Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

1 minute ago, MaKaM said:

Not!Russians dress is so pretty but I seriously dislike the blind theme. 

LOL - is that the theme?  I thought she was a robot or something at the beginning. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, COESpiral said:

Yes, Zach Donohue fell during Worlds last year.  

The Not!Russian over-emoting is hilarious and creepy.

Don’t NotRussians ALWAYS over emote?  I feel like every NotRussian program in every Olympics is the same. 

And, can someone please shut up whoever is trying to sound like a d@mn bird?  It’s annoying!

Edited by irisheyes
General grumpiness :)
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Remember how at the last Olympics the NotRussians had this wacky theme and the Sochi audience actually LAUGHED at them? The girl left the ice in tears at being laughed at in front of the home crowd.

Really? Wow

What was the crowd that was awful to anyone not home grown? Was it Canada?

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Tanith being so tactfully brutal on this couple. 

I do agree with her comment that they didn’t look at each other as much. I know it was supposed to fit the theme, but I found it distracting.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Aussie lady on NBC site: "I don't quite understand why he's blind at the end".  You and me both.

Yeah - I giggled when she said that.

Like, did he catch it from her or what?

Heck, I thought she was a robot and he was a scientist bringing her to life so I clearly didn't get any of it.

• Love 3

Why do I keep hearing bird whistles?

New drinking game "wardrobe malfunction". Oh shut up about it already.

Does anyone know the song the OAR top team skated to? I swear I've heard it before.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Cizeron is wearing the lowest...I don't even want to call it a V-neck because that doesn't do it justice.  WHY?????

I kind-of understood all of these looks last night, cause Latin, but tonight there is really no excuse.

The Italians are so cute! I want to put them in my pocket!

Edited by sab85
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, sab85 said:

I kind-of understood all of these looks last night, cause Latin, but tonight there is really no excuse.

His front needs to be low cut to match the back of hers. 

3 minutes ago, COESpiral said:

How many dresses did Tessa bring with her for this Olympics??  I swear this is the third or fourth new dress I've seen.

She got new dresses for the Olympics.  She went back to the original one for the short, but I didn't get a good look at the other one.  If it's sparkly, then it's the new one for the long as well.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Shibs, imma need you to pull the equivalent of Nathan Chen's six quads. Please and thank you. <3

What's the ice dance equivalence of this? 20 twizzles?!

It feels like the Italians do a ton of lifts, like twice as many as other teams.

Maia just doesn't seem like Maia without a perky ponytail.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 1

Speaking of Russian Ice Dancers, does anyone know the story behind Ilinykh and Katsalapov splitting up? I remember watching them in Sochi and thinking that they were the future of the discipline, only for them to split just a couple of months later. I gather that they're both skating with different partners now, but with nowhere near the same success.

Given how controlling the Russian federation is supposed to be I'm surprised they would have let such a promising team throw it all away like that.

• Love 1
Just now, herbz said:

Made it in time for the final group. Not looking forward to the inevitable fuckery. 

Have I missed anything exciting/unusual/outrageous? 

Chock and Bates fell on their spin.

• Love 1