Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Thank dawg Paul and Josh are out.  I wonder why, CBS seems to just luuuuurve Paul.  He must have really pissed someone off, or perhaps some people with some leverage on the CBS bosses really hates Paul and they used their influence.  We will never know.  I'm OK with that.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I maintain that Paul was only "good" at competitions last year because he'd done them before.  Yet another advantage handed to him...

I do love The Amazing Race, but I just don't know if I can do a whole season of BB teams.  The constant fame-whoreing will be exhausting to watch. 

• Love 3

I'm surprised no one is discussing Gina Marie's theory. Big Brother pulls in respectable numbers but Survivor is the bigger show, so if they wanted to bring in bigger numbers for The Amazing Race, why not make it an all Survivor season? The timing seems very fishy and I wouldn't be surprised if this supposed Amazing Race cast is really the cast for a Big Brother 20: All Stars 2.

(edited)

I'm thrilled, but it is odd that Paul got cut. He's definitely a big name in recent BB years. I am also so happy that bland Corey is out. The teams are so random.

I was one of the few here that liked Elissa, so I don't mind that she's running.

Can't wait to meet the new cast of BB and find out how wrong all my first impressions will be, lol. 

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I was one of the few here that liked Elissa, so I don't mind that she's running.

BB15 was the first full season that I tuned in to the live feeds, and I adored Elissa. Mostly, I like how she didn't give a crap about what other people thought and she didn't try to fit in with the house/Amanda. Plus, her athleticism was epic. I will never forget her miraculous save on the wall HOH comp that got her the win and almost had the best epic blindside that season (almost getting Amanda out AND working with her worst enemy, Aaryn). With a season full of people I could not stand in any way, and in a season with the second worst final 3 I've had to deal with  (congrats BB19; you managed to make BB15 the SECOND WORST finale for me), Elissa was a breath of fresh air, and way more tolerable to listen to than Rachel, even though the two sound exactly the same. I think she'll even out Rachel's insanity in the way that Brendon never could for me. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm so glad that I didn't know that Paul was a possibility for TAR!  I came here to cheer because the preview commercials show practically everyone last year EXCEPT Paul.  And this cheered me so.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Thank dawg Paul and Josh are out.  I wonder why, CBS seems to just luuuuurve Paul.  He must have really pissed someone off, or perhaps some people with some leverage on the CBS bosses really hates Paul and they used their influence.  We will never know.  I'm OK with that.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I maintain that Paul was only "good" at competitions last year because he'd done them before.  Yet another advantage handed to him...

I do love The Amazing Race, but I just don't know if I can do a whole season of BB teams.  The constant fame-whoreing will be exhausting to watch. 

I know that I sent an email to CBS saying that I was not watching the Amazing Race with Paul on it because of his awful behavior. I suspect I wasn't the only one who did so. I would not be surprised to find that they thought Paul and Josh would be a great addition and were suprised by the negative feedback that came once it was announced. 

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Thalia said:

I'm so glad that I didn't know that Paul was a possibility for TAR!  I came here to cheer because the preview commercials show practically everyone last year EXCEPT Paul.  And this cheered me so.  

Oh, that delights me.

11 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

This is one of the funniest things I've read in awhile. Good times! This quote in particular is just transcendent: “Danielle is too devastated to speak out right now,” a rep for 31-year-old Maltby tells Us Weekly exclusively. “Please respect her heart and her privacy at the moment, since both have been shattered.”

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is one of the funniest things I've read in awhile. Good times! This quote in particular is just transcendent: “Danielle is too devastated to speak out right now,” a rep for 31-year-old Maltby tells Us Weekly exclusively. “Please respect her heart and her privacy at the moment, since both have been shattered.”

f68pFuG.gif

^ my reaction reading that quote

• Love 6
23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

When will the houseguests be revealed? I know for Survivor it’s the prior month. 

I think that it's not until they go into sequester, which is what - a few days before they enter the house? So at best, a week and a half before the official broadcast start, a week on the safe side?

Is it wrong that I'm more excited for the house reveal than the HG reveal? It'll be the same: big blonde dude from somewhere in the South that went to college on a sports scholarship, the flamboyant gay guy, a "geek", a smattering of peppy cute girls, and one lone "old" person in their 40's that gets eliminated the first night. 

Prove me wrong, BB, and shake up the casting a little. (I know you won't.)

• Love 6
On 06/06/2018 at 7:06 PM, ByaNose said:

When will the houseguests be revealed? I know for Survivor it’s the prior month. 

For Big Brother, the houseguests don't go into sequester until a week and a half before the show premieres. So the houseguests won't be revealed until a week before the show starts

29 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Is it wrong that I'm more excited for the house reveal than the HG reveal? It'll be the same: big blonde dude from somewhere in the South that went to college on a sports scholarship, the flamboyant gay guy, a "geek", a smattering of peppy cute girls, and one lone "old" person in their 40's that gets eliminated the first night. 

I'm more worried about the house reveal. I still really wanted a complete house change, but it seems like, unless it burns down, we're stuck with the same, nasty gross house for the rest of the show's existence. Plus, last year's house had the potential to be great but quickly fizzled out. I'm just hoping for one room to be neat. I did like what they did to the APSR/yoga room/green apple room for CBB, and I liked the square table. I also liked their use of the extra old Pandora's Box room, so I hope they put that to better use than the dumb Den of Temptation. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think that it's not until they go into sequester, which is what - a few days before they enter the house? So at best, a week and a half before the official broadcast start, a week on the safe side?

Prove me wrong, BB, and shake up the casting a little. (I know you won't.)

Thanks. I forgot all about the sequester part at the Motel 6. The new seasons starts June 27th which is a Wednesday. So maybe June 20h or so we’ll get word and/or spoilers. I also look forward to the trailer remodel. Unfortunately, the footprint never changes but the theme is always different. Hopefully, the stupid forbidden apple ? tree doesn’t return. LOL!!!! Usually, the reality blogs have hints about the new cast but I’ve heard more stuff about The Amazing Race cast then BB. I guess I have to wait another 2 weeks for something....anything! 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

In case anyone needs a really good laugh, here's a twitter thread from Paulie:

You're welcome.

Jesus. I mean, good on him for finally admitting that monogamy isn't for him at this stage, but hot damn, the whole Twitter rant is pretty...weird in itself. Maybe be honest with these women upfront before dating them? Maybe don't cheat on them? 

I gotta admit, his last tweet made me laugh because he said he doesn't censor himself, and then he censored the word "fuck".

• Love 3

This isnt surprising. Look at the way he treated Zakiyah. Bragging about sleeping with her etc...

But Paulie here's a thought....if you cant stay loyal then just don't date? Or be in an open relationship? Though Im sure if she had cheated on you you'd be raking her over the coals for doing so.

Where's D'vonne when we need her.

• Love 3

Er... Paulie. It doesn't need to be a marriage or involve kids to fall under the dictionary definition of infidelity. Your hopes for children in the future have nothing to do with any of this. Did Cody tell you that? Because I mean, we all know his history when he was in the house.

Also, 8 Mile? What is this, 2002? 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think it's the 'to understand me listen to disturbed, breaking benjamin, and bruno mars albums' that really makes it comedy.

*sings* One of these things is not like the others...

I never actually opened it to notice it's a full thread of bullshit. Holy shit, dude. Stop splooging all over Twitter to justify your decisions. It's Twitter. There's no way it could ever end well. Although it's nice to see that Twitter still has mean meme game. 

It's nice to know that while we wait for the season to start, the vets are trying to entertain us. No, Paulie, tell me more about how Disturbed speaks to you and pick a song other than The Sound of Silence because that is so overplayed as a reference to who a person is. No, I also won't accept Down with the Sickness. 

I wasted that Elissa spit-take gif too early. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6

If anyone is interested, this link is playing all the bb seasons.  http://bmx-tv.net  right now they are on BB5. When you bring the link up last tab on the right MARA will run the episodes.

BB5 started with some cool comps . Old stuff was good. 

• Love 1
(edited)

So apparently Elissa/Rachel, Nicole/Victor (ew), and Janelle/Britney have been confirmed for TAR. There's a pic of Britney, Janelle, and Victor filming.

I'm torn on the Janelle/Britney team. First of all, do they even know each other? Bu also, Janelle sucks lol. I mean I loved her as a BB character, but she is a shitty person. And as for Britney, she is funny as hell, but she was such a heinous person on BB. She might have matured at this point though. Hopefully they both just stick to funny one-liners so I can enjoy them.

• Love 2
(edited)

The Amazing Race thread has all 11 teams listed via a website but they stuck it in the spoilers (locations only) thread.  They do mention the starting line and first location but that is it in the article.

They have 5 TAR teams, 3 Big Brother teams and 3 Survivor teams.  I only recognize one TAR team even though I have seen every season but the latter seasons kind of go in one ear and out the other.  And only one individual "Survivor" because the same with that show.  I haven't seen much of BB so I didn't recognize any of them not even the ones that were on TAR before.

The three people I did recognize are:

Spoiler

Colin & Christie from Season 5 of TAR.  Woot!!!  Finally a team from Classic TAR days.  Colin was the "intense"and extremely good Racer who was always battling Charla & Mirna. 

The one "Survivor" that is a big enough name for me to remember?  Rupert.  (Yar, he be a pirate!).  He is paired with his wife who I guess was briefly on a season of Survivor too but I don't remember her.  But at least that is old school TAR where it is about REAL relationships.  I know a lot of people online hate him but I always liked him.  No pretty boy mactor, just a regular working class guy who wants his name and fame in life too.  I can respect that. 

Also maybe he and the other "Survivors" -- seems adding Survivor teams was "a different direction" TAR took at the last minute -- were what knocked some of the other rumored BB teams out of the Race so you can maybe thank him for knocking Paul off our TV sets.

For those of you that want a link to the article so you don't have to go into the Spoiler - Locations Only thread over there, here it is.  Again, it does spoil the starting line and the first destination but that is it for spoiler stuff period in this ultra short article.  No eliminations and nothing beyond the first destination:

TAR cast - 3 teams from BB

Edited by green

I wasn't really excited before, to be honest. I have been very "meh" and not really thinking about Big Brother at this point before the season like I have in previous seasons. However, the news about the cast being revealed on Monday? That got me really freaking excited. 

Also, WHERE'S THE HOUSE TOUR, CBS? I imagine that's coming up this week. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

No one ever really mentions what the second step is. 

That is so funny & so true. Exactly, what is the second step? Looking forward to Monday. Of course, I don’t actually admit this to people I know. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Machiabelly said:

Did anyoneelse hear rumours it was going to be 16 new and 4 repeats?

If Someone is back for the 3rd season in a row I am going to get stabby. 

Yup- heard the rumors as well. Hamsterwatch was the one who announced it- she was pretty firm on all newbies a few days ago- but clearly she heard otherwise the past few days. She said it hurt her as much to type it as for us to read it- haha. She tweeted out Paul’s return last year. She’s pretty reliable and won’t tweet anything out until she has confirmation from a few people. 

Maybe since it’s been leaked they won’t do it- hahaha. 

5 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Yup- heard the rumors as well. Hamsterwatch was the one who announced it- she was pretty firm on all newbies a few days ago- but clearly she heard otherwise the past few days. She said it hurt her as much to type it as for us to read it- haha. She tweeted out Paul’s return last year. She’s pretty reliable and won’t tweet anything out until she has confirmation from a few people. 

Maybe since it’s been leaked they won’t do it- hahaha. 

Yeah, Evel Dick mentioned it on Twitter last night. He's not happy about it

I don't think we've had an entire season of newbies and no vets OR relatives since season 12, which was the first year I watched. That's insane to think that we've had some form of already experienced, or "in" BB people for seven years. 

• Love 1

Why does Grodner insist on doing this to me every year?  I can't handle another year of a bunch of idiots slobbering over the vets because they "know how to play" Big Brother, which is absolutely preposterous when you think about it.  There is literally no one I would be excited to see return.  

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, WHERE'S THE HOUSE TOUR, CBS? I imagine that's coming up this week. 

I feel like maybe last season it was actually after the cast reveal. But I could be totally making that up lol. ETA: I just looked back through the thread and yea last season the house tour came after the cast reveal. The cast reveal was the Monday before the premiere (same as this season) and the house info was on Wednesday. So the house stuff will probably start coming out on the 20th.

28 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Why does Grodner insist on doing this to me every year?  I can't handle another year of a bunch of idiots slobbering over the vets because they "know how to play" Big Brother, which is absolutely preposterous when you think about it.  There is literally no one I would be excited to see return.  

Ugh, right! I hate this.

Why do I continue to watch this shit show?! I need help!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Vague Hints from Hamster

She says that 2 of the names she's heard one is a general thumbs up from fans- and then the other one not so much. Haha. 

My biggest worry is that a name that gets a general thumbs up isn't actually a thumbs up for me...like Da'vonne. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the people cut from TAR is going to be sent back in the house, simply judging by Hamster only hearing things n the last few days. 

• Love 2

I'm stupidly excited about

Spoiler

Colin & Christie.

I will watch just for them alone. Not so much about

Spoiler

Rupert - I had enough of that tie-dyed jerk by his second appearance. 

I like

Spoiler

Victor but not Nicole, and I have come to tolerate Rachel. It will be very interesting to see if she's grown up and mellowed at all since becoming a parent, and what her dynamic will be with a non-Brendan partner. Jury's out on Janelle/Brittney.

Mostly, I'm just extremely grateful for no Paul.

• Love 2

Four vets? And Paul just got the boot from TAR? Hmm...

There's no way that he's willing to come in the house and get to F2 and lose, right? For a third time. AG can't be that desperate to hand him a win. 

Every time I hear about four vets, I worry that they're going to do that stupid coaches/team thing again. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Four vets? And Paul just got the boot from TAR? Hmm...

There's no way that he's willing to come in the house and get to F2 and lose, right? For a third time. AG can't be that desperate to hand him a win. 

Every time I hear about four vets, I worry that they're going to do that stupid coaches/team thing again. 

Hell to the no on Paul again!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Thorkim said:

Hell to the no on Paul again!

100% agreed. And Paul has said that he will never ever ever ever do the show again. Buuut AG probably needs something for the spank bank so who knows. Are we obsessively checking his social media accounts to see if he's gone silent/will go silent? I'm not offering to do it myself, mind you. There isn't enough anti-nausea medication in Canada to get me to look at his Twitter or Instagram. But if anyone else wants to be a hero and take the hit... 

• Love 3

I’m sure we won’t hear about the returning vets till the last minute. They’ll announce the 16 new HG as normal. I don’t mind captains if the don’t actually play & win $500,000. I guess if one of their players win I could sort of handle that. It is funny how Grodner gets fans all fired up about this show. There is always outrage before the cast is even announced. She must laugh her ass off every season with the all the speculation & incorrect guesses. Too funny! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

If the theme is 'food' lmao. Hey, maybe they'll bring back food comps!

I'm way more excited about this little peek at the house than I am about the cast announcement. I need that popsicle for my living room wall. 

Bring back the food comps! And PB&J Have Nots. And some of the old comps. And and and... BB20: Old School. That's what we need. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, Callaphera said:

BB20: Old School. That's what we need. 

Ugh, I wish! And in that vein, if they insist on bringing a few old players back, why can't it be pretty much anyone from BB10 or earlier? That would be not entirely terrible. But instead it'll be like Frankie and Paul for the 3rd fucking time. THIS FUCKING SHOW!

• Love 1
(edited)

When I saw Frankie on Drag Race this season, I thought for sure that he was starting the reality show rounds again. (Yes, he was as obnoxious and Too Much as ever.) I don't know whether he would do the show again or not but I could see them bringing back Frankie and considering it a big get. Which... no. Just no. I will legit consider quitting the show for the season if Frankie comes back. Frankie is my BB Kryptonite. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

I just want BB to torture these hamsters a bit. Scrap the slop, and make them work for their good food, or put someone in solitary for 24 hours, make someone shave their head, etc. Maybe I'm just cranky today.

NO FRANKIE. I won't have it, Big Brother.

I kind of like the neon thing going on there.

I'm sure this year the cast will break all the molds! Surely we won't get another token old person, quirky nerd, former beauty queen, frat boy...LOL, no, we totally will.

I'm still totally thrilled that Paul got canned from TAR. But Janelle and Brittney? I don't actually mind them, but please let them refrain from calling themselves the Blonde Bombshells.

• Love 3