Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Hollywoodland

Didn’t they already try going back to when Rittenhouse was founded? They ended up killing the guy and his son ran away?  I think they came back  to find Rittenhouse was even more powerful than before. 

2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

I somehow doubt that a low-class drug smuggler (the way they made Wyatt's father sound) is Rittenhouse royalty. 

We don't know that was his real father. Lucy didn't know her real dad..

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Didn’t they already try going back to when Rittenhouse was founded? They ended up killing the guy and his son ran away?  I think they came back  to find Rittenhouse was even more powerful than before. 

I couldn't find the original post, but my take on the suggestion was to go back BEFORE the original Rittenhouse guy and end his line either before he was born or before he had offspring or followers. Which they could do - since it wouldn't be in the same time period. If they could find his father, which is a long shot under current circumstances.

Edited by Clanstarling
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Personally I don't think they've been "delving" into Wyatt's past to any great extent or for any explicit purpose, other than trying to make him sympathetic to the race car driver last week. But perhaps I don't want to read too much into that because I really don't want them to double down on this whole Rittenhouse thing. It's the one thing on the show that really isn't working, and if Revolution is any indication, the way Eric Kripke deals with narrative problems is by doubling down on them. That has me worried.

It's also going to become increasingly problematic for Team Time to keep being reactive rather than proactive. All they seem to do is chase after people trying to change the timeline - Flynn in Season One and now these sleeper agents and Emma. Are they going to spend the rest of their lives just waiting for Jiya to tell them where the Mother Ship has gone next? They need to figure out a way to thwart Rittenhouse once and for all - seems to me they could simply go back in time far enough to prevent the original from ever being born. I realize that might change the timeline to such an extent that Lucy herself is never born, but maybe they should consider taking the risk and potentially making the sacrifice. The alternative is to just keep chasing their tails every week and eventually Rittenhouse is going to change the timeline anyway.

They can't end Rittenhouse because there'd be no show. Plus, there's still the matter of Lucy writing the book of crazy that Flynn used in Season 1. Has she written that yet? If they're going back to the time of Benjamin Franklin's mother, they're already pre-dating Rittenhouse.

1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I couldn't find the original post, but my take on the suggestion was to go back BEFORE the original Rittenhouse guy and end his line either before he was born or before he had offspring or followers. Which they could do - since it wouldn't be in the same time period. If they could find his father, which is a long shot under current circumstances.

This reminds me of the show Continuum. The timeline had become so messed up that some cyborg from the future went as far back in time as the technology allowed (1000 years) and founded an organization to stop intrusions from time travelers. In a technical sense, it might be a better idea to kill Mason before he was born. Ending RIttenhouse could potentially have a huge (and arguably negative) effect on our history.

• Love 1

I had to laugh at the "drawing" Flynn gave to Lucy of Paramount. Was it just a bunch of triangles? It looked like something my 2 year old would draw and somehow Lucy figured out where they needed to go from that horrible drawing? 

• Love 10

I found this episode lighter and more fun to watch, since the mission wasn't elaborate, and it was a nice break from evil agents like Emma around every corner trying to kill them.  The sleeper agent wasn't even aware they were around until the end, which was a first.  The security guards at Paramount sure were diligent.  

I remember people guessing that Jessica would be back, but I wish we got a few more episodes of the Lucy/Wyatt relationship developing before that happened.  I thought they did have pretty good chemistry with one another, considering there was nothing the entire first season.  I'm not surprised, but there's a whole bunch of unnecessary drama for nothing.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with the Jiya visions storyline.  What was the vision of Rufus killing someone in a pilgrim costume?  Was that from last year?  

At the beginning of the episode when they found out the mother ship went to 1941 and were puzzled why, it was once again really contrived for Lucy to go "I know who might!"  Because of that, the Flynn in jail situation wasn't working.  However, I still don't think the character is necessary on the show and I'm not looking forward to his presence.  By randomly having information when it's convenient, he's more a plot device than a character.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I thought they did have pretty good chemistry with one another, considering there was nothing the entire first season.

In the very first episode of season 1 Lucy thought Wyatt was staring at her breast when they were in prison (when in fact he was considering the bra wires from her bra as a means to escape), lol.

• Love 2

Oh boy I fear for the future of this show.  Lucy & Wyatt love just seems so cliche to me.  And then of course Jessica is back just as their relationship is starting.  Come on it's been done so many times!   

I'm much more interested in Jyia and Rufus relationship.  In fact more Rufus please!  

I was frustrated with this episode.  No let's not focus on Hedy m.f. Lamarr lets put all our attention on boring Lucy and Wyatt.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

What was the vision of Rufus killing someone in a pilgrim costume?

What?  Rufus killed Jack?  That means the fire never occurred, the kids all grew up normally, and Rebecca got a singing career?

• Love 5

They can't end Rittenhouse because there'd be no show.

Nonsense. There are plenty of ways they could craft the show around a new premise. Unfortunately, whoever is running this thing seems to think the same thing you do - Rittenhouse is essential to the plot. It was a much simpler show when it was just Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus trying to prevent a terrorist from changing history to his own benefit. The whole Rittenhouse thing just made things confusing and never made much sense. They still don't make much sense, even on paper. They're just sort of plot gimmick to keep the formula running. 

Suppose they were to eliminate Rittenhouse altogether. They might return to present day and find history changed in all sorts of negative ways. The mission could then be about going back and fixing the things that changed for the worse because of the elimination of Rittenhouse. It would be a much more straight-forward story without a dumb, illogical villain.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Camera One said:

What was the vision of Rufus killing someone in a pilgrim costume?  Was that from last year?  

I think it's from a future episode. Her visions involving Rufus have all been things that haven't happened yet.

• Love 2

Finally watched this episode. Couldn't resist old Hollywood. 

My interpretation of Jessica's look at Wyatt, the embrace, and the closeup on her wedding rings was that it's an episode-ending cliffhanger/fakeout, and that she's not married to Wyatt anymore. But maybe that's just the wishful thinking of someone who detests love triangles both IRL and in fiction.

Hmmm. Would it work if Jessica is now married to Flynn? Or would that just create more complicated triangles?

19 HOURS AGO, IMONREY SAID:

They can't end Rittenhouse because there'd be no show.

Nonsense. There are plenty of ways they could craft the show around a new premise. Unfortunately, whoever is running this thing seems to think the same thing you do - Rittenhouse is essential to the plot. It was a much simpler show when it was just Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus trying to prevent a terrorist from changing history to his own benefit. The whole Rittenhouse thing just made things confusing and never made much sense. They still don't make much sense, even on paper. They're just sort of plot gimmick to keep the formula running. 

Suppose they were to eliminate Rittenhouse altogether. They might return to present day and find history changed in all sorts of negative ways. The mission could then be about going back and fixing the things that changed for the worse because of the elimination of Rittenhouse. It would be a much more straight-forward story without a dumb, illogical villain.

@iMonrey, I wish you were a show runner.

Meanwhile, speaking of facial expressions zoomed in on and paused by cameras: Connor's face was all kinds of shock at the news that Jiya was cured of a congenital heart defect and had a clean brain scan. I'm guessing she's a special snowflake too. Either Rittenhouse or maybe there's an anti-Rittenhouse faction.

On March 28, 2018 at 5:07 AM, CooperTV said:

On March 28, 2018 at 2:06 AM, bros402 said:

Seizure scars?

Aka brain damage. I just couldn't remember how it's called at the time.

On March 29, 2018 at 1:42 AM, bros402 said:

Seizures don't leave brain damage

My brain scan shows lots of "brain lesions" typical of someone with 60+ years of migraine headaches. But no seizures! Anyway, maybe that's the term you were looking for @CooperTV?

Edited by shapeshifter
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

My brain scan shows lots of "brain lesions" typical of someone with 60+ years of migraine headaches. But no seizures! Anyway, maybe that's the term you were looking for @CooperTV?

I've read that fic I talked about earlier again (black hole that had been linked directly to the sun leads to one character having seizures/them becoming a quantum event, not dead and not alive), and it mentions things like contusions in brain tissue.

47 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

I've read that fic I talked about earlier again (black hole that had been linked directly to the sun leads to one character having seizures/them becoming a quantum event, not dead and not alive), and it mentions things like contusions in brain tissue.

Ah! "Contusions in brain tissue" sounds like something a fanfic writer would've picked up at the medical school of CSI. You know, right down the street from the School of L&O. ?

50 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Ah! "Contusions in brain tissue" sounds like something a fanfic writer would've picked up at the medical school of CSI. You know, right down the street from the School of L&O. ?

And not just fanfic writers, just your regular tv writers who draw their scientific knowledge from other sci-fi tv shows!

giphy.gif  tumblr_mdq0idLObM1qgz9tno6_250.gif

• Love 1

I know someone whose kid had a lot of pretty intense seizures (A LOT)-- they were having a hard time getting a medication regimen to control it so there were multiple seizures a day for significant period of time. And the kid had permanent effects from that, which lasted after the seizures were finally under control. They called it brain damage. But that was an extreme situation.

I also had a cat who had a massive seizure and the vet told me what to do if it happened again, "to prevent brain damage" (namely: rush her to the vet so she can have medical intervention and doesn't go into status,  and have ice on hand so if it goes on a while her body temperature doesn't spike too high before someone can stop it). The cat only had ONE seizure, but it was a doozy. And the vet scared me half to death.

Jiya is having a few relatively mild, short-lived seizures, and she hasn't even had a bad fall that could possibly cause a head injury. So I wouldn't expect brain damage from her seizures. Although some kinds of brain damage might CAUSE seizures? They might have been looking for "lesions" as an explanation for seizures, not an effect of having had them.

But honestly, I think that all the science on this show is super-dicey. It's time travel. She appears to have time-travel variant epilepsy, caused by the creation of an anomaly undetectable by 21st Century technology, and a side of magical heart murmur repair secondary to lack of seatbelt.

RE Rittenhouse, the logical way to stop them would be to use law enforcement (or vigilantes) in the present time. Any attempt to stop them in the past will have unpredictable ripple effects, even if successful. But they need an excuse to time travel, so i will be just like Flynn, a failed effort week after week to catch them and foil their activity of the day. It does make the show frustrating. I am all for getting rid of Rittenhouse and finding a different reason to time travel.

I find Flynn boring and one note and would be glad enough to get rid of him, as well.

Maybe Jessica was a sleeper agent and when she disappeared it was because she was sent to another time period. And now she's back, but everything is different than before.

But I suspect we've given more thought to making sense than the writers have. I enjoy the show by not really trying to make it add up, because for the most part it doesn't.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

RE Rittenhouse, the logical way to stop them would be to use law enforcement (or vigilantes) in the present time.

I thought they did. Lucy's grandfather kept all the evidence, and they were able to bust a lot of them when they got back from the 50s in last season's finale. That's why the ones who weren't caught and apparently weren't in the records (like Carol) now have to go back in time to set things up so they'll be in power now.

• Love 1

Sure, but don't stop after one bust. Instead of having three people with a mini time machine trying to chase the agents who travel, they should be also going after Rittenhouse headquarters in the present day, and there should be more than just the few people in the bunker trying to do it all alone.

But it's a time travel adventure show, so they just focus on the three adventuring time travelers. And honestly, I enjoy the adventures of our friends in history more than anything about the conspiracy side of things anyway, and am not really interested in seeing a show all about law enforcement trying to track down the conspirators in 2018, so I get it. But it just seems utterly ridiculous if I think about it at all. The whole effort to stop Rittenhouse seems so mindblowingly inadequate. They basically have three people trying to stop a multigeneration massively wealthy shadow army of who even knows how many?

They should also focus on getting the mothership time machine back, not just on stopping the catastrophe of the week. Send two pilots, and have Rufus and either Wyatt or Lucy deal with the momentary crisis while the other pilot finds and takes back the mothership. But they don't do that because she show turns on all three members of the team being on every mission, and they can't take a 4th safely, so there's never any extra pilot. They should be training Wyatt or Lucy or someone else to be a pilot. They will never defeat Rittenhouse as long as all they do is chase the weekly crisis with their tiny little team. Rittenhouse is just plain bigger than they are, and will always be ahead of them that way.

The whole operation is just plain hopelessly under-resourced. You'd think the government would be putting more of a priority on this, except of course there's the problem that half of them are probably Rittenhouse anyway. So why is Agent Christopher tasked with this mission but grossly under-resourced? Either this is an important priority or it isn't. It just doesn't make any sense any way I look at it.

So I have stopped trying to care about the actual over-arching plot, and am just enjoying our heroes and their little adventures, without worrying about the world being destroyed or saved, because it's just not convincing to me on that level.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, possibilities said:

They should also focus on getting the mothership time machine back, not just on stopping the catastrophe of the week. Send two pilots, and have Rufus and either Wyatt or Lucy deal with the momentary crisis while the other pilot finds and takes back the mothership. But they don't do that because she show turns on all three members of the team being on every mission, and they can't take a 4th safely, so there's never any extra pilot. They should be training Wyatt or Lucy or someone else to be a pilot.

They were. Jiya was in training to be a backup pilot until her powers started developing after she went back in time as a fourth passenger on the lifeboat.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, possibilities said:

But they just dropped it when Jiya became unsuitable. They tried to replace Wyatt once, they could come up with some one else. Their team is too small, is all I'm saying.

It seems strange that they used another soldier who was killed on his mission. You would think that a cop used to dealing with civilians rather than a soldier who primarily deals with combatants would be better for a guard mission. But then I guess Wyatt is primarily a government assassin since the lifeboat can't bring back a prisoner.

(edited)

The really baffling thing is that Jiya is able to pinpoint the location of the Mothership, both chronologically and geographically. Yet - our Time Team never seems interested in capturing it! Wouldn't that put an end to their problems once and for all? It's absurd that they just keep sitting around and waiting for Jiya to tell them where the Mothership has gone this week, and then chasing after whoever is piloting it, rather than the ship itself. I mean, there's being reactive, and then there's just being dumb. They don't need another pilot to take it back - they just need to destroy it. Problem solved!

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 5

I totally get the non Wyatt and Lucy fans - and how this episode was completely cliche for them. Not everyone tunes into this to see a romance. As fan of this couple though - and a soap watcher for 31 years - I had to comment on the SCENE. I thought it was beautifully done.......well the buildup was beautifully done. I love their talk by the pool, the look he gave her before he followed her into the room, the music getting louder as they got closer, reaching out to grab her arm, the first kiss......... I DIDN'T like how they rushed everything afterward. They rushed the second kiss - and literally  cut it off it the middle of the scene to go to commercial. That felt very off putting to me - like a really bad editing job. The scene didn't feel finished. I wish they had slowed the scene down and stretched it out a little. Even an extra 30 seconds before fading to commercial.

Now with all that being said - I didn't like how they jumped from a first kiss right into bed - and zero time for a "honeymoon period" before Jessica turns up. I get that they are rushed though with only 10 episodes - and not knowing if they'll be back for a third season. I wish ratings would pick up so the writers can stop looking over their shoulders, and write a less rushed - and more coherent story in PEACE.

Had to laughed at Rufus the morning after - and his reciting the Fresh Prince theme song. I'll never listen to it the same way again.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They don't need another pilot to take it back - they just need to destroy it. Problem solved!

Or steal it back, and destroy the Edsel lifeboat.  Then they could rush around, chasing the baddies already inserted into the past, in a far more suitable conveyance.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The really baffling thing is that Jiya is able to pinpoint the location of the Mothership, both chronologically and geographically. Yet - our Time Team never seems interested in capturing it! Wouldn't that put an end to their problems once and for all? It's absurd that they just keep sitting around and waiting for Jiya to tell them where the Mothership has gone this week, and then chasing after whoever is piloting it, rather than the ship itself. I mean, there's being reactive, and then there's just being dumb. They don't need another pilot to take it back - they just need to destroy it. Problem solved!

Isn't she only able to locate it once they have taken it back in time? They don't have a way to locate it in present time. I forget the explanation about that, but I think they gave one last season. 

On 3/31/2018 at 11:40 PM, possibilities said:

The whole operation is just plain hopelessly under-resourced. You'd think the government would be putting more of a priority on this, except of course there's the problem that half of them are probably Rittenhouse anyway. So why is Agent Christopher tasked with this mission but grossly under-resourced? Either this is an important priority or it isn't. It just doesn't make any sense any way I look at it.

So I have stopped trying to care about the actual over-arching plot, and am just enjoying our heroes and their little adventures, without worrying about the world being destroyed or saved, because it's just not convincing to me on that level.

That's actually a really good point. Last season they thought they caught all of Rittenhouse and then a subgroup of Rittenhouse blew up Mason's building and stole the time machine. That was the end of last season and then they cut to a few weeks later with everyone in hiding in the bunker (pretending to be dead)? You'd think they'd have better resources to be in hiding with since the arrest of Rittenhouse was a pretty large operation. It included some notable people and should have been in the news.

I guess they aren't pretending to be dead anymore, since Emma has seen them all alive and with a working time machine. Are they just in hiding so Rittenhouse doesn't blow them up again?

• Love 1

Isn't she only able to locate it once they have taken it back in time? They don't have a way to locate it in present time. I forget the explanation about that, but I think they gave one last season. 

That's what I mean, though. Jiya is able to say "The mothership has just landed somewhere in this vicinity of Las Vegas in 1962." So why don't Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus go there and get the ship?? Why waste time trying to chase after whoever flew the damn thing and figure out what they're doing? All their problems stem from the fact that someone (Flynn, Emma, etc.) has the mothership and keeps going back in time to change things. Stop the ship, end the problem. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That's what I mean, though. Jiya is able to say "The mothership has just landed somewhere in this vicinity of Las Vegas in 1962." So why don't Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus go there and get the ship?? Why waste time trying to chase after whoever flew the damn thing and figure out what they're doing? All their problems stem from the fact that someone (Flynn, Emma, etc.) has the mothership and keeps going back in time to change things. Stop the ship, end the problem. 

How are they supposed to stop the ship? All they know is the general area of the time machine. Last season they heard Flynn went to Las Vegas or wherever and then tried to guess what he was doing so they could find him and the mothership. The goal was always to get the machine away from Flynn they just kept failing at it. Preserving history was the secondary goal.

I am not sure what their goal this season is, but I think it is a similar principal.

On 4/2/2018 at 4:38 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Or steal it back, and destroy the Edsel lifeboat.  Then they could rush around, chasing the baddies already inserted into the past, in a far more suitable conveyance.

And since now that the team has 4 I got a feeling that  there will be a swappig of time machines 

On April 6, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Raja said:

And since now that the team has 4 I got a feeling that  there will be a swappig of time machines 

But Wyatt might be AWOL for at least one mission--maybe the time macine swapping one.

Will they travel without him? Does that mean they don't take anyone to be the muscle, or does it mean they send someone else (maybe Agent Christopher?) to do the killing stuff? I don't wan them to use Flynn for this; he's not trustworthy and he hasn't earned it. And Christopher needs something to do.

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't wan them to use Flynn for this; he's not trustworthy and he hasn't earned it. And Christopher needs something to do.

According to the nest episode preview,

Spoiler

Flynn is going with them.

Jessica's return has all kinds of implications for the team. It messes with Wyatt and consequently Lucy's heads but also Flynn's. If Rittenhouse plays like they had something to do with manipulating Jessica's living and being 'restored' to the timeline, they'll dangle that possibility out to Flynn to bring back his family to either use him as a spy or sabatour.  They tried to kill him in prison but he was busted out so they may get switching from the stick to the carrot to give Flynn the one thing he wants to take him out if play. Even if Rittenhouse didn't have anything to do with it, they can act like they did. Also the rules of time travel could begin to change as they learn new things in the future to bring back/apply them in the past. 

Or in a twist, future Lucy or Flynn could have something to do with Jess's return. 

By the way that team is pretty fearless, badass, and a little foolhardy. They all think someone broke in and all rushed the door at Agent Christopher's back to confront whoever it was with only her gun as their defense. If that had been an assault team with automatic weapons they would've been dead.

Ready for Flynn to get his tome traveling on again. Something tells me he and Emma are gonna have fun trying to kill each other.

reggiejax, I'm glad I'm not the only who kept hearing Harvey muttering "It's Hedley."

That said, I really liked Alyssa Sutherland as Hedy. She's a elegant casting choice, has great timing, and projects wit and accomplishment, even if she isn't a perfect match physically with Lamarr.

• Love 1

Apologies if this has been mentioned, as I'm just catching up on this season's shows, but I had to chuckle over the movie guy introducing Lucy and Wyatt as "Preston and Logan."  Reminds me of Bill and Ted - - Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted Theodore Logan.  

I love old Hollywood so I thoroughly enjoyed this epi.  Love that they made Hedy Lamarr a decent person and, finally, someone benefitted from one of the team's knowledge (even if it may not have been true.)  

Random people dying continues to bother me though, because it certainly should have an impact on the future.

Jessica coming back, no real surprise.  If done by Rittenhouse, who is to say that Rittenhouse couldn't go back and wipe out Mason?  Or Christopher?  I'm actually waiting for the team to leave Wyatt behind, return and find Wyatt gone with Jiya, Christopher and Mason having no memories of a Wyatt at all because Rittenhouse has done something to ensure he wasn't born or didn't hook up with Mason, et al. 

Anyhow, hope this show is renewed because despite its flaws and inconsistencies, I love it! 

• Love 2
On 3/30/2018 at 11:47 AM, iMonrey said:

Suppose they were to eliminate Rittenhouse altogether. They might return to present day and find history changed in all sorts of negative ways. The mission could then be about going back and fixing the things that changed for the worse because of the elimination of Rittenhouse. It would be a much more straight-forward story without a dumb, illogical villain.

That premise just exacerbates the problems with the current story. If Rittenhouse broke history before they were defeated, then history would unfold in a completely different way. It's bad enough that major changes in history happen even when Rittenhouse fails in a mission. Lucy lost a sister in the first time jump, yet somehow nothing significant ever changes for anyone else on the team by accident. Jessica doesn't count because Rittenhouse did it on purpose. Would there really still be a Mason Industries, or Lucy or a US government? Would everyone for 4 generations be born in exactly the same way to lead to the members of the team or people who influenced them? 

You're kind of describing Quantum Leap, except where we know what the Evil Leapers did. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned, as I'm just catching up on this season's shows, but I had to chuckle over the movie guy introducing Lucy and Wyatt as "Preston and Logan."  Reminds me of Bill and Ted - - Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted Theodore Logan.  

That's completely intentional! We've got Lucy Preston, Wyatt Logan, and then Rufus Carlin is named after the character of Rufus, who was played by George Carlin.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

'm actually waiting for the team to leave Wyatt behind, return and find Wyatt gone with Jiya, Christopher and Mason having no memories of a Wyatt at all because Rittenhouse has done something to ensure he wasn't born or didn't hook up with Mason, et al. 

This seems like such a convenient and novel way to write a character out of a story (when the actor is no longer available) that I am surprised that I can't think of any time travel show in which this has been done. Jessica and Lucy's sister wouldn't qualify, IMO, because it happened in the pilot. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:
21 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

'm actually waiting for the team to leave Wyatt behind, return and find Wyatt gone with Jiya, Christopher and Mason having no memories of a Wyatt at all because Rittenhouse has done something to ensure he wasn't born or didn't hook up with Mason, et al. 

This seems like such a convenient and novel way to write a character out of a story (when the actor is no longer available) that I am surprised that I can't think of any time travel show in which this has been done. Jessica and Lucy's sister wouldn't qualify, IMO, because it happened in the pilot. 

That is a most excellent idea.

• Love 2
On 3/26/2018 at 9:10 AM, Amerilla said:

I do think part of that was to make sure the audience really understood there was hot, romantic lovin' just before it all blows up, but I actually thought it was in-character for Lucy.   

Since this in one of the few interesting shows designed for adults that I can actually watch with my 13-year-old son, I’m so glad they didn’t go in the hot and heavy direction. When they both got those half-lidded bedroom eyes with the fire raging behind them I was thinking it was about to get super uncomfortable in my TV room. ? Luckily it broke for commercial and came back to them doing their morning snuggle and Rufus giving his expected bit of comic relief. 

On 3/27/2018 at 11:29 PM, legaleagle53 said:

The blue dress and red hat ensemble shot to the top of my list of favorite Lucy period outfits, and her hair and makeup were definitely on point, especially the bright red lipstick. And Abigail Spencer has said that she's a huge fan of 1940s fashions and Old Hollywood glamour, so making this episode must have been a dream come true for her.

I was thinking that same thing. Abagail Spencer is one of the most stunning women on TV today IMO. Matt Lanter’s eyes, too...wowza.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bethanne said:

I was thinking that same thing. Abagail Spencer is one of the most stunning women on TV today IMO. Matt Lanter’s eyes, too...wowza.

Have you seen the pics he's posted online of his new daughter?  She has his eyes, and because she's so tiny, the effect is even more pronounced.  Matt's going to have to camp out with a baseball bat on the front porch when she's old enough to start dating!

• Love 1