Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

So ... P/C might lose because of a nip slip?

No- I believe they managed to avoid the deduction they should've got for it. The judges look more than willing to give it to them.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

I wonder who I want to win the bronze less - the not-Russians or H/D? Damn. I might actually pick H/D, even as an American.

I was trying not to root against anyone during this Olympics, but I desperately want H/D not to medal. Besides their unpleasant attitudes (or at least Madison's attitude) and the damn facial expressions, I don't want a Montreal sweep, if only because I fear it means that all of the programs will imitate Marie-France's ones. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Was there really an actual nip slip? I'm not seeing it.

Yep, just before the cameras suddenly went to the super wide shot at the end of the program, right after the twizzles, her left breast was coming out of the top.

• Love 2

Nip slip aside Papadakis and Cizeron just cannot compare to Virtue and Moir. Especially if you just compare the two women. Tessa's edges and knees are so much sharper and deeper to my inexpert eye. My mom, who doesn't watch much skating at all, could tell the difference. And if an earlier couple got a deduction for a wardrobe malfunction than Papadakis and Cizeron should definitely have received one for actual partial nudity. Ugh. 

• Love 11

Can't believe P/C scored where they did. I'm sorry for her for her wardrobe malfunction, but damn, those twizzles. And I was distracted during the entire routine waiting for her top to fall down. They shouldn't have 80+.

• Love 13

I'm sure the judges are like, "They're French!  Nudity is fine with them!  It's part of the choreography!  Top scores!".  I mean, I love P/C but after watching the Korean team have almost the exact same problem during the Team Event, you'd think everyone would be checking, double checking, and triple checking that everything is snapped, buttoned, sewn, velcroed, glued, taped, and wrapped securely.

• Love 6

Well I guess I am in the minority because I don't think the Shibutani's got hosed.  I don't find them interesting at all - they do a good twizzle, but other than that they just plaster fake looking smiles on their faces and that's it.  No intensity, no emotion.  Nothing remarkable at all.  Their free dance is also not great so I do not think they will medal and I don't think they deserve to.  I think H/D's free dance is much better.  Their SD music is meh to me, but I don't see how the Shibs are so far and away better.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Are you talking about the pair from the team event? Or did another couple have a wardrobe malfunction tonight?

The Chinese team got a deduction because fringe came off her costume and fell on the ice during their performance.

• Love 1
Just now, Moxie Cat said:

Did anyone else think that Hubbell looked slightly off-balance during the second twizzle? It even looks like she's grimacing as she's doing it. But all Tanith said was "wow."

The Dutch guy said that one of them did one more twizzle than the other, no idea if that happened or if it was penalized because I wasn't looking that closely.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Karabean said:

Well I guess I am in the minority because I don't think the Shibutani's got hosed.  I don't find them interesting at all - they do a good twizzle, but other than that they just plaster fake looking smiles on their faces and that's it.  No intensity, no emotion.  Nothing remarkable at all.  Their free dance is also not great so I do not think they will medal and I don't think they deserve to.  I think H/D's free dance is much better.  Their SD music is meh to me, but I don't see how the Shibs are so far and away better.

See now I thought they were out there having fun and the smiles natural. Guess that is one of the key problems, too much room for personal interpretation. 

• Love 11

Watched the Shibs again and am even more sad that they are in fourth after such a great performance. They were better than the French and coy Americans. Do they have to do the seduction faces to get the other .5 or 1 point? Yuck. Those faces do nothing for me and look completely ridiculous. V/M were clearly ahead of the rest of the pack, but their longing faces were annoying.

• Love 17

Can anyone get the detailed pdf to open? I wanted to know the final levels. 

Eta: note to skaters, if you are going to have a sexy naked dress, have some backup tape or construction just in case! 

Edited by MaKaM