Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, tofutan said:

BTW there's a tumblr that claims to know somebody who knows people behind the scenes and that the actors knew and various actors did speak out about it and were punished by Kreisberg and Berlanti for it. Claims Berlanti was absolutely in the know. No idea if they are credible. 

This whole thing, along with the Allison Mack cult thing from last week, makes me ill.   Whoever was involved or knew or not, it's just all sickening.  I just want to find a good sturdy rock to crawl under. :(  Not that it's about me, but wow.  Ugh.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tofutan said:

BTW there's a tumblr that claims to know somebody who knows people behind the scenes and that the actors knew and various actors did speak out about it and were punished by Kreisberg and Berlanti for it. Claims Berlanti was absolutely in the know. No idea if they are credible. 

Usually when the source is someone who knows someone it's best to take what they say with a huge grain of salt. 

• Love 3

That's a good point. There have been fake rumors floating around (I remember somebody claiming they were a CW intern on twitter and that they knew for sure that Chris Wood wouldn't be back for season 3 of Supergirl) before. 

And even if that person really knows a person, it is their "third hand" account of somebody's second hand account. They might have gotten things wrong their friend told them or added their own speculation and their friend might not know everything either and just have heard stories. 

I do wonder if the description of them shuttling back and forth is true. It is noteworthy that the same tumblr claimed on October 17th that there might be a Christmas episode. So if one appears then tha would point towards them being legit. 

Set interviews with BR (references EBR/Felicity twice!) and Amy Louise Pemberton ("Gideon" has interaction with Oliver!)...

Brandon Routh | DCs Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 on Set
Published on Nov 12, 2017, by KSiteTV

-- When asked if Ray and Zari's relationship will evolve, BR: "Uh, you know, Ray and Zari are good to put together because they're polar opposites as far as how they view the world and where they grew up. You know, her living in a dystopian future and Ray living in kind of an idyllic '80s Ivy Town. So, um, there's a lot of fun to play there... I don't know if they've both rubbed off on each other too much there yet, but it's fun. It's a little bit like - and they have the tech stuff, so we get to doing a little more tech banter... It's starting to remind me a little bit of some of the fun I had in Arrow working with Emily - working with Felicity - because it was all that fast talking tech stuff. So we get to have a little bit of that in our interaction, which I look forward to. It's been fun and I look forward to doing more."

-- When asked if there was anybody or anything that particularly excited him working with in the crossover, BR: "Um, it's always fun to work with, um, Emily. Uh, we never have - we never get enough to do together since our time on Arrow... I have a limited adventure in the crossover, but I do get to work with a few people that were - it was a good time. The best thing was - that we got to do was... it was a big gathering of everyone, um, in our world, on the Waverider, which was pretty awesome to have all those super heroes together. It was a really kind of unique, fun thing, which I think the audience will like as well... A few Legends were invited to the wedding. Ray was not invited to the wedding... which, I think, had less to do with Ray and more to do with having too many people at the wedding that they have to deal with and cover and give air time to... (Reporter asked where the super hero gathering was on the Waverider) The bridge.... We used to get upset about having 9 people - uh, 9 characters on the bridge and... how long it takes to shoot that. Um, but we're having 21 or whatever it was - it was pretty insane, but Greg Smith, who was our director for that episode, knew what he was doing, and it was actually pretty quick. You have to be, you have to have your ducks in a row, when you're doing crossovers because, you know, people have to go to three different shows. So.... 'we only have Melissa for two hours, we've got Grant for an hour, and we've got Stephen for 30 seconds.' So, gotta get the shot."

Legends of Tomorrow: What Does Gideon Look Like In Real Life?
Published on Nov 12, 2017, by KSiteTV

-- When asked if Gideon has something to do in the crossover, Amy Louise Pemberton: "Yes, yeah, she does have something to do - not in this, but yeah... Because it's so busy - everyone's on it - um, it's phenomenal, the episode's phenomenal, actually, the crossover this year. She's in and out of it. It's mainly them... I have a little more than the last crossover. Um, she's in there having a crack at some people."

-- When asked if she interacts with any of the superheroes from the other shows in the crossover, ALP: "Yeah, a couple of them, yeah. Oliver Queen. Um, that's pretty much it in the crossover for me of who I interacted with. Yeah, there's a few moments with him that are really nice and really fun." On what Oliver thinks of Gideon, ALP: "I don't think he likes Gideon that much."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, tofutan said:

Give them some time till the Saturngirl/Mon-El/Kara/Brainiac 5 quadrangle from hell starts on Supergirl, I bet they'll make "boring" Westallen look like heaven by comparison. 

If this is true add it to reasons why I need to shower for a month and also debate whether I want to keep watching Arrow. The idea the cast used their celebrity to hush up victims is disgusting. 

I don’t know if that post is real or accurate but it seems more likely to me Berlanti knew or suspected something than he was completely unaware. They’ve worked together for many years and we aren’t talking about one incident but a pattern of behavior that made his writing stuff and crew (I imagine actors too even if they aren’t mentioned in the article) feel unsafe.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don’t know if that post is real or accurate but it seems more likely to me Berlanti knew or suspected something than he was completely unaware. They’ve worked together for many years and we aren’t talking about one incident but a pattern of behavior that made his writing stuff and crew (I imagine actors too even if they aren’t mentioned in the article) feel unsafe.

Yep I respect Carina Mackensie coming out and confirming that Andrew was every bit what he was being accused of but her statement that Andrews behavior doesn't reflect on Greg still doesn't sit well for me. Because he either knew and didn't do anything about it or he's guilty of not fostering an environment where his staff feel safe to come and tell him about these things or guilty of not spending enough time within his workplaces to be able to see what kind of environment he's in charge of. So I don't think Andrews behavior is a reflection on who Berlanti is as a person, I'm sure he is as great as Carina says he is. But I do think Andrews behavior reflects on who Berlanti is as a leader. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yep I respect Carina Mackensie coming out and confirming that Andrew was every bit what he was being accused of but her statement that Andrews behavior doesn't reflect on Greg still doesn't sit well for me. Because he either knew and didn't do anything about it or he's guilty of not fostering an environment where his staff feel safe to come and tell him about these things or guilty of not spending enough time within his workplaces to be able to see what kind of environment he's in charge of. So I don't think Andrews behavior is a reflection on who Berlanti is as a person, I'm sure he is as great as Carina says he is. But I do think Andrews behavior reflects on who Berlanti is as a leader. 

I’m sure he was great to her, I don’t doubt that and I’m glad she found someone supportive when she needed it but I just don’t buy he was unaware. I think dealing with it would have caused a big mess for them all so people that could have done something looked the other way. Berlanti is also friends with Colton and Carina for example..he must speak to the other producers from time to time, he wrote episodes with AK and others a while ago so I don’t buy that no one at least made a comment about AK’s behavior in his presence. I’m not saying it’s impossible but I find it so improbable. Also when 20 women decline directing for them and comments about their workplace being toxic were made publicly by people like Lexi that worked for them if you don’t wonder what’s up imo it’s because you prefer not knowing. 

• Love 8

From the tumblr post:qa

Also staff is constantly shuttled back and forth between production office and the set and they were the main targets of AJK and his bullshit. They told the cast about what he does. Hell, the crew between the four shows have told fans who come to set regularly about AJK.

If the fans who come to set know, then that paps would know. Have they commented on it?

Your favorite cast members knew as well. Some of them tried to say something, to do something. Kreisberg and Berlanti’s response was punishment via the writing. Some of your favorite cast members were threatened with arcs that would make the fans hate them, with threats of being killed off and having no career after Kreisberg, Berlanti and Co contacted other producers to let them know how terrible and difficult they were. Some of the cast were victims to these very comments. They were told to just accept that’s how Hollywood is

I think writing a favourite character an arc to make the audience hate them is shooting yourself as a producer in the foot but I can see how it might work for marginal characters like James on Supergirl.

But even with Berlanti's power, would Jesse Martin or Tom Cavanaugh be affected?

Would you really see Tom Cavanaugh as the kind of person who was negatively affected by the writers? It seems to me that the show is bending over to come up with new reasons for Wells to stay and have something new to act as every season. 

Have they commented on it?

pursuit23 retweeted it and just made a comment that they should just stop the shows altogether and then got into a fight with a fan about why he wants people to be out of work and said there are tons of shows that are understaffed and it would be easy for everybody to get work. 

He also made this comment to somebody who was arguing with him about why on earth would he want to shows to be suspended too: 

He then says he wasn't really surprised, but I don't see that as a clear indicator, it could just be his general sacasm/world wearyness: 

He then went on to say: 

Candagraphs seemed to be thinking the story was believable, but based on the article, it didn't sound like they were talking from personal history too: 
Edited by tofutan
9 hours ago, tofutan said:

Give them some time till the Saturngirl/Mon-El/Kara/Brainiac 5 quadrangle from hell starts on Supergirl, I bet they'll make "boring" Westallen look like heaven by comparison. 

I think there were already an audition on Vimeo (that has since been taken down) by that time pointing at a Christmas episode. 

I don't think they should or will shut down all four shows for good over this, at least if there isn't a lot of even worse revelations to come, that's half the CWs line up right there but it definitely seems like there needs to be a drastic change of culture BTS.  

• Love 1

One of the reasons people are reluctant to come out about harassment is that if the production does get shut down, they will be held responsible for a lot of people losing their jobs. Ken saying that all four productions should be shut down is just stupid though; if he doesn't want to have to deal with the shows, just ignore them.

If Canadagraphs hadn't heard about it, it's doubtful that fans who come out for external shoots would have.

37 minutes ago, tofutan said:

Would you really see Tom Cavanaugh as the kind of person who was negatively affected by the writers? It seems to me that the show is bending over to come up with new reasons for Wells to stay and have something new to act as every season. 

Berlanti is pretty powerful right now, not Weinstein powerful but he does have a bunch of shows on over multiple channels.  Tom Cavanaugh might be affected but I can't see that Jesse Martin would be.

I can see Pedowitz looking the other way because with Supernatural, the Arrowverse shows are the main legs of the CW and he wouldn't want that messed with.  I'm disappointed in Berlanti though.

Well it's interesting. I don't think the CW would shut down or suspend 4 of their biggest shows but having said that BBC did suspend their upcoming Christmas mini series starring Ed  Westwick given his two rape allegations and are rumoured to be considering cancelling his other series White Gold. 

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah the shows don't really need to be shut down, if anything CW needs to put them through some sexual harassment classes for employees or something during winter/summer hiatus and just make sure that set/bts life is healthy.

Sexual harassment classes should have already happened and is really the bare minimum of responses. I'd hope they'd do a hell of a lot more then that.

Edited by LeighAn
1 hour ago, Xander said:

I think there were already an audition on Vimeo (that has since been taken down) by that time pointing at a Christmas episode. 

What was it about/do you remember maybe roughly the date? 

That tumblr said about it on October 17th: 

my inside sources on supergirl just gave me the lowdown on the christmas episode idea and i’m out. it’s cursed. supergirl is canceled lol.

(on the off chance that that isn't clear, he means that in the metaphorical sense, based on his other comments he's a big fan of James and Lena)

Edited by tofutan
30 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

if anything CW needs to put them through some sexual harassment classes for employees or something during winter/summer hiatus and just make sure that set/bts life is healthy.

What really sucks is it sounds like some people did the appropriate thing and reported the behavior to their superiors and/or HR, but as I've recently learned, HR typically protects the company, not the employees. It's great to have harassment guidelines, but if no one follows them, people still go unprotected. I guess pre-Weinstein it was worth it for the company to make these things go away (see that writer's account of WB's HR gleefully talking about winning a lawsuit.) In the current climate, protecting the harasser is forking finally frowned upon. It's so frustrating.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, tofutan said:

What was it about/do you remember maybe roughly the date? 

That tumblr said about it on October 17th: 

Okay, my bad. The deleted video is of the Brainiac (?) audition. This is the video referencing Christmas. It says "4 weeks ago" without a date. 

I just did a Twitter search and someone tagged the show about a Christmas episode on October 14th but it seems there was a confirmation of some sort on October 16th as other people commented on it. 

Re: Sexual harassment. 

People shouldn't lose their jobs because an executive is a sexual harasser. The man should be fired and they should take measures to create an environment where victims don't feel helpless and such problems are handled swiftly.  It appears that House of Cards isn't dead yet and I hope they kill off the character and not have their decision affect innocent parties, including those who might have been his victims. 

Edited by Xander

So, I'm confused, if Christmas is already 4 weeks over by 3x09, what exactly would be the Christmas episode? 3x07 would be a tad bit early and 3x08 is the crossover. I also thought Brainiac5's first episode would be 3x10 and not 3x09?

I just did a Twitter search and someone tagged the show about a Christmas episode on October 14th but it seems there was a confirmation of some sort on October 16th as other people commented on it. 

Any chance you could link it? 

How is the victims that came forward as well as other cast and crew members losing their jobs going to help anyone? Kriesburg is the one that should lose his job and whatever deal he has with Berlanti and the network. The power abusing men are the ones that should face the consequences. 

I'm glad that the women and men have found the support from others speaking up to speak up too. 

• Love 6

Well pursuit23 is kind of a pretty over the topc cynical guy. And he doesn't have the highest opinion on I think either the current Supergirl or Flash season. Or maybe he really does think tha the problem is still super rampant and there's still other culpable people around? 

I can also see some logic into taking down projects  like they did with Ed Westwick/Lois CK and Spacey. Since that is the main way to show the higher ups that it will actually hurt if they cast gross people. 

Anyway, statement from Melissa Benoist: 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, tofutan said:

So, I'm confused, if Christmas is already 4 weeks over by 3x09, what exactly would be the Christmas episode? 3x07 would be a tad bit early and 3x08 is the crossover. I also thought Brainiac5's first episode would be 3x10 and not 3x09?

Any chance you could link it? 

3x09 is the Christmas episode. I am not certain what episode the deleted video was an audition for but the dialogue and mannerisms made many people think it was for Brainiac 5. It could be for the 3x10 episode. 

Edit:

"4 weeks ago" is when the video was posted.  It appears Vimeo doesn't provide specific dates (or I can't find it). 

Edited by Xander
10 minutes ago, Xander said:

3x09 is the Christmas episode. I am not certain what episode the deleted video was an audition for but the dialogue and mannerisms made many people think it was for Brainiac 5. It could be for the 3x10 episode. 

Edit:

"4 weeks ago" is when the video was posted.  It appears Vimeo doesn't provide specific dates (or I can't find it). 

Ah, thanks for the info, cool find. I think you can get the day by hovering over it. It says October 15th for me. Was it the same actor doing the Brainiac audition or was that somebody else?

Edited by tofutan
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

LOL about the CW wanting to woo back female viewers with shows like Valor and Dynasty.  Let's see how they handle this.

Exactly, and they have two female lead driven shows in the words with the Supernatural and Riverdale spin-off's Wayward Sisters and Sabrina. 

45 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, I think if the actors, especially the leads, come under fire that might definitely change things.

If Stephen or Grant were under fire, then I could see the show's straight up being axed. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, tofutan said:

Ah, thanks for the info, cool find. I think you can get the day by hovering over it. It says October 15th for me. Was it the same actor doing the Brainiac audition or was that somebody else?

Thanks! I've learned something today. :D

It was a different actor. The character was a big fan of (or perhaps had a crush on) the person they were talking to which led many to think it was Brainiac 5 talking to Kara. 

6 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

If Stephen or Grant were under fire, then I could see the show's straight up being axed. 

I agree. 

I see that Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh and Emily Bett Rickards have spoken up tonight. It'd be nice to see the male stars do so as well.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I agree. 

I see that Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh and Emily Bett Rickards have spoken up tonight. It'd be nice to see the male stars do so as well.

I just read Emily's statement. She straight up called her boss out by referencing "reverse sexism." 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I agree. 

Yep, hopefully the male stars do so too. Interested to see what Calista flockhart says, since she has a long working relationship with Berlanti going back before arrow on other shows or Lynda Carter and some of the much older actresses who have experience in the industry for a long time.

2 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I know. That was awesome.

That's so amazing!!!

From yesterday's LoT panel (BR, MRS) at Fan Expo Vancouver...

Fan Expo Vancouver 2017: Legends of Tomorrow cast on the 4-way crossover
Published on Nov 12, 2017, by Pop Goes the World

-- Mod asked about this year's big crossover. BR: "It's four hours, not just three, so -" MRS: "And it ends on Legends, so we get the big fight. We get all the good stuff."

-- Mod said that that he heard it will be quite emotional for all the shows. BR: "Yeah, there are relationships that are heavily affected, in many ways."

Legends Of Tomorrow's BRANDON ROUTH & MAISIE RICHARDSON-SELLERS - Fan Expo Vancouver 2017 - Panel
Published on Nov 13, 2017, by Angelika Diana

-- BR said that when Ray Palmer was first introduced on Arrow, he was supposed to be "ego first, businessman second," someone who thinks he knows more than everyone else, and a bit of a jerk. However, BR "gently eased" his character into someone who was someone who was just very excited about tech and stuff.

-- Fan asked what cast members on other Arrowverse shows did they find instant chemistry with, on screen or off screen, and became instant friends with. MSR: "I loved working with Emily Bett and Carlos. Like, they were fantastic. And again, talk about improv. They were just on fire the whole time. So having them both from Arrow and from Flash come to our show last year and working with them again was such a pleasure. It's lovely to change the energy up during the crossovers."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Teases for the Crossover. Nothing too much. Seems like the Supergirl episode opens with showing all of the heroes fighting different things before getting ready for the wedding, Oliver gives Barry advice, the tech from Arrow, Flash, and LoT work together, and Nazis are bad.

• Love 2