Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

...and could put General Hospital’s future at risk by turning off fans.

That horse is so far out of the barn that it's run to somewhere where they don't even have barns. That horse is in midtown Manhattan.  

Sam won’t rape anyone, but she will shoot Sonny soon

This is part of the Sam ruination story? It reads more like the Sam redemption story.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
(edited)

If the article is true, then it's proof that the writers have paid no attention to RoHo's Franco run on GH. Immediately after his tumor surgery, while he was still wearing his tumor band-aid, he threatened someone's life. Since then, he's stabbed his mother and believed he had killed her, burying her alive. He helped Nina kidnap Ava's baby, and attacked a man and kept him in a cage. People who have been paying attention already know that it wasn't the tumor that was making him a terrible person. He's remained a terrible person.  And terrible people don't deserve redemption on soaps. Terrible people are supposed to eventually get their just desserts. I truly do not see what is so wonderful about the actor that he needs to be kept around or what is so wonderful about the character that he needs to be center stage. 

IMHO, a PTSD story would be much more interesting for Sam than a brain tumor story. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't think the article is true.

I hope it's not true . . . but in the meantime it allowed me to speak against the presence of RoHo/Franco, so it's a win-win for me. ;-)

• Love 8
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think the article is true.

That's entirely possible. It would be a failure even if it was true (admittedly, this show has a habit of veering into failure ever since it slid into the black hole that is Sonny). Tumor or no tumor, Franco hasn't really cared about what he did to Sam, and that's a problem TIIC don't seem to realize given how he's been written under all these writers. Franco seems to think that making Sam believe he raped her isn't a big deal, and giving Sam a tumor won't change that fundamental problem with their interactions.

That said, shooting Sonny would be really nice. :)

• Love 9

Oh, Lord. Making Franco care more about what he did to Sam would not be the direction in which to go, in my opinion. It's interesting how we can all pretty much hate the story and hate it for different reasons. The last thing I want is more of Franco trying to convince his former victims he's changed and is remorseful. Just move on at this point. It's never going to be enough to mollify the Sam fans, and it's boring for the rest of us.  

As far as the veracity of the article, I don't know, but it has the ring of truth about it. The minute I saw those scenes of Elizabeth going into her purse for a paper, and Sam hallucinating that it was Elizabeth with a gun, I felt this was going to culminate in Sam being violent to someone while under the influence of her hallucinations. It's very reminiscent of Carly stabbing "Faith" (Emily) with the sickle.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Oh, Lord. Making Franco care more about what he did to Sam would not be the direction in which to go, in my opinion. It's interesting how we can all pretty much hate the story and hate it for different reasons. The last thing I want is more of Franco trying to convince his former victims he's changed and is remorseful. Just move on at this point. It's never going to be enough to mollify the Sam fans, and it's boring for the rest of us.  

+1

(edited)

I would like to believe the article wasn't true, but I wouldn't put it past the TPTB to do this.

We must love the Franco.

Edited by mariah23
Why it might come true
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The last thing I want is more of Franco trying to convince his former victims he's changed and is remorseful. Just move on at this point.

Yeah, I think what they need to do is keep Franco and Sam away from each other, and if they have to be in a scene together, let Sam ignore him. Or send hostile and resentful vibes his way, with Franco accepting whatever she chooses to do. RoHo does NOT play Franco as genuinely remorseful for some reason, which makes everything worse.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

RoHo does NOT play Franco as genuinely remorseful for some reason, which makes everything worse.

I think it's way too late for genuine remorse. That possibly could've worked when RC introduced RoHo as the character but it still would have required a  completely changed attitude/personality and a long redemptive story. Instead, his posture towards his victims (in and out of PC) has always read as petulant and resentful - and given the things he's done both pre and especially post-tumor, I really don't think that genuine remorse would work.

I don't know whether we're all supposed to forget his sociopath monologue, but he still behaves like someone with a personality disorder. And that's been how the character has been consistently written

So maybe RoHo is right.  Maybe he's looking at the things the murderhobo actually says and does and his portrayal is just true to the character as written

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

given the things he's done both pre and especially post-tumor, I really don't think that genuine remorse would work.

I agree, but the show desperately wants to redeem Franco. On the other hand:

4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

So maybe RoHo is right.  Maybe he's looking at the things the murderhobo actually says and does and his portrayal is just true to the character as written

Does the show think Franco has a personality problem right now, though? Or is he just misunderstood? I don't really know what we're supposed to think. If RoHo has decided Franco doesn't care about redemption (a valid choice, IMO), then he is playing him accordingly. But Elizabeth is still desperately trying to convince people he's changed, and I don't think that's solely so she can justify being in a relationship with him. Though of course that's part of it.

Ugh. It's a gross mess. I should just let it all go. It's not going to change my mind about Franco either way. He never should have been resurrected.

Edited by dubbel zout
trying to make this reflect what I'm trying to say
  • Love 8
On 6/16/2017 at 2:40 PM, mariah23 said:

I decided to post this from Daytime Dish, please take this with a grain of salt, but you will have a rage blackout.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/DishAllDay/single/?p=10022785&t=30052095

This show is gonna give me a brain tumor.  

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Or better yet, let Liz fall for Griffin, since he's good with Jake and, you know, not a serial killer rapist that tormented her son's dad and stepmom, and put Franco back with Nina.

Yes.   They could send Franina off to Canada to kidnap random geese.  

I am now even more convinced that RoHo is there for the check.

• Love 4

There are no words for how horrible, tone-deaf, stupid this promo is:

A threat from Sonny's past?  All the action surrounding him, Carly, Jason, and Sam?  HOW DID THESE WRITERS COME UP WITH SOMETHING SO NEW, SO FRESH!!!

...I guess there were some words.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Does the show think Franco has a personality problem right now, though? Or is he just misunderstood? I don't really know what we're supposed to think. If RoHo has decided Franco doesn't care about redemption (a valid choice, IMO), then he is playing him accordingly. But Elizabeth is still desperately trying to convince people he's changed, and I don't think that's solely so she can justify being in a relationship with him. Though of course that's part of it.

The two things are not mutually exclusive. That Liz believes in him (or desperately wants to) doesn't change him any more than it changed Ric. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

The guy Sonny was grappling with wasn't Scott Baldwin was it? Scott could be involved due(in part) to the whole Ava junk. 

I think that was JDP, right? The hair looked the same as that promo Uncle Frank did on the GH set when they announced he was joining the show. Because, with all the violence and hatred happening in the world right now, what this show was lacking was a 'Sonny in stranger danger' plot. I mean, Liv killing his 'beautiful baby boy', his ridiculous feuds with the other 2 Jiblings, and the whole Nelle thing was just NOT ENOUGH, amirite?

I think I put $20 on ratings dropping to a 1.6 but I'd like to double down and go with a 1.4 now, please and thank you.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

The two things are not mutually exclusive. That Liz believes in him (or desperately wants to) doesn't change him any more than it changed Ric.

I know. I'm just not sure what the show wants us to think about Franco. RoHo is playing it as Franco not caring about redemption, but I'm not sure if the show is supporting that. If that's not what the show wants, then stop having Elizabeth run around telling people Franco is misunderstood and has changed. Just have her admit that people don't like him, but she sees a different side. It's the lame excuse they use for every man.

• Love 3

I read some of the comments on Fairman's story, and there were a couple of good ideas regarding making Bassey a regular character, perhaps as Marion Chandler or as another evil Cassadine dragon lady. Bassey would be incredible, and I know the cast is horribly bloated, but I wouldn't mind shedding some of the useless parts and bringing on some of the key actors from AMC (Vincent Irizarry, Debbie Morgan -- both doctors). I don't dare dream of Susan Lucci returning to daytime, but I miss her on Devious Maids and now stop FF'd through commercials when I see those new ones from Progressive. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd rather just see these soaps again; I miss them.  But if Bassey was added, I wouldn't mind seeing members of the Barrington family back in PC

I really think having just one soap per channel hurts both the soap and the channel. There's no reason to watch ABC at all during the daytime when it only has one soap and that soap is this bad. When there were four soaps on ABC, I checked in on all of them and watched at least one or two regularly. If one was boring or unappealing, I'd switch to regularly watching another - but I always watched at least one.  

Now I occasionally, and with decreasing frequency, check out clips if the board seems interested

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

No more damn villains, please and thank you. They should've made her a Quartermaine, to take up Tracy's mantle and anchor the family again. Plus, I would've loved to hear her complete disdain for anything Corinthos related. But of course Uncle Frank brings in a well known soap actress for a story involving.....AMY. Somebody we met what? 4 months ago? FV is just completely fucking worthless.

• Love 4

Sounds like Ned and Olivia's wedding will be airing in two weeks:

#GH - Ned enlists the help of his groomsmen. {July 6}

I guess the groomsmen are Dillon and Dante and...that's all I got.  Maybe Ned's longtime friend Jax could be one, OH WAIT HE'S NOT ALLOWED IN THE COUNTRY THANKS TO SOMEBODY.

I also wonder how they'll explain Tracy's absence.

• Love 8

MichaeI?

Per RPW's instagram, Sonny and Carly will be there too, which is so annoying. Olivia isn't THAT good friends with them that she just has to invite them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

MichaeI?

Per RPW's instagram, Sonny and Carly will be there too, which is so annoying. Olivia isn't THAT good friends with them that she just has to invite them.

Maybe?  I'd love to have some kind of cousin moment between them about it, but the show has historically done a horrible job of showing Michael's relationships with other Q's.

And yeah, I had prepared myself for it, but it sucks Sonny and Carly are there.  I mean, Carly solo, that'd be fine, but does Sonny - the bride's ex and baby daddy who the groom historically hates - really need to be?  At least it's at the MetroCourt and not the Q's.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It makes more sense than when Sonny showed up at Carly and Jax's wedding. 

I wonder who gets shot at this wedding?

• Love 1
On 6/19/2017 at 9:06 PM, dubbel zout said:

That "Oh, my God!" at the end sounded like Lauren. But she's not Sonny, Carly, Sam, or Jason, so it must be someone else.

Nice to see LW's natural hair texture.

It sounded like Sam to me. But maybe it's a fake out.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

More annoying to me was Molly's micro appearance.  Molly, who should be anchoring storylines all year round, but especially during the summer.  It's just...

I don't think Hayley Pullos is under contract. Smart young lady.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, nothing says "hot" like a man getting slapped.

Me, I couldn't get over how the actor was clearly reading off cue cards placed just below the camera and to his left.

Protip, dude:  When portraying somebody breaking up with his girlfriend, you should be directing your gaze at her face, not over her shoulder!