Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Assuming the Wells position will be open by the end of the season... There could be a place for a tech-mentor on Flash. It's ot that I want it to happen, but it's better to prepare ourselves.

I hope not. Wells is kind of the most compelling thing about the show now, besides Joe/Barry. I'm only watching so I understand what's happening during crossovers. Replacing Wells with Ray AKA the least compelling thing in Arrow after Laurel is not a good idea. 

• Love 4

Assuming the Wells position will be open by the end of the season... There could be a place for a tech-mentor on Flash. It's ot that I want it to happen, but it's better to prepare ourselves.

I could see that I guess. Maybe he buys STAR Labs. But I can't say I'd be happy about it. Sorry, but Brandon Routh is no Tom Cavanagh. :(

And as The Atom, it kind of still feels like he'd be taking over from Barry if he took over leadership of the team. :(

Edited by Starfish35

For ATOM, it would to be a spin-off at best, recurring at worst. It looks like they want to do a spin-off, but I skeptical that CW can sustain 3 superhero shows. Also, wouldn't that mean that the showrunners would be spread out over 3 shows? At least 1 of them is going to suffer, if not all.

They have already made references to Ray Palmer on The Flash, haven't they? I remember seeing signs for Palmer Technologies so the set up is definitely there. I'm sure they wanted an ATOM spin off but I don't think it will happen.

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice that when gabe went to shoot that deer he didn't have his scope open when he took the shot, how could u shoot a dear when ur scope wasn't open all the way , no wonder he missed

Arrow’s Stephen Amell Reveals What Marvel Character He Would Be, And Why It Isn't Hawkeye or Captain America

By Russ Burlingame  02/08/2015

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/09/arrow-s-stephen-amell-reveals-what-marvel-character-he-would-be-/

I am not sure how many posts comicbook.com conjured out of the same Stephen Amell appearance, but he also gave his opinion on various crossover possibilities.

"It would be interesting. I was saying this earlier. It would be interesting to cross over with Constantine, only because he knows a lot about the Lazarus Pit, which is something that we've introduced in the show this year," Amell told his audience. "It would be cool to crossover with Supergirl because it's something with Greg Berlanti, who's the helmer and sort of the brain trust or the center of the brain trust of Arrow and The Flash and I know so many of the people that are involved in the production of that show so that would be really interesting. And Gotham would be a tough one, just because I think they're out in a different time but the crossover with The Flash was so much fun and did so well that I can't imagine a world -- a universe, no pun intended -- where that didn't happen and continue to happen all the time."

While I can't see an actual crossover with Gotham happening due to the time differential and all the business issues, it would be cool for Oliver or Barry to visit Gotham City and use the Gotham sets and production values (CGI, color palette, etc.)  Maybe Ben McKenzie gets to play an older Commissioner Gordon, and perhaps there's even a scene on a rooftop where Arrow suddenly finds his bowstring cut by a shuriken and a voice from the shadows says, "Oliver Queen... We need to talk." 

Casting note: Voice on rooftop: Kevin Conroy

• Love 3

Didn't we only see Grodd once? We only got his name and the trashed cage in the Pilot.

I had the funniest thought. Why do I feel like things are more exciting there than Arrow?

Because things are more exciting and fun on The Flash. Things over there can get silly but, at least, they know it and actually embrace the cheese. Nowadays, Arrow is where fun and excitement go to die. Also, sadly, logical and organic story-telling.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 8

Oh, yeah. The tag scene at the end of last week's episode in the sewers is what I meant by actually only seeing him once. Because all we saw in the pilot was his name and the cage. Or, wait, actually I think he was present in a flashback as a normal-ish gorilla? So, yeah, that would make it twice then.

Oh, yeah. The tag scene at the end of last week's episode in the sewers is what I meant by actually only seeing him once. Because all we saw in the pilot was his name and the cage. Or, wait, actually I think he was present in a flashback as a normal-ish gorilla? So, yeah, that would make it twice then.

Sorry, I misread, haha.

Yeah, it was the Flashback, i think it was the episode with Clancy Brown or the one with William Saddler.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Come on Marvel...get the damn X-Men back from FOX and do a real story instead of the massive screw ups FOX keeps pushing out.

This is cool news, I'm glad Sony/Disney worked out a deal that brought Spidey back into the MCU. Sony probably saw all the money they could make without another reboot.

I'm under the impression this is a reboot? Most of the articles I read last night gave the impression that Andrew Garfield is out and they'll be recasting. The MCU Spider-Man will be a new Peter Parker.

Sorry, what I meant was that Sony wouldn't have to do the reboot to save Spider-Man...I figured it was a reboot but that Marvel/Disney would be producing it while Sony just raked in the rewards.

ETA: So now, after I've woken up I might have misunderstood.  I basically thought Sony was keeping the rites/money end of it, while lending Spider-Man back to Marvel/Disney to produce the movies.  So more like a silent partner, with Marvel actually making the picture.  Now, I'm not sure.  Sounds like Spidey is going to be part of the MCU and there will be story connection and it will be slotted into Phase 3 but Sony will actually co-produce the next movie with Marvel Studios and perhaps Marvel will have a greater say over script/story?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I can't bring myself to care about yet another Spiderman reboot. I do care that it is pushing back movies I am interested in, like Captain Marvel and Black Panther. No big deal though, another few months waiting for those two movies isn't that bad, I guess.

I got the impression both sides were more or less getting what they wanted. Marvel gets to use Spidey in at least one of their movies while Sony gets to make another one but only with a new actor.

8 Reasons Why Spider-Man Joining The Avengers Is A Bad Idea (For Marvel)
Alex Leadbeater  FILM EDITOR
http://whatculture.com/film/8-reasons-why-spider-man-joining-the-avengers-is-a-bad-idea-for-marvel.php

10 Big Mistakes That Forced Sony To Give Up On The Amazing Spider-Man
Tom Baker EDITORIAL TEAM
http://whatculture.com/film/10-big-mistakes-that-forced-sony-to-give-up-on-the-amazing-spider-man.php

11 Actors Who Should Play Spider-Man In Captain America: Civil War
Simon Gallagher  EXECUTIVE EDITOR
http://whatculture.com/film/10-actors-who-should-play-spider-man-in-civil-war.php

I wasnt a big fan of the last movie, I really enjoy Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Wish they would keep Andrew and though I prefer Gwen, Emma looks great as a red head.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I really liked Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, but on the other hand, the last movie wasn't all that great, and Gwen. :( I wasn't really looking forward to Mary Jane coming on in ASM3, especially if they kept Shailene Woodley.

So....all things considered I'm for it I think.

That said, I'm not sure how enthused I am for MCU Phase 3, particularly but not limited to Civil War (Captain Marvel being the only exception, and maybe Thor 3). I'm just not all that into the idea of all our heroes fighting each other. :( Or the prospect of Steve dying (speculation, not spoiler). And I'm just really not all that into the magic and mysticism side of the comics. *shrug*

Edited by Starfish35

I actually kind of liked AS2. The visuals were impressive and it was mostly fun. Yes, what happened to Gwen was depressing (which was the point) but it was overall a hell of a lot better than Spider-Man 3, not that that's saying much. My real issue was unlike Raimi's movies, I was not sold on Peter's relationship with Harry because he just showed up here and then Boom! was the Goblin. I didn't know the character enough to care. 

As for who the new Spidey should be, I guess it depends on whether they want to introduce him in Civil War or Avengers as a new or experienced hero. 

Cap dying and being replaced by Bucky or Sam or whoever, if they go that route, isn't anything I'd want to see. I would rather Evans keep playing the role for as long as it interests him THEN maybe find someone else to wear the suit.

I'll be curious to see how they work Dr. Strange into the MCU, since most of the movies (Thor in particular) went out of their way to dismiss the idea of magic as science we don't understand yet. Even Loki and Frigga's illusions could be handwaved as psionic in nature.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1
Cap dying and being replaced by Bucky or Sam or whoever, if they go that route, isn't anything I'd want to see. I would rather Evans keep playing the role for as long as it interests him THEN maybe find someone else to wear the suit.

That is one of the reasons behind the speculation.  From what I understand Evans wants to quit acting after his Marvel Contract is up.

I have very mixed thoughts on the new Spiderman. On the one hand, I am all about more of Marvels properties reverting back to Marvel. I`m much happier with the movies becoming more like the comics, then the comics becoming more like the movies. Everything going on in Marvels comic world, with all of the cancellations, retcons, and hand waving, has been really pissing me off.

But, even though I love the idea of Spiderman in the MCU, I wish it wouldn't mean another reboot. I really like Andrew Garfield, and its WAY too soon for a new Spiderman. I just don't feel like we are going to want to see yet another Spiderman origin story.

I am actually really pumped for Doctor Strange. I get annoyed every time they try to handwave the magic in Thor by saying how its probably alien technology or something. Bring on the magic side of the Marvel verse! Your in a comic book world, just commit to it!   

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the worst example of dumb writers slavishly binding themselves to comic book canon, despite every sensible reason not to. They deserved every bit of flack that movie got, and it serves them right that they're faced with a reboot rather than a second sequel. I feel sorry for Andrew Garfield, because I thought he was a good Spider-Man.

However, I have no interest in seeing Spidey in the Avengers movies. Because he's only a johnny-come-lately Avenger anyway. He was never on the team until Bendis wanted him and Wolverine (another character I would happily never see again) as the star power so he could stick his pet character, Luke Cage, on the team. Spidey is the quintessential solo superhero. A nice guy who gets on well with most other heroes, but ultimately does his own thing.

The new issue TV Guide out in print has a spoiler about Agents of SHIELD -

Lady Sif is coming back in an upcoming episode: she returns to Earth on an undercover mission, has a body-slamming showdown with a foe who has superpowers equal to hers, and she loses her short-term memory.  She remembers she's Asgardian and has her childhood memories, but she doesn't remember Thor or her king or her foe.  There's also a pic of her and, no surprise, she's dressed all in black.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the worst example of dumb writers slavishly binding themselves to comic book canon, despite every sensible reason not to. They deserved every bit of flack that movie got, and it serves them right that they're faced with a reboot rather than a second sequel. I feel sorry for Andrew Garfield, because I thought he was a good Spider-Man.

Yeah, I've read over and over that ASM2 shot themselves in the foot by going ahead and killing Gwen. Emma stone was as big a draw to those movies as Garfield, plus killing her was intensely not surprising or interesting. Myself, I actually didn't see the movie specifically because I knew they were going to kill her. It was like, what's the point? I almost skipped the first movie for that reason.

OMG, I can't wait to see what JustSomeRandomGuy does with this news on YouTube. Iron Man is totally going to spike Spidey's milkshake.

HA!  I just binged on old Random Guy videos in anticipation of what he will put out now that Spidey's part of the big team up.

I'm watching The Flash repeat all of the same mistakes that were made on Arrow, and I'm just shaking my head.  I have like zero investment in The Flash, so I DGAF how this all shakes out, but this is just kind of crazy.  That being said, I'd still like to trade MG for AK, because at least we might get two seconds of happiness over here on Arrow. 

• Love 3

Agents of SHIELD showed a promo for the women of Shield kicking ass during an airing of Agent Peggy Carter kicking ass. DC can't really do a promo like that since their women are mostly defined by men and they killed off most of their badass women (Shado, Moira, Sara). 

While SHIELD does have lots of other issues, women only being defined as Love Interests is not one of them. Not a single women on Shield or Agent Carter are defined by a man, in fact they don't even really have love interests. Except for maybe Mockingbird and whatisface (who you can tell by me not remembering his name is the bland one in that relationship). And there are SkyeWard shippers who I will not comment on. 

• Love 1

I'm watching The Flash repeat all of the same mistakes that were made on Arrow, and I'm just shaking my head.  I have like zero investment in The Flash, so I DGAF how this all shakes out, but this is just kind of crazy.  That being said, I'd still like to trade MG for AK, because at least we might get two seconds of happiness over here on Arrow. 

I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to Flash last night, but that conversation between Iris and Linda made my raise an eyebrow. It was like Laurel and Helena all over. I like Iris, but they are heading down a familar path with her and she deserves better than that. They need to bring her in on the secret NOW.

ETA: Marvel has the best action women on television right now. Peggy Carter is amazing.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1
DC can't really do a promo like that since their women are mostly defined by men and they killed off most of their badass women (Shado, Moira, Sara).

Or their ability to take care of themselves is dependent on the man's character growth (see: Shado being a better fighter than Oliver for the most part but STILL needing him to rescue her.) If this show screws up Tatsu, I can't be held responsible for my actions.

I miss Shado.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 2

Do you all really think they will cast Steven R. McQueen (TVD's Jeremy) as Nightwing in Titans? I feel mean because I know he really wants it, but I really hope not. I'm just a little suspicious because he's (TVD spoiler)

being written out of TVD in the middle of the season. Apparently this week is his last episode.

Edited by Starfish35