Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

(edited)

I like to root for the older HGs but the undercover cop says his favorite player is Boogie. Done. Scottie's fav is Evel Dick? Sigh. 

I refuse to use any of their nicknames ( Swaggy C? Rockstar?) but Chris with the photographic memory might be interesting in some of the counting/memory comps. I have a terrible memory, so I'm kind of jealous of that skill, lol.

I think the lifeguard might be ok.

I am guessing Scottie or Angie might be first boots.

I'm already annoyed by Angie's bio.

I need to watch the interviews, but I'm a little frustrated by the casting cliches once again. 

I'll still be watching. Sigh.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 2
(edited)

This is quite of a meh looking cast. They actually might need vets to come in. They look like they were the reject pile that were dropped in previous seasons. There is something missing. I can't put my finger on it. The nearest hot male model, jock, stud is Winston Hines and he's 28! He's practically at retirement age for BB. LOL!!! He looks like he is scared in BB photo. There are some pretty girls but I can't really tell from their headshots.

Oooops! I looked further down the list and I see Brett Robinson (25). I guess he is the jock for the season. He's still isn't up to snuff of previous eye candies.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't hate Tyler on sight like I expected to. I liked Bayleigh, especially when she said she doesn't know anything about men lol, but I would bet like at least 10 bucks that she will go very early.

The beautiful, ultra-conservative black woman usually leaves after about a month in, right? And they always have a complete mental breakdown on the feeds.

25 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

This is quite of a meh looking cast. They actually might need vets to come in. They look like they were the reject pile that were dropped in previous seasons. There is something missing. I can't put my finger on it. The nearest hot male model, jock, stud is Winston Hines and he's 28! He's practically at retirement age for BB. LOL!!! He looks like he is scared in BB photo. There are some pretty girls but I can't really tell from their headshots.

Oooops! I looked further down the list and I see Brett Robinson (25). I guess he is the jock for the season. He's still isn't up to snuff of previous eye candies.

I think Faysal is "the jock" this year.

Yeah, this is a very "normal" looking group of guys. But so was last year's, TBH, they were just buff. None of these guys seem to be "ripped" except the little one, JC.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

There hasn't been a really attractive guy since Kaysar imo. 

He must be really old now. That seems like a lifetime ago. I remember there was gif or meme (I don't even know if I'm using the right term. I am so not hip or with it) of him in the bathroom. Too funny!

Found it. https://makeagif.com/gif/marcellas-wants-to-kiss-kaysar-big-brother-7-Uxk2ov

Edited by ByaNose
36 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

He must be really old now. That seems like a lifetime ago. I remember there was gif or meme (I don't even know if I'm using the right term. I am so not hip or with it) of him in the bathroom. Too funny!

Found it. https://makeagif.com/gif/marcellas-wants-to-kiss-kaysar-big-brother-7-Uxk2ov

Yum.  I have a feeling he aged really well...  And please, if someone can dispute this - don't.  Fantasy fodder is a sacred thing.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I saw on Twitter that a few members of this cast were alternates from previous seasons.  I don't know if the plan was to have half new and half vets but it didn't work out but people aren't sure if it's just 16 or if we are still getting 4 vets to make it 20.

To nobody's surprise, some troubling things about the houseguests are starting to emerge from the BB Detectives.

Someone on Reddit talked about knowing Brett being a manwhore on Tindr, or some other dating app, and how he likes to send girls nudes. 

Also, some things about JC are coming out, including a legit video of him fucking a Minion (yes, you read that right). I'd link the video, but nobody needs to see that shit. I'm protecting you guys. 

I'm sure we'll see more news about the houseguests as the week goes on.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

To nobody's surprise, some troubling things about the houseguests are starting to emerge from the BB Detectives.

Someone on Reddit talked about knowing Brett being a manwhore on Tindr, or some other dating app, and how he likes to send girls nudes. 

Also, some things about JC are coming out, including a legit video of him fucking a Minion (yes, you read that right). I'd link the video, but nobody needs to see that shit. I'm protecting you guys. 

I'm sure we'll see more news about the houseguests as the week goes on.

I just saw it on Twitter.  What has been seen, cannot be unseen. Thanks Evel Dick

29 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, you tried but that just encouraged me more. I'm equal parts WTFing and LOLing. 

How do these people get through casting? Hire a few fans to do the background checks before the show. Then they'll have no surprises like this. Or at least advise them to hide this shit. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

You know, when I woke up this morning, and ventured onto the interwebs, I knew I'd see some weird things. That....was not one of them. Lol. Between this and the bachelorette, it is not the best round of reality candidates this year.

Edited by CrazyDog

I went through the bios and thought, OK, sort of normal people, whatever. Then the last few. . . Angela Rockstar - I want her to go first. Of all of them, she turned my stomach. All that fake lightness and joy can hide a lot of nasty. Then there is Chris the Swag. Ugh. I hope he goes soon. Then there's Brett, the Trophy. Another ugh. I think he'll go soon because he has this big complicated plan about how to win and usually the people who come in with a road map on how to win are the ones who fail.

One thing I forgot to do - guess who will be the loudest house guest in the diary room.

13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

How do these people get through casting? Hire a few fans to do the background checks before the show. Then they'll have no surprises like this. Or at least advise them to hide this shit. 

Or they could post a bunch of names and let us vote on who we want to watch (after we vet them and share it here of course). 

The Hollywood Reporter Interviews are out

Some highlights:

• I still like Winston. He admitted to have started watching live last season, but binged on six seasons....and it sounds like he watched the good ones.
  • Bayleigh was a definite recruit; I still don't know if I like her
  • LOL, Scottie's real favourite is Chicken George and thought he had to put Evel Dick on his app to be chosen. 
    • Also, his least favourite player is BBOTT's SCOTT. 
  • Kaitlyn talks a lot but also seems to have been partially recruited but also partially a fan
  • Angie says she applied; she actually does seem to be a genuine fan
  • Faysal applied for Survivor first; he was a clear alternate for Josh
  • Rachel was also an alternate, likely for Jessica
  • Oh no...Sam doesn't know who Dan is...oh girl, no
  • Chris follows BBLeak and Hamster Watch for his updates and he's definitely a fan
    • He's going to be a shit player, though, not because he's just a Paul fan, but because he won't play for the emotional jury and that's what hurt Paul
  • Kaycee just mentioned Frankie as a favourite and I must unlike her now
    • She also apparently doesn't watch much TV at all because she couldn't really tell who Dan was
  • Tyler's a live feed guy and it shows; he named Ika and Dan as Queen and God. I might like him, after all
  • Steve's wife applied for BB a few years ago
  • Brett is a recruit

I think we actually have a good number of actual fans this year, which is exciting.

• Love 4

Seems like a normal enough season. I guess it'll all depend on who the four returning HGs are. I hope Paul returns, just because it'd be so damn awful that I'd light myself on fire.  "We can't kick Paul out too soon."

Bayleigh recalls a previous super hot beauty queen. Hopefully she doesn't go through the shit Candice did.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/18/2018 at 9:03 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Well, it's real! Dick's leak is correct.

*giggles* Sorry... I'm twelve.

A few things I did think of with the new hamsters though is:

Who wants to go to a "life coach" that is 24?!?

"Swaggy" has a t-shirt with his nickname on it and that makes him perilously close to being Whaboom.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 6

Winston is still great in the latest interview. I worry that he's getting my hopes up and he'll turn into the biggest ass in that house, or a complete dud. He really does seem sweet, so if it does go one of two ways, he'll likely be a dud. 

Faysal has been very quiet in his interviews. He does seem like a nice enough guy, but I don't think he'll get very far. 

Sam is still a sweetheart. I like that, for the moment, she's dedicated to stopping the bully. Hopefully, if we do see it happen (and we know there'll be bullies), we can see Sam actually put her actions forward.

Chris is very messy, that's for sure. I like that he knows the game, but I think he'll show off his cockiness too much. We'll see how many people he rubs the wrong way once the feeds start. I also am pretty sure, since he seems like he doesn't want to adapt to the game and wants to "do what he wants to do", he won't win. I know he said he would have to adapt, but he's very contradictory in the interview. He's probably going to be a bad player if he doesn't learn to adapt quickly. 

Is Scottie me? Is he the male version of me? Literally, he is everything I am: a mid-twenties virgin, stubborn, been called insensitive...seriously, for that alone, I can't find it in myself to hate him. 

Haleigh looks like Raven, Christmas, and Aaryn all in one. I don't think I'm going to like her much. I really get a mean girl vibe from her. The show does tend to cast women who are more catty, and I think they found one of their catty women. Maybe I just have Christmas/Raven/Aaryn war flashbacks. I would like to be wrong. 

Kaitlyn has really big eyes, almost like a doll. Otherwise, she actually seems ok. She's not as crazy as initial interviews led me to believe. Plus, my mom is also into saging and auras and crystals, so I totally get it.

People seem to like Angela, and I get it. She seems pretty cool, but I worry she'll turn out to be catty once in the house. 

Rachel's going to definitely be a problem, but hopefully it's a fun type of problem.

I'm sorry, but JC's weird videos in real life are clouding me from seeing him any different. 

Tyler is a true surprise. I like him quite a bit; he's a true fan, and it shows. I hope he gets far. I do think he's putting on an act, or at least is over exaggerating, so I think he'll be slightly different in the house. 

I can't seem to love Bayleigh; I think she's alright, but I'm pretty sure she'll continue to follow in the black women footsteps, in that she's not making it to the finals. She is really pretty, though, but being a recruit, that could be a good thing, or a bad thing.

Angie's glasses are way too distracting.

Brett's attractive and smart, but that could also mean cocky and egoistical. I haven't decided on him, but I think he'll be a problem. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Winston is still great in the latest interview. I worry that he's getting my hopes up and he'll turn into the biggest ass in that house, or a complete dud. He really does seem sweet, so if it does go one of two ways, he'll likely be a dud. 

One of my Best Friend's (who is also a huge BB fan like myself) her cousin is really good friends with Winston. He told her that he's super nice, quiet, very smart, a country boy, they went to Georgetown together and was on the schools Football team- and he couldn't catch a football to save his life. Haha. There was a rumor going around that he dated Shelli and they are doing the Ex Twist again- so we asked him if he knew if this was true. He said as long as he's known him he's been single, he's dated but never anything too serious. He said it's possible he dated someone named Shelli, but he never met anyone named Shelli. But as a cavat- my friends cousin home is in Ohio- but is a travelling nurse so he's currently in Phoenix- so he hasn't seen him in awhile. But last spoke to him a few weeks ago. And was REALLY surprised when he heard from their friends that he was on the show because it's so not something he would do. 

I liked what I heard from him prior to this knowledge. But I feel now since I have a bit of a connection- I'm for sure rooting for him. Haha. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

One of my Best Friend's (who is also a huge BB fan like myself) her cousin is really good friends with Winston. He told her that he's super nice, quiet, very smart, a country boy, they went to Georgetown together and was on the schools Football team- and he couldn't catch a football to save his life. Haha. There was a rumor going around that he dated Shelli and they are doing the Ex Twist again- so we asked him if he knew if this was true. He said as long as he's known him he's been single, he's dated but never anything too serious. He said it's possible he dated someone named Shelli, but he never met anyone named Shelli. But as a cavat- my friends cousin home is in Ohio- but is a travelling nurse so he's currently in Phoenix- so he hasn't seen him in awhile. But last spoke to him a few weeks ago. And was REALLY surprised when he heard from their friends that he was on the show because it's so not something he would do. 

I liked what I heard from him prior to this knowledge. But I feel now since I have a bit of a connection- I'm for sure rooting for him. Haha. 

That actually gives me comfort! I'm glad I can at least go in with some hope for the guy. He's in my top three for sure, perhaps even at number one (Sam and Tyler are my other two picks). 

(edited)

Who's Shelli? The only Shelli I can remember is the one from BB13 that was obsessed with Jeff/Jordan and I can't imagine that's who Winston potentially dated. 

12 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I hope Paul returns, just because it'd be so damn awful that I'd light myself on fire.  "We can't kick Paul out too soon."

This is masterful. 

I am trying not to even watch any Winston interviews because he sounds kinda awesome but I know he will end up being an asshole or a nothing so I'd rather not get my hopes up.

Which Angela is being referred to as Angie? The younger one or the kooky one?

Edited by peachmangosteen
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who's Shelli? The only Shelli I can remember is the one from BB13 that was obsessed with Jeff/Jordan and I can't imagine that's who Winston potentially dated. 

This is masterful. 

I am trying not to even watch any Winston interviews because he sounds kinda awesome but I know he will end up being an asshole or a nothing so I'd rather not get my hopes up.

The "kooky" one I'm guessing.  Looks like she's going by "Angie the Rockstar" or something.  

So they have an Angie and Angela and a Bayleigh and Hayleigh.   Nice planning BB. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Shelli from BB17, the one who was with Clay.

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Angie is the chick with the purple hair, because I think that's what she is officially going by on the show (besides Rockstar, which nobody will call her anyway).

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm worried about that too, but it's too late for me. I'm already all in for Winston. 

There are many houseguests who, at least, I get the feeling that they're being fake or will turn out to be worse. Angela, Rachel, Haleigh, Brett, Chris, and even Bayleigh. I even think Sam could be more of an issue if she gets into a fight. But Winston? If anything, he'll be a dud, but I don't get the vibe that he'll go Full Asshole. 

I can't even say anymore that I have anyone that I hate. Speaking of BB17, I actually ended up liking the majority of that cast. The only one I ended up not liking was Austin, and he was more gross than offensive. I didn't really like Jason or Da'vonne either, but even they weren't all that bad, not in a rage-inducing way. I know I'll probably be eating my words later, but for now, none of them are outright hate-worthy, not even JC or Swaggy Chris. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Shelli from BB17, the one who was with Clay.

Oh lol. I forgot about her. Well, if she really did date Winston then she certainly has a type. Winston is probably smarter though, at least.

But Winston? If anything, he'll be a dud, but I don't get the vibe that he'll go Full Asshole. 

I figure Winston will join an all guys alliance and proceed to do absolutely nothing (except be in a boring showmance) until he's unceremoniously evicted mid way through jury.

ETA: Would anyone be interested in doing a fantasy game for this season? I've been thinking of doing one here, but it's a lot of work so if there aren't many people into it then I don't think I'll bother.

Edited by peachmangosteen
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Would anyone be interested in doing a fantasy game for this season? I've been thinking of doing one here, but it's a lot of work so if there aren't many people into it then I don't think I'll bother.

I absolutely would. I don't really have friends in real life who like this show, at least not enough, so I'd totally do one here. 

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I figure Winston will join an all guys alliance and proceed to do absolutely nothing (except be in a boring showmance) until he's unceremoniously evicted mid way through jury.

He might bro up with Brett, JC, and maybe Faysal, but I can't see Winston being the ringleader. 

That being said, he will make it to jury, but he might not get to the finals.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would do it! ?

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Would anyone be interested in doing a fantasy game for this season? I've been thinking of doing one here, but it's a lot of work so if there aren't many people into it then I don't think I'll bother.

Sounds interesting - but good lord, this show already takes up WAY too much of my life as it is.  :>

• Love 2

Aww man, I like the house theme. I guess it feels different and fun for me. I like the spinning platform in the living room, and the wall climbing room.

I like that the old Tokyo room and the sometimes Have Not room can be expanded into one with the sliding wall.

The Fidget Spinner room would be too distracting.

The intercom is HOH is going to be abused, won't it? I can't wait to see it bug the houseguests.

Also, some of the twists are hinted at:

There will be three different challenges on premiere night that the network promises “will yield a game-changing power — and two unprecedented punishments.” (We can only hope one of those punishments involves a unitard or absurd costume of some sort.) Then, on the Sunday, July 1 episode, Big Brotherwill introduce a new tech-themed twist called the “BB App Store,” for which CBS notes that “America will get a chance to get the Houseguests trending, resulting in power apps or punishments that could crash their game.” While this sounds like it could be the latest version of viewers voting advantages or disadvantages to players throughout the season, we’ll have to see exactly how it plays out.

A video to the rest of the house

Overall, I gotta say, they stepped up their game this year with the house. I actually don't hate any of the rooms.

• Love 3

I absolutely hate the idea of Social media being used to support players. Anything that gets young people deeper into the world of social media rubs me the wrong way. Too much hating on SM as it is. I do not like interactive twists . I wonder if that was part of the audition process. Do you have a large social media presence?

"game changing power" better not be 4 weeks of immunity.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I don't know about that rock wall. Someone could get injured on that and do we really want stir crazy house guests access to rope?

If Christmas can break her foot by merely piggy-backing on Jason, with no actual equipment involved, and Raven can get injured on the stairs, I think these houseguests could find their own way to get injured regardless. I think last year's houseguests have proven that they can make any household item into a weapon of mass destruction. 

Plus, the rock climbing wall DOES give me Kryssie war wounds flashbacks, and that makes me chuckle more than anything. HER HANDS WERE GOING TO BE AMPUTATED.

Also, a plus to the new house: FOUR SINKS, YOU GUYS. FOUR SINKS. 

• Love 4

Another interview, talking a little more about the premiere twists:

• Sounds like there are three comps on premiere night in addition to the HOH competition, with game wielding power and two punishments. It's unclear if the three comps will be one power, two punishment kind of deal
  • BB App Store still sounds dumb

Also, the other HOH cam is in the living room, facing toward the chairs, not toward the bedrooms. So no cameras for HOH to watch in the bedrooms.

1 hour ago, missyb said:

I absolutely hate the idea of Social media being used to support players. Anything that gets young people deeper into the world of social media rubs me the wrong way. Too much hating on SM as it is. I do not like interactive twists . I wonder if that was part of the audition process. Do you have a large social media presence?

"game changing power" better not be 4 weeks of immunity.

Agreed. I hated that when they did it on America's Next Top Model, and I hate it here. But I'm also an old fart who's social media presence is limited to posting our cat pics on Facebook. 

I love two punishments right off the bat though.

The house is pretty cool - the blue room is lovely. Will they be forced to keep that wall open at times? That would drive me CRAZY to have all of that open. No privacy (I know, I know) indeed.

The rock wall is pretty cool. Any changes to the backyard?

6 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

The rock wall is pretty cool. Any changes to the backyard?

From the CBS photos, it looks like just a new pool table.

Also, what people noted is that the memory wall is missing key slots. A possible return to the wheel for the nom ceremonies????