Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Stars and Gripes

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The crew prepares for its big July Fourth bash; Kyle and Amanda discuss the next steps for their relationship; Carl and Lauren struggle with unresolved feelings; Danielle drops a bomb during a girls' day.

40 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

kyle is the only one i like................carl is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!

Both have their moments, but Carl just lies to himself unfortunately! He affects people around him and doesn't seem to care at the time; coming back with an apology later! Lauren needs to get over herself and stop creating unnecessary drama involving Carl when he isn't interested in the least! She's truly the drama queen of the show! ;-)

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Carl is awful, but Lauren is nuts if she has anything to do with him. She needs to just stay away from him.

How desperate does Lindsay (is that her name) look trying to latch onto Amit?

very desperate!  i dislike laurewn as much as i dislike carl....love kyle and stephen

• Love 3

Two episodes in and I don't like Danielle. She's the worst and she alienated two people by inserting herself in the Carl/Lauren drama. 

Lauren is delusional and I hate that she makes Carl look like the mature one with that cake nonsense.

If nothing good comes of these summer shenanigans, I just want Stephen to find love!

• Love 10

Lauren, stop looking so desperate. Pull yourself together, girl. 

Loved drunk Lindsey getting all sexed up and Amit telling her he had to go pee, then he never came back! Lindsey is not as irresistible as she thinks she is. 

Stephen, Stephen. He is a sweet, sensitive guy. I've said it before and I'll say it again,  He doesn't belong on this show. He doesn't fit in with these chucklefucks. 

• Love 9

Kyle is hilarious. His commentary makes this shit show well worth it. 

But.....sigh....I'm disappointed, but not surprised. When they started sharing war stories last week, I was hoping Lauren and Danielle would stand firm against Carl. But nope. One week in and Lauren has already had a makeout session with that Dumbo looking motherfucker. 

And Danielle? She's a real piece of work. She declared herself that she would make out with him again, then has the nerve to come in hard for Lauren. Take several seats, honey. She's just jealous that Lauren got there first. 

But Lauren is crazy pants. For real. Was Ashley the only thing semi holding her together? That cake stunt at the end was so pathetic and embarrassing. Damn. She's just so.....pathetic. Sorry, I can't think of a better word. I'm not even convinced her and Carl were ever a thing. She's just that delusional. I mean, plenty of dudes fuck without a condom, doesn't make them your boyfriend. 

Lindsey is heading down pathetic lane as well. I was so glad to see her without Everett, but she spent half of the episode pining over him, and the other half throwing herself at Amit. Here's a little tip, honey - he's just not that into you. 

• Love 17

Since the beginning of time, women have found no paucity in partners to fuck.  Why they constantly seek out validation with loser douchebags is beyond me.  There's no such thing as a magical cock.

Oh, and "cuddle-boarding"?  Is my new favorite phrase.

• Love 8

Yeah, I was looking forward to Lauren and Danielle bonding and spending the season laughing at Carl.  He's a stupid boy.  Now they are being stupid girls.  Sigh.

Is it possible  Lauren was prodded by production to do the cake-in-your-face stunt???  Don't be a stupid girl, Lauren.  Have some self-respect.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Michichick said:

What did they show that was inaccurate? I wasn't paying close attention.

They showed Carl, Lauren, Steven having a great time together at the parade. They also showed a clearly drunk Steven out at a bar with Lauren and Carl that night even though the initial edit 30 seconds before showed him at the parade sayimg he was going home and not going to a bar. 

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Don't be a stupid girl, Lauren.  Have some self-respect.  

I don't even like Lauren and was screaming be better than this, it made me miss Ashley, because even though I hate her she would have thrown that cake in her own face before allowing Lauren to do it to Carl.

Danielle is ridiculous. She is thirsty as all of them are but she is playing it so badly.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They showed Carl, Lauren, Steven having a great time together at the parade. They also showed a clearly drunk Steven out at a bar with Lauren and Carl that night even though the initial edit 30 seconds before showed him at the parade sayimg he was going home and not going to a bar. 

Oh, was he at the bar with them? I did not catch that, at all. I wish I hadn't deleted it from my DVR. Now I want to go back and see!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, was he at the bar with them? I did not catch that, at all. I wish I hadn't deleted it from my DVR. Now I want to go back and see!

Its brief but he is wasted he says some drunken nonsense with support thrown in there, they are indoors and Carl is still shirtless wearing the gay pride flag as a cape; Lauren and Carl continued partying after and "made out" at his apartment (in my day we called it fucking not making out)  but the initial edit showed him bailing at the parade.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Ok, I kinda love that Lauren and Danielle made each other pinky swear Girl Power that neither one would EVER go anywhere near Carl EVER again...but only to make sure the OTHER one had no intention of going back to him so each could stake her claim. Then each IMMEDIATELY had her own date with him back in the city all within the span before the next weekend. This is going to be a damn entertaining season with TWO girls fighting over Carl. Kudos, casting director, for asking Carl which OTHER ex he’d be most likely to bang again and putting her on the show. If there was just more back and forth with Carl and Lauren—ok, we’ve seen that. But throw ANOTHER girl in vying for his attention?? Now we got ourselves a show!

Aw, poor Lindsey not realizing what a hot commodity Amit is. Girl, you had too much competition at this party; wait until next week when he’s stuck in the house with you as his only option. For someone who considers himself just a wingman, he was having all kinds of girls jump all over him, grabbing him, straddling him. But maybe the “rose all day” played a part in that. These people are too old to be binge drinking like this; my liver aches just watching them.

Big fan of Kyle and Amanda as a couple—and just a fan of Stephen overall. That was so sad that he was trying to talk to his parents about Pride. *crickets*

i’m glad the show replaced the other cast members. The unemployed PR girl and Everett were both insufferable and one Werkus twin is already one too many.

• Love 9

Awww, Kyle & Amanda are cute together as a couple. The scenes of them drunkenly serenading each other is my kind of party fun.  

One would think that the cameras would make you a but more cautious. It's one thing to act a fool, but to know in advance that foolish action will aired to millions.  So, does Lauren think her brand of crazy is endearing?  It's not. Good luck finding a date after displaying your stage 5 clinger tendencies on a dude you who views you a mere hookup. 

On a similar note, way too eager, Lindsey.

• Love 4

Lauren is just embarrassing to watch.  According to her, she prides herself on being the cool girl but then she gives the stank face to the girls Carl invited as they are trying to walk outside and then smashes cake in his face for no reason and completely out of the blue after basically pushing one of the girls out of the way.  I have secondhand embarrassment for her because that shit was sad.

Danielle: I don’t dislike her but I think she’s still way thirsty for Carl.  He’s not any more interested in her than he is Lauren.  She needs to let that dream die and kill that jealousy she’s got going on where Carl is concerned.

Stephen: he just seemed so sad and unhappy this episode.  I like him and hope it was just an off weekend.

Carl: he’s the absolute worst. I don’t care how good his tongue game is he ain’t worth it.  I don’t even think he’s all that attractive.  Does anyone know what happened with his old job?  It just seemed like there was something to it.

Lindsey: slow your roll girl.  Amit is not interested and I don’t think he’s flirting with you at all.  She’s so desperate to make something happen there and I just don’t see it working out for her.  Besides, I still think she’s hung up on Everett.

Kyle and Amanda: I like you two.  Let your freak flags fly.  I’m all for it!

Amit: so far you’re kind of a snooze.  Props for not falling for Lindsey though.

• Love 10

If it wasn’t so creepy I would find it amusing that Carl has to practically make cheat sheets on how to be honest. It really does not come naturally to him.  I don’t understand what anyone sees in him at all. Forget dating, I’m not sure why anyone wants to even know him.

Speaking of which, oh Lauren. Just let him go already. His perfect match is obviously Danielle who seems to love the gaslight and run maneuver just as much as Carl.

everyone else was fine. Even Lindsey was drunk and sloppy, but not horrible.  

• Love 7

What a tragic waste of a flag cake!

Ashley better come visit soon, because Lauren needs some serious adult supervision.  Last season Ashley treated her like she was barely functional and now I totally see why.  

I am getting the feeling that Everett and Lindsey are going to rekindle. 

Liked Danielle last episode but I am already over her. 

LOL at the "work week" clips showing the cast strutting busily around the city on important phone calls.  And then Amit leisurely folding his pants and chatting to his dog.   

• Love 10
On 1/30/2018 at 7:17 PM, DrSparkles said:

What? Cake in the face? Guuurrrrrrlllllll.

Yes. Incredibly tasteless. The woman is 6 foot tall and moves another female out the way with her foot. I'd of been quick to move her foot and not budge. She's an entitled overbearing bully.

• Love 5
On 1/31/2018 at 12:45 AM, FozzyBear said:

If it wasn’t so creepy I would find it amusing that Carl has to practically make cheat sheets on how to be honest. It really does not come naturally to him.  I don’t understand what anyone sees in him at all. Forget dating, I’m not sure why anyone wants to even know him.

Speaking of which, oh Lauren. Just let him go already. His perfect match is obviously Danielle who seems to love the gaslight and run maneuver just as much as Carl.

everyone else was fine. Even Lindsey was drunk and sloppy, but not horrible.  

Haven't you heard? For Carl is the "less stress more life" of the party. I sincerely suspect he has a drug problem. There was a part when Lindsey mentioned him being up all night. I had suspected it in season 1 now it's confirmed. That's one of Carl's many issues. And one that is exacerbating the rest.  He looks spun out in so many.

This day this episode is when i started suspecting. The morning after he looks terrible...needs an iv...and speaks of stupid decisions.

NUP_175280_0269.jpg

• Love 2
On 2/2/2018 at 5:07 PM, CopperHuedHoosier said:

Yes. Incredibly tasteless. The woman is 6 foot tall and moves another female out the way with her foot. I'd of been quick to move her foot and not budge. She's an entitled overbearing bully.

She is what great reality television is made of, i.e., a clueless bully.  Poor Carl — he’s a creep, but she is a plague.  And he may be self-medicating because his past and even his present have had trauma, but she is so adamant in her refusal to see any reality than her own that she is no fit partner for anyone.  A girl with her advantages should have more self-respect and certainly, better manners.

Odd-looking, petty, stupid and reckless — skinny and blonde are not  the ne plus ultra, dear.  Gain some self-knowledge.

Edited by SFoster21
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, Rubyslippahz said:

Ashley better come visit soon, because Lauren needs some serious adult supervision.  Last season Ashley treated her like she was barely functional and now I totally see why.  

I am getting the feeling that Everett and Lindsey are going to rekindle. 

Liked Danielle last episode but I am already over her. 

LOL at the "work week" clips showing the cast strutting busily around the city on important phone calls.  And then Amit leisurely folding his pants and chatting to his dog.   

21 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

She is what great reality television is made of, i.e., a clueless bully.  Poor Carl — he’s a creep, but she is a plague.  And he may be self-medicating because his past and even his present have had trauma, but she is so adamant in her refusal to see any reality than her own that she is no fit partner for anyone.  A girl with her advantages should have more self-respect and certainly, better manners.

Odd-looking, petty, stupid and reckless — skinny and blonde are not  the ne plus ultra, dear.  Gain some self-knowledge.

Everett's so game, he couldn't even get from under some chatty Cathy  probably bouncing on him! lol! Like most of these women, as professional as they claim to be, they're more needy than anyone on TV! It's like if they get smacked in the face with something, as soon as the guy gives them the eye and crooks a finger at them, they're jumping back in with him! Who's fault is that? Lauren has Danielle there as comp. and refuses to let Carl go! It's so pathetic! ;-)

do they hand out enormous cash bonuses for crazy behavior? that's the only reason i can fathom acting like this.

lauren is compeitive, gross, and needy.  showing her pendulous boobs to everyone wasn't an attractive move. hasn't she seen carl in his man jeggings? they are up there with male scoop-necks, definitely a deal breaker.  

sober up lauren, stop exposing yourself....you might actually find a decent guy.

• Love 4

Lauren really is extra sloppy this season, I wonder if her sister had more of an influence on her than it seemed last season. Whatever the reason, I hope she shapes up because it's not even funny-sloppy, it's uncomfortable to watch. I'm enjoying Lindsay more this season, sans Everett.

• Love 2
On 2/1/2018 at 2:04 PM, Rubyslippahz said:

I hope that was a cake that Lauren made or bought, because if it were made by someone else, that would've been extremely upsetting.  I already don't like wasting food, but for some reason, I got extra angry at seeing a cake that was made with actual effort and time by someone being destroyed by a crazy freak with an agenda.  Horrible. 

Yes, didn't realise that Ashley was Lauren's wrangler.  I was initially annoyed at Ashley mentioning that she was the married one every chance she got, but didn't really see how much of a more 'normal' one she was until this episode.  Again, when she kept talking about how she didn't want to leave Lauren by herself to go be with her husband, I was like, "What are you talking about?  Your sister is a grown woman!" but now I see.

• Like 1