Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E08: Mercenaries of Mayhem

Drogo
  • Start Topic

So why did John deserve to be in the Troika more than Cara Maria? He's already been in more than once. His new and  improved and sane version of Camilla is already in the Troika and I'm sure she'll be happy to vote his way. What else does he need to control? Why don't MTV just give him his own little bullshit spinoff show so the rest of us can enjoy a Challenge without his smug ass?

I'm going to miss Joss and his thighs. I can't tell if he just accidentally let go or he was just done and wanted the whole thing over. Either way it sucked for me!

Kam, you can't talk all big and bad and then not even attempt the challenge! Girl! Also she should have just let it become a tie and have the Troika pick her because you know she's going to be one of their choices anyway and will end up in the elimination.

"Me and Jemmye are friends outside of the challenge but Kam has been better to me so I had to pick Jemmye!" Marie is just so fake and grasping. Didn't she do this same thing when she tried to bust Kailiah and Jenna in the Dirty 30?

• Love 9

I wonder if it’s possible for Tori to ever not be incredibly fucking annoying.  It was very pleasing that she was the only mercenary who lost.

Joss is so pretty.  What a bummer that he ran into a Rottweiler.  I would have loved seeing Joss mow down Jordan and Derrick kick Shane’s ass.

That challenge was dumb and not too terribly well thought out.  But at least Cara TRIED, Kam.

• Love 4

The elimination between Derrick and Joss was crazy. Amazing how long they both lasted but what an underwhelming way for Joss to go out after putting up a fight for so long. 

Speaking of Derrick... is there a solid timeline on him, britni, and Brad? D&B were making out at the dirty 30 reunion. Was that filmed before this show started? It’s sad that I care but I want to know. 

What idiot producer came up with that challenge? Did they at least successfully test it (with multiple people completing all five cars) before running it? The cars being above water seemed tricky enough. No need to add rain! Or maybe over the middle car at most. Not all of them! And Zach broke that rear window and glass went everywhere. I would have not gone past the first car either (if I even made it off the start platform).

I admit I’ve never been a Marie fan. She is pretty lookswise if you’ve never heard her open her mouth but the second she does... ugh. Her personality just makes her so unattractive. Hoping she goes next week. 

I’m enjoying devin and jemmye’s commentary this season. If only they could back up all of the smack talk in the challenges. 

Edited by UGAmp
  • Love 4

Derrick is an awesome competitor and has always been one of my favorites. Joss underestimated him tremendously.

I thought Nelson did a great job in this week's challenge and so did Zach. There was no way Cara was going to make it far with the lube on her and the rain, but she at least tried and did make it further than Kam.

It was scary how Leroy fell into the water and was just floating like that. I'm glad he was ok.

Johnny in the Troika again?! The guy will make it to the end without any problem. I look forward to next week when Devin is annoying him.

• Love 7

This week: Leroy almost dies, Joss comes closer than him. Oh, and Kam has been anointed queen after winning a Ring against a one-timer who finished third on her season. Really, wouldn't long-time fans want Tori Deal to be swapped out for Tori Hall? And you think Brad is insane now . . .

Seriously, BMP has to fix endgames to prevent near-infinite stalemates. Watching Joss learn a hard lesson about underestimation from Derrick is awesome. Watching Derrick curse out the git and slam him to the ground was fun. But they went at it for an hour. Veronica got pulled after breaking a finger . . . and those two look like one of them is going at any minute. Also, it makes Veronica look like a punk bitch for getting pulled by comparison, even though that was legit. Not like she's Chet, after all. And, of course, Joss winds up losing on a technicality . . . probably because he was distracted by loved ones beckoning him towards the light. Bottom line: one day, we might get something a lot worse than a broken finger. CT didn't get to carry Johnny back and forth for an hour, slamming him into barrels.

Also gotta love the aftermath. Silly Shane . . . you lost. You're not getting any money. You're never getting any money as long as you keep coming back. All that was missing was Teege ending it with "Good day, Shane. I SAID GOOD DAY."

Mission: brings back memories of the Saturn missions from way back. Suspending cars above the water, ordering people to crawl on top and into them, and add pouring water? Sure, why not? Before Leroy's brush with the Reaper, there was Zach breaking windows. In retrospect, I'm thinking maybe the cars were equipped with plastic that wouldn't cut when shattered. Otherwise, Zach is endangering everybody's lives. Then Leroy falls and almost dies. Probably not, but it looked bad. And Leroy is a nice dude, even if he's up Johnny's butt most of the time, so that sucks. And then Johnny freezes Cara Maria out of the Troika. Of course. And Devin gives him shit next week. Like Johnny will be inconvenienced. He's gone two Challenges without a win, so BMP is going to help him out a lot.

ETA: There is no Chad, only Chet. And is anybody giving a fuck about keeping up with which players have money?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

Kam, shut the fuck up. Don’t try to come for Cara, when you throw a grenade at her and she fucking kicks ass( better then most of the women) and at least tried, but you can’t even make it a couple inches.

Marie, you are annoying and I hate you. I can’t believe out of that group, I am liking Kailah again.

Derrick is a fucking animal. When can we get a Darrell vs Derrick pole wrestling elimination?

• Love 8

I don’t like Kam but Cara acting so put out that she used the grenade on her was annoying. It’s always the same bs that nothing can be done to the vets.

Why was Tori picked to do the elimination. That was a joke.

• Love 4

I've never been bothered by Johnny getting so far in these games because he is a good competitor and he knows how to manipulate the game (and it's funny to me how people keep believing his bullshit). However, this season I'm pretty annoyed how wins keep falling in his lap. How is he constantly in the Troika when he hasn't won a game in several episodes? Nelson is the only one that makes it across and that puts Johnny at the top, that's crap.

• Love 6

Derrick is tough but he's smart too.  He just grabbed the ring, wrested it out of Joss' arms using his torso as leverage and then held it with a tight grip under his body.

He wanted Joss to expend a lot of energy prying it from him.

A lot of the time, Joss was pulling not just against Derrick but basically pulling his whole weight.  At the end of it, Joss had worked a lot more than Derrick.

But what is the incentive for these mercenaries to go all out?  Do they get a bonus for winning?  If they don't get a shot at the prize money, why would they go all out.

• Love 2

I like Derrick a lot, but it fucking sucks that Joss is gone from the game. He seems like a nice dude and is clearly a physical beast. I respect Jordan a ton, but I think Joss beats him in that elimination. We know Joss would have destroyed Shane. But he got the worst opponent, outside of an in shape CT or Darrell, to go against. And to lose on a mental error makes it worse. I hope he becomes a regular. 

The safety precautions on this show are seemingly non-existent. Apparently the cars challenge took place over two days after Zach and Nelson both smashed through the back windows and needed stitches. They supposedly made sure the windows would no longer smash(I would think they would have done that to start), and once they did, it was impossible to make it all the way across.

Tori looked like she didn’t try. Kam is a good competitor, but she’s not as good as she thinks she is. Hopefully we see her and Cara in an elimination against each other.

Bananas is basically running the way the game is set up. He flat out said in a reddit AMA yesterday that he is basically a producer at this point. It seems like this season is being set up for him to win. With Joss gone, only Zach and Brad can beat him in a final. It’s pretty clear, at most, he’ll only have to compete in one elimination. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, scrb said:

Derrick is tough but he's smart too.  He just grabbed the ring, wrested it out of Joss' arms using his torso as leverage and then held it with a tight grip under his body.

A lot of the time, Joss was pulling not just against Derrick but basically pulling his whole weight.  At the end of it, Joss had worked a lot more than Derrick.

But what is the incentive for these mercenaries to go all out?  Do they get a bonus for winning?  If they don't get a shot at the prize money, why would they go all out.

Smart as in having good grappling/wrestling instincts? Yes. Smart as in overall intelligence? Nope. Derrick embarrassed himself in the Dirty 30 final when he didn’t even try to help with the mental/puzzle portion of the final. It made me question whether he could ever win an individual season. His 3 wins were in large part due to being a Kenny/Evan/Johnny lackey. He’s the perfect soldier who does best in a team format, where his weaknesses can be covered up.  Which is no different than most Challengers, if I’m being honest. I hate Bananas, but I’ll give him credit, he is built for finals and is well rounded as a competitor. There are only a handful of recent guys you can say that about(Jordan,CT,Wes,Darrell, and Johnny). 

3 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

I think I love Jemmye. 

Marie"I want to see Jemmye in the elimination."

Jemmye"but you won't"

Hysterical.

This was my favorite part as well.

That elimination round was brutal.  There was one point where Joss was just slamming Derrick back and forth and back and forth like a fricken cartoon character.  I'm shocked that both of them walked out there relatively in one piece save for a busted eyebrow.

• Love 2

I love Derrick, but I am not happy Joss is out of the game.  Why? Because Bananas was happy Joss was out of the game.  Joss was a clear threat.  

And if there was any doubt that Bananas is the crown prince of this sh*t, the after show was a disgusting display of kissing his ass.  I keep wondering when the rest of the cast will catch their snap and all team up against him.  Make him earn his way to a final.  He won't.  He sucks at eliminations... he is good at challenges and finals.  They should be putting him in every chance they get.  Maybe producers figured out that in a cast full of people who do not worship at the throne, they had to come up with a way to keep Bananas in control... hence the stupid Troika. Ugh. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, scrb said:

But Derrick's tactic was afforded to him by the circumstances. He had no skin in the game. He could afford to hold on and hope to wear down his competitor. For the person who's fighting to stay in the competition, assuming a position and allowing your opponent to attack you in all fashion creates a greater probability of vulnerability and that's all you need for your opponent to grab the ring and be off with it. If Joss had played Derrick's strategy and lost, I think he would be going home with a lot more regret because he would have lost in a manner where he didn't even use his strengths to his advantage. That said, Joss vs Derrick was one of the best and most competitive eliminations I've seen. I thought Joss was setting himself up for an embarrassing exit with how he underestimated Derrick just because of his size but he was a force of his own. I would bet on Derrick against any of the Challenge vets so to see Joss match him was pretty damn impressive. I would love to see him come back for other challenges.

Who was the bright person that thought of this car challenge? This challenge wasn't fair. They changed up the challenge which made it basically impossible for all the other teams to compete. 

OT: I was randomly googling the British contestants and came across Kyle...uhhh, after seeing the before and after of his hair transplant, now I don't think I'll ever take him seriously, lol.  

• Love 2

Why did Natalie have to be in the Troika, she has already been in also. She wouldn't be put up because of Bananas. 

Why can't these fuckers get their heads out of Bananas asshole? Quit playing his game and play your own, no who that fucker wants to leave. That is why I love Devin and Wes, they know to have a chance to win, they need to take him out but the other fuckers are too busy fighting for ass space.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, mojoween said:

I wonder if it’s possible for Tori to ever not be incredibly fucking annoying.  It was very pleasing that she was the only mercenary who lost.

I thought I was the only who found her so annoying. She drives me nuts. I was glad she lost but that Kam girl has a really high view of herself. 

I wondered about the timeline too because Britni was freaking out with that match, "OHHH, don't hurt him!" 

18 hours ago, UGAmp said:

The elimination between Derrick and Joss was crazy. Amazing how long they both lasted but what an underwhelming way for Joss to go out after putting up a fight for so long. 

Speaking of Derrick... is there a solid timeline on him, britni, and Brad? D&B were making out at the dirty 30 reunion. Was that filmed before this show started? It’s sad that I care but I want to know. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

But Derrick's tactic was afforded to him by the circumstances. He had no skin in the game. He could afford to hold on and hope to wear down his competitor. For the person who's fighting to stay in the competition, assuming a position and allowing your opponent to attack you in all fashion creates a greater probability of vulnerability and that's all you need for your opponent to grab the ring and be off with it. If Joss had played Derrick's strategy and lost, I think he would be going home with a lot more regret because he would have lost in a manner where he didn't even use his strengths to his advantage. That said, Joss vs Derrick was one of the best and most competitive eliminations I've seen. I thought Joss was setting himself up for an embarrassing exit with how he underestimated Derrick just because of his size but he was a force of his own. I would bet on Derrick against any of the Challenge vets so to see Joss match him was pretty damn impressive. I would love to see him come back for other challenges.

Who was the bright person that thought of this car challenge? This challenge wasn't fair. They changed up the challenge which made it basically impossible for all the other teams to compete. 

OT: I was randomly googling the British contestants and came across Kyle...uhhh, after seeing the before and after of his hair transplant, now I don't think I'll ever take him seriously, lol.  

I had to google that! The pics made me want to barf...why I ask...why did he do that?!

• Love 1

Bananas is basically running the way the game is set up. He flat out said in a reddit AMA yesterday that he is basically a producer at this point. It seems like this season is being set up for him to win. With Joss gone, only Zach and Brad can beat him in a final. It’s pretty clear, at most, he’ll only have to compete in one elimination. 

He said on the aftershow that he told the producers when he got there about the notes and most of them were like 'wtf, but you do you.' On a related WTF note, MTV really shouldn't tease me with a 90 minute challenge episode only to give me a regular Challenge episode and a half hour aftershow that killed my brain cells.  

During the car challenge, I was really surprised that the show didn't have anyone on the water to go to anyone's rescue. They showed someone swimming from the dock/pier, but you would think someone would have been in a boat for faster rescue. Survivor manages to hide their water rescue team quite well; Challenge could learn from that. 

• Love 3

Kam, chill out. You barely won an elimination against Tori. Nothing really bad ass about it. Also seriously, way to talk shit about Cara and then you don't even attempt the challenge. Guess you're not a bad bitch. Take several seats. Cara ended up doing better than most of the girls, too. I used to really love Cara, but she did some stuff I didn't care for. Still I find myself rooting for her, have a soft spot for her. I think Zach was right when he said that the grenade Kam used on Cara more than likely came from Kailah and Marie. Glad to see it back fire. I'd also like to see Jemmye and Marie both be gone. I mean do they come onto these shows just for TV time? To try and fly so under the radar that they'll magically make a final and miraculously win? I don't find either of them to be entertaining so it was great to see them arguing about going into the elimination. 

Also, Nelson should've fought for Cara to be in the troika (sp?). Why let Johnny be in there with Natalie? Essentially giving him two votes to his one. It's frustrating to see Johnny get his way and no one there to stop him....except maybe Devin. I'm excited to at least someone fight back. Whether he can do it in a challenge or elimination remains to be seen...

• Love 4
23 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Guess he thought it was make him feel more manly, lol. 

Can anyone tell me Kyle's last name so I can google his pics please.  I wondered why he kept wearing that stupid headband, personally I thought hair loss.  Then I caught a quick glimpse of him without it and I saw hair.

Yes I have a hair thing....don't judge.

Really sad Joss is gone because not only is he the only one I think that can take out Johnny BUT damn that boy is FINE!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chloerose2 said:

Can anyone tell me Kyle's last name so I can google his pics please.  I wondered why he kept wearing that stupid headband, personally I thought hair loss.  Then I caught a quick glimpse of him without it and I saw hair.

Yes I have a hair thing....don't judge.

Really sad Joss is gone because not only is he the only one I think that can take out Johnny BUT damn that boy is FINE!!!

Kyle Christie. Apparently he's had over $15K (USD) worth of plastic surgery. 

I don't know much about Marie's dating past but considering Marie had a long-term relationship with crazy Abram, I'm not surprised by her choice of suitor. Different strokes for different folks though, lol. 

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Cherry Cola said:

I had to google that! The pics made me want to barf...why I ask...why did he do that?!

Once you said that I had to look and now my life will not be the same again.  He looked like Darth Vader without his helmet on at the end of Return of the Jedi.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, mccartygirl said:

I thought I was the only who found her so annoying. She drives me nuts. I was glad she lost but that Kam girl has a really high view of herself. 

I wondered about the timeline too because Britni was freaking out with that match, "OHHH, don't hurt him!" 

Nope I am also part of that club as well.  She seems very full of herself and I really see no reason why that should be the case.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, angelamh66 said:

I love Derrick, but I am not happy Joss is out of the game.  Why? Because Bananas was happy Joss was out of the game.  Joss was a clear threat.  

And if there was any doubt that Bananas is the crown prince of this sh*t, the after show was a disgusting display of kissing his ass.  I keep wondering when the rest of the cast will catch their snap and all team up against him.  Make him earn his way to a final.  He won't.  He sucks at eliminations... he is good at challenges and finals.  They should be putting him in every chance they get.  Maybe producers figured out that in a cast full of people who do not worship at the throne, they had to come up with a way to keep Bananas in control... hence the stupid Troika. Ugh. 

I wasted a half hour of my life watching that crap.  I have not watched an after show in a couple of seasons and so I decided to check that one out.  Good god was it awful.  I mean they were always terrible but this version took it to a whole other level of suck.

• Love 1