets other's opinions and saves them for her blue cards, they are never her opinions.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm going to defend RBM in a way for a second. That segment about motherhood was going ok until the end when they were trying to make RBM feel awkward about not having kids. If she doesn't want them that's her choice. The fact that she's a raging bitch most of the time has nothing to do with her not having or wanting to have kids. 

I might have missed it, but I didn't notice anyone trying to make her feel awkward about not having children.  They were simply talking about their shared experiences, and Meghan is the one who decided to get screechy and defensive.  The subject has come up before, and they've always been very good about saying that having children is a personal choice, not every woman has to have a child, etc.  

I think it makes no sense to have these kinds of topics off-limits simply because Meghan is going to somehow become offended and assume that these discussions are an attack on her.  This is a daytime talk show, with an audience that's predominantly women, many of them SAHM's and many others working mothers. Moms whose kids are grown, etc.  I would expect that topics related to children, childbirth, raising families, etc. would be discussed.  Not every host can relate directly to everything they talk about - It's been that way from the beginning.  Sometimes being part of a panel means listening.  (And, on a good day, learning.)   It seemed to me that they were simply having a discussion that a large percentage of their audience could relate to.  That's why they're there.  Not to coddle Meghan's delicate feelings.   She gets irritated very easily because she needs to be an expert on everything, and has no patience for topics that aren't relevant to her.

3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

The way she looks down and purses her lips (I described as pouty) is what I meant. She uses this mannerism frequently, maybe even daily. It's her "coy" look, as others have described. 

Yes, I notice it often and it bothers me too.  She does it deliberately, and I'm pretty sure she thinks it comes across very differently than it actually does.

• Love 13

I never watched Roseanne when it was on originally but I did watch this first  show just out of curiosity.   It wasn't bad but I won't  be watching it again.  I don't care for Roseanne's personality  and certainly not her politics!

• Love 4

Another example of the way Meghan thinks: 

JOy points out, after Geraldo talks about trumps' point of view, that trump has changed his stance on abortion. Joy says, about trump, "who are we supposed to believe?  that one or this one?  I don't know who to believe." 

Meghan jumps in with "its not Geraldo's fault!  we're just trying to EXPLAAAAIN it, there's not reason to berate you (indicating Geraldo)".

It's almost delusional, the way she can take something, twist it,  call it something else, and be offended by it. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Fannysue said:

I never watched Roseanne when it was on originally but I did watch this first  show just out of curiosity.   It wasn't bad but I won't  be watching it again.  I don't care for Roseanne's personality  and certainly not her politics!

She's a bit crazy.          

child sexual abuse, false memories

Roseanne was featured on a show about false memories.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Tosia said:

He was a faux-reporter,  blow-hard. Wasn't taken seriously by anyone and became a joke.

At one point, he was not only a good reporter, but a crusader. In the early 1970s, as a local New York ABC reporter, he gained access to a home for the developmentally disabled and exposed it for the absolute hellhole it was. Google "Geraldo Rivera" and "Willowbrook" for details. It was stomach-turning, the conditions those kids were kept in, and his muckraking reporting got it closed. He was the real thing back then: good-looking, a ground-breaking reporter, and a (non-ironic) social justice warrior.

I do agree with you that he became a joke. And his career trajectory right into sensationalism and reaching for the lowest common denominator makes me sad.

• Love 19

Yes, Geraldo started out as a cool, hip, cute, great hair, likable  and incisive reporter. He was interesting and fun to watch. Then his ego took over. 

I think the debacle of live-on- tv opening of Al Capone's (?) burial vault with nothing in it sealed his fate as a hack. He never really got respect any more...except from Roger Ailes, I guess. Great list of "friends", that Geraldo named wasn't it? 

Plus his "personal" life with bragging about conquests, though married, exceeded his likability, eventually, for me. The info abt Bette Midler seemed a pathetic attempt to revive his own peccadilloes with sexual harassment  back in the day to be somewhat relevant,  again, I guess? 

Joy was glorious with her questions and comments to him. Awesome interviewer!  Geraldo was flummoxed and unable to come back with substantial answers. Off your game there, son?   

Thank you, Sunny, too, for not letting Geraldo get away with the "hysterical" appellation to the accusations snd #MeToo MOVEMENT.  Such an old, stereotypical term to use, Geraldo, that it shows your age and weakness of your position. Hold your head up and speak up, Sunny!!!!  We need your intelligence and expertise on this show to counterbalance the blonde idiota sitting to your left. 

STFU, MM. 

This is the apex of  what "No Whoopi Friday" should be. Without MM of course, unless Joy gets no holds barred carte blanche on topics. 

• Love 15

MM has yet to explain why she voted for Trump.  I would honestly like to know why she thinks he is good for this country.   She cannot speak for his base, many of them want the damn wall!  Does she?   I would like to hear both Ana and Megan address this when on the show together.   I want to hear any intelligent republican tell me if they approve of what he has done so far and where they think we are headed.  

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Wings said:

MM has yet to explain why she voted for Trump.  I would honestly like to know why she thinks he is good for this country.   She cannot speak for his base, many of them want the damn wall!  Does she?   I would like to hear both Ana and Megan address this when on the show together.   I want to hear any intelligent republican tell me if they approve of what he has done so far and where they think we are headed.  

As far as I'm aware, she didn't vote for Trump. She wrote in a candidate.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

As far as I'm aware, she didn't vote for Trump. She wrote in a candidate.

Yes, I remember that now!  Thank you.  And yet she defends him.  Fucked up little chickie that one. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Wings said:

Yes, I remember that now!  Thank you.  And yet she defends him.  Fucked up little chickie that one. 

Meghan tries really hard to not defend Trump himself, but defend the people who voted for him.  That way, if/when he gets impeached, she can back pedal.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan tries really hard to not defend Trump himself, but defend the people who voted for him.  That way, if/when he gets impeached, she can back pedal.

Yes I get that.  I use 'defending Trump' as verbal shorthand for defending conservatives, key players in this administration and his base.

She really only defends herself on perceived attacks. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3

Yes, Geraldo started out as a cool, hip, cute, great hair, likable  and incisive reporter. He was interesting and fun to watch. Then his ego took over. 

Geraldo actually started out as Gerry Rivers, an attorney in NYC who married Kurt Vonnegut’s daughter.  He became Geraldo Rivera when it became “fashionable “ to do so.   

He did some good work at ABC News and ended up working at 20/20. He always had a big ego.

I ended up working with his former secretary (she would now be considered a personal assistant) in the early 70’s. She had some interesting stories about the “power couple “.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Wings said:

It's because Trump is on her "team". I don't know if she realizes the damage he is doing to her party.   Any time there is a special election Meghan will say the voters will tell us how they feel and then when her team loses she says it doesn't matter.  She is either incredibly naive or living in denial.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

She has shown herself to be an opportunist.   While I do believe she has core beliefs I also believe she just wants to win.  If Trump were to for whatever reason not run in 2020 i have no doubt Meghan will support whoever the Republican nominee is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

Geraldo actually started out as Gerry Rivers, an attorney in NYC who married Kurt Vonnegut’s daughter.

He was Jerry with a "J" Rivers here in Arizona where he attended the University of Arizona (and graduated in '65).  He was a happy frat member and a successful lacrosse player.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

She does it deliberately, and I'm pretty sure she thinks it comes across very differently than it actually does.

I think she has "worked it" with her family and assumes it's very effective.   It is becoming a joke.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, backformore said:

I wonder if Meghan's repeated insistence that she's not interested in having babies is because she married a guy who doesn't want kids.  I know women who don't have or want kids - they don't talk about it, they don't bring it up, they don't defend their lack of children.  It's not an issue for them unless someone else makes it one. 

Exactly. Im 54, nvr had kids. My sis is 45, no kids.  Shes like me, no maternal feelings whatsoever.i do have empathy,  and sympathy. I dont hate them, I just dont want them. No big deal  @backformoresummed it up perfectly.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I grew up in that era in the NY metro area and remember when Geraldo was hot stuff professionally.  The empty vault was the beginning of the end of his status as a relevant personality. 

The end had arrived for Geraldo, the empty vault just pushed the door until it latched and turned the lights out.  :^) 

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

A lot of republicans are willing to overlook Trump's assholery because yes he is appointing judges who will further their agenda. 

Yep.  He is the guy getting the job done for them.  Their hands are clean, in their pointed little heads, anyway. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Sometimes being part of a panel means listening.  (And, on a good day, learning.) 

Can we stitch this onto a sampler, frame it, and send it to Meghan? She really needs to say this to herself before every show.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

Exactly. Im 54, nvr had kids. My sis is 45, no kids.  Shes like me, no maternal feelings whatsoever.i do have empathy,  and sympathy. I dont hate them, I just dont want them. No big deal  @backformoresummed it up perfectly.

I have two boys (middle-aged men...geez!) who would LOVE to have been dads, but the MOM was the most important ingredient.  They never found one worth taking the gamble.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I have two boys (middle-aged men...geez!) who would LOVE to have been dads, but the MOM was the most important ingredient.  They never found one worth taking the gamble.

It isn't too old for men to have kids, ever really.  They just have to find a young wife!  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Wings said:

It isn't too old for men to have kids, ever really.  They just have to find a young wife!  

My younger one uses David Letterman as his spirit guide!   They'd be happy with a girl with kids...they think.

1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

My younger one uses David Letterman as his spirit guide!   They'd be happy with a girl with kids...they think.

LOL!  Letterman had a son later in life so maybe.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Wings said:

Look at Tony Randall.  He had his kid at like 76, and Rod Stewart.  The list is endless once you get started

• Love 3

Loved the Geraldo interview. This is the Joy and Sunny I love, and I haven't seen them as on-point in a while now (well, Sunny did have that spat with Meghan over gun control a week or two ago that matched this). Sunny immediately slapping down his "hysteria" characterization of the MeToo movement was fantastic. Something about him using that word in particular irked me just because of its past in regards to women, like he took a dump on every single woman who's come forward with their own stories (of course, I know there hasn't been only women who have come forward, but they are the majority because men generally hold more positions of power over women). 

Joy shut Meghan down succinctly, too. That doesn't happen enough. I have a feeling people behind-the-scenes, whether it's because of Whoopi or some other connections the McCains have at ABC, have the other ladies going easy on the constantly upset Princess McCain, ugh.

• Love 7
On 3/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, bannana said:

Did Elsa says that Kellyann Conway's husband was a swamp dweller, or did I just imagine that?

So, MM can diss anyone, any party, but she'll go "gangsta" [sic] on anyone who does it to her or hers? 

Fucking BULLY. 

(Not that I give a fuck about crypt keeper  KAC, much less her husband, I just don't like the hypocrisy). 

• Love 7
On 3/31/2018 at 6:39 PM, bannana said:

Did Elsa says that Kellyann Conway's husband was a swamp dweller, or did I just imagine that?

It's meant to be a compliment. She's used this before to mean someone knee deep into politics.

• Love 2