Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I wouldn't be surprised, but given how her last stint went I wouldn't blame her at ALL for wanting major control.

Oh absolutely.  Anthony Geary isn't the only actor that should have his ass kissed.  He isn't a soap "icon" on his own.  

• Love 3

I don't think either one is BH.  The second one is obviously not her, since she's not returning.  As for the first one, she's a lifer, she's ridden out long stints on the back burner without complaint, and she has no obvious ambition to do anything else.  She's perfectly content.  Right now, she's working with RiH, and, from what I remember, he's one of her favorite co-stars, so she wouldn't be fed up now.  (And, hell, this is the most air time she's had since JJ took a powder). My guess for that is someone who has shown a willingness to leave roles when they weren't happy in the past - like MSt.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 4

I think it's MSt and Vanessa Marcil if I had to guess. I don't think Roger Howarth signed on for more than recurring. Or they have something else planned for him that wouldn't put Franco and Nina together.

*Referring to interviews where Frank/Ron/RH confirmed that Roger wasn't leaving, and a seperate interview where MSt said Roger was one of her fav leading men ever and gushed over him.

• Love 1

Who leaked the items? If it's Jamey Giddens and it's about GH, most likely it came from Ron and/or Frank. They used to give them stuff all the time. DC is a press organ for them.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's Genie, in that case. They tried to put her - her! - in the Lucy/Felicia/Mac/Bobbie rotation, basically. We can nuance it in that they apparently offered her short contracts or something, but to me it's basically the same deal. And I get that different people have different takes on Genie's range or ability or worth but I think she has been consistently undervalued since well before she left the first time in '02. I think she's more than within her rights to demand something more substantive both story and contract-wise, especially if Tony Geary is really slowing down. You will need someone to anchor that show if Luke starts dipping out for good, and that should be Laura. I'm not saying Genie is a flawless goddess of soaps and hasn't made mistakes, but she and the Laura character both deserve better than they've gotten. Period.

I don't think Roger Howarth signed on for more than recurring.

What? No. Roger Howarth is on contract. He has always been on contract. Believe me, I wish his ass was recurring or worse.

• Love 14

I'm not saying they would reveal the source - I wasn't clear at first whether the item came from Daytime Confidential or elsewhere. In the past soap sites like DC got info directly from GH, so that colors my take on how the show might frame info they want leaked (for example, about an actress they want to brand as "a diva" for wanting certain things from a return).

It's Blind Gossip so it could be anyone anywhere, of course.

• Love 1

Ah gotcha. I think that the first one is still MSt though. I've been hearing so many rumors of how she's hiding at GH till JFP gets fired. Then I heard she may go to B&B. She's full of drama, so I'm a tad surprised that Frank was into signing her to begin with. I do think something had to have happened with her having a story with Roger. Either his story or status is changing /changed and she's pissed. Because a month or so ago, he was the bestest co star ever and she was all about scenes with him. And I've seen MSt when she's not happy. It's scary.

I still want Roger Howarth to write that book of all the soap backstage stuff he's seen and heard. Dude never talks he must know all.

• Love 1

I don't think Stafford's going anywhere, as much as I'd like her to. I have seen no indication that her story with Franco has changed or stopped. They're going full speed ahead and sadly I believe he just re-signed.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I don't think Stafford's going anywhere, as much as I'd like her to. I have seen no indication that her story with Franco has changed or stopped. They're going full speed ahead and sadly I believe he just re-signed.

I thought it was funny too when I read somewhere that MSt wanted to go back eventually to play Phyllis on Y&R. Honestly I think that GT has done a great job in the role and is there to stay.

• Love 2

I can't think of any GH leading lady that would be unhappy unless it is LW and she's unhappy. Then again, that would make sense. It's written with the word "diva", but that could mean an unhappy actress. Carly has been recast 4 times, she recently lost a leading man she publicly fought to get that was huge failure. Her new lead is MB, but they're not together. She won't be with Billy Miller. Her old love interest is back, but he won't cross paths with her. The one real shot she had at a great love intrest was SK, who was fired. Shouldn't have jumped on the Roger train- and I'm a Roger fan. Now there's MSt who's in the show, primed to basically take her "spot", with MW ready to take her accolades. And Carly just became a grandma. LW isn't old at all. She's goregous and talented. I'd bet that most of the pro-Roger speak came at the prodding of Ron/Frank because they know the guy is so private he won't do interviews. (I'm sure he's a nice person. He's one of a handful of actors that I've never heard anything bad about. ) If Ron/Frank are dumb enough to not make her happy, I see some other soap gladly picking her up. And I definitely see the returning "diva" using this to get her way.

I could see LW wanting out. Carly's relationship with Franco killed the character. The fact that she's a grandma now is ridiculous. I'll bet LW was pissed when they starting SORAS-ing Carly's kids. I wouldn't blame her.

And LW's probably dreading the next time Heather escapes and tries to kidnap Carly in some embarrassing scenario.

• Love 1

I don't think it's any big conspiracy. I think that stuff is always profoundly overblown by fans for positive or negative reasons. LW talked up Roger Howarth because she liked him and because it was good for her place on the show - I felt Guza (and Wolf) had kind of come to take her and Carly for granted as sort of the town busybody but segued her off into somewhat less of a leading role, particularly with Jax. Aligning herself with the new showrunners' interests and talking up her pairing with Howarth/Todd was just good business, it brought her character back into a central focus. No way was LW the one who made Ron and Frank put her with RH. No one in the cast makes those two do anything - no one. They came in there with that idea as part of their crossover plan, and they executed it; LW simply attached herself to it. And when they dropped it, so did she.

Yeah, I sometimes find her commentary a bit overbearing, but that is LW. That's how she's always worked. And as for the overall strategy, regardless of her technique in the press, that is what any working soap actress in this business would do, and Laura Wright has walked away from three cancelled or soon-to-be-cancelled soaps with her career solid. She knows how to play that game. They all rally their fanbases, they all boost themselves, they all work the press and the fan events. It's how you keep your longevity in that business. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, though you hear a few stories about her over the years - but again, I can't judge that. Wright also knew when to walk away from the pairing with Franco. Because ultimately, the cold, hard fact is this: Unless they decide to bring back Sarah or Tamara Braun (which I would not mind), GH needs and will continue to need Carly and LW as part of the core firmament of the past couple decades. I see no sign whatsoever of Carly being x'ed out or removed altogether in favor of anyone else - that's a character they will not be writing out, period. They could marginalize her again like Guza did at times, but I don't think they're in danger of doing that. Instead, they've moved her back into a central focus with Sonny and the family, and while Sonny and Carly are stale, they are also fairly popular with a large segment of the audience, and the fact that their drama has largely been centered not on them as lovers but on their entire family and the ramifications of their choices means that Carly's character remains versatile.

I'm sure TPTB know Carly's innate value to the canvas and I am sure they have no plans to drop her, whoever plays her. But as of now, LW is a team player, she will obviously take the hits in terms of money or story that others might not, and she will sell anything. That's why I never quite bought it when people said oh, Maura West is here, Michelle Stafford is here, Laura Wright better look out. Not really. Those characters may be passing fascinations for GH TPTB, but Carly is a third rail.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Or kidnap her. Ooh, maybe Sam and Robin will be held captive together! Then they can save each other, and come back to Port Charles. Sam can hold Patrick down while Robin kicks him in the balls repeatedly.

Oh, I wish. Unfortunately, I only see Sam bitching at Robin when she finally returns to town aka when Ron's ready to use "the vet" to blow up everyone's lives.

Patrick will be beside himself, frantic to rescue... Sam.

This is about two divas. One leading lady wants out, like yesterday. Writers are scrambling to figure out if they should recast or just put her GH character out of it's misery.

Jane Elliot.

• Love 1

Oh, God. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I can see them doing her like Hillary B. Smith on OLTL, too - where they actually put Nora (who had been a leading heroine since 1993) in a "contract coma," which is something we often hear about but IMO rarely see, for many, many months, poised to kill her off until the actress appealed to the head of the network (yes, Brian Frons). Fluke poisons Tracy and Tracy is sent off to Switzerland for treatment or something. But I can't see them really pulling that trigger, ever. Of course I didn't think Frank's OLTL would do it to HBS, and they were ready to. (If they had killed her character, I would've walked away from OLTL and not gone back.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I think Jane is going to leave at this point. I think if she were going to leave over character issues she would have done it under Guza. How long can her contracts be, anyway? I doubt longer than two years. If she wants to leave she'll probably wait it out. And Finola's contract I think is up right about now.

I get that logic and I can agree with it, but I also can't see Finola walking for some reason. She's an actress of a certain age who is also the chief of police on an action-oriented show - how unhappy can she be? I'd be shocked and pissed if that happened. Whereas they've merely neglected Anna recently, they seem to have gone out of their way to make Tracy into a Dorian Lord-esque camp buffoon in a way that I don't think even Bob Guza quite did to her. Especially with this Fluke mess, which has just reset itself again.

I don't think GH would ever, ever recast Tracy - Frank hates to do that with big soap stars or legends. But I can see her getting put on ice.

• Love 3

I don't think they'd need to do that - I think it's plausible that Tracy would just be like "enough is enough" and leave town. But these are the people are passing around Robin like a hot potato for an exit story, so who knows.

I get that logic and I can agree with it, but I also can't see Finola walking for some reason.

Oh no I agree, I just meant I don't think the blind item is her because she wouldn't need to be desperate to get out, because her contract is up soon and she can go if she wants.

Edited by ulkis

They might do a temp recast of Tracy to finish out this riveting (snerk) Fluke story. Oh, who am I kidding, that story will never end.

FH probably has less reason to be annoyed, I would agree, but she may be wondering what the hell is the plan for Anna at this point ... the cops aren't allowed to solve anything, the Robin stuff is so goddamn stupid and makes everyone look stupid, and they broke up Duke and Anna and basically ruined that big historic romance. I doubt TR is coming back any time soon. I doubt she'd be psyched to do the millionth rendition of Faison messing with Anna's life.

But yeah, the good money is on JE or LW I think. Probably JE - they've been writing Tracy as a downtrodden fool for years now.

Edited by SlovakPrincess

I think Tristan Rogers may have just re-signed at Y&R, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything to Chuck Pratt, who I can see icing him for a crime or disaster story in a minute.

Laura Wright will leave this show feet-first. That's not happening, AFAIC. That's assuming the item is a) real and b) about GH.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

You're right. Oh there's one woman that if Ron/Frank sucked up to they could recast Tracy Q with. Robin Strasser. She's red headed, will play the grand dame role, and I think her beef was with Frons. But those are negotiations I'd love to be a fly on the wall for. Unless they recast with Jess Walton. But that'd piss people off. RS might not so much. Both actresses have played roles that they're recasts of- Dorian and Jill. So if this is it (and yes both these blinds are listed GH specific) then that's a huge clue. Because it specifically says "unhappy" and "recast".

Ron and Frank could try, but I don't think - assuming this blind item refers to GH - recasting Tracy Q would fly. At all. Jane Elliot has been on (and off) the show since the '70s. And Robin Strasser is too...out there...to be Tracy Q, anyway.

And I think if JE has had enough of Ron's crap, she'd just bolt, not make demands.

I don't think Frank would ever want to recast Tracy. He doesn't like recasting big roles like that. It would have to be some major emergency, and they could sooner find a way to write Tracy out offscreen.

Robin Strasser... has a complicated relationship with any of her former PTB, I think. But those guys did love her and put up with her mess for years, just as she did with some of their messy choices and writing. I think they love her but I am not 100% sure they would call her for this, if they had to, which they don't. She also just passive-aggressively blasted Ron on Twitter, but they're used to that. Robin praises and jabs in equal measure at just about anyone and everyone, except a few of her costars (Erika Slezak, Kassie DePaiva, etc.). But she knows FV brought her back and kept her at OLTL until almost the end, and that he was almost certainly willing to bring her back online.

Edited by jsbt

This is why we can't have blind item fun.

Last time I'm explaining this blind. It's on blind Gossip.com. Yes, it's specifically stated General Hospital, so no question this is about GH. The blind states GH. It's about two actresses. They are referred to as "divas". One divas is on the show, is a leading lady and hates it. Do the writers put her out of misery or recast? Second "diva" is returning this year. She has a huge fanbase and is dictating her storyline, including who will and will not be her love intrests.

So we have a potential recast and a returning popular female character. The returning character is making demands. The probable recast is miserable.

And go.....

• Love 1

Well since the GH one states a lead that they can't decide to recast or not I certainly don't think it is MSt. Where her character is right now and the newness of Nina there would be no questions writing her out would be easy. Plus MSt isn't a diva. Many people who dislike her blow things out of proportion but when she left Y&R she was very private and professional and never said a bad word about anyone until well after she had left. MSt always gives great kudos to any actor she shares screen time with and will play up which ever couple the show currently wants her to push. She is very private about any contract talks and never lets that bleed into media until it is offically out there. Plus I don't think Nina is a lead yet. She might be evenally but I don't see it now.

My bet would be LW. I don't even think FH or JE are really leads just play legacy characters for a long time, though I could see either wanting to leave b/c they SHOULD be leads but aren't really anymore. I just can't imagine Ron would dare to recast either of those if he won't even recast Robin.

• Love 1

I don't think Frank would ever want to recast Tracy. He doesn't like recasting big roles like that. It would have to be some major emergency, and they could sooner find a way to write Tracy out offscreen.

Robin Strasser... has a complicated relationship with any of her former PTB, I think. But those guys did love her and put up with her mess for years, just as she did with some of their messy choices and writing. I think they love her but I am not 100% sure they would call her for this, if they had to, which they don't. She also just passive-aggressively blasted Ron on Twitter, but they're used to that. Robin praises and jabs in equal measure at just about anyone and everyone, except a few of her costars (Erika Slezak, Kassie DePaiva, etc.). But she knows FV brought her back and kept her at OLTL until almost the end, and that he was almost certainly willing to bring her back online.

Yeah, Robin is like that aunt who speaks rather bluntly sometimes and gets her nose bent out of shape with you here and there, but she still loves you. If Frank offered her work, she'd most likely take it. 

• Love 2

Nina has over 1.5 years left on her contract.

Jane is not on the screen much (and a silent curse to y'all who put her name out there for consideration).  Unfortunately, the actress in question voiced her displeasure with her storyline so it very well could be her (then again - it could be any number of females on the show).

• Love 1

Btw.....

Blind Gossip is talking GH again.

This is about two divas. One leading lady wants out, like yesterday. Writers are scrambling to figure out if they should recast or just put her GH character out of it's misery.

This soap diva's major fan base has gone to her head. She has crazy stipulations for her 2015 return. Look for her to be dictating which love intrests she has/won't have and her entire storyline.

Hopefully the first item is about Michelle Stafford.  I want her gone and her character completely forgotten.  She should have never been brought on this show.

As for the second item, it sounds more like Vanessa Marcil than Genie Francis.  I could understand either one demanding input wrt story/love interests and insisting on stipulations, given how they've both been screwed over in the past, but I wouldn't characterize GF as a diva with the implied over-inflated sense of herself.  So I think it's VM.

• Love 5

Hopefully the first item is about Michelle Stafford.  I want her gone and her character completely forgotten.  She should have never been brought on this show.

As for the second item, it sounds more like Vanessa Marcil than Genie Francis.  I could understand either one demanding input wrt story/love interests and insisting on stipulations, given how they've both been screwed over in the past, but I wouldn't characterize GF as a diva with the implied over-inflated sense of herself.  So I think it's VM.

I hope you are right about MSt and wrong about VM. I think MSt sucks so hard they have to pump oxygen into whatever room she's in. And if I never see VM back, I'd be grateful because the stutter barking, hyena laughing drugged out zombie she was in her last appearance needs never to be seen again.  It also pains me to look at the mess she's made of her face, she's rapidly approaching JZ levels of horror.

• Love 3

I've always wondered if her ex, Brian Austin Green, marrying and having kids with Megan Fox had anything to do with VM's um transformation. (I admit BAG and MF are one of my fav celeb couples, sad as it sounds.)

I'd not want Brenda back only because I don't think Sonny deserves a reward of Brenda kissing his ass after he killed AJ, especially since he's killed him. I wish GF would be like "You need me for this crazy Fluke story? Well, I want this, this, and this!" But I don't see her doing that. She seems so nice.

• Love 1

She would absolutely do that. She's nice, but she's tired I'm sure of not being as valued as Tony Geary, and she's also in a position of being able to dictate since she doesn't need GH money-wise.

• Love 4

I was reading the comments on that blind, and a few people suggested KMc as the answer to the second blind.  If that's the case, then I see it less "diva" and more "sick of Ron's shit."  Can't say I blame her for not wanting to trash her character.  

Also, a few mentions of the JMB return rumor.  Is that really a thing?  

Side note: One of the comments is from someone who says they live in MSt's neighborhood, and she's a raging bitch.  Why does this not surprise me? 

• Love 3

I hope you are right about MSt and wrong about VM. I think MSt sucks so hard they have to pump oxygen into whatever room she's in. And if I never see VM back, I'd be grateful because the stutter barking, hyena laughing drugged out zombie she was in her last appearance needs never to be seen again.  It also pains me to look at the mess she's made of her face, she's rapidly approaching JZ levels of horror.

Oh I totally agree about not wanting VM back.  During her heyday I felt like the only person on the planet that didn't like her.  And, as you say, she becomes worse with every return.  I'd much rather have Genie back - and would have so preferred her to Tony Geary all these years - but I just have a hard time picturing her as a diva with unrealistic demands that the blind item describes.  But, hey, if it is, good for her.  This show has screwed her over so many times, she earned the right to be a hard ass.

• Love 3

As I mentioned above, the obvious choice to me for the potential recast is JE. 

The only one I can think of as the returnee is KMc, although there is an outside chance it could be VM or GF.  Robin Christopher maybe?  RC could be planning to re-build the Q's.

Edited by yowsah1

I have feeling, considering how RC/FV tend to fuck over actors for making reasonable requests (a raise, knowing if they will have a job for the next year) I am wager that Genie is making reasonable considering her history with the show. 

• Love 1

So Tristan Rogers tweeted...he's signed on to Y&R for another year.

‏@tristanrogers I am at Y&R for another year. Doesn't mean I won't do other stuff. But my mind is there and I want to make it prominent in daytime..
  • Love 2

Damn. Even he's like Ron sucks. That's a sick burn. The only prominent crap actor they've gotten rid of was Burton. And then it return they took Billy Miller and a lot of gray paint and tons of shrieking and baggage.

Whomever is getting recast has to be a leading lady that Batman and Robin have a game plan for so it's whatevs. They seem to be more concerned with returning lady. Poor Mo. Ron snowed you too.

Genie has been sick and tired of not getting equal parity with TG for years and years. She is neither America's sweetheart nor a witch. People's opinions on her and her behavior vary (especially in the '90s), but she absolutely would come in with specific requests, especially after her 2002 exit and last time. She was even talking about it on Oprah a year or two before she returned to GH, right before her Y&R run - how she would only play Laura again if Laura wasn't a doormat or put upon, etc. I think they promised her a lot last time but didn't deliver, and in true Frank Valentini fashion, cynically gambled that she wouldn't go anywhere else because where is she gonna go? Thing is, her husband Jonathan Frakes makes pretty decent money as a director of TV and such; she may not be a megastar but she has that family income and her little Hallmark movies and such, she doesn't need the show.

Whether or not her demands are excessive, I can absolutely see the show painting her as such in the press, because Frank and Ron often react badly when actors attempt to infringe on their vision, wherein 90% of characters are basically factory sausage links for plot.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

Genie has been sick and tired of not getting equal parity with TG for years and years. She is neither America's sweetheart nor a witch. People's opinions on her and her behavior vary (especially in the '90s), but she absolutely would come in with specific requests, especially after her 2002 exit and last time. She was even talking about it on Oprah a year or two before she returned to GH, right before her Y&R run - how she would only play Laura again if Laura wasn't a doormat or put upon, etc. I think they promised her a lot last time but didn't deliver, and in true Frank Valentini fashion, cynically gambled that she wouldn't go anywhere else because where is she gonna go? Thing is, her husband Jonathan Frakes makes pretty decent money as a director of TV and such; she may not be a megastar but she has that family income and her little Hallmark movies and such, she doesn't need the show.

Whether or not her demands are excessive, I can absolutely see the show painting her as such in the press, because Frank and Ron often react badly when actors attempt to infringe on their vision, wherein 90% of characters are basically factory sausage links for plot.

Additionally, her husband probably makes enough money in royalties alone from Star Trek: The Next Generation to keep them comfortable for the rest of their lives. Anything else is gravy.

• Love 4