Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/12/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

While I do like Meghan, I just don't think she is the right fit for the way the View is set up. I like hearing both liberal and conservatives but I think today was very telling. Sherri got along with Elisabeth Hassel back for years and even had her in her wedding. It only took till the second day for Sherri to tell Meghan to calm down.

I actually think Elisabeth did better in this type of View format than Meghan has. 

I really don't see Meghan coming back for another season, I just really dont. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

While I do like Meghan, I just don't think she is the right fit for the way the View is set up. I like hearing both liberal and conservatives but I think today was very telling. Sherri got along with Elisabeth Hassel back for years and even had her in her wedding. It only took till the second day for Sherri to tell Meghan to calm down.

I actually think Elisabeth did better in this type of View format than Meghan has. 

I really don't see Meghan coming back for another season, I just really dont. 

I agree. While I found Elizabeth repulsive much of the time, she never made me uncomfortable or cringe (well, except the split screen and crawling onto Bawa's lap). Views aside, MM makes me cringe multiple times per episode. It's not what she believes, but her attitude and mannerisms. 

• Love 8

Yes, people have liberal or conservative tendencies.  But you can vote for the person that you believe reflects your view point.

I am and have always been capital L liberal, but have voted for the candidate, municipally, provincially, and federally that might not be Liberal.

I don't understand this new idea in the US that makes people Liberal or Republican.  You can look at each candidate and decide.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Her big problem is that  she has her talking points that she has to say. Instead of listening to what is being said to her and reacting accordingly. She cannot handle people challenging her worldview.  She gets flustered, defensive and angry. She takes everything as a personal attack. 

So true re the talking points. "Agency" was MM's new word of the day yesterday. 

Also not smart enough about politics or other "veneers" (now I want to use that term in every sentence),   to figure out the basic terms of whatever issue that she is going to spout off/pontificate about ahead of time, like on the weekend when MM is discussing the issues with all her close political  friends and political family. 

Did MM also say that she talks to Jesus every morning?  I don't recall her mentioning any religious practice before.

Sherry was great at defusing Miss Snowflake's impact, (and deflating MM's childish ego) by making light of her frustration. I'm all for bringing Sherry back more often, alternatively with Ana, of course.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

I will never complain about Jedi again.

Jedi was more comfortable in the seat than Meghan, but I don't miss, or want, Jedi back.   And just to be clear, I don't want Meghan either! 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, people have liberal or conservative tendencies.  But you can vote for the person that you believe reflects your view point.

I am and have always been capital L liberal, but have voted for the candidate, municipally, provincially, and federally that might not be Liberal.

I don't understand this new idea in the US that makes people Liberal or Republican.  You can look at each candidate and decide.

I do agree with you, which is why I've always listed myself as Independent since I've voted for both sides. But the majority of people in the US do label them self as either a Republican or Democrat. So Sunny, labeled herself a democrat, she openly said that. My point is whether you use the labels of Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, Right wing or Left wing, isn't it all labels that society and the majority of people often use when describing their political beliefs?

Articles, media, and etc often interchange Conservatives with Republicans and Liberals with democrats. I guess I just don't understand if a person doesn't want to be labeled then why use a label of Republican or democrat?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Meghan has been "in politics her whole life".  You would think she would know it's not liberal/conservative world.

40 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Did MM also say that she talks to Jesus every morning?  I don't recall her mentioning any religious practice before.

As I have said before Meghan is playing to the base.  I personally don't believe she is as "conservative" as she claims to be.  I think she is playing a role.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

As I have said before Meghan is playing to the base.  I personally don't believe she is as "conservative" as she claims to be.  I think she is playing a role.

She's not a very good actress then, either. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I've always referred to liberals being more democratic, and conservatives as being republicans. I've seen the ladies on the View as well as other shows often refer to that as well. Sunny has said on the show she is a democrat, so I don't think it's a stretch to call her a liberal. She stands for gay rights, she's for gun control, and she does not believe abortion should be illegal. 

I wouldn't call her a conservative. 

This is not true. She doesn't believe in abortion, as she has stated many times. But because the law says it is legal, she is not going to say women or girls who want or need to get an abortion, should not. She has also said, if abortion was illegal, she would support that law as well.

This show likes to break it down to either or. One can be socially Conservative, like Sonny is in some things, liberal, progressive in others, like, oh, I don't know, human RIGHTS. Or some identify as liberals, but can be conservative in some things, like fiscally conservative.

3 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I do agree with you, which is why I've always listed myself as Independent since I've voted for both sides. But the majority of people in the US do label them self as either a Republican or Democrat. So Sunny, labeled herself a democrat, she openly said that. My point is whether you use the labels of Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, Right wing or Left wing, isn't it all labels that society and the majority of people often use when describing their political beliefs?

Articles, media, and etc often interchange Conservatives with Republicans and Liberals with democrats. I guess I just don't understand if a person doesn't want to be labeled then why use a label of Republican or democrat?

I can't speak for anyone, but the media can shut up about this; but it's the "pundits," "commentators," propaganda folks, who love to use labels and the media has joined the bandwagon.  Those particular "labels" if you will, for most of my life, had to do with who your political/party affiliation was; it didn't DEFINE you. And for a lot of years, I didn't know which way my teachers, bosses, colleagues, or journalists voted because it was a private thing, and none of my business. On this show and everywhere else, it's like you have to tell everyone what Party you vote for before they decide they want to associate with you or be your friend, etc.

While I agree that Jedifoxbot had a sense of humor, could laugh at herself; she was just as insufferable, but lacked the anger and hostility that Meghan has in abundance. And she wasn't an uninformed idiot about most things. Just some things.  I don't want her back, either.

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I believe she is everything she says she is; her words and attitude and reactions to the opposite have proven that. She thrives on trying to get Joy's goat or "get her." She does it every single day. That's not role playing to me. It's like she's got a personal grudge against Joy.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

On this show and everywhere else, it's like you have to tell everyone what Party you vote for before they decide they want to associate with you or be your friend, etc.

When the show was on with the original co-hosts I only remember Star being open about which political party she belonged to. She proudly said she was Democrat.   You could tell Joy was a liberal but I don't remember her saying she was a Democrat.  I didn't watch when Debbie was on so no clue about her.  But Meredith, Barbara, and Lisa never really let us know which side they swung to.  

I think now on the View they feel like they need to represent each side.  Which is fine but every cohost they have to represent the right seems to do such a poor job of it.

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's like she's got a personal grudge against Joy.

She has since day one. Which I simply do not understand.  Unless there is some unknown history between the two of them Meghan's animosity towards Joy seems very odd.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has since day one. Which I simply do not understand.  Unless there is some unknown history between the two of them Meghan's animosity towards Joy seems very odd.

The only think I can think of is maybe years ago Joy made a John McCain joke in her stand-up routine or on TV and Meghan is still holding a grudge.  

• Love 7

Yeah, blondie and GScorpios, it's a weird grudge that MM has against Joy.

Wouldn't it be F-AWESOME if Joy said to MM, after one of those snotty side remarks using Joy's name:

" What is your problem with me, Meghan? Why specifically do you hate about liberals?  How does Clay feel about that?" 

"So, you can forgive Drumpf for insulting your father on nationwide tv, but not me?"

Edited by Tosia
Gah, I don't really care. Joy can take care of herself.
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

While I agree that Jedifoxbot had a sense of humor, could laugh at herself; she was just as insufferable, but lacked the anger and hostility that Meghan has in abundance. And she wasn't an uninformed idiot about most things. Just some things.  I don't want her back, either.

Don't forget, Jed also never had an ally in Whoopi. I didn't agree with Jed pretty much ever but I hated how much Whoopi would cut her off, something she rarely does with Meghan. 

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

" What is your problem with me, Meghan? Why specifically do you hate about liberals?  How does Clay feel about that?" 

At the end of the day I don't think Joy cares about Meggie trying to push her buttons on the show because she knows that's what Meggie wants. We're only now seeing Joy get upset at Meggie for saying one of the many stupid things she says daily (ex: Meggie wrongly accusing Joy of laughing at abuse victims).

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has since day one. Which I simply do not understand.  Unless there is some unknown history between the two of them Meghan's animosity towards Joy seems very odd

She came out of the gate saying she'd never agree with Joy on anything and that she admired Bitsy so she seems to want to create some sort of legacy during her time on the show but I don't think it's going the way she planned.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She came out of the gate saying she'd never agree with Joy on anything and that she admired Bitsy so she seems to want to create some sort of legacy during her time on the show but I don't think it's going the way she planned.

If Meghan thinks being obnoxious, nasty and just an overall bitch will ensure her legacy mission accomplished.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

First, there are a lot of Americans who have to use the label of Democrat or Republican in order to vote in primaries, but don't necessarily adopt those labels to describe themselves. And you certainly don't need to line up on one side or the other as far as liberal/conservative.  It  IS about describing yourself, not about someone else describing you.   Sunny holds some liberal views.  But if she doesn't define herself as "a liberal", she can reject that label.  Sunny never said she wasn't liberal, she questioned Meghan for using that term to describe her.  And then Meghan said, Ok, you're a conservative, then.    Meghan is the one who finds labels "exhausting", yet here she is insisting that a co-host define her views as one or the other.  

In conservative circles, calling someone "liberal"  is something of an insult. It goes along with "bleeding heart liberal" which has the connotation "someone who wants to take my well-earned money away from me to give it to people too lazy or too stupid to get their own,"   Or "liberal snowflake", which means "someone who gets bent out of shape when others use speech they consider politically incorrect."  So when Meghan says "you're a liberal", she's putting someone in a category of people with whom she disagrees.  She says Joy is the most liberal person she's ever met, and that she will never agree with Joy on anything.  So, yeah, Sunny was right to question Meghan putting a label on her.  

• Love 13

Why does Meghan display such hostility toward Joy?  part of it is playing to the conservatives.  Conservatives hate Joy. 

But part of it was also personal.  I think Meghan joined The View with the intent of taking down someone she saw as an enemy.  Joy was very vocal in criticizing John McCain's attack ads, choice of running mate, and cheating on his first wife.  

Edited by backformore
ETA: didn't want to break the rules, so I edited.
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, bannana said:

And somehow, too many pundits pronounce "liberal" with a sneer.   It's almost said in the same tone as "child molester."

• Love 9
19 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

The in laws being evangelicals also explains her intial " so embarrassed discussing sex" stance. 

She has explained in the past how uncomfortable her mother always was/is about discussing anything sexual.  Meghan claims the same discomfort.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Take a shot, MM just used the word "tribal" again.

Drink!

I burst out laughing when Meghan asked Michael how it feels to play a character that is so angry.  Look in the mirror, Meggie.

• Love 17
23 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan asks, "when was Omarosa around Mike Pence?"  Shut UP, Meghan!  they both worked in the white house - you didn't.  So how do YOU know  who may have talked to each other?  

And, the very important Omarosa was trotted out (or more likely trotted herself out) to sit in one of the side chairs at EVERY televised press conference.  Stories are that she had as much access to our President as she wished.   Surely she was able to slither around anyone/everyone in the White House, including the VP.   And, yeah, Shut UP, Meghan!

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I wish they’d hire Yvette. Nicole Brown.  She’s such a natural.

I  thought about this yesterday.  Comics seem to be the better cohosts (Whoopi being the exception).  I think it's because they are fast on their feet.  From years of having to deal with hecklers in the clubs.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Comics seem to be the better cohosts (Whoopi being the exception).  I think it's because they are fast on their feet.  From years of having to deal with hecklers in the clubs.

Comics are also essentially writers, there's usually a beginning, a middle and an end when they speak.  Unlike "What about the Democrats?!"

• Love 9
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan has been "in politics her whole life".  You would think she would know it's not liberal/conservative world.

I agree.  She used to tout being the "new face of the Republican Party" and now she is marching in line with the old, white folks.

58 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I burst out laughing when Meghan asked Michael how it feels to play a character that is so angry.  Look in the mirror, Meggie.

Good one!

1 hour ago, Wavy said:

Checked out Polling Report, and couldn't find a major poll where Trump is breaking even.  I wonder which poll Meghan was referring to today?

Her husband's Federalist?  She completely changed who she was or reported to be anyways.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

Why does Meghan display such hostility toward Joy?  part of it is playing to the conservatives.  Conservatives hate Joy. 

Conservatives hate Meghan too.  Google it.

She really is losing it on the show.  She can't even perform in a talk show atmosphere.  She waits to pounce and always has a sour look on her face.  Why is she even there?

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

She really is losing it on the show.  She can't even perform in a talk show atmosphere.  She waits to pounce and always has a sour look on her face.  Why is she even there?

Meghan once again pointed out the one person who clapped for her in the audience (I forgot what she was talking about). She really isn't made to be in a talk show atmosphere, you're absolutely right. She has been on the show for months now and still throws a hissy fit about the audience clapping (or not clapping) at something she says.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I agree.  She used to tout being the "new face of the Republican Party" and now she is marching in line with the old, white folks.

Good one!

Her husband's Federalist?  She completely changed who she was or reported to be anyways.

She seems to be in no man's land.  The right eyes her suspiciously.  The left wants nothing to do with her.  And she has no one to blame but herself.  She is coming across just as Elisabeth did.  As being inauthentic.  Everything she says has an agenda attached to it.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Good one!

Why do the hate her? she has not deviated from their talking points of deny, deflect and distort and don't forget my favorite of what about so and so, when things don't go their way.

Megan is angry because she has not converted us to her way of thinking.  I am pretty sure the trolls who hate her are merciless in their attacks.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's like she's got a personal grudge against Joy.

The Fox Right Wing loathes Joy. She is their version of Ann Coulter. Just today, a Facebook friend went on a major rant about Joy talking about talking to Jesus yesterday. I am sure Meghan feels that Joy is THE one to take on, because she is Enemy Number One in pop culture to the Fox base. The great thing is, Joy really doesn't care!

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

The great thing is, Joy really doesn't care!

She really doesn't. Hence the "So What? Who Caaares?" that has been so successful and her stance. The only thing, aside from Meghan accusing her of making fun of abuse victims last Friday, that Joy has ever gotten under her skin was that interview with Bill O'Reilly and his racist statements about Muslims. Remember, both she and Whoopi walked off, and never apologized.

So Meghan can try to goad Joy all she likes, but Joy is a professional and will let it all slide down her back and not give a damn.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She really doesn't. Hence the "So What? Who Caaares?" that has been so successful and her stance. The only thing, aside from Meghan accusing her of making fun of abuse victims last Friday, that Joy has ever gotten under her skin was that interview with Bill O'Reilly and his racist statements about Muslims. Remember, both she and Whoopi walked off, and never apologized.

So Meghan can try to goad Joy all she likes, but Joy is a professional and will let it all slide down her back and not give a damn.

Joy is comfortable with who she is and makes no apologies for it.  Who you see is who you get with Joy.    She has a full life outside the View and doesn't define herself by her political beliefs. Meghan could learn a thing or two from Joy.

• Love 19
32 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

The Fox Right Wing loathes Joy. She is their version of Ann Coulter. Just today, a Facebook friend went on a major rant about Joy talking about talking to Jesus yesterday. I am sure Meghan feels that Joy is THE one to take on, because she is Enemy Number One in pop culture to the Fox base. The great thing is, Joy really doesn't care!

Why is she hated? she is not very extreme in her views..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I  thought about this yesterday.  Comics seem to be the better cohosts (Whoopi being the exception).  I think it's because they are fast on their feet.  From years of having to deal with hecklers in the clubs.

That's why I wondered/posted yesterday about conservative comedians.  At least they could fight back with a joke, instead of sitting there pouting.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

She walks out with a chip on her shoulder every day like she's appearing on Face The Nation or The Hunger Games. She doesn't listen to the flow of the conversations; instead, she listens for keywords, and more often than not, they trigger her into a preplanned -- and often off-subject -- rant.

Exactly!  I said it before, Meghan is lathered up before she sits down at the table. 

Everything she says seems rehearsed and she has an agenda to spit nails. She might even be more dependent on the blue cards than Bitsy was.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is not true. She doesn't believe in abortion, as she has stated many times. But because the law says it is legal, she is not going to say women or girls who want or need to get an abortion, should not. She has also said, if abortion was illegal, she would support that law as well.

This is one of those topics that I don't think anyone can really agree on, who is labeled as pro-choice or pro-life.  It reminds me of the episode, when both Joy and Whoopi kept telling Sunny that she was pro-choice, and when she denied it, Whoopi said, "No, you are pro-choice, and explained to her why.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I love her!  I think they should definitely make her a regular.  Yvette and Ana can replace Whoopie and Meghan.

Her segment was hysterical!  4 and 5 yo!!  Yikes, Im worried hee.  Even if they hired her at first to do the out in the field stuff.  She would love it and I know I certainly would.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Stacee said:

When Sunny was on Wendy Williams, she said she and Meghan go out after the show and drink bourbon.

I didn't believe Sunny then.

And I really don't believe her now.

I believe that as much as I believed Sunny and Dr. Husband can't afford to go on vacation because they pay so much tax.

The show ends at noon so they are not out drinking bourbon. They probably only see each other on the show. Don't start that they all love each other and get along.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Drink!

I actually vomited a little in my mouth when she said that. Bells and alarms going off all across town.  Ok just yanking yer chains...but I sure did have that look on my face, of vomiting in my mouth.  Just another shot waiting to be downed.  I will graciously accept the responsibility.

Just now, OnTime said:

I believe that as much as I believed Sunny and Dr. Husband can't afford to go on vacation because they pay so much tax.

The show ends at noon so they are not out drinking bourbon. They probably only see each other on the show. Don't start that they all love each other and get along.

Maybe 1 time I can buy it.  Working late one night, ran into each other, however it happened. But I m sure after that Sunny was Noooooooooooo Bueno!

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Even if they hired her at first to do the out in the field stuff.

I think she makes too much money and enjoys her TV acting career.  She probably has several production deals.  Still, these little episodes shouldn't take up to much of her time and we'd ENJOY them so much~

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan once again pointed out the one person who clapped for her in the audience (I forgot what she was talking about). She really isn't made to be in a talk show atmosphere, you're absolutely right. She has been on the show for months now and still throws a hissy fit about the audience clapping (or not clapping) at something she says.

I wonder what would happen if the audience started booing. Would it even be allowed? You can say what you want about Jed , you could tell she was really happy to be there everyday. I miss her grand entrances. singing and dancing up a storm.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Just today, a Facebook friend went on a major rant about Joy talking about talking to Jesus yesterday.

Hate to nitpick (or do I?).  Joy has no problem with people who talk TO Jesus (me neither); the problem is with those who claim that He talks to them--those who claim to actually hear voices.  My question is, "How does one know it's Jesus?  Is His voice different from God the Father's... or the Holy Ghost's*?"   

*My religious life was from 1940 to 1965 in the days when He was a "Ghost" rather than a Spirit.

3 minutes ago, Orillia said:

You can say what you want about Jed , you could tell she was really happy to be there everyday. I miss her grand entrances. singing and dancing up a storm.

I enjoyed those entrances only because they invited such snarky comments from several of us.

• Love 14

My other favorite entrance is when they come out and they're so engrossed in what they're yapping about that they can't stop talking. even for the 5 seconds it takes to get to the desk. Must be some  pretty serious stuff.

• Love 1

Yes, I remember Jed doing a jig every morning like she was the one the whole audience came to see. So glad I don't have to see her anymore. I at least smile at Meghan walking out already looking pissed off like she was just slapped offscreen.

Today was a boring show, tbh. I've loved the Black Panther actors showing up, especially Chadwick Boseman. I thought it was funny that the ladies all made over Jordan today, but Boseman is so much more handsome. I guess it's just me. *shrug*

I laughed when they couldn't even get the wind machine to work at the end. I believe that's happened several times they've tried doing that little game. What a mess.

Yvette's video with the kids was adorable.

• Love 7