Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I'm not sure what to tell you. She's a lead on the show. Did you really expect her to be in jail forever if she's not leaving the show? And same with the other three. I never expected any of them to remain in jail.

I don't know if she's staying or if Ava is presumed killed, but if Sonny can be pardoned for killing AJ who was a legacy character then I have no issue with Ava being pardoned for killing what's her name.

• Love 4

I knew Sonny would get away with murdering AJ via soap bs, but come on. Can we- on a show with latex masks, corpses, DID, and everyone comes back from the dead every month- then a not dead legacy character can't be far fetched, no? You don't need him recast till you get whomever whenever. Just put Michael on a weird goose chase or whatever. Or the never seen Monica. Jeeze. Pardoning him over saving some girl we don't know is as dumb as.... well.... killing a legacy character we practically watched be born on screen get murdered over a crazy broad that ate the show for a couple years and was forced down our throats, despite ruining a popular character (that led to his exit), killing her kid, and being all about a lead we all hate. You know, Connie V 2.0.

• Love 4

I just have a problem with all the criminals being pardoned all at the same time, if something like that happens. We all know Sonny is gonna get out of prison eventually somehow, but couldn't we give it a little more time? And something more fraught with organic drama to the characters? Dude has been behind bars exactly five minutes. He has not suffered. And I love Ava, but Ava did let Connie bleed out and die like a dog. Let's give their slight soap penance some play and some space to breathe. Sonny can't have some sort of meltdown, can't end up in the prison hospital or solitary, praying to God again but meaning it this time? Ava can't get shanked or worse by the big chicks? Hell, let her lose an eye or a finger or something. No, instead, they're already out, all at once!

It's just ridiculous to me and it's null drama. It's like, they got their big Michael/Sonny showdown and now, boop, he's in jail, now, boop, he's out - on to the next plot point. Even a couple years ago they would've given this a few more months. Let them all get out in different ways at different times, after really paying in some way. But now - out! Done! Peace, bye! It's terrible. They're like Romper Room.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 16

Anyway, those spoilers just make me crazy because, either don't write your characters doing truly unforgivable things or write them off the show into prison when they do. And let them stay there for at least a year.

The whole wrestling over a gun and it goes off trope is dumb, but it exists for a reason - so characters can kill but aren't actually cold blooded killers. They should've used that with Ava and Sonny if they're going to subject us to this.

That said, and because she is an unstoppable force for evil, I would like it if Nik killed his grandma.

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 6
That said, and because she is an unstoppable force for evil, I would like it if Nik killed his grandma.

He actually did once, he pushed her off a cliff ten years ago. Of course you see how that ended up, alas.

• Love 2

I'm not sure what to tell you. She's a lead on the show. Did you really expect her to be in jail forever if she's not leaving the show? And same with the other three. I never expected any of them to remain in jail.

No one expected the prison break squad to remain in prison forever or even for a significant amount of time, but to get out of prison this quickly is just fucking ridiculous. I bet Ron won't even have the decency to let Sonny and Ava lose custody of Avery. They'll come back to PC and raise their useless demon baby and the fact that they murdered two innocent people in cold blood will soon be forgotten, especially in Ava's case since everyone has already forgotten about Connie. And that piece of shit serial killer Franco will be free to roam around PC terrorizing people again and hanging out with his BFF Nina. It would have been better  (at least for me) if Ron had come up with some ridiculous loophole that kept them out of prison entirely.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

He actually did once, he pushed her off a cliff ten years ago. Of course you see how that ended up, alas.

If Ron really wants to shock me, he could actually, finally kill off one of the laughably omnipotent villains. He's got like 8 to choose from at this point.

We'd never see it coming at this point!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

If Ron really wants to shock me, he could actually, finally kill off one of the laughably omnipotent villains. He's got like 8 to choose from at this point.

We'd never see it coming at this point!

I really like Constance Towers, but daytime in general needs to learn to let some characters go. Helena and Stefano, for example, should be given one final storyline before the actors are too old or are in too poor health to properly do one.

Ideally, this Fluke story should be the end of Helena and all incarnations of Luke. Tell the story while Constance and Tony can still do it.

I don't expect this LoD story to end anytime soon, but it can continue with Heather or Dr. O or someone else as the ringleader.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I just have a problem with all the criminals being pardoned all at the same time, if something like that happens. We all know Sonny is gonna get out of prison eventually somehow, but couldn't we give it a little more time? And something more fraught with organic drama to the characters? Dude has been behind bars exactly five minutes. He has not suffered. And I love Ava, but Ava did let Connie bleed out and die like a dog. Let's give their slight soap penance some play and some space to breathe. Sonny can't have some sort of meltdown, can't end up in the prison hospital or solitary, praying to God again but meaning it this time? Ava can't get shanked or worse by the big chicks? Hell, let her lose an eye or a finger or something. No, instead, they're already out, all at once!

It's just ridiculous to me and it's null drama. It's like, they got their big Michael/Sonny showdown and now, boop, he's in jail, now, boop, he's out - on to the next plot point. Even a couple years ago they would've given this a few more months. Let them all get out in different ways at different times, after really paying in some way. But now - out! Done! Peace, bye! It's terrible. They're like Romper Room.

I was going to say, they should have put  Sonny locked in a small room with a corpse and a bomb, but then this would probably be his reaction shot:

unknown_zpsxgdzzrni.jpg

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Ava can't get shanked or worse by the big chicks? Hell, let her lose an eye or a finger or something.

You might as well have let Nina do that if you wanted to go that route. Why even bother? She's her worst enemy.

At least Sonny and Franco got trials. And Julian actually wanted to be in prison. Ava hasn't had a trial, and who knows if she ever would have even gotten one. There was no mention of it for her whatsoever. Everyone else who's committed crimes (Maddy included) at least had a mention of one except her. She never even had a lawyer, not even Franco's awesome dayplayer. The evidence against her is flimsier than an umbrella in Boston's blizzard, with all of the hands that recording passed through. She hasn't had due process, which she is entitled to under the law. I'm not sure what Scotty and The State were dragging their feet on, it's not like they had a lot of evidence to even present. They probably knew it would be laughed out of court since any decent lawyer would be able to get it deemed inadmissible. Is it realistic that all four got sprung at the exact same time? No more realistic than any of the other stuff I'm asked to swallow on this show.

Murderers in real life walk all the time. I'll save my outrage for OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

I mean, Ava's trial is not something I needed. They had her dead to rights, same as Sonny. I wanted more of Sonny being put away because that's something the audience has waited years for. Instead they fast-forwarded to him in jail and now they're fast-forwarding to make him a free man. I'm not asking for some drawn-out court procedural, but I do think they had plenty of material to milk here for real drama and they just couldn't give a shit because they wanted to get all the "hot characters" (like Sonny, Nina and Franco) back in play against Evil Fluke. Then why bother with any of this in the first place? I'm not offended that Sonny will end up back on the street, I always expected that. What pisses me off is how quickly they threw away any semblance of payment or consequences. Even for Ron this is way too fast.

• Love 10

And what is the point of everything Anna keeps talking about with Jordan - breaking the PC underworld - if this is the end result? Is she gonna come back from D.C. and be like 'welp' and go back to getting cats out of trees? I didn't expect the mob to go away forever but I did expect parts of it to change on the canvas. I am not seeing yet how that is going to happen here when Sonny and co. are already getting out.

• Love 5

I wanted more of Sonny being put away because that's something the audience has waited years for. Instead they fast-forwarded to him in jail and now they're fast-forwarding to make him a free man.

Seriously, couldn't there have been at least a small arc of Sonny struggling with his claustrophobia before the medication worked or whatever?  

I'll tell you this much, from now on, there better not be any, "Sonny can't go to jail, he's afraid of small spaces, he'll die!" bleeting from his supporters going forward.

• Love 8

I have to agree it's going to suck to see them all just get tossed out of prison because, after they all broke out, they happen to do something that inadvertently benefits the Governor.  Screw that.  Sonny and Ava both killed someone in cold blood, for stupid, selfish reasons, and neither deserves a fucking pardon.  The next story line we get had better damn well be Monica, Michael, Ned, and Olivia campaigning to have the Governor impeached or something.  Because that's just bullshit. 

• Love 8

Isn't it like, Soap 101 that the "loveable bad characters" aren't supposed to kill innocent characters? They're supposed to kill characters that are worse than they are. That's how they get away with not paying for their crimes.

But not on GH, y'all!!! On GH, you can torture Robin and kill AJ and you're rewarded!!!!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 11

The only way I'd accept this horseshit is if, due to Anna and Jordan's work (I know, I find Jordan's "hard work" hilarious too) and then Michael and the Q's bringing some sort of massive suit, they basically broke Sonny's organization, period. And maybe Anna has him on other charges - racketeering, whatever, and he can't wriggle out because his money is gone. The only deal he can cut is to walk free without his business. So his freedom doesn't matter. Like Marlo Stanfield on The Wire, he walks free but he can't run shit again. Then we can send Sonny back to living above Kelly's or something, struggling to deal with being forcibly retired, living in poverty, hated by much of the town (at least, much more than presently). Maybe he'd get back in someday, maybe he wouldn't, but at least it's something new for MB to play since they sure didn't waste any time on any kind of cool prison arc. And meanwhile Ava is on the run or whatever, maybe later on she cuts some other sleazy deal or suffers for what she did in some different way for a while but for now she's lurking on the fringes, and so that leaves wacky, metro-ass Julian as the new reigning power. He tortures or kills ol' Duke and takes the whole thing back, because why not?

Of course they won't do any of this, and everything will immediately snap back to the way it was.

(If Michael does bring a suit I do not expect it to amount to much.)

Just like it was before Ron's big November sweeps stunt. It's all about the big moment!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

The only way I'd accept Sonny free as a bird after murdering AJ in such a callous manner and behaving in such a disgusting way is if AJ is revealed alive in a coma after it all, Sonny cannot be in his Gummy Bear Mafia ever again, Sonny loses everything to the Quartermaines via law suit, Micheal still regards him with disgust, and Sonny is the town pariah.

Every murderer irl who "got away" with murder eventually got caught up with the grief. And they weren't accepted in society.

• Love 3

You know, I wanted Duke gone from pretty much day 1 of his return, even when he was really Faison, but I'm so used to making fun of him I don't know if I can do without. I just need Anna to be free of him. Maybe Julian can just keep Duke in a panic room. Or Stavros' cryochamber.

• Love 3

lol I thought you meant it because you were saying before that you didn't like how assy they made Johnny, so I was thinking you wanted him killed to preserve your good memories :)

• Love 4

Isn't it like, Soap 101 that the "loveable bad characters" aren't supposed to kill innocent characters? They're supposed to kill characters that are worse than they are. That's how they get away with not paying for their crimes.

But not on GH, y'all!!! On GH, you can torture Robin and kill AJ and you're rewarded!!!!

Ron has characters do these extreme things, like murder/kidnap innocent people and then hand waves it mere months later. Guza set the template by having our romantic heroes be a hitman and a mob boss. I actually like the actress, but Ron shouldn't had Ava murder someone innocent. This entire Fluke thing would have put a convenient out for her, making him killer, but Ron didn't give that out for the character. 

Say what you will about Helena, but unlike the other villains, her character operates in the shadows and is hated by her grandson. 

• Love 5

And meanwhile Ava is on the run or whatever, maybe later on she cuts some other sleazy deal or suffers for what she did in some different way for a while but for now she's lurking on the fringes, and so that leaves wacky, metro-ass Julian as the new reigning power.

Honestly, I've never understood why Julian would want to team up with Ava anyway. She's the type of person who murders a woman for stupid reasons and then fucks up your organization by "falling in love" with some dumb kid she was screwing.

• Love 1

So, while I was getting my groceries today I happened to see the headline of either SOD or SID.  It said something like, "As Sam & Patrick Make Love For the First Time, Jason Remembers Who He Is".  Which is trite as all hell, but there you go.

• Love 1

So, while I was getting my groceries today I happened to see the headline of either SOD or SID.  It said something like, "As Sam & Patrick Make Love For the First Time, Jason Remembers Who He Is".  Which is trite as all hell, but there you go.

Those mags always exaggerate, man. Because that already happened. And Jason didn't remember who he is. He had flashes of Sam's hands and had a talk with imaginary Robin.

Jason better fucking remember Robin is out there and needs rescuing.  That's all I have to say .... [grumble, grumble] ....

This is really all I care about at this point. The story starts when Jason remembers everything aka Robin.

• Love 1

Now to hear that those 4 will get to walk for the various kidnappings, murders and assaults because they save the governor's daughter.  I could understand it for a non violent crime, but 2 of them are in jail for actually murdering innocent people, and the other for kidnapping a newborn.Can someone point me to cases where that actually happened? That you get a free pass for murder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/haley-barbour-pardons-dav_n_1194466.html

• Love 1

I think Jakeson also had a couple flashes of Sam's voice. Whatever, he needs his memory, the Luke crap needs to be done, and the Pentonville Party need to go back to jail.

Yes, there were some snippets of convos between him and Sam. And I agree with all.

Franco will probably claim that this wasn't the first time Heather injected him with LSD, so he'll be set free…again.

How come when Heather was injected with LAD she saw hallucantions but when olivia did she could see into the future lol.

I like psychic Olivia. I kind of miss that, actually. But the actress is off the show for a while for her pregnancy, right?

I miss Psychic!Olivia and her visions.  They were great for moving plot along.

• Love 2

Sneak Peek of Monday (Sam and Jakeson discussing the dollar store trinket)

Good god Sam, McDonald's has a drive thru and I'm sure as long as Danny is in the car they'll give you another fucking phoenix toy.

• Love 4