Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Alex is probably hungover (the spoilers we got said the Sara/Alex hookup happens the night before the wedding), thus the sunglasses.

Alex probably went to a bar, met and went home with Sara and shows up late while hung over. Kara gets mad at her, then Sara shows up and Alex is surprised to see her because she didn't know she was going to the wedding too. 

2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah, I thought Kara was Felicity.  *facepalm*  It makes more sense now.  It still looks the same, but as @way2interested said, that is kind of Kara's style.

It doesn't help that they're both wearing their glasses, which I don't understand why, especially for Felicity, who never wears glasses when she's dressed formally.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I definitely think Felicity is a bridesmaid. And given Karas dress is different I'm assuming she isn't it.

Kara's dress is the same color, though. Some wedding parties have that same color but not the same dress style for the bridesmaids.

oh noes I want them to have the whole walk down the aisle thing!

I want to see Felicity walk first in her dress and they'll pan to Oliver's stupid in love face! I will be so upset if I don't get that! If she's not a bridesmaid I'm cool but if she is I WANT a shot of Oliver's besotted face!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ChampagneSupernova said:

Based on how that scene is - it doesn't even seem like Felicity or Iris will walk down the aisle.

And based on how Felicity is the last person to walk down the aisle before Iris, she's likely going to be the maid of honor.

Did I miss a spoiler? How do we know the order down the aisle? 

Weighing in on the dress debate, Iris looks beautiful. I'm going to go against the grain, this top doesn't bother me as much as the bottom. I don't like the abrupt separation of the top and bottom. I like what I can see of Felicitys dress and I love her hair. I like Sara's look but I don't like it for a wedding.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Did I miss a spoiler? How do we know the order down the aisle? 

Weighing in on the dress debate, Iris looks beautiful. I'm going to go against the grain, this top doesn't bother me as much as the bottom. I don't like the abrupt separation of the top and bottom. I like what I can see of Felicitys dress and I love her hair. I like Sara's look but I don't like it for a wedding.

In the video below it looks like Iris and Felicity will be outside directing people as they run out. I just assumed that they're out of the church first if they haven't walked down the aisle yet. I also assumed that the reason why Felicity hasn't walked down the aisle yet and there are no other bridesmaids around directing people - that Felicity is the last one to walk down the aisle (before Iris) which means she's the MoH.

Edited by ChampagneSupernova
  • Love 2

Sigh - this guy clearly has a problem with Arrow...

The 15 Worst Superhero TV Plot Twists
October 11, 2017 by Colin Spindler
http://www.cbr.com/worst-superhero-tv-plot-twists/

12. RA’S AL GHUL’S DEATH (ARROW)
.  .  .
Ra’s al Ghul’s bioterrorism plot in Arrow is underwhelming in scope and execution. For a climactic battle, the showdown on top of the dam ends much too soon. Oliver just stabs him and Ra’s keels over, proud to have chosen the “right” successor. Fans are then made to endure Oliver giving a cheesy speech to his team. He turns to Felicity and proclaims his love for her (right in front of Laurel!) and then calls it quits as the Arrow.

So what’s the problem with all this? For starters, Ra’s al Ghul is a terrifying villain in the comics. In the Arrowverse, however, he’s just a centuries-old guy with a sword and an implacable accent who speaks in pseudo-proverbs and tacky truisms. His skills with a sword are strong but there’s nothing remotely scary or menacing about him. He’s the General Grievous of the Arrowverse. What a missed opportunity!

15. CLARK LUTHOR (SMALLVILLE)
14. JULIAN’S BIG SURPRISE (FLASH)
13. IS PENGUIN PSYCHIC? (GOTHAM)
12. RA’S AL GHUL’S DEATH (ARROW)
11. OLIVER QUEEN, THRILL KILLER (ARROW)

10. ISN’T COULSON DEAD? (AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.)
9. RIP HUNTER, AMERICAN EDITION (LEGENDS OF TOMORROW)
8. COTTONMOUTH’S DEATH (LUKE CAGE)
7. BUFFY’S SISTER DAWN (BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER)
6. WALLY’S DEATH (YOUNG JUSTICE)
5. OLIVER’S ILLEGITIMATE SON (ARROW)
4. GRANT WARD, BAD GUY (AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.)
3. DAVIS BLOOME IS DOOMSDAY’S VESSEL (SMALLVILLE)
2. BATDAD (BATMAN: BEYOND)
1. QUENTIN LANCE IS DEPUTY MAYOR (ARROW)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

He turns to Felicity and proclaims his love for her (right in front of Laurel!) and then calls it quits as the Arrow.

I'm supposed to burst out laughing reading this, right? This guy is clearly so offended.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 9

Marvel's Runaways debuts Nov. 21 on Hulu...

A group of six Los Angeles teens, fractured by a tragic loss, reunite only to discover that their parents may be hiding a terrible secret that turns their world upside down.

Runaways_TA.jpg 
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/marvels-runaways-first-look-promo-lq.html

(Cat Grant: "You look like the attractive, yet non-threatening, racially diverse cast of a CW show.")

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

He turns to Felicity and proclaims his love for her (right in front of Laurel!) and then calls it quits as the Arrow.

I guess he missed it when he called Felicity "the woman I love" back in 223 right in front of Slade and Laurel too? Or since that was the final battle against Slade and a """"lie,"""" it was ok then?

Also, kind of surprised the technicalities they have to go with to make the plot twist of Ward being a bad guy a bad one. Yeah, the moments they referenced were meh, but the first twist of him being a part of Hydra was actually pretty good imo. Why not switch it to another twist, like Daisy randomly being evil at the end of s3?

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2

I hate Iris's dress,  but I love the detailing on Kara's.  Seriously beautiful. 

Also Bruce as Terry's father was an awesome decision,  and epilogue was a fantastic episode.   That guy can stop offering opinions now. 

• Love 4

I guess he missed it when he called Felicity "the woman I love" back in 223 right in front of Slade and Laurel too? Or since that was the final battle against Slade and a """"lie,"""" it was ok then?

I've seen some lauriver fans say the whole "I love you" declaration at the end of season 2 was a lie Oliver concocted just to save Laurel from Slade - so of course, they would be fine with it.

Edited by ComicFan777
29 minutes ago, way2interested said:

None of these people are actually obligated to spend time with each other and some of them have left when personal reasons dictated it. And whilst it's good to be sensitive to other people's feelings, Laurel *insisted* she be a part of the group many times and witnessed a lot of Olicity things due to that. If it was too hard for her she could have focused on other ways of helping the city. That also goes for Oliver and Felicity in S4b/5 and any other fallouts among the team. They all came back to the team in the end so they have to cope with each other's issues and situations.

19 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I've seen some lauriver fans say the whole "I love you" declaration at the end of season 2 was a lie Oliver concocted just to save Laurel from Slade - so of course, they would be fine with it.

Which then caused no Lauriver in S3 at all. I know some did take it as a sign that with LL as BC happening that Lauriver was on again but it did become clear that Oliver actually meant what he said, even if he didn't mean to say it. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Also Bruce as Terry's father was an awesome decision,  and epilogue was a fantastic episode.   That guy can stop offering opinions now. 

Except for the part where Terry was a raging, hypocritical, self-revisionist ASSHOLE.? Amanda Waller was great and funny in "Epilogue." I wanted to punch Terry for breaking her heirloom teacup and saucer.

• Love 1

Candice looks gorgeous even though I dont like the dress that much, yeah the top bit looks like lingerie, and in some pics her bra cup is showing. Hopefully the camera doesnt get that.

I Love Emily's dress, and it has a slit which is perfect as well. I just hope Oliver gets to see her in it. 

Yeah MB's dress looks too "sunday church" to me. Caity's simple dress looks good and I like Chyler's, but it's too bling bling for a wedding.

I just realized Felicity is wearing her glasses? Why? She usually ditches them for dressy occasions and I would count the wedding as one. I know, I know, sometimes you just have to wear the glasses IRL. But I thought it was kinda odd. My mind did immediately go to the Wonder Woman glasses scene with Steve, Etta and Diana, LOL! 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for the part where Terry was a raging, hypocritical, self-revisionist ASSHOLE.? Amanda Waller was great and funny in "Epilogue." I wanted to punch Terry for breaking her heirloom teacup and saucer.

Preach.   Break one piece the set is worthless,  what a git.

• Love 1

I love the bottom half of the wedding dress, could do without the top, but Candice is beautiful in anything. I like Felicity’s dress, it’s simple and pretty, nothing out of this world but nice. My god daughter was flower girl, in what looks exactly like Melissa’s dress 7 years ago... so when I look at Melissa, her dress seems more appropriate for little girl to me.

I would guess that they're just filming out of order and there's more scenes inside the church to be filmed. So I'd say we will see everyone walking down the aisle and then all hell breaks lose. 

As I said above, I'm not exactly a fan of Iris' dress but CP looks stunning anyway, like a princess. I love Felicity's dress. It's simple and elegant and she looks beautiful. Kinda wish she wasn't wearing her glasses but it makes me wonder if they're going to do another "Oh they look so much alike!" scene between her and Kara, who is also wearing her glasses and a soft pink dress. ?

Edited by Guest

Assuming that doesn't adjust down, that's an improvement in both Wednesday night timeslots from last season for the CW (Arrow had a .7/1.87 in that timeslot last season.) And although those are not exactly what anyone would call great numbers for Dynasty, they might be just enough to let the CW have a new show this season that isn't dead on arrival, depending upon how the rest of the season goes.

Meanwhile, not to sound like a broken record on this, but is there any possible way that I can get you guys to follow the lead of the CW, Fox, and ABC (and Showtime, Netflix, and several others) and stop paying attention to the demo and focus on total viewers, a better indicator of future revenue, instead? 

• Love 6
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah but I feel like they did the same last year and they've done it for other shows where it didn't always pay off. 

I feel the xposure to the general audience was more severe with appearances on morning shows and talk shows.  Then the TCA push and what not. 

5 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

That's amazing! How often does a show double its ratings like that?

GOT

6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah but I feel like they did the same last year and they've done it for other shows where it didn't always pay off. 

There was way more push this year...it was literally everywhere.

13 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

That's amazing! How often does a show double its ratings like that?

Frequently, if not as much in the last two/three years, presumably thanks to increased streaming. It is, however, unusual for the CW.

Trivia note: one historical example was the 1980s Dynasty, which tripled its ratings in its second season. 

Oh, I guess I just meant recently. I know historically shows were discovered in later seasons a lot, but it doesn't seem like this is something that happens too often anymore, especially for the CW.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They had Jimmy freaking Fallon tell everyone they need to watch Riverdale because it's the bestest show ever and then a week or so later the cast appeared on the show. 

They've definitely been pushing Riverdale hard up. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2