Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

They took away Sara's connections this season. She had connections to Snart and Rip in season 1 and Jax and Stein in season 2. This season it was about Ava which is why I don't see how anyone could think their relationship was organic. She was the obvious love interest from the very beginning.  

According to Greg Berlanti at the LBGTQ panel, the network erased Sara's bisexuality in season 2 because they only wanted her hooking up with women. That wasn't on the LoT writers. I also don't think Sara should be shamed for liking sex. Male characters were getting away with that for so long, it's nice for me to see a woman that enjoys flirting and sex. Plus I can see that has part of her character. Sara doesn't think she deserves love or happiness so she's going to be looking for quick flings not anything long term. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

According to Greg Berlanti at the LBGTQ panel, the network erased Sara's bisexuality in season 2 because they only wanted her hooking up with women. That wasn't on the LoT writers. I also don't think Sara should be shamed for liking sex. Male characters were getting away with that for so long, it's nice for me to see a woman that enjoys flirting and sex. Plus I can see that has part of her character. Sara doesn't think she deserves love or happiness so she's going to be looking for quick flings not anything long term. 

It'd be nice if the show would allow her to be sex positive. I'd prefer Sara to be single and sex positive than stuck with Ava. But the show has had other characters make snide comments about her sleeping around, and that's bullshit.  Same with Constantine, I wouldn't mind them exploring those two even if it's just a casual fling... it's MG saying that they had to have those two sleep together, because of course they would have sex, that pisses me off. Both characters are bisexual, well, I hate to break it to him but we don't automatically jump each other when we bi people meet up. I think the CW trying to make Sara a lesbian was really obvious, to the point of having her state she prefers women in the crossover (which preference is normal for some bi ppl but they made it sound like she only liked women).

The biggest issue imo, is that she lost those connections on the ship. Everyone had a someone except for her. Amaya had Zari & Nate, Ray has Zari & Nate, Stein & Jax, Zari had Ray, Amaya, and Mick, Mick had a rotation of about everyone. Sara was alone on Ava island and I'm concerned next season will be more of the same.

• Love 1
(edited)

The 20 most popular TV shows right now
Kim Renfro   June 13, 2018
http://www.thisisinsider.com/most-popular-tv-shows-right-now-2018-6

To learn what shows have the most hype from fans, INSIDER worked with Parrot Analytics, which compiles available global data on social media, blogging, pirating, and other factors to figure out the viewer demand for shows.

Parrot assigned each series an "expressions" total that reflects average daily audience demand from all countries from April 8 to June 6, 2018 (adjusted for each country's population).
18. "Gotham" (Fox) ...
Average Demand Expressions: 2.69 million

The fourth season of "Gotham" concluded in May, and Fox announced the show was going to have a fifth and final season that will likely begin this coming fall
15. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." (ABC) ...
Average Demand Expressions: 2.86 million

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is one of the few shows on TV connected to the wildly popular Marvel Cinematic Universe currently dominating the box office. The fifth season wrapped up in May, and ABC plans to air a sixth season in mid-2019.
11. "Arrow" (CW) ...
Average Demand Expressions: 3.00 million

Slipping a couple places in the popularity ranking, "Arrow" nonetheless continues to captivate fans. The sixth season of "Arrow" ended in mid-May, and it was already renewed for a seventh season.
8. "The Flash" (CW) ...
Average Demand Expressions: 3.27 million

Another DC superhero show fans can't get enough of right now is "The Flash" (which is actually a spin-off from our previous entry "Arrow). "The Flash" recently ended its fourth season, and has already been renewed for a fifth.

20. "America's Funniest Home Videos" (ABC)
19. "SpongeBob SquarePants" (Nickelodeon)
18. "Gotham" (Fox)
17. "Riverdale" (CW)
16. "Once Upon a Time" (ABC)
15. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." (ABC)
14. "Supernatural" (CW)
13. "Lucifer" (Fox)
12. "Shameless" (Showtime)
11. "Arrow" (CW)
10. "The Big Bang Theory" (CBS)
9. "The 100" (CW)
8. "The Flash" (CW)
7. "13 Reasons Why" (Netflix)
6. "Westworld" (HBO)
5. "Blindspot" (NBC)
4. "Grey's Anatomy" (ABC)
3. "Game of Thrones" (HBO)
2. "Vikings" (History)
1. "The Walking Dead" (AMC)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Warner Bros. Shifts DC Strategy Amid Executive Change-Up
JUNE 13, 2018  Borys Kit
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-batman-suicide-squad-movie-plans-making-sense-dcs-moves-1119489

In the wake of Wonder Woman's surprise $821.8 million worldwide gross and Justice League's disappointing $657.9 million last year, Warners' DC plans needed a reset. According to insiders, Hamada has spent months going over the projects in development, culling certain ones, elevating others, keeping an eye on the big marquee heroes while also developing lesser-known characters that could pop big. This year, there's only one DC movie on the schedule — Aquaman, James Wan's take on the hero that stars Jason Momoa and opens Dec. 21.

Next year there will be two: Shazam!, starring Zachary Levi, and Wonder Woman 2, which begins shooting June 13. Then there are two potential Joker features — one to star Jared Leto, who played the character in 2016's Suicide Squad, and another, starring Joaquin Phoenix, that Todd Phillips will direct. Phillips' movie, expected to begin shooting in the fall, is budgeted at about $55 million, a fraction of most superhero pics, and may be launched under a new label that could be branded with a name like "DC Dark" or "DC Black."

But the other DC movies are leaving behind the dark and brooding palette. The Flash, which will finally begin production in early 2019 with Ezra Miller starring, has abandoned the somber themes it had been expected to tackle. The film now has the Game Night team of John Francis Daly and Jonathan Goldstein on board, and it's looking to Back to the Future as a touchstone. Margot Robbie, who brought a manic energy to Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, figures in the female-centric Birds of Prey, a Quinn spinoff film that is moving along with Sundance filmmaker Cathy Yan attached to direct. Meanwhile, a Batgirl movie, which had been in development with Joss Whedon before losing the director in February, is currently on track with Bumblebee screenwriter Christina Hodson penning a script.

The big question mark going forward is the future of Batman. Writer-director Matt Reeves turned in the first act of a new screenplay during the Memorial Day weekend. It's said to focus on a young caped crusader, and while the studio would not comment, it's unlikely that Ben Affleck, who has played Batman in three features, will again don the cowl.
Hamada and his boss Toby Emmerich, sources say, also are not looking to date upcoming titles in advance, something they're convinced has bedeviled the DC movies since 2013's Man of Steel. "Walter has a specific design for the universe," says one insider familiar with his thinking. "He has a plan."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Keto Shimizu was part of Panel 2 of Liz Hannah's female showrunners panel event (there were so many showrunners involved that they ended up having two panels, Beth Schwartz was part of Panel 1) - Keto talked about how, even though LoT involves time travel and the supernatural, at the end of the day, when they break it down, it's about the characters' emotions...
https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1gqxvXvzYekGB

Female Showrunners Discuss Sexual Harassment, Inculsion, NDAs & Mentors
David Robb   June 14, 2018 9:21am
https://deadline.com/2018/06/female-showrunners-panel-twitter-sexual-harassment-inculsion-ndas-mentors-1202410353/

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow co-RP Keto Shimizu, a graduate of an industry diversity program, described her mentor as “amazing,” and said, “It’s so important to give that back and try to steer people in the right direction.”
Others taking part in the panels included Alison Schapker (Scandal), Beth Schwartz (Arrow), Corey Nickerson (Black-ish), Gabrielle Stanton (The Flash), Laeta Kalogridis (Altered Carbon), Lauren Hissrich (The Defenders), Moira Walley-Beckett (Anne with an E), and Monica Breen (Midnight, Texas), and Sera Gamble (The Magicians).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

INTERVIEW: MATT RYAN ON CONSTANTINE, REPEATED RESURRECTIONS AND SUPANOVA COMIC CON AND GAMING
JUNE 12, 2018 CARINA NILMA
http://iris.theaureview.com/interview-matt-ryan-on-constantine-repeated-resurrections-and-supanova-comic-con-and-gaming/

... Ryan on the other hand has been portraying the character across multiple television shows in both live action and voicing the animated version of the character since 2014, but does he feel like a second skin?

“I’m not sure about if he feels like a second skin. I think I’ve gotten to know him pretty well, through all the research I’ve done, and I’m currently reading all the Hellblazer comics, or as many as I can get in before we start, and I’d probably be reading Enduring, as well. But it’s a great character to play. It’s fun, he’s dark and he’s witty, he’s a real three-dimensional human being, and I loved that about this wisecracking street magician in this universe.”

It began with his initial run on the stand-alone NBC show, that only got a half-season of 13 episodes and was brutally cut short. We shouldn’t be surprised since the character is involved in all things supernatural but for some reason (most likely the cult fanbase) the character of John Constantine, and Ryan’s portrayal in particular, seems to repeatedly be resurrected. Even after his character “gets put to bed”, Ryan however is always pleasantly surprised to get that call back to put the coat on again.

But, again, I thought then, that it was over. Then I went and did the Justice League Dark animation movie, and then Constantine: City of Demons, so at every corner, I thought of this character as being over. And then, they keep on getting me back, so it’s a great privilege, really, to be playing such an iconic character in, over all these different mediums. Now I’m really looking forward to having a good run at the character over a full season on Legends of Tomorrow.”
With Ryan now being confirmed as a series regular cast member for Legends Of Tomorrow in Season 4, there’s now an opportunity to potentially explore some of the aspects of the character that he didn’t get the chance to do in the stand alone show. And even though Legends tonally has a lighter feel, the universe the show lives in is the sort of place where Constantine can fit right in and not feel out of place.

“Well, doing Constantine on Legends of Tomorrow is different to, obviously, Constantine, or even the Hellblazer comics. There’s so many different elements of the character, which I think the writers of Legends, Arrow, and of Constantine, always did a great job of bringing those out. In terms of particular storylines, we did, and start to explore, we explored a few of those on the NBC show. That was great, to watch those writers kind of adapt in those stories, and see them through the medium of television. But there’s so many great stories in the comic books, and as I say, what’s great about them is just reading them, kind of gives me a little bit more, kind of history to the character, and a little bit under more my skin towards him, as well. And there’s always other elements of the character, and it’s great, but we can bring those to the fore in this show. That’s one thing I love about John is, he has so much going on and there’s so much more to explore that keeps you interested, and how they make of it in the character, as well. Because there are all these weird story lines that are being written over the years, that people always draw on them.”
Matt Ryan will be making appearances at Supanova Comic Con and Gaming Sydney and Perth.
Sydney – 15th – 17th June – Sydney Showground Olympic Park
Perth – 22nd – 24th June – Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre
For more information go to the official Supanova website or visit their social media channels.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nafessa Williams (Black Lightning) is a nominee for Favorite Female Breakout Star and Hartley Sawyer (The Flash) is a nominee for Favorite Male Breakout Star...

TV Scoop Awards 2018: Vote for Your Favorite Breakout Stars
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Thu., Jun. 14, 2018 12:00 PM
https://www.eonline.com/news/943619/tv-scoop-awards-2018-vote-for-your-favorite-breakout-stars 

ETA: I have been posting other voting categories - ones in which there are Arrow nominees - in the Golden Arrow thread.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

So I came across these flash spoilers on twitter. Now, my guess is this is more of a wishlist than legit spoilers, they seem way too in depth to be legit at this moment. That said, since twitter has been talking about them I figured I'd bring them over here in case anyone was interested.

5b23054e41658_ScreenShot2018-06-14at8_13_14PM.png.9b3de361c51418997b03205020735ad1.png

Lol Iris gets a friend just to end up being a love interest for Ralph. We'll find out about the validity of some of this stuff in about a month for SDCC where they'll have to hint at something like this, like who the villain is, introducing Sue, stuff with Caitlin's dad, etc.

• Love 1

I wouldn't have a problem with these spoilers! 

Ralph has a wife named Sue in the comics who's been around since 1961, so I knew they would bring her in if they were keeping Ralph on the show. That doesn't surprise me at all. Connecting her through Iris is a good idea because it can bring in the journalism stuff.

And the rest of that sounds pretty good to me, honestly.

(edited)

Actress Recognized as Something of a Real-Life Superhero
Jun 14, 2018    Hillary Atkin
https://www.tvweek.com/open-mic/2018/06/actress-recognized-as-something-of-a-real-life-superhero/

Actress Brie Larson, soon to star as Captain Marvel, is reaching real-life superhero status after receiving one of the top honors at Women In Film’s 2018 Crystal + Lucy Awards.

In ceremonies Wednesday night at the Beverly Hilton’s International Ballroom, Larson was honored with the Crystal Award for Excellence in Film, adding to her 2016 Academy Award, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild, BAFTA, Critics Choice and National Board of Review awards for her breakthrough lead performance as Ma in “Room.”

Instead of “thanking her publicist,” as most recipients would likely do, Larson used her entire acceptance speech — energizing the packed ballroom — to advocate for change in the ranks of those who write about film. According to a just-released USC Annenberg study, 67% of those critics who wrote about the top 100 movies of the year are white males.

“Am I saying I hate white dudes? No, but we need to be cognizant of doing our part to make sure that women and people of color are included in these ranks,” she said. “Reviews matter. They help independent films, they help slingshot movies to awards. A good review can change lives, as it did mine. I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude telling me about ‘A Wrinkle in Time.” It wasn’t made for him. Females and people of color, many of them freelance, are underrepresented and denied access to junkets and invites to screenings. Forty-one percent of journalism majors are women and 22% are people of color.”
[ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey] talked about one of her key mentors, Mark Pedowitz, who now runs the CW. “He was open to any idea that you were passionate about and had a strategy for. ‘Let’s give it a shot,’ he would say. Those are great words and they give you the freedom to fail. Bob Iger is the same way. He stresses the importance of risk-taking — and if you fail, so what? Advocate, pursue and do everything you can to bring it to life. Believe in yourself and your ideas. Stand up, speak up and rise up. When you see something counter to your beliefs, your actions must match your beliefs. In uncertain times, the opportunity exists to create meaningful change. When we put our minds to it, look out. We do that by having courage,” she said, referring to the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements — and possibly alluding to firing Roseanne Barr for her racist tweets.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Well that really opens up story possibilities.

Noooo I am sure it's just the wording!!!!! Surely they are not going to introduce a love child! Especially not one that is not from BEFORE WA got together!

PS 1500 words tonight =P

• Love 1
(edited)

From Wales Comic Con, April 21 or 22, 2018 - this was a good panel (posting here because there's a lot of Arrow, Flash, LoT, Constantine talk)...

Hosting DC Universe Panel Michael Rowe Rick Cosnett Matt Ryan Comic Con 2018...
Published on Jun 4, 2018, by Dr Rhys Jones (recorded by Jack Major)

-- Rick Cosnett: "I keep dying, but I keep coming back."

-- On fan hoping that Deadshot will return to Arrow, Michael Rowe: "Me too... Even if I was coming back, I wouldn't be able to tell you... I view like, if the character came back, it'd probably be, you haven't seen the worst of Deadshot. He'd do something really sneaky, like take Oliver's closest companion, like Felicity or Diggle, and turn 'em to the dark side, and like really mess with his head... He's the kind of dude that twists the knife... That would be really fun to explore that. It would also be fun to, like, put him in a tag team with someone like - oh, I don't know, Constantine and see what happens there... (Fan interjected, "What about Deathstroke?") Of course, Deathstroke was always sort of talked about. When I was on the show, Manu was on it as well. We always talked about that behind the scenes, how fun that would be... Lots of options, man. Lots of ways to bring him back."

-- Matt Ryan: "Constantine is going to be on Legends for the whole of Season 4... At every point of the journey with this character, I've thought it's over. And then they just keep on bringing him back... That's the great thing about these characters, isn't it? They can be resurrected, you know, and that's great... I've signed on to be - to join the cast for Season 4... I'll be on every show next year, so it'll be a great chance to have a good run of the character... I'm just starting to do my work on this now, you know, because obviously for awhile I put the character down. So I'm just going back to the comics and seeing if there's anything else that, um, I can glean from the character, you know, and see how we can kind of progress him in any way. I mean, it would be interesting to explore some of the things that happened on Constantine the series, just to tie up some loose ends there. That would be a good thing. But there's so many ways that John can wreak havoc in people's lives. It's just exciting to see what the writers come up with. And I have a list of things as well... so I'll be like, saying to the director, 'can you do this, can you do this, can you do this?' And then hopefully, some of those ideas will make it onto the screen, you know."

-- Matt Ryan: "I love the crossovers... If they are doing that again, it would be really fun to be a part of it."

-- Rick Cosnett said that GG is always dancing on set and that he's always in his Flash costume. He then demonstrated a twirling dance move that GG does. He said that there's "a lot of dancing, a lot of singing" on the Flash set.

-- Michael Rowe: "I did one episode of The Flash, and that freaked me out. That's a lot of jazz hands going on that day... I really enjoyed working on The Flash... It's so different than Arrow. Arrow's like all serious and dark and gritty. I get there and it's just like, they play around a little more, just the vibe has more comedy, maybe? And I'm also doing an [unintelligible word-alternate?] version of my character, so I had to like reset, go back and think of a bizarro version. He's a total wimp. He's a poor shot on the police force. I had to think up this whole back story. He's still in therapy, he lives with his mom, and all that. Some of that started coming out in his lines. Some of it made it to the show. So it was super fun, man."

-- Rick Cosnett: "Everybody loves him [Eddie] so much, so you really don't want to ruin that. But then, like, you really do. I think it would be cool if he came back and was really nice, just to lure everybody back in, and was diabolical and was like Barry's arch nemesis. I think that would be so super fun."

-- Fan: "If you could be any other character other than the ones you actually are, who would you pick?" Rick Cosnett: "Felicity." Matt Ryan: "Supergirl." Michael Rowe: "I'd like to be Diggle's son."

-- Matt Ryan: "I think he's going to cause trouble for everyone. But I think he'll get along with Mick because he's always got a light. And he likes beer. Although John likes the gin and tonic."

-- On their fave villain, Rick Cosnett: "I would say Poison Ivy, um, because she's just badass, and she's sexy, and, um, I love Uma Thurman."  Matt Ryan: "I've always been fascinated by what would happen if the Joker and Constantine came across each other... I don't know what would happen. That's what fascinates me... Would they be lovers? Friends? I don't know."  Michael Rowe: "I'm going to go with probably the crowd-pleasing answer. But we were really close to doing it on the show, and then they kinda like just hinted at it, instead of doing it full on. But Harley Quinn was going to be on Arrow there for a second, so I feel like - there's like unfinished business there. We actually filmed like, you know, I don't know if you remember, a Suicide Squad episode, and they just called her, uh, 'crazy girl' or something like that. The girl who does her voice in the animated films and the series, she voiced her. But we filmed a lot - (Fan interjected, "Tara Strong") Yeah, Tara Strong. And we filmed a lot of exchanges between Deadshot and Harley Quinn that were never put into the episode. So it was a game time decision to sort of not explore that as much as we [unintelligible word] planned. But it would be a lot of fun to get back there."

-- Michael Rowe: "I lost a lot of weight for my first appearance on Arrow, because it was presented to me that Stephen Amell was big and muscle-y, and we want you to be more like ripped and wiry and feral."

-- On whether they took anything from the set of their show, Rick Cosnett said that he took his police badge. Matt Ryan said that there were two lighters used on the Constantine set, which cost about $2,000 each to be embossed, and he still has one of those lighters: "I think they know I have it as well." Michael Rowe: "I'm supposed to be the villain, and I didn't take anything."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

On a fan hoping that Deadshot will return to Arrow, Michael Rowe: "Me too... Even if I was coming back, I wouldn't be able to tell you... I view like, if the character came back, it'd probably be, you haven't seen the worst of Deadshot. He'd do something really sneaky, like take Oliver's closest companion, like Felicity or Diggle, and turn 'em to the dark side, and like really mess with his head... He's the kind of dude that twists the knife...

I think that would be a better villain than 3-D. But maybe it was too close to Chase for season 6.

Whoever the villain(s) are next season,  I hope that they target more than just Oliver. The Big Bads that I've found the weakest are the ones that are only about Oliver like Ra's and 3-D rather than the Team because the stories are more simplistic.

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Brainy but I think he ought to stay in some sort of alien form. I had a feeling they were never happy with the makeup they came up with for him, and that's why they decided to suddenly have him in human form now, but I think they should just fix/change it and have him stay blue. 

If he's supposed to be a kind of Data-esque character I think he should look alien.

Edited by ruby24
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Whoever the villain(s) are next season,  I hope that they target more than just Oliver. The Big Bads that I've found the weakest are the ones that are only about Oliver like Ra's and 3-D rather than the Team because the stories are more simplistic.

Diaz had really nothing to do with Oliver (unless in terms of Oliver was blocking him from his goals but that's pretty much comparable to Darhk s4, who also wasn't the best villain) while Slade and Chase were actually only about Oliver. Ra's is really the only one who was only concerned about Oliver where it didn't work, so tbh they actually seemed to work better when the villain is more personally connected to Oliver than not. 

Although really it's all up to making a compelling villain with an interesting story. Reign in Supergirl (mostly, the season kind of dwindled after the hiatus but I am still interested in the Reign/Sam stuff) was interesting not because of her innocent connection to the other characters but how tragic/interesting her own story is, DeVoe for Flash worked more because of his twisted relationship with Marlize, and Mallus (imo) didn't work because there wasn't really anything about him to think over. It's all about making the villain a character in their own right first and then connecting their goals to the hero somehow, although for Arrow it happens to work better when the villains are about Oliver.

• Love 2

It doesn't quite confirm the departure of Chris Wood (and Jeremy Jordan and David Harewood plus Odette) but it does lean heavily toward those spoilers being true. 

They literally lost half their cast and kept the characters who do not interest me. Lena's a good character but she's saddled with James and the stupidity of not knowing Kara is Supergirl. James bores me. Kara's been pissing me off. Alex's whole story has been whining about wanting to be a mom. Brainy's only been in a few episodes in this season so I don't love him, nor do I hate him. 

As for The Flash cast news, no surprise about Hartley getting promoted. It was quite obvious that it was going that way. Maybe they can redeem the character like they did with Mon-El for me. Like Chris Wood, Hartley's a good actor, but he's saddled with such an awful character.

Regarding The Flash news, I just hope they write Ralph better since we're stuck with him. He had his moments this past season, but I feel like just as I'd start to not hate him by the end of an episode, he'd be back to his very annoying self by the beginning of the next. 

As for the Supergirl news, I like Brainy, so yay, and I don't care one way or the other about Mon-El's continued presence on the show. But Winn! No! I just hope we get to see him officially cross over (and not another Earth's version of him) next season. I really want a few Felicity/Winn/Cisco scenes. (No Curtis. He's not invited.) 

• Love 2
(edited)

17 TV Characters That Make Us LOL
Rachel Foertsch at June 15, 2018 
https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/17-tv-characters-that-make-us-lol/

1. Felicity Smoak - Arrow ...
Felicity's personality and commentary have always brought something special to Arrow. Her quirkiness and ability to make light of even the darkest situations make us want to do the same.

2. Cisco Ramon - The Flash ...
Everyone on The Flash has their moments, but Cisco is as funny as it gets. Like he said himself, the whole "naming the bad guys thing," is definitely Cisco's jam.

3. Winn Schott - Supergirl ...
Every superhero needs an awesome sidekick, but Winn is so much more than that. His incredible intelligence and desire to help others makes him a hero in his own right, and his hilarious commentary constantly cracks us up.
13. Kara Danvers - Supergirl ...
Kara is both an extremely cute and badass protagonist. Her bubbly personality constantly cheers up those around her and her kindness can melt even the coldest of hearts.

1. Felicity Smoak - Arrow
2. Cisco Ramon - The Flash
3. Winn Schott - Supergirl

4. Blair Waldorf - Gossip Girl
5. Hanna Marin - Pretty Little Liars
6. Damon Salvatore - The Vampire Diaries
7. Mark Sloan - Grey's Anatomy
8. Stiles Stilinski - Teen Wolf
9. Cheryl Blossom - Riverdale
10. Leo Fitz - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
11. John Murphy - The 100
12. Amy Raudenfeld - Faking It
13. Kara Danvers - Supergirl
14. Jane Sloan - The Bold Type
15. Simon Lewis - Shadowhunters
16. Waverly Earp - Wynonna Earp
17. Dean Winchester - Supernatural

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I like Lucifer except for the "Everyone Loves Chloe " stuff sbut I would have been okay if it ended at this point so a partial ya

I hope they write Ralph better next season but my biggest problem with him being promoted to regular status is that the show had always been too biased towards the male characters and this sounds like its more of the same.

The biggest problem with Ralph last season was that every episode that focused on him had almost the exact same storyline, repeated over and over again. And they were doing that because since he was new, they felt like they had to focus on him extensively so that his "death" would actually mean something by the time it happened.

That won't be the case this time, so I think he'll be a lot more bearable in a supporting part. I bet his only significant subplot will have to do with Sue being introduced, which is fine with me.

4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

That won't be the case this time, so I think he'll be a lot more bearable in a supporting part. I bet his only significant subplot will have to do with Sue being introduced, which is fine with me.

The ep said (when he was brought back from death), that they planned on him coming back from the start. He said they wanted to explore him being a private investigator... so I think he’s gonna probably have more story than he deserves, and story that imo should go to Iris. So I am not happy at all. I hate Ralph lol.

• Love 3

I don't hate Ralph, but he isn't bringing in anything to the show that it doesn't already have. He just takes up screentime that should be going to others.

• Love 5
(edited)

YES LUCIFER!!!

ETA: Other than it would be Yet Another White Guy on the show (and I don't want to lose the three we have), I'd love it if Winn's recurring status was because he was joining the Waverider.

Edited by Miss Dee

Lucifer getting picked up is surprising. I hope they can be a little more adult with their writing being on Netflix. That show was surprisingly tame for a show about the Devil. When Gotham was on before I was like why does Gotham get to go batshit crazy with their deaths and torture scenes and Lucifer is so tame. Maze was supposed to be Lucifer's number one torturer and we never go to see it. 

I'd even like if they went with the alternate version they showed after the finale. Chloe had an actual personality and Maze was running a demon cult. The only downside was no Trixie but I can live with that. 

I liked Lucifer's alternate world.

Ralph's 'death' was meaningless anyway because it always seemed like it wouldn't stick; they loved him too much.

7 hours ago, way2interested said:

Diaz had really nothing to do with Oliver (unless in terms of Oliver was blocking him frhom his goals but that's pretty much comparable to Darhk s4, who also wasn't the best villain) while Slade and Chase were actually only about Oliver. Ra's is really the only one who was only concerned about Oliver where it didn't work

Slade did want revenge on Oliver but he also went after Thea, Roy (mirakuru) and Laurel. Even Felicity was affected through Isabel who was working with Slade.

Chase also wanted Oliver but he was involved in getting Diggle out of prison. It also feels like there was more to the season overall than just the Prometheus story.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Lucifer's alternate world.

Ralph's 'death' was meaningless anyway because it always seemed like it wouldn't stick; they loved him too much.

Slade did want revenge on Oliver but he also went after Thea, Roy (mirakuru) and Laurel. Even Felicity was affected through Isabel who was working with Slade.

Chase also wanted Oliver but he was involved in getting Diggle out of prison. It also feels like there was more to the season overall than just the Prometheus story.

All because of Oliver. They were personally tied to and only cared about Oliver. If we are talking about going after more than just Oliver, then I will agree I would rather that, but I'd rather a villain who is connected to Oliver than not.

2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Whoever runs the shethority account should do better IMO. Because last time i checked you had a whole group of DCTV women who are part of the project that are under the nominees. 

The replies, tho.