Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Beneath Still Waters

bilgistic

Daphne struggles to accept Deacon and Jessie's relationship. The new edition to the boys' band becomes a hit. Gunnar falls back into old habits. Scarlett takes an interest in a veteran undergoing equine therapy.

Gee, Gunner couldn't keep his pants on yet again. As if I wasn't already pissed about Juliette's usual sneak out in the middle of the night bullshit last week. I will be glad when this show is over and that's a shame because I used to love it. 

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 4

Scarlett did 3 minutes of therapy on what's his name and he's having a breakthrough and singing again? Okay. Back to the stables with you. However, when she rolled her eyes at Gunner and the new girl, I laughed.

Roid Rage Will is getting some great lines. But why is he in the band again? 

Gunner (and his stupid hat) is a walking restraining order. Go away. They can also remove Alanna too. She bugs me and we don't need any more new people.

I'm a sap. I teared up at Jessie's talk with Daphne. That dinner was so awkward it was hysterical. Been there trying to blend a family, so I saw some truth going on there.

• Love 5

Yeah, I genuinely liked the talk between Jessie and Daphne.  

But I was pretty much on Daphne's side about being dragged along places.  I know that Daph's major issue is Rayna.  But dude.  Lets all be lovey dovey and walk 10 feet in front of the kids while completely wrapped up in our own thing isn't exactly a great way to win the kid over even if she isn't dealing with dead mom issues.  

Just as I predicted last week girl joins group whole group is all about girl and I get no adorkable Avery and Will band moments with, you know mildly tolerable Gunner.   No.. we get roid rage Will, almost non existent Avery and really, really annoying Gunner and girl is the most popular thing in the band.   Maybe in real life but the show I'm watching?   I want to see her less than I want to see Scarlett and her horses.  So yeah.. not so much.

But hey at least we got a break from Maddie's stupid famous boyfriend so very, very, very small silver lining.   

• Love 6

Now I too will always think of Debbie Gibson when I look at Gunnar, LOL.

I hope Scarlet stays at the horse farm and we never have to see her again. Her character has bugged me since day one and I'm not quite sure why. Actually, yes i am. It's because she seems so weak and pathetic and sad even when she has no good reason to be. Or maybe its her voice, speaking not singing because I do like the way she sings. Girl just rubs me the wrong way.

So how they gonna wrap this up? Wouldn't it be great if Juliette realized on her own that she didn't want to be in Bolivia, cult or no, and came home to her family? That'd be refreshing.

Also I loved the Love is Loud song. it was catchy as hell.

Edited by BonnieD
  • Love 3

I used to love this show.   Now I just hate it.    I want to stop watching, but I'm determined to hang in there till the end.   But I just hate it

Cannot stand Scarlett.   Cannot stand Maddie.   Cannot stand Juliette.   Cannot stand Jessie.   Cannot stand Gunnar.   Cannot stand Jonah.   Cannot stand that new girl, whatever her name is, don't care, make her go away.  

So who's left to like?   Deacon.   Avery.      Neutral on Will and Daphne right now, because they are starting to get on my last nerve.   

Sort of worried that Juliette won't return from Bolivia. and Avery will find out she's being held against her will by that cult leader.  

"Thank God Rayna died, because I couldn't stand her either.

• Love 3

I love all y'all's comments and feel or have felt the exact same way during this season.  I watch mainly for Deacon's story, but the Avery/Will/Gunnar story is a not too distant second.

Deacon and Jessie have been dating for about a month.  It's way too soon for the new love interest and the kids to be having any contact at all much less 2 obviously 'family' oriented gatherings.  And a dinner together in Rayna's house?  What the hell is Deacon thinking and why wouldn't Jessie, who seems to be familiar with child psychology, not shut him down immediately?  That said, the talk Jessie had with Daphne was done really well.  I guess we will all live happily ever after, cause a two minute talk with a fourteen year old solves all problems. : /

• Love 2

I hate the shell of a show that Nashville has become. The only semblance of what used to be is that Gunner is still screwing randoms and Juliette is still a crazy bitch. Oh, and Scarlett and Maddie are still insufferable. They never mention Hwy. 65 anymore? Just who is paying the bills over there? They aren't even making any music! Teddy just disappeared after prison, I suppose. And as much as I adore Deacon, even his storyline is fucked. We have to watch a grown man buy rubbers? I know that was last week, but still... 

I was re-watching season 1 yesterday, and the show was 100 times better than it is now. I don't even think these writers watched the first 4 seasons. There is no continuation of history with most of these characters. 

Did anyone else think that the necklace Daphne took out was the "period present" Rayna gave her? She never opened it at the time, and I've always wondered what was in the box. That was Daphne and Rayna's last big moment together. 

• Love 6

I think it would be awesome if Juliet just shows up next week like "Oh my God that cult is actually super crazy it wasn't Bolivia it was some guys backyard in Kentucky screw that" and we just see her and Avery and Cadence hanging out and being cute. 

The Deacon and Daphne stuff is really good, the best plot they have going on. I think things are going WAY too fast between Jessie and Deacon involving the kids, but I really liked the talk between Daphne and Jessie, and everyone is acting in character and sympathetic. 

I knew that Gunnar was going to hook up with the new girl, I knew it 100%. Of course we could only have our Three Bros for a few episodes before they were drenched in angst source and pointlessness. I mean, new girl has a good voice and the actress is fine, but there is nothing super interesting about her, beyond proving how Gunnar continues to make bad life choices. 

I might actually be fine with Scarlet at the horse ranch bonding with kids and singing with cute horses, but if course they have to give her a new cute but messed up boyfriend, who she helps cure of his PTSD due to one chit chat. Of course. 

• Love 1

The guy at horse therapy looks about 16. How has he already been in the service (four years minimum, right?), married and with a kid? And is looking like a love interest for Scarlett, who is what? Late 20s?

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

The guy at horse therapy looks about 16. How has he already been in the service (four years minimum, right?), married and with a kid? And is looking like a love interest for Scarlett, who is what? Late 20s?

Right? He looked like like a teenager to me and then he started talking about his life and problems and whatever.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I might actually be fine with Scarlet at the horse ranch bonding with kids and singing with cute horses, but if course they have to give her a new cute but messed up boyfriend, who she helps cure of his PTSD due to one chit chat. Of course. 

Wasn't the final break-up between Scarlett and Gunnar because Gunnar was so needy?  And now Scarlett is picking the tormented, PTSD (musical, of course) vet to 'fix'?  Damn girl, you might want to work on a little self-reflection at this point in your life.  These patterns... they are not happening randomly.  I haven't liked how Scarlett has been written since Season Two, except for when she is around Deacon.  It's like there is some kind of multiple personality thing going on with her, because I like any scenes with Deacon and Scarlett.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, seewillrun said:

Wasn't the final break-up between Scarlett and Gunnar because Gunnar was so needy?  And now Scarlett is picking the tormented, PTSD (musical, of course) vet to 'fix'?  Damn girl, you might want to work on a little self-reflection at this point in your life.  These patterns... they are not happening randomly.  I haven't liked how Scarlett has been written since Season Two, except for when she is around Deacon.  It's like there is some kind of multiple personality thing going on with her, because I like any scenes with Deacon and Scarlett.

Yup. And somehow Gunner was in the wrong for it too. Because it’s alqays Gunners fault. Even though he was willing to raise a baby that wasn’t his as his own that she pregnant with when she cheated on him. I’m just saying. The show at least how has always made Gunner the bad person. in their relationship. Kind of how they made Will the bad one in his relationship with Zach, even though Zach was being incredibly unreasonable about Highway 65 and Will was standing up for his friends, people who are more or less his family. But whatever. 

• Love 5

I still get a bad vibe from horse therapy lady, like she's a sadistic headmistress at a boarding school for wayward girls. 

Are we just not going to see Juliette at all while she's in Bolivia? I was hoping for some location shots to see what the cult is having her do there.

I know Jessie's ex is supposed to be a bad guy, but Jeffrey Nordling is playing him in such a mustache-twirling way that I can't help but laugh when he's on screen.

What was the point of the WAG boy band if they're going to add the manic pixie singer-songwriter permanently to the lineup? It's like The Exes all over again.

• Love 9

I enjoy that we're calling it "horse therapy". The term makes me laugh. "Equine therapy" sounds so serious and professional, but "horse therapy" makes me think of anthropomorphic horses going to therapy themselves.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I enjoy that we're calling it "horse therapy". The term makes me laugh. "Equine therapy" sounds so serious and professional, but "horse therapy" makes me think of anthropomorphic horses going to therapy themselves.

LOL! With all the needy and messed-up humans around them, they probably need it.

• Love 3

I have been thinking about the Juliette storyline, which I hate, and have come to the conclusion it may not be the writers' fault.  Has it struck anyone else as odd that in most episodes this season Juliette is at home with Avery, Cadence, and the VERY occasional guest?  You almost never see her with Deacon, Will, the girls, Scarlett, or any other regular member of the cast.  It's as if she's on a different show.

My guess is that with the move to CMT and accompanying budget cuts, Hayden agreed to a very limited work schedule.  As a result, they are shooting almost all of her scenes separately.  The reason Juliette never shows up to hear Avery and the band is because the show chooses not to "waste" its Hayden time on scenes outside her own storylines.   Had Connie stayed on, we may well have seen the same thing with Rayna's storyline.  

I think the show is disjointed because it's not one show anymore.  it would so much better if the characters interacted more.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TVFAN said:

The reason Juliette never shows up to hear Avery and the band is because the show chooses not to "waste" its Hayden time on scenes outside her own storylines.   Had Connie stayed on, we may well have seen the same thing with Rayna's storyline.  

Honestly, you may have something there.  But it doesn't make me like what we're seeing any more than I am.  Maybe the writers have a legitimate access problem with Hayden but the way the've written around it is to have her make the same choices she's made 1000% times.   And if she has to be with no the main cast she could be in the studio with her new band.  She could be on retreat with Emily and Glen trying to pound out new material.  

You can make a pretty good case for Juliette no showing up at Avery's gigs because she wants to keep him the star of his own show and if she was there it would become about her... but she could be excited to hear about how it went when he gets home.  She's could be working out and listening to a Facebook Livestream of Avery's gig.  

There are ways to show her supporting her friends and family without them being together physically.   

Not just in this story, either.   I don't know where things stand at all with Teddy and Daphne.  And unlike some I'm willing to accept pretty much anything the show wants to tell me.   Teddy was there enough for both girls that I'd believe he was fighting tooth and nail to get back to them.  But I'd also believe that he tried to secure an early release by doing something fishy and he's totally bought himself way, way, way more jail-time.  

I don't really care.  I just think you could have somebody at chez Rayna mention the situation, whatever that situation might be.  

Edited by bybrandy

I guess I was wrong about Juliette not going off to Bolivia, I really thought they were faking us out, sigh.

I am sooooooo bored with every storyline, though I really liked the song (And Another Thing?) the guys & new girl sang. Other than that I am just biding my time until this ends.

Why do I keep watching this dreck? I could care less about Scarlett, she can just ride off into the sunset with ptsd man. The boys would have been just fine without a girl singer. There’s enough of those country groups right now, but a trio of guys, none come to mind. At this point, I’m thinking Avery and Will need to hook up and leave Gunnar on the wayside with his stupid hair and hat. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TVFAN said:

I have been thinking about the Juliette storyline, which I hate, and have come to the conclusion it may not be the writers' fault.  Has it struck anyone else as odd that in most episodes this season Juliette is at home with Avery, Cadence, and the VERY occasional guest?  You almost never see her with Deacon, Will, the girls, Scarlett, or any other regular member of the cast.  It's as if she's on a different show.

My guess is that with the move to CMT and accompanying budget cuts, Hayden agreed to a very limited work schedule.  As a result, they are shooting almost all of her scenes separately.  The reason Juliette never shows up to hear Avery and the band is because the show chooses not to "waste" its Hayden time on scenes outside her own storylines.   Had Connie stayed on, we may well have seen the same thing with Rayna's storyline.  

I think the show is disjointed because it's not one show anymore.  it would so much better if the characters interacted more.  

This makes a lot of sense. I saw on another forum that Hayden didn't come back to work after the Christmas break until recently. She posted a new photo on Twitter about it. So I bet she negotiated more time off from the set. All of those scenes with Darius or Avery can probably be filmed in one day, one after the other. And her being missing in Bolivia is so Hayden can be away even more. I noticed last year a similar thing. When Avery went on the road, just about every scene with Juliette was her at home talking on the phone with him. I could see Hayden filming several eps worth of conversations in an afternoon. 

So I get the bind the writers were in, but did they have to come up with a cult storyline as a solution? And I'm getting serious flashbacks to Season 4 with Avery being abandoned, trying to contact Juliette and failing, etc.

Of course that's not the only recycled storyline. Gunnar and the new band girl feels like Season 4 too. I just with it would take a different turn, like having the girl decide to leave the band. I'm with Will, I don't like the new dynamic. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, CrystalMoon said:

'm getting serious flashbacks to Season 4 with Avery being abandoned, trying to contact Juliette and failing, etc.

Of course that's not the only recycled storyline. Gunnar and the new band girl feels like Season 4 too. I just with it would take a different turn, like having the girl decide to leave the band. I'm with Will, I don't like the new dynamic. 

Yeah it's repetitive and seems lame and not very entertaining.  The hope I have is that the repetitive nature of both stories has a purpose as to finally solve the characters' issues.  My dream for Gunnar is that he and Will became a couple and his starting things up with women so quickly is some sort of defense mechanism to avoid his feelings for men or Will in particular in this case.  I don't want it to be about Scarlet.  Dude, I FF'd all her scenes from this episode.  

As for Avery/Juliette drama, it's exhausting and this cult story is boring.  I hate that sexual abuse was added in as well, but again if they work on solving the problem ultimately in an entertaining way, I'm fine with it.  

The problem is this: when they created these stories they didn't know they were being cancelled, told cast on episode 5 set, so I could see a truncated resolution that's not satisfying necessarily in the back 8.  

Also, I love the Daphne story, but find it a big gaping plot hole that Teddy is never mentioned.  It's ironic that Deacon and Daphne, not related by blood, will ultimately be the two that will spend the most time together as Daphne is still only 14.  Deacon is essentially raising Rayna and Teddy's daughter which is fine, but where the hell is Teddy?  I'd love just a mention as in more was added on to his sentence or he's in a halfway house or he just didn't contact Daphne and Deacon is trying to protect her.  Something would be nice as it's hard to concentrate on the scenes when I know this is bullshit.  Still, good character stuff with them.  

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 2

While the Gunnar storyline may be repetitive, it's definitely in character.  So I'm not bothered by the fact that, yet again, he's banging a bandmate.  It's his MO.  I would expect nothing less.

I find it so amusing that so many people are so concerned about Teddy and the fact that he's not around and why aren't they tying that storyline up.  If no one would mention it, I would never give it a second thought.  Plus, if they spent time on it, I'll bet the same people who bring it up would complain that it was taking time away from Juliette or Will or somebody else to give time and storyline to Teddy.  Basically, with the exception of the episode when Teddy came back for Rayna's funeral, he's been off the canvas for two years.  I really am surprised at this level of interest.  She obviously has someone - Deacon - who's very willing to take care of her and has already said he feels like her dad, so I'm good.  I don't care where Teddy is or what deal he and Deacon likely worked out off camera, as it should have been.

• Love 3
On 2/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, tennisgurl said:

might actually be fine with Scarlet at the horse ranch bonding with kids and singing with cute horses, but if course they have to give her a new cute but messed up boyfriend, who she helps cure of his PTSD due to one chit chat. Of course. 

Cute but messed up MARRIED boyfriend with a kid. Who "could have been another John Mayer." Yeah, sounds like a good choice for Scarlet.

• Love 3

I just figured out a major storyline for this season. ;)

Scarlett will help the cute vet, aka Terry from Season 3, rediscover his music. She'll book him to play at some big outdoor festival, the same one that the band is playing at. However, right before the band is supposed to play, Alanna will decide she wants to be a star in LA with Zoey, and she'll ditch the band at the last minute. Scarlett will then volunteer to take her place, and the new band will be formed. I just hope the cute vet does better than poor Terry.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:23 AM, bilgistic said:

On the Facebook page that Scarlett was looking at, it said the high school graduation was in 2011, so that would make him around 25.

The actress playing Alannah had the American accent down pretty well, but when she used the word "learnt" twice, I figured she was not actually American. Apparently she's an Aussie, like Clare Bowen.

Was this the first time we heard that the band (finally) has a (really stupid) name? And did they explain how it came about?

Edited by J-Man
On 2/9/2018 at 12:35 AM, bybrandy said:

Yeah, I genuinely liked the talk between Jessie and Daphne.  

But I was pretty much on Daphne's side about being dragged along places.  I know that Daph's major issue is Rayna.  But dude.  Lets all be lovey dovey and walk 10 feet in front of the kids while completely wrapped up in our own thing isn't exactly a great way to win the kid over even if she isn't dealing with dead mom issues.  

I also thought it was weird that Maddie wasn't being included in any of the family scenes. Yes, she's 18, but I would think Deacon would still want her to get to know Jessie and have them all get along.  The fact that she wasn't included makes me agree with Daphne about being dragged along like a little kid.

1 hour ago, kassandra8286 said:

What's the band's name? I totally missed it.

The Lost Highways...I think? Google tells me there's a 1997 David Lynch movie named Lost Highway, but I somehow doubt the guys sat and discussed cult films to come up with a band name. Only Avery strikes me as intellectual enough to be into that.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, piratewench said:

He's her boyfriend?  Cuz I missed that.

I have few doubts that's where they're going with this. NASHVILLE is nothing if not subtle -- the 'anvil' device in dramatic storytelling is their stock in trade. He WILL be her boyfriend, sure as tootin' -- right after his wife dumps him (as hinted at -- broadly -- by his aunt/Scarlett's boss at the equine therapalooza).

Edited by ChiMama
11 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

Something that's been bugging me... How can Juliette be of any "help" to anyone in Bolivia if she doesn't speak Spanish? That cult shit is so lame.

Ha! I don’t know.. I’ve doubted that the cult is doing any actual help down there and I’m suspecting it may be like a “people are thinking we are a cult and we’re not!(but totally are)so let’s sit up camp outside the US”thing.

She can be building houses, passing out medicine, and other things that don't require a lot of talking to native people. I know someone who did Habitat for Humanity type of service in South America. I know someone else who went with her husband (who's a doctor) along the Amazon in a doctors-without-borders thing. She isn't a medical professional and didn't speak the language, but helped distrubute medicine at the clinic. So Juliette could do things like that. I'm sure there are people down there who speak both languages. 

I just want to see what's going on, though! I'd hate for it to be a complete mystery like when Juliette went to rehab in Season 4.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 1:37 PM, bilgistic said:
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 12:05 PM, kassandra8286 said:

What's the band's name? I totally missed it.

The Lost Highways...I think? Google tells me there's a 1997 David Lynch movie named Lost Highway, but I somehow doubt the guys sat and discussed cult films to come up with a band name. Only Avery strikes me as intellectual enough to be into that.

The band name is The Last Highways. I believe it's in reference to Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson, collectively known as The Highwaymen for those who weren't aware. When they first started talking about making it a regular thing, Gunnar made the point that they could be a similar type group or situation. I'm assuming the "Last" refers to the fact that nobody in country music plays or writes songs like those four guys anymore, and WAG want to try and keep that tradition alive, so they are "the last of the highwaymen" or "The Last Highways" for short. Adding a female hasn't necessarily ruined it for me, I think they still sound great, but it kind of shoots their original philosophy in the foot. Gunnar complaining about always singing the high parts and why don't we get a girl to do it was just stupid because he has a naturally higher register than the other two and still sings higher parts; adding a female  didn't replace his parts, it just added to their overall vocal range. Sam Palladio is great , but that rehearsal where he coughed and cleared his throat before suggesting the female addition was arguably his worst acting on the show, lol! The worst part about this is she's only being written in to inject so much useless,  unnecessary conflict into these guys' lives at this point.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Well, that makes a lot more sense than what I thought.

I kept thinking maybe they were referencing the Traveling Wilburys, but I couldn't figure out how. Points for you, @Daltrey!

Hey, glad to help.....I'm a bit of a music junkie, lol. I can totally see trying to make a Wilbury's connection, they're essentially a rock 'n' roll version of the Highwamen. They came out a few years later and I sometimes wonder if it was a conscious decision or if it was as organic as they claimed....then I think, who cares, it was great!

20 hours ago, Daltrey said:

The band name is The Last Highways. I believe it's in reference to Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson, collectively known as The Highwaymen for those who weren't aware. When they first started talking about making it a regular thing, Gunnar made the point that they could be a similar type group or situation. I'm assuming the "Last" refers to the fact that nobody in country music plays or writes songs like those four guys anymore, and WAG want to try and keep that tradition alive, so they are "the last of the highwaymen" or "The Last Highways" for short. Adding a female hasn't necessarily ruined it for me, I think they still sound great, but it kind of shoots their original philosophy in the foot. Gunnar complaining about always singing the high parts and why don't we get a girl to do it was just stupid because he has a naturally higher register than the other two and still sings higher parts; adding a female  didn't replace his parts, it just added to their overall vocal range. Sam Palladio is great , but that rehearsal where he coughed and cleared his throat before suggesting the female addition was arguably his worst acting on the show, lol! The worst part about this is she's only being written in to inject so much useless,  unnecessary conflict into these guys' lives at this point.

I think they just didn't know how to introduce a new love interest for Gunnar.

I kind of liked the idea that they were all still performing individually, but were just playing together sometimes for fun.  Creating a whole new band seems a bit unnecessary.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think they just didn't know how to introduce a new love interest for Gunnar.

I kind of liked the idea that they were all still performing individually, but were just playing together sometimes for fun.  Creating a whole new band seems a bit unnecessary.

Oh, I totally agree....that's partly why I said it was stupid, lol!

On 2/12/2018 at 7:24 AM, CrystalMoon said:

She can be building houses, passing out medicine, and other things that don't require a lot of talking to native people. I know someone who did Habitat for Humanity type of service in South America. I know someone else who went with her husband (who's a doctor) along the Amazon in a doctors-without-borders thing. She isn't a medical professional and didn't speak the language, but helped distrubute medicine at the clinic. So Juliette could do things like that. I'm sure there are people down there who speak both languages. 

She could be but she was specifically asked to go to share her message about her sexual abuse.

• Love 1
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 11:45 PM, bybrandy said:
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎12 at 5:24 AM, CrystalMoon said:

She could be but she was specifically asked to go to share her message about her sexual abuse.

Was she?.........meh. Either way, I'm sure they'd have translators for that sort of thing. Bottom Line, the less they show of it the better.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:45 AM, bybrandy said:

Oh, I forgot about that. I heard Bolivia and automatically assumed it had to do with helping poor people. My bad. But it makes the whole Bolivia thing extremely suspect. Juliette could do a lot more good right here in the States. Eh, I'm just watching because I'm curious to see what happens to everyone.

• Love 2

I missed that too about Juliette. Why can't she share about her sexual abuse in the US? (I know: cult.) Seems she should have asked that though. And sharing before she's really processed it? She's not healthy herself -- how can she already be helping other people?

Scarlet's blunder with PTSD-guy is why people should make their Facebook pages private.

I too wondered about Teddy, only because it seems if Daphne is feeling like an outsider, she'd bring up wanting to see her father or "I'm moving in with Dad" or some such thing. It's silly for the writers to forget him. They don't have to actually bring him on, but don't ignore his existence.

• Love 1

I hate how this show handles/portrays delicate medical issues. From the PPD shit-show, to the liver cancer debacle (which was totally off-base), and the dying donor, now to the sexual assault and the PTSD. These are serious things and this show doesn't do diligent medical research or present them accurately. For instance, my MIL has cirrhosis from being an alcoholic. You don't have "undiagnosed cirrhosis leading to cancer" and not know something's wrong long before it gets to that point. The cirrhosis alone kills many, and it's symptoms are terrible and disgusting. You don't randomly pass out in a hotel room, find out you have incurable cancer, and come home the next day.

Killing off Beverly was fine, but doing it as a donor was ridiculous. This country is so short on organ donors as it is; why do this?

The whole PPD storyline was off-base. Juliette's symptoms were way more serious than PPD. And I'm not minimizing PPD at all. What the show portrayed was more along the lines of bipolar or schizophrenia.

Scarlett showing up on a horse ranch for one day, doing a little googling, and stalking a guy on Facebook makes her so equipped to deal with a MARRIED vet with PTSD? She brings him home to spend the night with her? Give me a fuckin' break!

Nashville should stick to murders for deaths. At least we know that shit's fake.

Edited by deacondahling
  • Love 1