Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I think it'll be the same. MG already said they started planning the crossover for next season, so it will still have the stink of MG (since he's not totally gone) & GB. Although, I think the xover will be more like Invasion, since Flash has it's 100th ep that season.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Trini said:

So with Kreisberg and Guggenheim gone, do you think next season's big crossover will be better or worse? Or not much different, with Berlanti still in charge?

Guggenheim isn't gone. He's still a consultant for Arrow and Legends. And Berlanti is the one that makes the big decisions about the crossovers (like the double wedding). so why would things be different?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Trini said:

So with Kreisberg and Guggenheim gone, do you think next season's big crossover will be better or worse? Or not much different, with Berlanti still in charge?

One thing though, SA has said now at least on two occasions that he wonders if the crossover should switch it up and instead of doing a big mash-up that uses everyone, that it just pick some of the characters and have it focus on their story.  Which sounds to me like Amell and his past random speculations that turned out to be spoilers.  So I'm bracing myself for The Flash to get primary control of the whole crossover guest starring maybe the leads of the other shows (and whoever they feel like from Legends)  And then maybe a bunch of small cameos of the rest of the casts. 

I really hope I'm way off but lowering my expectations seems safe since I can't imagine being as pleased with any crossover more than I was with the last one (even if it did include Nazi's, lol)

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So I'm bracing myself for The Flash to get primary control of the whole crossover guest starring maybe the leads of the other shows (and whoever they feel like from Legends)  And then maybe a bunch of small cameos of the rest of the casts. 

Next year’s crossover should be The Flash’s 100th episode right? If they’re scaling down I think that could definitely dictate who makes the cut. Or they’ll just move the crossover so The Flash can celebrate on its own.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

One thing though, SA has said now at least on two occasions that he wonders if the crossover should switch it up and instead of doing a big mash-up that uses everyone, that it just pick some of the characters and have it focus on their story.

The way I interpreted his quote was more of like how they did last year's crossover of using only some of the characters and then just focus on one story rather than trying to create scenes with as many characters as possible that just cause production headaches. I just can't picture SA actually being ok with being a supporting character in another show's 4 episode long arc, except for the lone Flash 100th episode.

Edited by way2interested
2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Or they’ll just move the crossover so The Flash can celebrate on its own.

I doubt they'd do that because I think The Flash would want the other casts to be involved; Arrow because it's that show's spin-off, Legends because several Flash characters are (or have been) on that show, and Supergirl ... because they're part of the universe too. But besides that, I don't think there's any way they(CW/WB/DC) wouldn't want to take advantage of a big Flash event also happening during the big crossover. Ratings-wise, it worked out well last year with the Barry/Iris wedding.

Berlanti took credit/blame for "two weddings and a funeral" and they already started planning for it so I doubt much will change except it will almost certainly be Flash centric because of 100 and Barry sort of taking a backseat last year. Though it was kind of nice for Iris and Caitlin to sort of have more to do than Barry and Cisco. 

Kevin Feige Explains Hawkeye's Absence From 'Avengers: Infinity War' Marketing
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - April 23, 2018
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/23/avengers-infinity-war-hawkeye-absence-kevin-feige/

Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige is explaining Hawkeye's absence from Avengers: Infinity War promotional materials, calling the supposed snub “one of the best things that ever happened to Hawkeye.”

“We [at Marvel] love Hawkeye. There are big, big story things coming up for Hawkeye and Jeremy Renner is as strong an actor as anyone in the MCU and awesome as this character,” Feige told io9.

“But ‘The guy with the bow and arrow jokes’, right? There are a lot of ‘Guy with bow and arrow jokes,’” Feige said. "He even makes ‘Guy with a bow and arrow’ jokes in some of the movies. So I love that people go from ‘Oh, Hawkeye is just lucky to be there,’ to ‘Oh, where is he? He’s not there? What's going to happen? We need Hawkeye. We want more Hawkeye.’”
Hawkeye and actor Jeremy Renner being MIA is all part of the plan, according to Infinity War directors Anthony and Joe Russo, who say audiences “just need to be patient.”

“As we were working on both films, we were thinking about story real estate,” Joe Russo said.

“We had the luxury of cracking both scripts at the same time and we wanted to give each character, especially the original Avengers, their moments. It led us to certain choices, especially considering the events of Civil War where [Hawkeye’s] included in this group of insurgents and has to deal with the ramifications of siding against the U.S. government. So that led us to a very specific story with him that, as I’ve said before is a long play, not a short play. Audiences just need to be patient.”

Speaking to press on the set of the Marvel blockbuster last year, the Russo brothers revealed Hawkeye would be “on his own journey” come Infinity War.

“Hawkeye coming out of Civil War is in the same position that the Cap and Falcon are in at the end of that movie. And Ant Man,” Joe said.

“And coming into this movie, the characters who are on Cap's side coming out of Civil War, some made certain decisions and others made other decisions that led to different paths and them dealing with oversight in this movie in a different way.”

“Yeah, he has a unique reaction to the Civil War situation that puts him in a special spot this film,” Anthony added.

The bow-wielding Avenger has famously been excluded from all Infinity War trailers and TV spots, and Renner is not credited on the billing in any of the main posters released since the first San Diego Comic Con poster released last July.

In that poster, Renner's Clint Barton is situated just above Spider-Man and between Bucky and the Hulk.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Someone's been working out - apparently Zachary Levi posted this pic after fans saw set pics of him in costume filming Shazam! and questioned whether those were fake muscles under his suit (also, it looks like DCEU is finally moving away from the desaturated color palette)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think that is one thing Snyder should've been left to consult on..the outfits and story behind them. They should've done the outfit similar to supes.

Still can't believe DC isn't allowing Shazam to use Black Adam as his big enemy. Take your characters most iconic villain and keep him completely separate from the hero so he can have his own movie? Smart dc.

This movie better be aware of how silly it is.  The concept, the characters, the look, the story, all of it is absurd and should not be taken seriously.  That would save this movie.  Since Zach is in it, I have hope that will happen, but WB/DC does have the tendency to zig when they should zag so we'll have to wait and see.

• Love 6

DC finally decided to add color to their hero costumes but get it from Walmart instead of making it. The muscles in the suit still look padded. 

I can hope DC has a sense of humor and make Shazam more Ant-Man than Man of Steel. I won't hold my breath on that since I have seen no evidence they know what they are doing with their hero universe. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

They do because watching only the last part of the crossover would be confusing and you can't really skip it since it did impact the second half of Legends this year. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

The upfronts schedule was recently updated, but The CW is still scheduled for May 17. Also, no renewal announcement has been made yet for Gotham or Agents of SHIELD, so maybe Fox and ABC will announce their decisions then...

Network Upfronts and Digital NewFronts Schedule -- 2018
As of April 20, 2018
https://www.mediavillage.com/article/2018-network-upfronts-and-digital-newfronts-calendar/

Date       Network         City                Event
May 14    Fox                 New York        Afternoon
May 15    Disney ABC    New York        Afternoon
May 17    The CW          New York        Morning

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Viewers first met Leo Snart in last fall’s four-show crossover event, and he has since then stopped by Legends of Tomorrow before heading back to his Earth to pop the question to beau Ray “The Ray” Terrill. (Asked about the ring Leo now seems to sport, Helbing would only say, “We pick up where Legendsdropped him off, so to speak.”) But Citizen Cold is not the only Earth-Xer taking part in this week’s episode of The Flash. No, we also will meet for the first time Arrow heroine Laurel Lance’s doppelgänger from that war-torn universe, dubbed Siren-X (played by franchise vet Katie Cassidy).

“She’s sort of the last remaining fighter of the Nazi regime, so she’s got a big chip on her shoulder,” Helbing previews. And as for who she stacks up against the similarly sinister Black Siren currently confounding Team Arrow, “Her powers are pretty similar, but there’s one new thing that she can do with those powers that we’ve never seen any version of her do before.”

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Well, I hope Nazi Laurel ends up like Nazi Oliver.

I wonder if KC has a headcanon for this Laurel that also involves Nazi Oliver somehow. Like even though she wasn’t the love of his life (because he married Overgirl) he was hers, and now she’s avenging his death at the hands of the Earth 1 folks.

• Love 12

As much as I wouldn’t mind seeing villain Felicity, I’m glad they never made her a Nazi and I appreciate that every Alt Version seen has been a hero. 

5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Hmmmm ...

The season finale is called “We are The Flash” - a WestAllen call back. She tweeted some eyebrow raising stuff around negotiation time. I don’t recall (may be wrong) she tweeted anything about the renewal. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

She tweeted some eyebrow raising stuff around negotiation time.

Was that when she mentioned having had a good run, or something like that?

Are there worries Flash is going to kill off Iris? I wouldn't normally think this but a friend who watches a show called When Calls the Heart was railing this past week

Spoiler

because the male lead was killed off

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

Black Siren fans bug me because they say she is being redeemed because she hesitates sometimes in killing people. So what. She’s allowed to not like certain ways of killing and it doesn’t mean redemption.

I’ve noticed she likes clean kills, simple and easy. When she killed Vincent she had to scream til the blood came out, dirty. When she watched Diaz kill his childhood bully she winced because he had to beat him up first (then pours a minuscule amount of lighter fluid on him which exploded into a full out human fire bomb. NOPE) before killing him. Dirty. Doesn’t mean redemption. It may just mean she doesn’t like blood. 

Villains have feelings too.

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

With assists from Amunet?  So one of the Flash villains is going to be on the side of the heroes when they bring in a Nazi Laurel?  Interesting choices.  

I don't think they'll be in the same episode.

In this Tuesday’s episode, “Fury Rogue” (The CW, 8/7c), Barry recruits Leo Snart (returning Arrowverse player Wentworth Miller) to help transport a dangerous meta, while subsequent weeks will find Earth 19 bounty hunter Gypsy (Jessica Camacho), Central City villainess Amunet (Katee Sackhoff) and then Star City’s John Diggle (Arrow‘s David Ramsey) lending a hand.

Was that a modified Van Dyke Mon El was sporting on Supergirl this episode?

I really liked that episode of Supergirl.  Kara finally talked about all the problems in their perfect relationship, Lena and Sam were great (with support from James) and I now hope Lena can cure Sam,  and David Harewood and Carl Lumby were the stars in a heartbreaking story.

• Love 1

That's not bad at all.

Whoever wrote the Girls Night episode this season was the worst! OMG!!!! One of the most cringeworthy eps I've seen on TV. It had Felicity in it so the odds were stacked for me to view it favourably but it was dreadful! 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, way2interested said:

King Shark episode, Jesse's focus/hero episode, Gypsy's intro episode, and part 2 of the Gorilla Grodd two parter.

Were they good episodes? That's two female-centric episodes, I hope he handled Jesse and Gypsy well.

7 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Were they good episodes? That's two female-centric episodes, I hope he handled Jesse and Gypsy well.

I liked Jesse's hero story (and it was the beginning of Caitlin's Killer Frost story arc before it got confusing and meh) and think Gypsy is a cool character (he wrote two of her first episodes) and liked the way she was introduced. They weren't female-centric per se, just had some female character presence in 2 of them. The King Shark episode had Diggle and Lyla in it, which is probably one of the reasons why this guy is moving to Arrow. 

ETA Also forgot, he wrote an Iris badass moment where she confronts an arms dealer directly because she knows she's not supposed to die until May but also wrote Barry's original proposal.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Last night's ratings (preliminary)

IMG_0910.PNG

Wow Supergirl took quite a hit in viewers from last week (1,911,000).   I wonder why?  That's a series low for both demo and viewers.

I don't know, but it's disappointing. This season of Supergirl has been stronger than last season; this second half is pretty solid. That being said, that really is a significant drop, not even the first episode back from the hiatus. 

• Love 2