Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Because Thea adores him in this reality. Its the Darkest Timeline where not only did the villains win, but the villains got to make the heroes until whoever they wanted them to be. At least Felicity got to be a badass vigilante and the Last Hero Standing in this world. Poor Sara got stuck serving the guy she hates most in the world, and loving it.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Pros - she was the last hero fighting and she fought till the end. 

Cons - they snapped her neck. Makes me uncomfortable. Sorry. Get Felicity fans to tune in only to reward her haters.

Yep. That's the problem I had with it.

Oh well. Now instead of binge watching LoT on Netflix I can spend the time on something else.

• Love 2
Just now, lemotomato said:

Yep. That's the problem I had with it.

Oh well. Now instead of binge watching LoT on Netflix I can spend the time on something else.

I'm already seeing gross celebrations about it, like some truly disturbing stuff. MG just gave them what they wanted. 

They killed Caitlin, alt-Felicity and Amaya in one night, that must be a new record for fridgeing. 

Sara had her neck snapped by Rip a few episodes ago. Of course as a Sara fan I've seen my favorite character die 5 times.  

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

MG is incapable of not putting his foot in his dumb mouth, LOL (ooop @ me - I didn't realize this was the same article linked above):

“There’s two lines in the sand that I’ve drawn for Arrow for myself,” Guggenheim says. “I can’t speak for Greg [Berlanti] or for Wendy [Mericle], but for as long as I’m involved with the show, the two things I never want to do is kill off Thea [Willa Holland] and put Felicity in a mask and a costume. Those, to me, are two lines that I just think are a bridge too far. Thea, because we’ve taken so many family members away from Oliver, and Felicity because when you put a character like that in a costume, I think it diminishes who that character is and it makes the idea of superheroics seem silly.”

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

and Felicity because when you put a character like that in a costume, I think it diminishes who that character is and it makes the idea of superheroics seem silly.”

That's the stupidest thing he's ever said

• Love 11

I'm sorry to see so many people here giving up on LoT already because of Felicity dying quickly. I get it, I was hoping for more from her as well, and I love Felicity, but as someone who has been watching LoT all season, this was one of its best episodes. It had action, drama, humor, and villains actually being villainous and not stupid. I really wish more people would give it a chance, and not take it off their list just because of this one thing. I cant make anyone watch something they don't want to, and if people aren't interested, that's certainly their prerogative, but it seriously is the best of the Arrowverse shows right now, in my humble opinion.

And no way in hell is Amaya staying dead. Her death would screw up too many things in continuity, and with the preview for next week, it looks like this will be dealt with ASAP.

Honestly, between last weeks Arrow, and tonight's Flash and LoT, I vote that all the heroes of the Arrowverse take a long ass vacation soon. Or at least find a small army of therapists.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm already seeing gross celebrations about it, like some truly disturbing stuff. MG just gave them what they wanted. 

Bad behavior getting rewarded is a trend this week.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Delphi said:

Ugh.   I didn't think that it would bother me too much,  but I'm not even sure I want to watch this episode. 

I watched till Sara snapped her neck and then I flipped to the Bones finale.  I lost my interest in the episode and I object to being jerked around.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

Bad behavior getting rewarded is a trend this week.

Just this week?

Felicity outlasted Green Arrow, Flash and whatever number BC they were on in Doomworld. She was the last hero to added Darkh's creepy collection. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 15
Just now, lemotomato said:

FWIW, @tennisgurl, my decision to not watch LoT is not really about the show itself and everything to do with how much I dislike MG. 

Haha go you!!!!!

I'm considering telling my friends to boycott it on Netflix because they support me on random petty grudges when it comes to stuff like this! 

Once Caity told a fan not to hate her, I knew she was gonna die. I am thankful they did it in the first 5 minutes because I was able to change the channel and not suffer through the entire episode. But I am not a fan of this show and I have tried to be. It's just not for me.

Edited by JJ928

I guess I was fine with Alt Felicity's death, because at the end of the day, it is just an alternate universe that we know it'll be fixed, we got to see Felicity in costume and with a mask, she looked and was a badass, AND she was confirmed to be the last hero in Star City, outliving Oliver, Diggle, and everyone else. I expected a cameo and she got to go out fighting, so I'd call that a semi-win. At least she got to make a cool cameo. LOT is a fun show to watch; it's not supposed to be serious so I take it for what it is. 

I also ignore the Felicity haters because they're going to hate no matter what. I don't mind, because I honestly do remember when Laurel died and a bunch of her anti-fans cheered and celebrated. I don't like Laurel, but her fans do so it does suck when a character you love dies. I try to stay neutral in these types of situations and ignore the haters or the other side of the fandom.

As for that comment, MG can go suck it.

• Love 11

There was nothing to suffer through the episode was great. LoT's the only show CWDC show that knows how to balance darkness and humor while also knowing how to use everyone on the team equally. I actually wish they didn't bring Felicity on the show, it's going to get LoT the hatred it doesn't deserve. Of course Felicity fans probably wouldn't have stuck around to watch the show anyway. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Of course Felicity fans probably wouldn't have stuck around to watch the show anyway. 

LoT is a show I look forward to every week.  I think in terms of quality it's the best of the Flarrowverse.

But seeing Felicity killed before the credits just turned me off entirely.  Even when MG gives me what I want, he has the ability to ruin in as I get it.  Adlerian psychologists refer to it was "spitting in my soup".

Edited by statsgirl
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

Once Caity told a fan not to hate her, I knew she was gonna die. I am thankful they did it in the first 5 minutes because I was able to change the channel and not suffer through the entire episode.

Same. So, at least, thanks to CL for preparing me for it.

I was, however, not quite prepared for that dickish interview. My goodness, that guy can be such an a-hole. Imagine being EBR and reading about your boss' opinion about your character. Such a terrible showrunner.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

There was nothing to suffer through the episode was great. LoT's the only show CWDC show that knows how to balance darkness and humor while also knowing how to use everyone on the team equally. I actually wish they didn't bring Felicity on the show, it's going to get LoT the hatred it doesn't deserve. Of course Felicity fans probably wouldn't have stuck around to watch the show anyway. 

I appreciate that you and others like it and feel that way. I've tried to watch it many times and the show doesn't do it for me. So sitting through an hour of characters I don't care for, to me, is a hassle... that's why I was happy she was offed quickly. I don't think people are actually gonna drop LOT after this at least not in a substantial way that will hurt the show. And let's be real, I don't think FS fans that may have tuned in, that didn't already watch were gonna stick around a make a difference so there'll be no affecting it. And going by twitter people are not hating on LOT or any of the characters, I've see a lot of FS fans supporting Caity/Sara, their anger is mostly at MG after his comments. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

I appreciate that you and others like it and feel that way. I've tried to watch it many times and the show doesn't do it for me. So sitting through an hour of characters I don't care for, to me, is a hassle... that's why I was happy she was offed quickly.

Same. I dreaded the thought of having to sit through it to see what happened with Felicity. I'm glad it was...efficient, haha.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

FWIW, @tennisgurl, my decision to not watch LoT is not really about the show itself and everything to do with how much I dislike MG. 

Well, I can at least respect that as a reason! I guess I just feel like the show gets a bad rep among the Arrowverse crowd, and it makes me a little...protective? I know MG is a massive dickhead, but I can divorce him pretty quickly from my enjoyment of shows he's involved in. If others cant, I totally get it, no judgement here!

Really, they shouldn't have hyped Felicity's cameo up so much. It would have worked better if her being there was a surprise, so Felicity fans didn't come over just to watch their favorite die. That's pretty shitty, but I blame MG, not LoT. His constant need to piss off his own fans is just baffling. The death itself worked fine for me. I wish she had lasted a little bit longer, but they wanted to show this was a Dark Universe, and killing off a lovable fan favorite from another show is a good way to show that, without taking any of the main characters from this show out of the action too quickly. It was brutal, but it certainly set the tone of the episode.

Also, Felicity looked a million times cooler and more badass in her costume for five minutes than Curtis and that dumbass T mask has all season.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 17

Since I'm one of the people who turned LOT off after the first 3 minutes, am I correct that Doomworld was dreamed up by the villains? Who took the time to make my girl a BAMF in leather who outlasted every other hero out there? Out of all the dozens of heroes and villains that have appeared on the Flarrowverse shows? 

Yeah, I ain't even mad. 

• Love 8

F*** off Marc please and kindly!

And if Felicity had to go down at least she went down like a hero and not expressing her eternal love to a guy not interested- just saying (for all the Felicity Haters in the back seats).

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I thought it was pretty damn cool. Felicity seems like the last vigilante standing in Star City. Damien Darhk is now mayor and sent his two lady minions (Felicity called them Bimbo Brigade, hah!) after her. Took two of them to take her down. And then she was taken to Darhk before he ordered her killed. And then he placed her mask next to the other fallen vigilantes: Green Arrow, Spartan, The Flash, Ragman, Wild Dog and Vigilante. I think there was another mask there but I didn't recognize it.

Aw, they put in Rory there. 

Did Thea show up or was she just mentioned?