Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

But the construct has it that Jason is IT. The be-all, end-all for Liz. The one she'd sacrifice her self respect, dignity, and pride for, and would do so again, as she was quick to tell Robin. It isn't that she can't move on, per se. But who'd believe any new guy would not be some place holder as Liz closes her eyes and pretends he is the Almighty Jason?

She did that already with Lucky. No need for a repeat. If she just moves on with a snap of the fingers, any other relationship is doomed, IMO, without a LOT of self examination. And this show doesn't want to be bothered with it and sweep everything under the rug as Liz repeats the same pathetic patterns she has done for almost a decade now.

Well considering this guy isn't even onscreen yet, no one has any idea what their story would be, if they even have a story at all. If they do put them together, I doubt it would be right away, and I don't think she would be pretending he's Jason. I just don't understand why everyone else on this show is allowed to move on after doing something bad, but Liz always has to pay the consequences and be alone. No one else spends months looking at their lives and choices, and plenty of characters have done way worse then Liz. These double standards have never made any sense to me. Should she have to be alone for the rest of her life because she's in love with Jason right now? That's stupid.

Her moving on with her life, would not be repeating any patterns, it would be her moving on.

I mean, I guess Lulu and Dante can never  be with anyone else either because according to the show, they are the loves of each others lives. Nik shouldn't have been with anyone after Emily died either because she was the love of his life. Sam probably should have stayed completely alone until Jason came back, and I guess if that doesn't work out, her and Jason should never be with anyone else either. I mean if no one could be with anyone but the loves of their lives, then almost everyone on this show would be alone.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 8

To me, there's a difference between putting them in story together, and having Liz in love with the guy immediately.  He can start out as a friend who supports her and move from there. 

Yeah, but it's...this show.  They don't slow burns, they don't do subtle.

https://twitter.com/Anybody_but_liz/status/689211274224205824

Crappy quality for right now...

The original rain dance was EPIC.  <3

Again, more blah blah Sam, blah blah blah Jason.  Hey promo people, what if you don't give a fig about them, or Liz? 

Also, why again is Nathan the fifth person in the "look at our stars!" title card at the end? 

Again, more blah blah Sam, blah blah blah Jason. Hey promo people, what if you don't give a fig about them, or Liz?

You continue to pay for your room on the barge like me.

How are any of these stories leading to sweeps? Bigger question, why should viewers care since there are no conclusions or consequences?

• Love 3

Should she have to be alone for the rest of her life because she's in love with Jason right now? That's stupid.

Who said anything about Liez being single for the rest of her life? Being single for six months isn't the same thing as being single forever. Taking six months to get her life together isn't a punishment, it's much needed character rehab. 

• Love 6

That ain't got nuthin on Sonny and SBr!Carly's big fight and then reunion in the rain. I believe it was her last scene as Carly.

Because I remember seeing that, and then a few weeks later TBr!Carly plotting with Roy against Sonny in the stairwell and carrying and world's biggest purse ever.

This really belongs in either the history thread or the Carly thread, but this was SBr's last scene as Carly:

• Love 2

I can't believe a talented and good looking guy like Matt Cohen, who was just did an arc on a big primetime show and was supposedly coming during the spring season, would sign a contract with TFGH, especially during pilot season!

Yea it literally makes no sense to me. And I don't see how they could have offered him a ton of money either. Shit, maybe they did and we're going to start getting scenes filmed at rest stops and what not.

DNA Jake is going to have a session with Kevin this week.

Are we going to actually see Jon Lindstrom this week?! Man, scenes with his Kevin and DNAJ sound amazing tbh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
I can't believe a talented and good looking guy like Matt Cohen, who was just did an arc on a big primetime show and was supposedly coming during the spring season, would sign a contract with TFGH, especially during pilot season!

Maybe he went for the guaranteed paycheck over the uncertainty of a series. Many more pilots are made than are ever picked up. And just because he had an arc on Supernatural (which is still a genre show, despite its popularity) doesn't mean he had numerous offers lined up. 

I'll be curious to see how long he lasts. He'll get a decent introduction, but unless they try to make him happen, he'll be quickly forgotten, like everyone who isn't Jason/Sonny/Carly.

Are we going to actually see Jon Lindstrom this week?! Man, scenes with his Kevin and DNAJ sound amazing tbh.

I'm so torn.  It's always fantastic to see Kevin/Jon Lindstrom, but I'm not sure how excited I can be about him being dragged into this stupid story.  Though I guess it's better than him getting stuck with Morgan like poor Andre.

• Love 2

I'll be curious to see how long he lasts. He'll get a decent introduction, but unless they try to make him happen, he'll be quickly forgotten, like everyone who isn't Jason/Sonny/Carly.

Eh. Plywood and Mayo are still here. FV doesn't like admitting mistakes

• Love 1

They really are trying anything and everything to make this Zombie Kid work. Newsflash.... he sucks at acting. Dude. I hate myself for this, but I'd rather see Spencee steal candy and have hotel capers than Liz, Jason, and Sam fret about mystery prowlers while Franco decodes Zombie Spawn's drawings. Now Kevin is in on this. I suppose he'll tell Liz and Jason their special child has an IQ of 52 or something. Those drawings looked worse than stuff my cat can do.

• Love 1

They really are trying anything and everything to make this Zombie Kid work. Newsflash.... he sucks at acting. Dude. I hate myself for this, but I'd rather see Spencee steal candy and have hotel capers than Liz, Jason, and Sam fret about mystery prowlers while Franco decodes Zombie Spawn's drawings. Now Kevin is in on this. I suppose he'll tell Liz and Jason their special child has an IQ of 52 or something. Those drawings looked worse than stuff my cat can do.

Sorry, Spence is too busy getting his inner Rob Kardashian on:

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/news/46469/general-hospitals-nicolas-bechtel-in-the-people-v-oj-simpson-american-crime-story

EDIT: Never mind, I thought this was just a 2 hour movie, but it's a 10-part docu-series. But yeah. Seems to be getting other work.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

Maybe he went for the guaranteed paycheck over the uncertainty of a series. Many more pilots are made than are ever picked up. And just because he had an arc on Supernatural (which is still a genre show, despite its popularity) doesn't mean he had numerous offers lined up. 

Yeah, this. DZ turned down a recurring gig on a primetime series too for GH. And I guess Justin Hartly too over on Y&R. Although nowadays being on a soap isn't much of a guarantee either.

• Love 3

Yeah, but it's...this show.  They don't slow burns, they don't do subtle.

Again, more blah blah Sam, blah blah blah Jason.  Hey promo people, what if you don't give a fig about them, or Liz? 

Also, why again is Nathan the fifth person in the "look at our stars!" title card at the end? 

I've been saying for months that I'm more than ready for all three of them to disappear for a good long chunk of a while. The fact that those three keep dominating spoilers does not entice me to watch, at all.

I'm interested in who Hayden is, if they don't drag it out, and I'm okay with her being a Q. Not sure about her being Tracy's kid. I adore JE, and Tracy is always entertaining-but does she *really* need another kid? Giving her a daughter IMO, takes away something form the Tracy/Lulu and Tracy/Sabrina relationships(yeah we haven't seen either interact that much lately, but still).  Besides.....I don't know if I buy her giving a kid up. It's not that she's mother of the year or anything-far from it-but any kid, male or female, estranged from Edward or not, I would think she'd be shoving the kid in his face-not hiding it. Much like I never bought that she'd have an abortion for the same reasons.

BUT-if Hayden is hers, I say just make it that she and Lord Larry had a ONS while both were abroad, and she already knew what a crappy parent he was to Ned, and how little his family (and her father) would value a girl, so she gave her up. It's much easier than inventing yet another deadbeat man for her. Just use one of the deadbeats we already know. Easy Peasy. Plus-if her vacationing in Mexico has anything to do with the Aztec jewelry mentions that I heard were being made-I could totally see Lord Larry being in the middle of that.

Of course, Hugo Napier isn't acting full time anymore, so it's likely a pipe dream, but still. I do think the "face from Tracy's past" will be mixed up in that, if it amounts to anything.

Edited by IWantCandy71

He was on a few episodes of "How to Get Away with Murder" last fall and its been rumored that he'll be back in the spring. And Shoda, and ABC in general, loves to recycle actors so he probably would have landed somewhere other than TFGH.

Thanks for the repost of Sarah Brown's last Carly scenes in 2001. That's what I remembered, because the SBr/Carly fans were just livid that afternoon. Of course everyone knew that that was Brown's last scheduled air day, and they thought it was such a slap in the face that her run on the show ended with Sonny screaming at Carly to go upstairs to her room, as if she were his disobedient daughter. Then when she refused, he threw something at the wall and told her he wasn't kidding, and she meekly trotted upstairs. 

A classic Jill Farren Phelps episode-closing musical montage. "Classic" as in "characteristic," not meaning it was any good. 

spoilers and tidbits from SOD via soap zone

spoilers from SOD

Brandon Barash:
-Enjoyed his time with ER and of course KStBarash
-Last day was one that lasted 3 eppys, 50-55 pages of dialogue. Hardest challenge he ever had at GH, tough but satisfying day
-Highlight was reteaming with Kin, Johnny has a moment of reckoning and realizes that this is all a lot heavier than he wanted to believe. It was a fun carefully orchestrated thing that they did with the character.
-Oops continues on next page:
He was grateful to be asked back by FV, GH will always be a part of his heart. So much happened since he started on the show.
-As to whether Johnny might pop back again "Anything's possible"

-Franco has disturbing warning for Liz
-Kristina's professor confronts her

-Lulu enlists Maxie and Olivia's help to save her troubled marriage.

- 1/25 Tracy, on vacation, has unexpected encounter with familiar face. ME: This better not be PUKE dammit.
-1/25 Jason rethinks a decision about recovering more of his memories

1/26: Julian reaches across aisle, hoping for peace. Valerie draws a line in sand with Dante, Dullen offers Lulu undying support

1/27: Carly has good reason for rushing into Sonny's arms; R&A close in on Carrrrrrrrlos/Sob. Morgan nixes a guaranteed 'good time" (me: Drugs?)

1/28: Jake reacts badly to Jason's news. Carlos come through for Sobby in her time of need. Max fills Sonny in on true nature of Ava's business.

Morgan wants Kiki Back

-There's been a lot of back and forth with the characters... Haley Erin says "personally I wasn't a big MorKi fan especially after the Denise fiasco" - but now that's been kind of blown over and everything they went through at the cabin..."

They went through bad times and stuck by each other. Friendship is a good basis for a relationship and MorKi are best friends. They have a strong bond.

-Kiki is skeptical but agrees to go on a date with him. Hayley is really excited to see where it goes and enjoys working with BC.

-Nik says he's falling in love and proposes.
-Hayden is more conflicted than ever. She's attracted to Nik and falling in love. Yet he tried to have her killed and betrayed her.
-She is caught off guard, wants to respond but knows Tracy is holding something over her head
-She's moved by what Nikolas says...Per ReBu she doesn't know if Hayden has had anyone feel that way about her or ever been in love (Me: more backstory change I see)
-Hard to accept proposal cause she knows she will hurt him. At first it's like everything she wanted but she knows she is misleading him. He is proposing from a place from really caring and business reasons.
-Hayden says yes but with a secret heavy heart.
-The more she's gotten to know Nik, the more her desire for revenge has fallen to the wayside.
-She was ready to call it off with Tracy but then Tracy let Hayden know that she knows who she is and what she's done so her hands are tied.
-She kind of has to follow through with her plan.
-She's damned if she does; ;damned if she doesn't.

• Love 1

Haley Erin says "personally I wasn't a big MorKi fan especially after the Denise fiasco"

I hear ya, girl.  But ugh, them being "best friends" and dating, who fucking cares!

Rebecca Budig (the character) is pathetic and Tracy now being misused as the Big Bad making things hard for poor wittle Rebecca Budig and Nikolas' epic wuv makes me ill.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

-Hayden is more conflicted than ever. She's attracted to Nik and falling in love. Yet he tried to have her killed and betrayed her.

How does no one involved with the show get how insane this sounds?  

• Love 13

-She is caught off guard, wants to respond but knows Tracy is holding something over her head

-She's moved by what Nikolas says...Per ReBu she doesn't know if Hayden has had anyone feel that way about her or ever been in love (Me: more backstory change I see)

-Hard to accept proposal cause she knows she will hurt him. At first it's like everything she wanted but she knows she is misleading him. He is proposing from a place from really caring and business reasons.

-The more she's gotten to know Nik, the more her desire for revenge has fallen to the wayside.

-She was ready to call it off with Tracy but then Tracy let Hayden know that she knows who she is and what she's done so her hands are tied.

No. No no no.

All of those spoilers are bad. Real bad.

But I, like HeatLifer, am really looking forward to Jake reacting badly to something. Such fun!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
50-55 pages of dialogue

That is nuts.

Yeah, it's a bummer when that happens, isn't it?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

STFU Greenlee Hayden what the fuck is wrong with you why are yoU out here acting like this YOU MAKE ME SO SICK.

• Love 3

WHAT. THE. SHIT.

Y'know, at least Sonny's bullet of love was an accident. A stupid accident born of incompetence - but he legitimately thought Carly was in trouble and was trying "rescue" her*.  This shite with Hayden/Nik is just...No. 

1897384584-She_don_27t_love_herself.jpg

*By killing someone - as you do. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12

Related to the MorKi spoiler above because I found this earlier today:

I'm not going to post it as I don't want to add to it views, but the scene between Morgan and KA's Kiki in the boathouse in 2013 has over 10 million views on YouTube. No, seriously, it does.

I mean, I know that there are a lot of soap sex scenes with millions of views on YouTube from countless non soap fans who are just horny and willing to watch anything to satisfy it, but that's just sad. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

I'm chalking it up to the fact that Hayden doesn't know for sure that Nik tried to have her killed and is trying to stick her head in the sand regarding her suspicions because of her feelings towards him. This is the only way it doesn't make my head hurt.

I'm chalking it up to the fact that Hayden doesn't know for sure that Nik tried to have her killed and is trying to stick her head in the sand regarding her suspicions because of her feelings towards him. This is the only way it doesn't make my head hurt.

I'm pretty sure Curtis confirmed for her that it was Nik who tried to have her killed. I can't be positive 100% because I fast forward most scenes with her and Nik.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure Curtis confirmed for her that it was Nik who tried to have her killed. I can't be positive 100% because I fast forward most scenes with her and Nik.

Actually, he just told her that Shawn's bullet wasn't the one that hit her. Hayden knows there was a second shooter, but not who it was.

Edited by Bawoman

Being in denial is the only way to get through this show a lot of the time. I understand. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

The reason she went looking for a second shooter was because she heard Nik talking -without any remorse - about the time he tried to MURDER HER IN THE FACE 

Not how I recall it, sorry. I remember her hearing a convo between him and Laura in which he denied Laura's accusations, though at one point he did sort of imply he could have ("Haven't you ever done something because you had no choice" or something to that extent ..)before denying it again.

Nik definitely did not admit to Laura about the hit until a couple of weeks ago.

Spoilers from twitter:

NE 2/2: Liz is worried history is repeating itself; Sam finds herself in danger. #GH

Gee....shocking that all this shit is setting up Sam to be hurt (by Jake I am assuming)  The writers are NOT subtle.

• Love 6