Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Confront

Wow I can’t believe we’re on episode 4.

Rachel’s house call will probably happen at the end of the episode

What do we call Manbun now?

The Dr is concerned. He definitely has ulterior motives

Serena became a boss. She changes with every episode. Better yet with every scene

We have a new reporter

Madison and Gary and a new pilot

Jays phone call

The pitches lol

Love seeing Rachel manipulate the contestants 

Jay and Rachel arguing damn

Quinn and Madison damn

Wow the social media guy can actually speak? I thought he was a mute

Jay has a man it’s about time

The stuff about who chopped off the manbun is stupid

So far I am 30 minutes in and this episode is wack! 

So basically we’re going to spend the whole hour talking about a stupid manbun

They should have gotten Horacio Caine to solve the mystery

What happened to finding out who raped Rachel? 

Madison is spilling the beans to the reporter lady

Now Serena is talking to her

Rachel and Serena having a chat 

I want to punt Quinn to the Moon she’s probably my least favorite character 

This show is like some MTV high school reality show drama 

The real story is Quinn 

This show flip flops every scene

Alexi doing coke

I still want a full episode of Everlasting

It’s. now 10:50 and we still have seen Rachel knock on that door WTF?

Quinn has a heart who knew

It’s about time we find out who the guy is that Raped Rachel. I still don’t like this storyline and find it to be lazy writing.

we still should have spent 50 minutes on it and not a minute and a half. 

I don’t care about Jeremy or the new camera lady. Why is he still here.

The best part of the episode was the song at the end.

I don’t care if Serena found a soul mate

Gary just wants to bang Madison 

Madison does some digging on Gary’s computer 

Rachel finally talks to the guy and we learn what we have already known. That her mon is crazy. How did she find him? I want to know more. So is that it? Will they now drop this plot. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2

I know we've seen Rachel's mother, but I cannot recall if we've ever seen her father and/or knew anything about him.  And I still don't get why Rachel's rapist's photo popped up on her phone, especially a current picture. 

The Jeremy/new camerawoman story is pointless, though I did wish a guy with a hook hand would have attacked them while they were parked on lover's lane, a la urban legend.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Rachel doesn’t look as if she could pass for 17 when she was 12.

So true. I remember saying to myself when Shiri was on Roswell back in 99 I hope I don't get in trouble for crushing on someone who's underage. Little did I know Shiri was born at the tail end of 78.    

6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I know we've seen Rachel's mother, but I cannot recall if we've ever seen her father and/or knew anything about him.  And I still don't get why Rachel's rapist's photo popped up on her phone, especially a current picture. 

The Jeremy/new camerawoman story is pointless, though I did wish a guy with a hook hand would have attacked them while they were parked on lover's lane, a la urban legend.

We saw Rachel's father in S1E3 Mother. He was drugged up and in a vegetable state.

The hook hand would have been the best thing about this episode.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/unreal-recap-rachel-abuser-father/

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

LOL.  Exactly.  We were all thinking it.  (Wishing on it, praying on it)

• Love 5

Last season they pushed aside the BLM/police shooting story in favor of the Rachel Rape story. Now they pushed aside the Rape story in favor of the Manbun. Rachel did not ring that dues bell till about 50+ minutes into last nights episode. As much as I don't care about that plot I wish they explored it more. This show suffers from not having enough episodes per season.

I think this show has run out of ideas.  They go in circles and rip stuff from the headlines. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think there are enough episodes. The problems for me are pacing and a lack of new stories.

Pacing and lack of new stories are definitely a problem. Maybe that's the big problem. If they bring something up I want them to fully address it. Don't bring something up only to drop it by the next episode. They just keep going in circles.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

I am still watching, but the tone of this is starting to bug me.  The message every season seems to be strong, successful women are just a mixed bag of psychosis, neurosis, cattiness, bitchiness with a sprinkling of the notion that the “right” man will make them better human beings.  And if you are an up-and-coming wannabe ball busting female, then you’d better learn how to give amazing blow jobs to advance your career.  Quinn might have been brilliant at one point in her life, but now she is just the bitter, barren hag to pity and despise.  Rachael is a walking time bomb and the younger Madison wants to be a Rachael or a Quinn despite how dangerously broken they are?   I won’t even get into the Serena character...I hate her and I don’t think the actress is very good.

I will keep watching just to finish out the season, but if this gets picked up for another season, I don’t think it will be on my DVR list.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

And if you are an up-and-coming wannabe ball busting female, then you’d better learn how to give amazing blow jobs to advance your career.

More like if you're an up-and-comer you have to be a ball-busting female who learns how to give amazing blow jobs to advance your career. You can't just be a hard worker and have talent.

• Love 3

So Russian guy isn’t gay just a drug addict and opportunist?

What does Madison hope to find on Gary’s computer?  He’s wasn’t even in charge when that woman committed suicide and he doesn’t know about the accident last season.  It would have been smarter to spy on Quinn or Chet.  I hope Madison takes whatever she finds to Quinn and acts smart for once 

Serena has the best chemistry with *sshole guy at the end of the episode?

Is it just me are all the suitors really short?

Why is Jeremy there? Why do we care about his dates? Cut this sh*t out of the episode.

I mean I don’t want to speak for rape survivors but would they actually visit their rapist. This seems really scary to me.

Chet is such a moron

Also shrink guy is way out of line, no means no.  Even with therapy, good therapists don’t harass you 

RIP MAN BUN 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Rachel doesn’t look as if she could pass for 17 when she was 12.

I was about 5 feet 5 inches at 12. But if you looked at my face, you could tell I wasn't 17. And if you bothered to try to have a conversation with me, it was immediately obvious. The rapist's excuses are not working at all. Nor is Rachel's father's weird silence about the rape because we already knew they had an us against her relationship with Rachel's mom. 

This show is a mess. Why would Jay's boyfriend come unsolicited all the way from New Orleans for a pitch meeting that he was never invited to? Why did whatshisface cut off the man bun? They'd never been shown to have any real beef. Why is the therapist suddenly concerned that Rachel is spiraling when she's not really demonstrating any of her most problematic behaviors? Meanwhile Quinn actually looks a mess, but the therapist doesn't have shit to say about her. Serena continues to be unaccountably stupid. I'm supposed to believe that the same woman who would sneak into the production offices, the control room, and the trash didn't do ANY research about how Everlasting and other reality shows work. I'm dumbfounded that the show had the nerve to make Serena "shocked" that the show produced the guys. This show doesn't have plot or characters. It's just messiness in service of pointless conflict.

The best thing in the episode was Quinn hipping Madison in on the score--how hard she and Rachel have had to work to get where they are and how trying to skip the line with sex doesn't get you that far.  

• Love 6

Shows should be banned from depicting journalism or journalists. Even Chet and Madison aren't this dumb.

I don't know why unReal is so afraid of Everlasting. We were promised Bunghazi and it was about three seconds of screentime. Instead we get endless judgmental stares from the drip psychiatrist, Jeremy's lovelife, and Rachel's family background. It's sad for a show that often has interesting things to say when it just calms down. To make a comparison, Jane the Virgin is wildly successful at delving into complex issues because it's a telenovela not in spite of it.

Another issue IMO is that the show tried to have it's cake and eat it too with Serena. It wanted a Suitoress who was there for the "right reasons" unlike Adam or Darius, but also wanted her to be the female Elon Musk.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I will keep watching just to finish out the season, but if this gets picked up for another season, I don’t think it will be on my DVR list.

It was renewed for seasons 3 and 4 (which, I suppose, will be the last one anyway). Season 4 was filmed already. 

• Love 1

Wow, is that right @skotnikov?  Really?  I'm impressed and a little shocked.

I have to admit as I was about to start the episode this morning, I was very excited.  I feel a little dirty watching the show, yet I'm very happy to.  I'm still enjoying it.  It's like dating a man who I know isn't good for me.

They really, really, really fucked up Season 2, Jeremy has always been the absolute worst and I don't get him whatsoever, sometimes I think that Quinn's dialogue is the dumbest sh* I have ever heard in my life - and yet somehow I still feel like this.  They have an addictive formula.

I'm happy with this season so far.  Although, I fully admit, they are doing nothing new.  Which is probably based on the failure of S2 when they tried way too much new too fast. 

Rachel Green: You know what happened to the girl who tried too much too fast?
Jill Green:  What?
Rachel Green:  She..... she died, Jill.

5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I won’t even get into the Serena character...I hate her and I don’t think the actress is very good.

She isn't.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

What was the meaning of the final scene, the scene after Rachel curled up on the couch with Quinn?

Quinn is Rachel's safe space, despite it all. Quinn knows everything about her, accepts her.

• Love 6

This episode was the better of this season, but not by much. They’re just spinning their wheels, as are their characters. Though I’m not sure why i expect some kind of character progression. I mean, it’s season 3 and they can’t even get Rachel out of the damned truck.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
8 hours ago, TomGirl said:

What was the meaning of the final scene, the scene after Rachel curled up on the couch with Quinn?

Quinn is Rachel's safe space, despite it all. Quinn knows everything about her, accepts her.

Thanks, but I was referring to the short scene after that one.  Any thoughts?

Why is Jeremy even a character?  We were really supposed to care about his social life and his dates after the way he's treated Rachel?

The British guy (Jasper?) being Serena's chemistry fit is so predictable as a plotline, and was ever since we heard they're in the same general social stratosphere with common interests.  Especially the bet angle.  Now she'll really like him but won't truuuuuuuust him (cue sobby sobs and weeping).  Why are all the men on the show inevitably revealed as such jerks?  I suppose they think they're really showing us "complicated layered character-building", but they're really not.  Some of the lines this week were funny though. 

Wow, Rachel's mother sounds really irresponsible at therapeutic techniques.  Pretty sure setting up a swinger's club/orgy as a home group is an idea made of bad... it's different plotting, but is it "good different"?  Or just weird for the sake of being "original"?  Since I'm pretty sure they don't want us to think that Rachel is in her 40s (or 50s!), this would have to have taken place at the beginning of the 90's, minimum, which seems really late to be allowing for loosey-goosey experimentation amongst members regulated by the AMA.

I'm also not sure what we're supposed to learn from Madison jumping up to scroll through Gary's computer.  How is searching his email or whatever, automatically guaranteed to teach her about whether or not, or what, his assistant said about having screened her pilot?  If not, what is she looking for?  She just randomly seemed like his words were leading her to some kind of smoking gun.  It would be one thing if she knew or was guaranteed he discusses questionable things via email, but I don't think they've planted any interesting or even vague clues in his dialogue before.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Thanks, but I was referring to the short scene after that one.  Any thoughts?

Oh, sorry! What scene was after? (LOL, if I can't remember it, I probably can't tell you what it meant.)

3 hours ago, queenanne said:

I'm also not sure what we're supposed to learn from Madison jumping up to scroll through Gary's computer.  How is searching his email or whatever, automatically guaranteed to teach her about whether or not, or what, his assistant said about having screened her pilot?  If not, what is she looking for?  She just randomly seemed like his words were leading her to some kind of smoking gun.  It would be one thing if she knew or was guaranteed he discusses questionable things via email, but I don't think they've planted any interesting or even vague clues in his dialogue before.

I took it as Madison was looking to see if Gary was going to cheat her out of her own pilot. Hadn't Quinn talked to her before that scene? So maybe the scales have fallen from her eyes a bit and she realizes that Gary might be using her ideas as his own. It's not as if Gary isn't above that.

She might also have wanted to know if he did screen her pilot, or if he's just stringing her along so he can have the blow jobs and the inside info from Everlasting. Or all of it. Gary's a slime. (But I love you, Christopher Cousins!)

• Love 3
14 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

I mean, it’s season 3 and they can’t even get Rachel out of the damned truck.

All I can think is she probably smells like a homeless person. How she can be attractive to all the suitors is beyond me!

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Ms Lark said:

All I can think is she probably smells like a homeless person.

I assume she showers in one of the bathrooms in the mansion. There's probably at least one set aside for the crew as a general rule.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Wow, is that right @skotnikov?  Really?  I'm impressed and a little shocked.

July 28, 2017: At this point, UnREAL is well on its way to being Everlasting: Lifetime has renewed the dramedy for a fourth season, the cable network announced Friday.

October 18, 2017:  Although season 3 hasn’t premiered yet, UnREAL season 4 started filming in Vancouver and area this week.

• Love 2

I don’t know if Rachel has her own shower or not. In season 1 Rachel took a shower with Adam. Regardless it doesn’t matter because Rachel can have any guy she wants wether she showers or not. She also wears the same clothes every day. 

Season 4 is already in the can. However instead of 10 episodes It was cut down to 8 episodes. I am not sure when it’s going to air.

I wouldn’t  be surprised if we don’t get a follow up as to why Madison was looking at Gary’s computer.  She was probably checking to see if he was planning on doing something with her pilot or going to steal her idea. Or maybe she was seeing if she can find any dirt that she can bring back to Quinn.  I wouldn’t  be surprised if by the end of the season they make Gary out to be like Harvey Weinstein. They love ripping stories from the headlines.

Rachel’s mom is the devil. She’s an evil witch. She’s probably a member of some crazy sex cult. How did Rachel find that dude who raped her?  I know she was looking on social media. How did she know who to look up where and where he lived? Do we think he’ll be in any other episodes or is that encounter the only scene he’ll be in. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 5
On 3/20/2018 at 3:45 AM, Lizzing said:

This would have elevated another boring, pointless, all-over-the-place episode to the stratosphere.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, dubbel zout said:

I'm so bored with this show. Nothing new is being revealed about anyone or anything.

Right there with you. I forced myself to watch last night, finally. Everything is bad. The acting is all on 11 at all times, the plot points are predictable from a mile away, and the characters are cardboard and boring.

On 3/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, BusyOctober said:

I am still watching, but the tone of this is starting to bug me.  The message every season seems to be strong, successful women are just a mixed bag of psychosis, neurosis, cattiness, bitchiness with a sprinkling of the notion that the “right” man will make them better human beings.  And if you are an up-and-coming wannabe ball busting female, then you’d better learn how to give amazing blow jobs to advance your career.  Quinn might have been brilliant at one point in her life, but now she is just the bitter, barren hag to pity and despise.  Rachael is a walking time bomb and the younger Madison wants to be a Rachael or a Quinn despite how dangerously broken they are?   I won’t even get into the Serena character...I hate her and I don’t think the actress is very good.

And why on earth is everyone so obsessed with Everlasting, like its the greatest pinnacle achievable in the world of the arts? Wouldn't a talented producer like Quinn move on and up to better things? Except that she's a bitter, twisted, unfulfilled woman, of course. Rachel is supposed to be so great at her job, but she actually seems to suck at it these days. She loses her shit on the regular and can't control her cast. Madison seems to be an all purpose character, who exists strictly for exposition. Is she cool and ambitious? Or is she still green and easily led? Can she produce or can't she? Jeremy, feh. Why is he even there? And why has no one spoken to the new girl and told her to steer clear? If I was in a workplace and there was a known sexual and emotional abuser and batterer prowling around sniffing for a new piece, you can bet I'd take her aside and let her know that the guy was bad news. Not one thing anyone does makes sense.

On 3/20/2018 at 6:50 PM, HunterHunted said:

This show is a mess. Why would Jay's boyfriend come unsolicited all the way from New Orleans for a pitch meeting that he was never invited to? Why did whatshisface cut off the man bun? They'd never been shown to have any real beef. Why is the therapist suddenly concerned that Rachel is spiraling when she's not really demonstrating any of her most problematic behaviors? Meanwhile Quinn actually looks a mess, but the therapist doesn't have shit to say about her. Serena continues to be unaccountably stupid. I'm supposed to believe that the same woman who would sneak into the production offices, the control room, and the trash didn't do ANY research about how Everlasting and other reality shows work. I'm dumbfounded that the show had the nerve to make Serena "shocked" that the show produced the guys. This show doesn't have plot or characters. It's just messiness in service of pointless conflict.

Well, I called the therapist messing with Rachel's head. What he was doing was stalking and harassment.

Whole man bun drama was silly and pointless. So what? And why does Madison have to go crashing into Quinn's office waving it around like pampas grass? My god if I ran in to my boss shrieking like a harpy every time some dumb little thing happened that I couldn't cope with, well, she would not be pleased. And I do not work in the high powered, glamorous world of reality teevee! If Madison is supposed to be up and coming and newly savvy, wouldn't she gleefully share the news with Quinn and work with her to find the best way to exploit it? Why would she be so distraught? Was it a magic man bun? Madison is an idiot. None of the producers seem to have any ability to produce any more. They're all flustered and discombobulated by the slightest little thing. Where's everyone's sangfroid? Jay is all a-flutter from one kiss by the crazy ballet dancer? Madison can't seem to tie her own shoes all of a sudden. I miss Shia. She makes these guys look like tyros.

Serena is just another silly woman who needs a man to sort out her life. Got it. She's reduced to quivering sobs because no one "likes" her. See, ladies? We all really just want the boys to like us! Thanks, show!

On 3/21/2018 at 8:45 AM, queenanne said:

What the hell did she expect to find? He was only going to the kitchen to get her an aspirin. Was the kitchen in the next county? She was going to read his email in three minutes, find out what she needed, log back out and arrange herself back on the couch in that time?

21 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

All I can think is she probably smells like a homeless person. How she can be attractive to all the suitors is beyond me!

Rachel is magic and all men fall in love with her, regardless of her stench.

And that journalist. Jesus Christ. So, she writes for a fluff celebrity magazine but she thinks she's Woodward and Bernstein? Why does she want to bring down Everlasting? (Why does everyone want to bring down Everlasting?). And why does she have the ability to rattle Quinn? Season 1 Quinn would have had her for breakfast. Why did Madison fall into her trap so easily? Madison is an idiot but she knows what side her bread is buttered on. I just can't. there is so much ridiculousness in every episode I can't keep up with it all.

It was not immediately obvious to Serena that Alexei was high as a kite? How sheltered is she? Jesus.

• Love 7

My guess is that the journalist is somehow related to a former contestant on the show.  

My other guess is the new psychologist on the show is some kind of undercover PI or cop.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Token said:

My guess is that the journalist is somehow related to a former contestant on the show.  

My other guess is the new psychologist on the show is some kind of undercover PI or cop.

I can totally see both of those being true.

7 hours ago, Token said:

Or that the journalist is an undercover PI or cop. And the psychologist is related to a former contestant! and Jeremy's new squeeze is really Quinn's long lost daughter that she gave up for adoption years ago! Man bun is really Chet's evil twin, cleverly disguised with plastic surgery! Nothing is too far fetched now.

• Love 7

I'm bothered by what the show is doing to the Serena character.  She came on as a smart, confident business woman and in a few weeks she's turned into an idiot!  Am I missing something what was this supposed connection she had with August?  And then this great date she had with our Russian junkie?  Where is this coming from?  One minute she hates all her suitors and the next she is falling for them?  WTH?  It bugs. 

Don't give two poops about Jeremy. 

More Jay though I'm not understanding how his bf can just waltz onto set like that and hang out. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Or that the journalist is an undercover PI or cop. And the psychologist is related to a former contestant! and Jeremy's new squeeze is really Quinn's long lost daughter that she gave up for adoption years ago! Man bun is really Chet's evil twin, cleverly disguised with plastic surgery! Nothing is too far fetched now.

The psychologist is actually the reincarnated spirit of Mary from S1 and the Man-Bun (meaning the hair itself not the person) was actually never hair at all but the reconstituted dress stains from Yael's food poisoning in S2.

• Love 3

This season is better than the previous one, but after such a cluncker of course the expectations are high - and not met.

Still, the show runners are slowly bringing Quinn back to human and showing Rachel making some changes (wasn't the reference by the psy to her leaving in a truck sweet?) Madison and Jay are wildcards who hopefully will become increasingly interesting.

Otherwise, I'm still puzzled as why Jay is even here (his arc should have ended two seasons ago), and while the lady of the hour (my mac book canceled suitress between brackets, I tried - why it keeps it without brackets is a mystery) and the various male wannabies hold promise, we're still not being fed much so far. Hopefully that changes in the second half of the season. 

My main wish is to see Quinn, Rachel and their relationship evolve, in a positive way. We've experienced, seen and read enough stories about women ultimately muted by the patriarchy, this time I'd like to see them soar.

• Love 2

I’m curious when Tracie Thoms arc starts. 

I want to see all of them evolve and not keep going in circles or spiral out of control. I totally get that if everything was all rainbows and unicorns they would have no drama. 

When all of the guys arrived  on the set of everlasting they showed up wearing business attire.  That was their way of fleshing out each  character.  Only one or two of gotten an extra line/scene.  I want to know more about them. 

Serena changes with each episode.  Is she smart business woman or just plain dumb idiot.

The show keeps promoting Quinn’s one liners.  They just uploaded a video on how to be like Quinn and a video with inspirational words from Quinn. I want to see a video on how to become a master manipulator like Rachel. Quinn is not the only one on the show.  Let the rest of the cast help promote the show. I’m so over Quinn’s one liners.  They’re so  played out. 

Jays boyfriend just popped up outnof knowhere. 

I wish Madison is transformation did not happen as quickly as it did or at least happened on camera.

This season is definitely better than last season. However it’s not as good as season one.

I’m still  waiting for them to address the mess that happened in season two.  Passing words and meta jokes don’t cut it.

Edited by earlbny
6 hours ago, earlbny said:

This season is definitely better than last season. However it’s not as good as season one.

Season 2 was unmitigated dreck. To me, this season is also unmitigated dreck. Its just a runaway train, hurling plot points and one liners at us as it hurtles down the track. No subtlety, no character development, no discernible plot, no premise. I think I'm out. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Season 2 was unmitigated dreck. To me, this season is also unmitigated dreck. Its just a runaway train, hurling plot points and one liners at us as it hurtles down the track. No subtlety, no character development, no discernible plot, no premise. I think I'm out. 

I pretty much agree with you. However for me S3 is better then S2 but not by much. It’s still crap. I also don’t like all the social media stuff about Quinn and only Quinn.  She’s not the only character on the show. Teach us to be like all the characters on the show and not just Quinn. She’s not the only one with one liners.  Starting with the season premiere they’ve been running a trivia contest.  One lucky winner will join CONSTANCE ZIMMER, BRENNAN ELLIOTT, JEFFREY BOWYER-CHAPMAN, TRACIE THOMS AND KASSANDRA CLEMENTI IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA!  For a viewing party.  I laughed so hard when I saw the last two names.  Not only is Tracie Thoms not a star of the show  but we’re halfway done with season three and she has yet to show up in an episode.  Kassandra on the other hand has had like 2 lines. Wheres Rachel Madison and dare I say Chet and Jeremy. 

To be honest as long as Shiri is on the show I’ll be watching.

Edited by earlbny
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Shiri is an awesome actress and I loved her with a fierce strong love in season one. She could show a world of emotion in the flicker of an eyelash. She is wasted now. Her talent deserves better. 

ITA 110% I’ve seen her in everything she’s ever done. It makes me sad to see her character/talent get wasted. I think she can go head-to-head with any actor in the business. All she needs is the right script.  I wish I can go in that writing room and write her some quality scenes.

• Love 1

Lol, what? Jay, you dumbass. You thought you were going to produce a show for your boyfriend? This is the reason you're on the B-team. Also, this Xavier/Alexi/Jay Passport to Dance is quite possibly the plotline I care the least about out of everything they could have possibly done. 

Quinn and Jay had the right reaction. Madison and Dan running in with August's manbun is hilarious.

Are you kidding? August is confronting the guys and there are no cameras on him? Quinn needs to tell them to do their jobs? How do they ever get good footage for this show???

Ellie from Degrassi!

"We kissed. So what? Get over me." Funny. Did they hire a new person on UnREAL who is throwing in all the jokes? Because this is the only bright spot so far this season.

August looks familiar with the short hair. Like someone from Hunger Games or Twilight or one of those movies that I haven't seen but I kind of know the whos from general movie press stuff.

I like Rachel on her game and I'm coming around on having a Bachelorette season vs. a Bachelor season. What I'm realizing (at least about the guys we've met since I still don't know a damn thing about the cowboy) is that we've got a bunch of fuckboys here. They're all about manipulating people (particularly August and Alexei) but it's also easy for them to get played because they live in that bubble where they think people are susceptible to their looks and charm.

Alexei looks good in a suit. Also, I love Jay and Rachel's commentary on why he can't look happier.

LOL, WTF? Why are they letting Graham do Survivor to figure out the man bun thing?

When Alexi came out with a pirouette I was like... oh, he did coke. 

Whew, I was scared for a minute that they were going to go dark. That Alexei would drop the ballerina or that he'd hurt himself. But for once, the show avoided that.

Madison, you are a moron. How are you going to be a producer if Ellie from Degrassi can produce you that easily?

I mean, Essential Honesty doesn't seem that bad if that's the only fall out from the Quinn/August thing coming out. Maybe they should stop keeping so many dumb secrets if it ends up blowing up in their faces so spectacularly. 

I mean, that stuff about the coke making him the man Natalia wants him to be could be an interesting exploration of masculinity but the show (I mean UnREAL, not Everlasting) never seems to want to do any of that work.

So many meta conversations! Are they going to edit around August talking about seeing her in her room later and Billy's complaints?

Jesus Christ, Jasper and Serena by the water. WHERE are the cameras? Is any of the good stuff ending up on Everlasting? In season 1, even season 2, they'd either be sequestering them enough to not have all these outside the show encounters or getting some of the crew to follow them and tape them when they thought they were alone.

I don't know what Madison was doing at the computer but staring at her face with all that eyeliner I realized... oh, she's just Jenny Humphrey 2.0 Lame.

I thought Tom was going to secretly be her real biological father. Not that she was molested at 12. This falls in the category of dumb later season character revelations that don't hold weight because they feel like something the writers just made up this season.

And Jay plying Alexi with coke feels... meh.

I don't know why unReal is so afraid of Everlasting.

This was the same problem Smash had. Don't sell me on a big premise and then try to make the show about the same dumb soapy melodrama I can get from every other show.  

@Pepper Mostly It's worth watching the show for your recaps alone.

Where is this coming from?  One minute she hates all her suitors and the next she is falling for them?  WTH?  It bugs.

If this was a better show, they could investigate how the show might actually brainwash someone. Adam was too into Rachel and Darius wasn't into any part of it. But Serena seems super susceptible. Why? Who knows? Aside from Sunday brunch, we have so little background on her inner life and her past.