Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Karina's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

You forgot journey

And "this is my last chance."

39 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

This may be the grossest eating scene ever. 

Steven would be proud.

11 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Marisabel is a bitch

Yeah, but I get it.  She's probably been shoved aside her whole life so the parents can cater to her sister.

8 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Better late than never Judgey and 88!

Hey, HooiserMom!  Any snow and ice your way?  We got a thin sheet of ice this morning, but not too much.

8 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am so fucking sick of self righteous parent who think their kids damn soccer game is the center of the fucking universe. 

Eta my kids played soccer and did activities but I never presented it to my family like it was the be all end all most important thing EVER. 

Again, the sister has probably been shoved to the back burner in favor of her sister her whole life.  Now it's affecting her kids.  Yes, it's just a soccer game, but I totally understand feeling like your kids should come before your sister who has had years to change and has instead sucked up all your parents' attention.

Edited by 88Keys
wonky formatting
  • Love 5
Just now, debohinoh said:

Why don't they get some railings added to the walls by the scale, or always use the portable one with built-in railings? All the patients struggle with that setup.

Maybe it’s a non-scale measure of progress. And the nurses note it in the chart lol. “Patient required full support of wall. No weight loss.”

4 minutes ago, debohinoh said:

Why don't they get some railings added to the walls by the scale, or always use the portable one with built-in railings? All the patients struggle with that setup.

I always wonder about this, and the fact the doorways seem so small.  This is a weight loss clinic after all.  Hell even when Lupe took the wheel and broke the toilet that bathroom DID NOT look large enough for any obese person to use.  Especially with the added use of wheelchairs or walkers.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

She needs to get over the need for her parents' approval/excitement/encouragement.  You're a grown-ass woman.  Be your own damn support system!

She and her parents have a weird, dysfunctional relationship.  She's really dependent on them.  They seem fed up with her, but they keep enabling her.

1 minute ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

I always wonder about this, and the fact the doorways seem so small.  This is a weight loss clinic after all.  Hell even when Lupe took the wheel and broke the toilet that bathroom DID NOT look large enough for any obese person to use.  Especially with the added use of wheelchairs or walkers.

Really?  I always think that the doorways seem huge at the clinic.  Like you could drive a car through them.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Michigander here too.  You live in the rabbit or the mitten?

Michigander by marriage and education here. We've got relatives in the UP who would laugh at the 6-8" we're about to get down here in Iowa. 

3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

She and her parents have a weird, dysfunctional relationship.  She's really dependent on them.  They seem fed up with her, but they keep enabling her.

Really?  I always think that the doorways seem huge at the clinic.  Like you could drive a car through them.  

It just seems that especially when they go inside the patient rooms, they always just manage to squeeze in.

• Love 2

Things going too well.  Hmmm.  Dr New hard on her family...not being supportive, really Dr Now??  They've been through this before.  How about she move out and run her own life, and be responsible for herself??  And mean girl sister is just bullying her for the cameras, knows Karina won't fight back. 

• Love 5

I'm back - and fascinated why what's her name doesn't have foot rests on the wheel chair. Isn't that usual?

I think she needs them to not be there so she can push herself around with her feet. I don't think that she can push the wheels with her arms.

mom and dad are going to miss my precious son's soccer game even though they'll be 12 more before his season ends."  It's messed up, point blank.

Oh no - this is the LAST game! The way Marisabel was saying it, it sounded like it was the last game of her life. And again, did anyone ever stop to think that maybe the grandparents have seen enough soccer to last a lifetime?

Why doesn't she walk?

She broke her leg a year ago and says it never healed. I suspect that she just weighs too much

• Love 2

I think her parents and sister are just tired.  Reminds me of the scene in Beaches when CC goes to visit her mom in Florida and says she left her husband because he stopped paying attention to her.  Her mother tells her that she always wanted everyone’s attention all the time and she drove people away because they didn’t have any more to give. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:
4 minutes ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

I need these at the TLC shop as well.  Maybe we can bundle it with Penny's wonton cooker 

And Lupe’s eye shadow!

And the Juggalo's girl's backyard shower-chair.

She did not hear a word he said.  What hard work, she only get lost six more pounds and she still not walking.

How was she consuming that much food if the balloon is taking up most of her stomach?

Edited by Kid
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Kid said:

She did not hear a word he said.  What hard work, she only get lost six more pounds and she still not walking.

How was she consuming that much food if the balloon is taking up most of her stomach? OK

Yeah, “hard work” is another one for the master check list. They talk about it in every episode. What hard work? You sat on your ass and are a salad.  Since when is that considered “work”?

• Love 6

I think most of these people think they just have to diet for a couple of months to be approved for surgery.  Then they will get the surgery and will magically be thin without having to try anymore.  None of them seem to understand that this has to be a long-term change.

• Love 10

TLC My 600 Pound Life items that should be for sale:

Janine's ass wiping tons with the logo engraved

Lupe's eyeshadow + her taco purse

Pauline's pants

Penny's wonton cooker

Nicole's book of special recipes which includes her world famous meatloaf (50% beef, 50% chex party mix)

A book of life hacks, which includes hits such as how to find a man that will empty your bedpan and hose you down on the back porch in 30 days

Free audio book of all the best quotes "Dr. Now is my last hope, I'm making great progress, I didn't realize how hard this would be" etc. etc.

Around Halloween they could sell a Dr. Now costume, wig and glasses included.

• Love 23