Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wait. Stefan and Katherine spawned?! Whaaaaa---?!

No. But Katherine did claim that Nikolas knocked her up. And then she was push off the parapet to her death. For the second time.

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

My head is starting to hurt again. I know who Stefan is (a Cassadine brother that somehow Laura thought could have been Nik's father?) but who is Katherine?

Katherine Bell was played by Mary Beth Evans, who, of course, was in a supercouple pairing on Days with Stephen Nichols. In between stints there, she appeared on GH as Katherine, and TPTB tried to re-pair her with Nichols/Stefan. Because those characters were not their other characters, it failed.

Short version.  :-)

I'll let someone else tackle the longer ins and outs.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

My head is starting to hurt again. I know who Stefan is (a Cassadine brother that somehow Laura thought could have been Nik's father?) but who is Katherine?

Katherine Bell, who went over a paraquet twice. GH's attempt to reproduce the Patch/Kayla magic from Days of Our Lives, I think.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:05 AM, LexieLily said:

Silly @statsgirl. Carly couldn't care less about "Kevin's" treatment of Laura. She will be judging him for slumming it with Ava Jerome.

Now that Carly knows that "Kevin" left Laura, I bet she's going to use it as an excuse to yell at him because she's angry at him for taking Ava's side at the funeral.

The other bullet on Katherine Bell is that she was on the show for more than six years, and when she finally died for good, I never read even one comment from anyone who missed her. The hatred was unusually wide and deep, especially for someone played by a well-liked daytime vet. I'm sure Katherine had fans at some point, but by her final story arc (trying to manipulate newly recast Nikolas into a marriage), those fans were scarce.

Below: Ugh. I guess they were testing the chemistry for possible hate sex? I don't think these two ever had a real relationship, though. Maurice was younger then, but the character is just as annoying in this clip.  

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Now that Carly knows that "Kevin" left Laura, I bet she's going to use it as an excuse to yell at him because she's angry at him for taking Ava's side at the funeral.

And that should be Ryan's excuse to murder Carly in the face.  Let's go, Chamberlain!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Below: Ugh. I guess they were testing the chemistry for possible hate sex? I don't think these two ever had a real relationship, though. Maurice was younger then, but the character is just as annoying in this clip. 

Ugh. Sonny was awful even back then.  Even if Katherine had a reputation, there's no excuse for talking like that to a woman he just met.  I notice that the clip is titled "Sonny Schools Katherine" so I guess that he had his stans back then too.

Jason sand Sam puzzle over mystery emails she’s receiving. SA “it will dovetail into another surprising story...it is very much just the beginning of a much larger JaSam story”
~@Twitter/NewMag

I am so shocked!   This is all about Jason and Sam? NO SHIT!!

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Hopefully it's the final nail in their coffin!! 

That will be the day GH gives up on that trash heap.

I'm sure Sam will need rescuing from the big bad cult stalker.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Hater said:

I'm sure Sam will need rescuing from the big bad cult stalker

If a Sam falls off her ridiculously high boots, knocks herself unconscious and a Jason isn't there to rescue her, did it even really happen? /deepthoughts

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

LOL at Danny standing in between both of his parents and holding both of their hands to get them to look at each other. Didn't Kristina do that once, too?

Wouldn't be surprised.  Danny is just so bad.  Do they think bringing the kid into scenes makes it better?  It actually seems worse.

• Love 1

Would the king playing Danny be the same height as Kelly if she wasn't wearing her heels? That's all I kept wondering about during the whole clip.

Looking forward to when Scout starts talking and wants mommy and daddy to spend time together. 

Danny looks more excited about spending time with Annabelle in any case.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Hater said:

Wouldn't be surprised.  Danny is just so bad.  Do they think bringing the kid into scenes makes it better?  It actually seems worse.

It just shows that the only connection they have is Danny and they should be co-parents and nothing more.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

https://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/video/vdka6994392

So bad.  The entire "family."  Nothing going.

Can that kid seriously learn how to stop looking directly at the camera?  This is what 3 years now?

That clip was awkward city. How romantic, Jason chanced putting his arm on Sam's back to which she bristled and looked away in disgust. Sam proceeded to stand there like a frigid plank under his touch and scooted away at the earliest opportunity. Then it was Jason's turn to look at her with barely contained loathing. Must be love. Can't wait to see them spend Christmas together. What a treat that'll be. Maybe Sam will have food poisoning that day to hold off Jason's advances. 

They have got to let this couple go. 

• Love 13

So I see on Soap Central that Kin confirmed a tribute episode for Susan Brown/Gail Baldwin.  Which is nice...and then I saw that article was next to one about Caroline's funeral on "Days of our Lives", which will likely include a bunch of visitors and a ton of flashbacks.  While, if we're lucky, we'll get a few segments and Serena.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I see on Soap Central that Kin confirmed a tribute episode for Susan Brown/Gail Baldwin.  Which is nice...and then I saw that article was next to one about Caroline's funeral on "Days of our Lives", which will likely include a bunch of visitors and a ton of flashbacks.  While, if we're lucky, we'll get a few segments and Serena.

Ok, I know this will be a UO, and I should preface it by saying I'm very much looking forward to the Gail tribute, and I'm definitely aware of Lee and Gail.  But honestly, what is the last major storyline they were a part of? Because I think of myself as being relatively up on my 90s GH (at least, for a 28-year-old). And honestly, I only vaguely recall them on Port Charles (which I wasn't a regular viewer of) and maybe as supportive players in Dominique's death.  I know they were a BIG deal in the 70s and early 80s, but she wasn't nearly as tied to the current canvas as Caroline on Days, and I think it's pretty lovely (and mildly surprising) that they're doing any sort of tribute. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

Ok, I know this will be a UO, and I should preface it by saying I'm very much looking forward to the Gail tribute, and I'm definitely aware of Lee and Gail.  But honestly, what is the last major storyline they were a part of? Because I think of myself as being relatively up on my 90s GH (at least, for a 28-year-old). And honestly, I only vaguely recall them on Port Charles (which I wasn't a regular viewer of) and maybe as supportive players in Dominique's death.  I know they were a BIG deal in the 70s and early 80s, but she wasn't nearly as tied to the current canvas as Caroline on Days, and I think it's pretty lovely (and mildly surprising) that they're doing any sort of tribute. 

The show is pretty much a hollow shell of what it was, so Gail not being connected to a large amount of the canvas isn't saying much. They were a big part of why the show became the legend it was and I am sure that the show got  shit for botching Lee Baldwin/Peter Hansen's tribute.  Gail was Monica's foster mother and they were pretty close to the Qs (I will forever mourn never getting a chance to hear Gail call Carly a convining bitch in the classist way possible, considering how hard she was on Scott when Scott unintentionally threatened Lee's sobierty) . Bring back Robert Scorpio and maybe even have Kevin hear about Gail's death (Gail was his doctor during his breakdown) and we could potentially have a nice little tribute show. I am going to declare this now: the tribute for Gail Baldwin will be higher rated than the "celebration" of Sonny Corntihos' 25 year chokehold over GH. 

Here the other thing: it is pretty normal for actors who are aging to move to more supporting roles. What they have allowed Sonny, Carly and Jason to do is pretty freakin weird and one of the reasons why this show is what it is today. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I am going to declare this now: the tribute for Gail Baldwin will be higher rated than the "celebration" of Sonny Corntihos' 25 year chokehold over GH. 

God, I hope so. I'd love a tribute to someone who hasn't been on the show in years to get better ratings than Sonny's masturbatory yay-me episode.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Let me guess: this tribute was pushed for by Kin and/or Lynn, like the Lee Baldwin/Peter Hansen was. Which isn't a bad thing, not in the least, I just remember thinking that GH wouldn't have even considered doing any tribute much less ask back Carly Schroeder/Serena if Kin and Lynn hadn't started the push for it on social media.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

God, I hope so. I'd love a tribute to someone who hasn't been on the show in years to get better ratings than Sonny's masturbatory yay-me episode.

Well I find it funny that Ava finding out Kiki was dead got better ratings than Scummy's stand alone.  Actually, it was very satisfying.  GH just doesn't get it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10

I was shocked to see the (who?)s with their "baby", though of course there was a big honking picture of Michael holding him as well.  WE GET IT!

Also the shot of the unholy trinity smugly smiling at the end made me feel sick.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was shocked to see the (who?)s with their "baby", though of course there was a big honking picture of Michael holding him as well.  WE GET IT!

I'm surprised they didn't somehow float Nelle's head over that, and she's got a smug smile on her face.

• Love 3

Seeing spoilers that Ryan visits Kevin next week and torments him, presumably with the knowledge that he used Kevin's name and face to murder two women (I don't think we've seen Kevin since before Mary Pat died).  Poor Kevin.

Oh, also, Obrecht goes to see Nelle next week, which means ANOTHER visit form Chloe Lanier.  Ugh, go away so we can (not) miss you.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5