Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Really this is best for her as well, she clearly does not have the talent to break into prime time or even go further in the dieing Soap Medium, she is young enough to go to college and get a degree and a job. Now that she is done with my show, I wish her the best

• Love 2

I"m as shocked by KA leaving as I was by Kim Matula leaving B&B.  Both actresses seemed to have cush gigs on both shows.  But I don't blame KA for leaving.  The writing isn't there for her really.  This show seems more invested in the 40 year old plus crowd than really focusing on the younger set.  She and Chad Duell are pretty much supporting players in Ava and Sonny's story (or in CD's case now - Luke's story).  That has to get boring for an actor (no matter how good or bad they are).

• Love 1
Why are we assuming Kiki is dead? It just said KA is out. They could easily recast.

Rumor has it the AJ clinic will be bombed during the opening/groundbreaking, whatever, and that a major character bites the dust. People were speculating Sabrina, but this fits much better.

I don't think Kiki will die. She'll probably be recast most likely. Again, just a rumor.

• Love 1

If they want teen, there are two actresses on Degrassi they can poach now (it's been done before, hi Nina Dobrev) and two fairly recentish alumni that would be great and one alumni that would be amazing and would be the right age. Degrassi goes for casting actual teens, so their alumni are young adults. Cassie Steele, former Manny, would be great as Serena or Christina even though she's not blonde.

I love her! I don't know if I want her for those roles, but I think she'd do well on GH.

• Love 1
Rumor has it the AJ clinic will be bombed during the opening/groundbreaking, whatever, and that a major character bites the dust. People were speculating Sabrina, but this fits much better.

Wow they really are milking the AJ thing aren't they?  Its a shame SK doesn't see residuals for the amount of time they use the character even without him being on the show.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think Kiki will die. She'll probably be recast most likely. Again, just a rumor.

Ugh, why are they bombing housing, Alexis house and now the reprised Spencer house. Too many don't gave a home or leave in MC as is.

The bombing could be why they are using the house set vs the Waterfront clinic set Nic opened a couple years ago.

I'm so happy KA is out. She brought her scenes and scene partners down.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

I don't want Kiki to die, especially at the AJ clinic because then Micheal will forgive Carly/Sonny somehow and that's bullshit. I'd rather a recast because then Micheal would stay a Quartermaine. And there'd be no Kiki Square.

Wasn't she rumored to be Coma Baby? We will know if the recast if there is one bares a resemblance to MSt or is a MSt pick or "friend" or redhead.

I never thought KA would leave voluntarily or be fired by FV/RC which ever you believe. I wonder if she'll end up on ABC Family or Hallmark with Ali Sweeney. KA does have a following and I'm sure some cable network would hire her. She just has a weird look. She's cute but too old for a teen & not sexy enough for Pretty Little Liars. That said, I've seen her interviewed a lot & she seems like the nicest person. She was never going to be a great actress but she works hard & isn't a trouble maker. Hopefully, she'll finf something that makes her happy. Maybe, she'll go to DOOL & replace the actress playing Kassie DePavia's daughter.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
I don't want Kiki to die, especially at the AJ clinic because then Micheal will forgive Carly/Sonny somehow

Why would those things be linked? Because Michael would be emotionally vulnerable and needs his parents' support? Fuck, I can see that happening. 

• Love 1

I see zero reason for them to recast Kiki and I don't think they'll do it.

I see one big reason, she's one of only two young female they've bothered to focus on and write for a good year and a half now, the other being Rosalie even though her age has never really been nailed down.

They've actually put a lot of work into Kiki and while that probably was due to how much they liked KA, Kiki is still an established character with ties to about half the town by now, unfortunately.

I see one big reason, she's one of only two young female they've bothered to focus on and write for a good year and a half now, the other being Rosalie even though her age has never really been nailed down.

They've actually put a lot of work into Kiki and while that probably was due to how much they liked KA, Kiki is still an established character with ties to about half the town by now, unfortunately.

I don't think they've put any work into Kiki at all. She has zero character and no life. Her main character trait is "attracted to Michael, most of the time." Oh, and "lying for no reason whatsoever."

• Love 12

Kiki really did know everyone's secret. It was almost all of her storyline(s). She would overhear a conversation & then not tell the other person the "secret". Which inturn was sort of weird because it wasn't really her storyline but she would end up in everyone else's plotline by virtue of hearing & knowing all of the secrets. It was like KA would have a storyline by proxy of the bigger storyline. Maybe, she got bored with it all. She's been working in soaps since she was 6 years old. Sister needs a break. LOL!!!

• Love 1

I don't think they've put any work into Kiki at all. She has zero character and no life. Her main character trait is "attracted to Michael, most of the time." Oh, and "lying for no reason whatsoever."

When I say "work" I mean everything they did to interject and force her onto this canvas since the beginning./ First she was with Morgan, then it was Michael, then she was Franco's kid, then she was Silas' daughter, etc. 

They have done everything but tattoo her initials onto half the characters' asses to make her "fit" into this show and make her matter. That was my point.

She's beyond a useless character who never had a point or purpose, but that appears to be the exact sort of character they cling to most, such as those like Sabrina, Felix, the Nina, Franco, etc.

• Love 2
Kiki is still an established character with ties to about half the town by now, unfortunately.

She has all these ties, but they don't mean anything. As I wrote in another thread, she doesn't even need an exit story. Who would miss her? She lifts right out! /Friends

• Love 3

She has all these ties, but they don't mean anything. As I wrote in another thread, she doesn't even need an exit story. Who would miss her? She lifts right out! /Friends

When it comes to Ron and Frank and what matters to them I can't even begin to guess.

They don't care about the characters with actual history with GH, with actual ties to the entire show for decades, they do everything the opposite of what I'd imagine those who truly care about GH would do so keeping Kiki would just fall right in line with that.

She's a nonsense, pointless character with no real reason to still be on the show, or to even have been created in the first place so that sounds right up their alley as a character to spare and keep feeding screen time to.

The thing is they didn't really tie Kiki into anything. Her mother is probably doing 30 to life, her father is barely still employed by the show himself. She has never had a job. She has no friends. It's as though they thought their adoration for the actress and their OLTL fanbase's residual affection for Starr Manning would make this whole thing happen. They worked much harder with Silas and Franco early on, and are still desperately trying with Franco. They've never tried with Kiki at all. It actually astounds me.

• Love 6

And of course you know AJ equals bad.

BECAUSE HE WAS FAT!!!

I know you townies and wimmins ain't too bright, but remember:

Rape, murder, and electroshock therapy = good

Fat = evilest evil that ever eviled in the history of evil

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 8

I was actually wondering if Kiki ends up moving somewhere with the baby, to get away from Nina or something.

That'd also get a baby we don't need around out of town.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

The thing is they didn't really tie Kiki into anything. Her mother is probably doing 30 to life, her father is barely still employed by the show himself. She has never had a job. She has no friends. It's as though they thought their adoration for the actress and their OLTL fanbase's residual affection for Starr Manning would make this whole thing happen. They worked much harder with Silas and Franco early on, and are still desperately trying with Franco. They've never tried with Kiki at all. It actually astounds me.

And yet it still took KA leaving to even bring up the possibility of Kiki exiting the show, there hasn't even been a whiff, a hint of a Kiki exit.

The actual facts about Kiki and her conception or time on the show just don't matter to Frank and Ron. When have they ever about any character?

They do whatever the hell they want to, however they want to, whenever, wherever. I've yet to see them do anything based on logic, it's all about what they want and how they want things done and what brings in ratings.

Kiki didn't chase viewers away, that much I am aware of and so are they. They get away with their crap because they haven't yet lost the viewers necessary to force their hands, if anything GH is in an up swinging among the remaining soaps, as sad and incredulous as I find that.

Frankly any persons who believe a serial killer/rapist should be, or even could be, martyred and redeemed already have enough screws loose that reason doesn't really factor into their decision making.

• Love 1
Why would those things be linked? Because Michael would be emotionally vulnerable and needs his parents' support? Fuck, I can see that happening.

And that would make Michael look the fool - because you know they supported him so well when AJ died.

The whole AJ clinic bombing irritates because as has been said - AJ equals bad.  Nothing good can be linked to him.  Isn't enough that like one person gave a damn that he died?  

• Love 1

Not to rain on everyone's parade...but just because KA is leaving doesn't mean she can't come back. As long as Ron and/or Frank are here she will probably always have a job here if she wants it.

People have already brought that point up, so the parade's already been rained on. Don't worry LeftPhalange you're not telling anyone what they don't already know :)

Edited by ulkis
Not to rain on everyone's parade...but just because KA is leaving doesn't mean she can't come back. As long as Ron and/or Frank are here she will probably always have a job here if she wants it.

Even a six-month absence is better than nothing, in my book.

• Love 5
Kiki didn't chase viewers away, that much I am aware of and so are they. They get away with their crap because they haven't yet lost the viewers necessary to force their hands, if anything GH is in an up swinging among the remaining soaps, as sad and incredulous as I find that.

Well, it is not the fault of any particular character but GH's ratings hit new lows in key demos last week.

Can they change her paternity again?

To what end?

I want her to leave with little fanfare. They've wasted enough precious screen time on her already.

• Love 6

They're going to give KA an exit story. They want to keep CD happy. He can act and cat go easily to B&B (Sean Kanan's character has a son and you damn right Brad Bell would cast him. Chad would fit right in with Steffy/Aly/Ivy/Not Dillon/Dude from Sports Show/Yelly Lucky/ Brown Penny/Brooke/etc) Also they still don't hate KA. They won't kill her off via crane, chandym, cake, random thing. She's either getting recast or dying a tragic death via Fluke/his people. Kiki always did know too damn much. She will hear something and Fluke will actually kill someone. It was rumored for a while to be Jordan, but it's probably Kiki. So Fluke gets an actual body count and looks bad ass. Oooh. And if they choose to bring KA back, well it's a soap. People never die. Hi, Jason. However did the docks treat you?

And anyone who thinks they don't want to anger CD is mistaken imo. He's gotten multiple Emmy noms, is liked by the cast and fans, can act, and probably doesn't really ask for much. They have no reason to diss KA. I also ddon't think BC is going anywhere for a while. Ron loves his Cain/Abel shit. It's why I think we are bound to get AJ back sooner or later. If Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan can mend fences, anyone can.

Imo Roger will leave once his contract ends. ME will be the last one standing.

• Love 2

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure they'll try and spin this that she chose to leave, Kiki was super popular, it's a blow to the show, blah blah blah.

But who cares...BYE KIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chad Duell already tweeted that her leaving is her choice.

Kassie de Paiva said she hopes that KA can come to Days.

And anyone who thinks they don't want to anger CD is mistaken imo. He's gotten multiple Emmy noms, is liked by the cast and fans, can act, and probably doesn't really ask for much. They have no reason to diss KA.

Chad didn't know Kristen until these guys brought her onboard. They are responsible for the forming of that RL relationship. I'm sure they still love Kristen as they have since she was seven, since they've kept her employed well beyond when they ever should have. They rarely bend story or plot even for people they love and have worked with for years. There is very, very little likelihood that they're going to say, "oh, shit, we better not offend Chad Duell - let's make sure Kiki gets a good exit!" I love Chad and I think he's been doing good work but he has absolutely zero power or clout with those two. He just doesn't. He is not some heavy hitter or incredibly popular soap star. He's a very young guy on a soap contract who's happy to be there, and he is disposable to them. That's it. If they kill Kiki it will be to cause angst for Michael and Morgan, but it will have nothing to do with what they want Chad to think. It will be about them and their plot.

Roger Howarth just re-signed his contract, I believe, though I didn't know as quickly as I'd hoped since the skies didn't rain blood as I thought they would to mark the day. Michael Easton is reaching the end of his. If there is one of the characters we will be stuck with to the last, it will be the worst of them all.

Kassie de Paiva said she hopes that KA can come to Days.

I love Kassie DePaiva to death and I know she's only saying it because she adores KA IRL but I say this with love: Kassie DePaiva, shut the fuck up.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

Ron and Frank adore KA, they do care about certain people.  It's pilot season until spring. If she wants to return after that they'd gladly bring her back.  Everyone that chooses to try other things aren't doing it because they have issues with Ron and Frank. Kelly wanted to try other things, Brandon wanted to try other things, Bradford wanted to try other things. Now when Bradford and Brandon want back on they're welcomed. 

• Love 1

It's a little different. Bradford is popular with a fair amount of the GH audience that pre-dates Ron and Frank (as is Brandon Barash), and since his departure Bradford been reduced to working as a Lyft driver. He's an easy get and an easy win for the show.

Kristen is popular with, uh, Ron and Frank and teen girls who have grown out of the now-cancelled OLTL and stopped watching soaps. Kiki has been wildly unpopular. If it's also true that they had to fight the network to keep her this long, and I suspect it is (the network can't have been thrilled with the entire OLTL 3 switcheroo, either), I don't think Ron and Frank will ever be able to get her back on contract again. She's done. It's not the unemployment office.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

They're going to give KA an exit story. They want to keep CD happy. He can act and cat go easily to B&B (Sean Kanan's character has a son and you damn right Brad Bell would cast him. Chad would fit right in with Steffy/Aly/Ivy/Not Dillon/Dude from Sports Show/Yelly Lucky/ Brown Penny/Brooke/etc) Also they still don't hate KA. They won't kill her off via crane, chandym, cake, random thing. She's either getting recast or dying a tragic death via Fluke/his people. Kiki always did know too damn much. She will hear something and Fluke will actually kill someone. It was rumored for a while to be Jordan, but it's probably Kiki. So Fluke gets an actual body count and looks bad ass. Oooh. And if they choose to bring KA back, well it's a soap. People never die. Hi, Jason. However did the docks treat you?

And anyone who thinks they don't want to anger CD is mistaken imo. He's gotten multiple Emmy noms, is liked by the cast and fans, can act, and probably doesn't really ask for much. They have no reason to diss KA. I also ddon't think BC is going anywhere for a while. Ron loves his Cain/Abel shit. It's why I think we are bound to get AJ back sooner or later. If Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan can mend fences, anyone can.

I think Easton is out next.

• Love 2

I meant, I don't think Ron/Frank will be all "f you" to Kristen nor Chad by randomly killing Kiki offscreen. She will get a big exit story. I do think Chad has a good enough reel to go to any of the remaining soaps and get cast. So he's got leverage somewhat. I especially think they wouldn't want him at B&B. I also don't think Roger Howarth signed a long contract. He's very reminiscent of 2002 when he wanted out. But who knows?