Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: The Truth Comes Out

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I have no idea what the title of the episode has to do with the description. I feel really bad for Ysabel and even worse for her that her idiot parents are turning to unproven alternative treatments (in other words, they don't have the insurance for surgery) to help her. Yeah Meri, buy another house and beg for money from the other wives. Christine and Kody, indulge Mykelti and FT with their ridic wedding. Let Ysabel suffer while Christine and Kody voodoo around the issue. Asshats, each and every one of them.

Not only that, they encouraged her to take part in that stupid 'march'.  The long car ride alone from LV to SLC, was no doubt uncomfortable for her.  Too bad Paedon wasn't a few years older, he may have spoken up and said, No, you are not going to subject my sister to that!

• Love 19
(edited)

Just exactly what alternative treatments are there for spine curvature: surgery ry, brace, possibly chiropractic? Are they silly enough to think yoga stretches will fix bones?  Or that green stuff they used to drink? 

I’m guessing the truth comes out has to do with Meri and Kody and/or who actually will be involved with the bed and breakfast. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 11
43 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Just exactly what alternative treatments are there for spine curvature: surgery ry, brace, possibly chiropractic?

Those are all proven, normal treatments. When someone starts talking about unproven alternative treatments, that sends chills down my untreated curved, fusioned spine (herniated disks are not my friend). I have heard that plygs tend to try alternative treatment since they usually don't have insurance and they don't want to see regular doctors due to their persecution complex. I'm all for alternative treatment and holistic treatment myself, as long as it is safe and proven. But we are talking about a child here. I won't get too worked up until I see the episode and see what kind of shit they are talking about.

• Love 18
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Those are all proven, normal treatments

Thanks for clarifying my post, Galloway. I meant to say besides the 3 normal ones I listed.  My fingers got ahead of my brain.  I am very cautious about my spine, eyes, ears, etc. However, what do you expect from people like the Kody Brown family that don’t know how to tell when a child  is ill and needs to be in a hospital. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Thanks for clarifying my post, Galloway. I meant to say besides the 3 normal ones I listed.  My fingers got ahead of my brain.  I am very cautious about my spine, eyes, ears, etc. However, what do you expect from people like the Kody Brown family that don’t know how to tell when a child  is ill and needs to be in a hospital. 

I am surprised they aren't doing a laying on of hands.  That is what my Mormon family used when my cousin had problems conceiving.  My response was hmmmm.  

• Love 10

Found this:

Alternative Treatments. Alternative scoliosis treatment can include physical therapy exercises, yoga, and chiropractic. These types of treatments are regarded as alternative because they fall outside of the traditional orthopedic practices of observation, bracing, and surgery.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Alternative Treatments. Alternative scoliosis treatment can include physical therapy exercises, yoga, and chiropractic.

The outcome of those treatments could be minimal or insignificant. But they are all known types of treatment. I am still worried about the use of the word "unproven", meaning it's a treatment that hasn't been used so there is no known outcome from that treatment. I know TLC or the Browns are probably just jerking our chains again and they are using a known alternative treatment that doesn't help much. But you never know with this bunch.

• Love 8

I hate the fact they are using Yasbel's medical issue for ratings.

Kodouch looks rough.

I like Marah's girlfriend and the fact that Meri and her daughter are back to a close relationship.

• Love 15

I know they probably wanted to film this scoliosis discussion with just the 5 adults, but it's really disturbing to me that Maddie's in the background goofing around on her laptop. It makes it look like she doesn't give a shit about her sister. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

She was prepared to leave for a handsome rich guy (catfish) who, whether real or not, exposed her true colors. Buh-bye. 

Oh yea that just compounds her appearing so stupid when she says even dumber things like that their "relationship" is strained. How odd that a recently divorced couple would have a strained relationship. Color me shocked.

• Love 23

God, Meri does love her ugly shoes, doesn't she. "We drove to the therapist together, it's a big dill!" Yep...that bodes well for your therapy session. (Maybe I shouldn't be sarcastic, since Meri & Janelle actually CAN'T ride there together - sheesh.) What a pack of loons.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Scoliosis can kill teenagers.

I used to work in spine surgery and never saw this, nor was I told that death was a complication. And I saw older women with severe scoliosis who suffered chronic pain and disfigurement. But I'm hard pressed to think it could cause death.

• Love 11
(edited)

Scoliosis can kill due to severe compression of the lungs and heart. I've seen a child die of it. And it's a brutal surgery with frequent complications.

I worked exclusively with children so maybe your experience was different.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 9
(edited)
26 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

What the HELL is going on with Kody's hair? He looks psychotic.  As far as the concern about the scoliosis?  There are so many much, much worse things to over-dramatize.

On the sofa he looks like he got a perm.

17 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I know they probably wanted to film this scoliosis discussion with just the 5 adults, but it's really disturbing to me that Maddie's in the background goofing around on her laptop. It makes it look like she doesn't give a shit about her sister. 

That was really distracting. Caleb was also in the background. He looked like he was making a sandwich or something which seemed a little insensitive given the gravity of the situation they were discussing and how upset Christine was.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Maddie's in the background goofing around on her laptop. It makes it look like she doesn't give a shit about her sister. 

Why should she?  She's got free room and board and free baby sitting so her life is good.

3 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

He looked like he was making a sandwich or something which seemed a little insensitive given the gravity of the situation and how upset Christine was.

See above.

• Love 16
Just now, Sasha888 said:

I think when Meri wants something, she's going to make damn sure she gets it, and she doesn't care who she has to step on to get it.

This.  100000000%

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I agree with you...and I hate agreeing with Kody but Meri is so ridiculously selfish. Meri says she wants to be part of the family, but she's just been told how severe Ysabel's scoliosis is - how could anyone not see that right now, every extra resource the family has needs to go to help this child.

I think when Meri wants something, she's going to make damn sure she gets it, and she doesn't care who she has to step on to get it.

I can think of ONE thing she won't be getting anymore, no matter how much she wants it, and that's fun time with Little Kody.

Did you guys catch where Christine tweeted that Ysibel has had "several concussions"?  How, pray tell, does THAT happen?!?

• Love 19

Meri and Robyn are trying to live monogamous marriages in a plural marriage situation. Only Robyn is winning at that game right now. Occasionally Christine gets on her high horse and makes monog demands; ironically only Janelle is ok with the the plyg situation. Kody knows the only way he can function in a plyg marriage is to give as little as possible to each wife. The only reason Robyn gets more now is because Meri gets zero. And he is not willing to upset the status quo right now to please Meri.

I can't watch Ysabell cry, poor girl.

• Love 16

I realize I am the odd man out, but I feel pity for Meri.  Not that the new house demand isn't crazy, but still...she's lonely.  She THINKS Kody is who she wants but I think she just wants to be loved...with a man completely her own.  I don't understand why she can't see that she should leave.  He already divorced her!!!   Meri, read the tea leaves and do better for yourself.  I wish I could shake her!!!!!      

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I can think of ONE thing she won't be getting anymore, no matter how much she wants it, and that's fun time with Little Kody.

EWW!!!  And my brain went straight to does Little Kody have the same bad hairstyle as Big Kody?  Off to get some Brain bleach and head to the prayer closet.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

What does #becauseoflularoe refer to?

Meri's been selling Lularoe for about a year and a half now.  She's a total bitch when she's doing her FB Lives ("READ THE PINNED POST!!!") but she seems to be doing well at it thus far.  

• Love 4