Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Just now, Enero said:

Argh so they just switched to NBC again from NBCSPN like they did during pairs and the men's without warning. RME. And they wonder why the ratings have be low this Olympics.

That's because the two remaining Americans are about to do their short programs.  NBC wants to make sure to cover them.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I hate the spins where they grab their skate, but I seriously don’t understand holding their skate to their ear.  When did the spins get so ugly?!?

When the IJS was instituted! More difficult positions, like the one you’re talking about, are worth more points.

• Love 1
Just now, legaleagle53 said:

That's because the two remaining Americans are about to do their short programs.  NBC wants to make sure to cover them.

I understand why the change is being made, but at least give the audience a warning.

I'm not feeling Mirai's outfit. I hope she doesn't put all her focus into the 3Axel and miss other elements. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Enero said:

Argh so they just switched to NBC again from NBCSPN like they did during pairs and the men's without warning. RME. And they wonder why the ratings have be low this Olympics.

Its still airing on NBCSN right now.  (The description says Curling, but its still Figure Skating).

• Love 1

I think the Japanese skater is too young to skate to Moonlight Sonata. I always think of GG when I hear this music and what it meant to them and their career as skaters. 

The music doesn't really suit her IMHO, but she skated very well and should be ahead of Tennell IMO.  There's potential with her.

Part of me thinks that if Mirai isn't secure with the triple axel right now, just do a double and keep everything else clean.  The other part of me wants her to get mad and just rip off every jump she can since we all know the gold and silver are spoken for already.

• Love 9
Just now, GeminiDancer said:

Because that's usually the point where skaters are tired, and it's to counter the front-loading that happened in the free skate (hi Plushy!).

But now we still see a lack of balance because skaters spend the first half of their program doing footwork and spins then spend the back half doing jump after jump.

Great score for the Japanese skater. 

Just now, GeminiDancer said:

Because that's usually the point where skaters are tired, and it's to counter the front-loading that happened in the free skate (hi Plushy!).

I get it for the long program when it's 4.5 mins. I don't get it in the short program that's almost half the length. 

• Love 2

I noticed this also with the German luge team that won gold the other day, but it's a sign of English's international dominance that the Japanese and German teams' jackets have their countries' names written in English rather than in Japanese and German.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Does Mirai have bandages on her back?

Yes, tape there and her thigh.

This costume is fine but I like the one from the team comp better. 

That's a lot of yellow boxes for Mirai.

Edited by sab85