Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Deadline

• Start Topic

I was waiting for the "and we never saw her again..." for Erica.

Brandon should remember the indignities of being arrested from when he was was picked up for drunk driving in season 1.

The whole Val being outraged about Noah's wealth seems to tired at this point because it's been established for weeks he's loaded.  

If you have the need and the money to buy someone’s friendship - why on earth would you try to buy David?
“You and Dylan are so close!” Yes, that seems clear. Dylan got married (Erica wasn’t invited), moved to London (Erica wasn’t invited) and didn’t seem to know or care that Erica had left Iris’ home and gone missing. What a close relationship!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why is Erica going to England, shouldn't she be going back to Iris in Hawaii?  In any case, bye forever, this arc was so boring.

Wait, Erica went to England?  Yet another thing that become forgotten when Dylan returns.

If they were just going to have Steve not be the father anyway, why not take the opportunity to have him behave in an honorable way? it sounds like he just dug into the manbaby thing deeper and deeper until finally being released from the storyline.

• Love 3

Guess what, Steve and Jody! Kids can be BOTH precious babies and incredible burdens! Carly, in the parlance of Dan Savage, DTMFA. Anyone who is so self-centered and horrified by the prospect of being a father should also not be a stepfather, so your relationship is going nowhere.

• Love 4

I was watching the Barefoot Contessa a couple weeks ago and she invited one of her older gay friends (I know, which one?) over for hot chocolate and he held his mug like Brandon (and now David)! I can't believe Ina would be friends with someone so gauche.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, carrier76 said:

I hated this Kelly haircut more than any other in the entire show. She doesn’t keep it long.

God, me too- I think it looks terrible.  In fact, I don't think I like her hair again for the rest of the series.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, carrier76 said:

I liked it in the last season, streaky highlights and all.

I remember those highlights- I found them so distracting.  I liked the length she has at the end- I think she looks better with longer hair but the highlights, as you say, were awful.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

After being a non-stop asshole for pretty much 4 1/2 seasons straight, it's fun to see life kicking the shit out of David over and over in these episodes. 

Would be even better if he realized that was what was indeed happening. Can you imagine rising to a position where you own your own nightclub in L.A., and then piss it all away because you're plain stupid? I mean, he didn't even have a fun coke habit! And to give it all away to some guy and be like "you took my girl, here take my club!" and walk away in your huge pants and continue to be an asshole. So spiteful.  In other news, I would like to see a "Sliding Doors" style re-shoot of this from the perspective of Kelly's co-workers at the Foundation Foundation Clinic or Whatever. It would go like this:   "Ugh. We hired this dumb rich girl, and she already missed her first day to go to Hawaii and then she says she got shot and has amnesia or something? So they transferred her, and now her boyfriend is in jail for helping a pimp or something? So much drama, and I couldn't even take a half-day last Friday to get ready for Ashley's wedding!"

• Love 9

I love that dumb Noah would think that rich people who grew up rich in Beverly Hills would find his money at all interesting. Well, except for the fact that the main cast isn't wealthy anymore, they have all been normalized down to comfortably middle class.

(Which I know is rich in a lot of the rest of the world. )

• Love 2

Everyone on this show is HORRENDOUS at this point. I guess the only people still watching were people who had seen the other seasons? Because imagine if you watched for the first time this season - there's no way you would stay around to watch this bunch of nincompoops and their boring, boring storylines. I mean, I kept watching because I'm a 'bitter-ender', but Jesus, Mary, Joseph and Ethel Merman, this show suuuuuuucks! Thank you for watching it for us, @Tara Ariano and @Sarah D. Bunting. At the very (very) least, you two each deserve a gift bag from the Pleasure Hut.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

Ugh. We hired this dumb rich girl, and she already missed her first day to go to Hawaii and then she says she got shot and has amnesia or something? So they transferred her, and now her boyfriend is in jail for helping a pimp or something? So much drama, and I couldn't even take a half-day last Friday to get ready for Ashley's wedding!"

Hilarious!  Same with thyou viewpoint of the waitresses from the club.  “So, remember how I said I worked for this really pretty girl at the club? Well, she sold her business to that dope of a partner and it’s been going down hill ever since.”

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

“So, remember how I said I worked for this really pretty girl at the club? Well, she sold her business to that dope of a partner and it’s been going down hill ever since.”

OMG and then he set the place on fire and threw a temper tantrum and now the guy that is dating his ex-girlfriend is the boss and it's ridiculous and none of this would be happening if Valerie still owned the club and now it looks like she is going out with that dumbass David and I am totally going to quit.

• Love 5

"This guy's been running this place into the ground for months and then he shuts the place down to fuck off to Hawaii for a week which means that's a week that I'm not making any money, then he can't pay for the fucking beer nuts, he let an antisemite rile up a crowd of Neo-Nazis, and then he set the place on fire. AND he dropped one of his giant stupid rings on my foot and the massive weight of it broke my toe. This job fucking blows, I don't care how much free food I get at the Peach Pit."

• Love 4

"It's a flight to London, not prom." Excuse me, I think you mean "it's a flight to London, not a trip to the doctor."

Oh my god, Donna's blue shirt. Even if she had normal cleavage that shirt would be ridiculous (although Val seems to be wearing almost the same thing and it, of course, looks great on her).

• Love 1

You know, yes, we give Donna Martin a lot of shit, but I have never had much of a negative opinion about Tori Spelling. She seems to fuck up her life a lot, but that's her business. Her mother seems to be very spiteful. Maybe Tori was so horrible she deserves to be cut off, but I really don't think so. It seems like she was never taught how to handle money, and now she is in way over her head. Her mother has BILLIONS of dollars. I feel like she could help her out with a loan. Or perhaps she did all of that and Tori keeps fucking it up. But is she really that horrible? I don't think she is. Michael Douglas's son, for example, is a criminal. Tori is not a criminal, just super dumb and terrible with money because she was spoiled rotten.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2018 at 5:15 PM, ZeroDiscipline said:

You know, yes, we give Donna Martin a lot of shit, but I have never had much of a negative opinion about Tori Spelling. She seems to fuck up her life a lot, but that's her business. Her mother seems to be very spiteful. Maybe Tori was so horrible she deserves to be cut off, but I really don't think so. It seems like she was never taught how to handle money, and now she is in way over her head. Her mother has BILLIONS of dollars. I feel like she could help her out with a loan. Or perhaps she did all of that and Tori keeps fucking it up. But is she really that horrible? I don't think she is. Michael Douglas's son, for example, is a criminal. Tori is not a criminal, just super dumb and terrible with money because she was spoiled rotten.

Right.  Her parents created her and gave her basically no tools or skills to adult by herself.  It's long past time for her to have taken control of her own life however I honestly don't think she's capable.

And her husband makes things a million times worse.

• Love 1

This makes me so sad.  I only have 2 kids and it's a lot of work.  My SIL has 4 but doesn't work, her husband is a doctor, and my MIL lives with them full time.  It seemed that Tori was really struggling financially and was doing whatever she could to leverage her "fame".  That is so sad.  

I can understand why Candy is mad (didn't Tori have an affair with Dean and divorce hubs #1?) However, as a mom, I can't imagine being THAT mad at my child that I'd want her and my grandkids to suffer.  I would totally pull an Emily Gilmore and rescue things. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Candy already pays Tori and Dean's household bills, for their food, she pays for their vehicles and the kids private schools. I don't blame her for not paying more no matter how much money she has.  Tori has made horrible financial decisions that have put them where they are. Randy grew up in the same house and was left the same inheritance and he's doing fine. There comes a time in everyone's lives where you have to take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming your parents /childhood. The only people I feel sorry for here are Candy and the children.  

If I was Candy,  I wouldn't be giving her a penny. 

There's a lot of conversations about this in the Tori and Dean thread. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5