Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think they base these ratings on fan and critic review sites like IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as well as other critical reviews. It's mostly a percentage of fans. On IMDB Swan Song has the highest percentage of viewers and critics votes. Same on RT. 

My personal favorite wavers between Baby and Nightshifter.

I think I saw the article and it was based on reviews and comments on Reddit.  I have a feeling the vote was done quite a while ago.

I still love Faith, because of the way it developed the characters when we still knew nothing much about them; in particular, it let us see the more serious, hidden inner side of Dean with all the snarkiness stripped away.  But I do think Nightshifter was one of the best-written episodes of the series.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
On 10/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, Frost said:

Swan Song” is unanimously considered to be the best episode in Supernatural’s entire run, bringing the Winchester brothers’ conflict with Lucifer to a close. Redditor Boldrini22 writes that the “finale of the season 5 was beautiful,” making reference to how the power of love overcame the devil’s hate.

Ha Ha Ha, if you just look on here at the comments, it will show quickly that nope it isn't unanimously considered being the best.  The argument that did Dean helped Sam win is also argued, constantly. 

Faith and Nightshifter are both higher for me than season 5 finale.  I don't put much stock in Reddit.  Maybe it is the twitter crowd that feels this way but again... I don't pay attention to twitter anymore.  Faith has 8.8 Nightshifter is 8.9 and Swan Song is 9.7 on IMBD.  So perhaps it is the IMBD ratings.  Now do I agree...Hell NO!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Season 2 will always be my favorite season with season 10 as a close second because of the MOC arc. Season 5 isn't terrible (like season 4 IMO ), but I don't consider it to be the best. It's most redeeming quality is the introduction of Crowley. 

Going with the quality of writing Season 2 is almost perfect. It felt that the writers were doing their job with care. Also, there were 2 my all-time favorite episodes -- WIAWSNB and IMTOD. And such wonderful episodes like CSPWDT, Crossroad Blues, Nightshifter, Roadkill, etc. But they had the strongest writers/producers team at the time -- Raelle Tucker, Ben Edlund, John Shiban, Kim Manners. 

Edited by Nick24
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
On 10/14/2022 at 6:18 PM, Nick24 said:

Indeed! I've read so many praising for Season 5, calling it the best season ever, incl. that garbage of 5.22. TBH, I'm shocked at how so many people are that blind about that season. I mean, first, Mr Kripke&Co. were running over their precious canon during S5, weren't they? Retcons, retcons and retcons. Then they completely destroyed Season 4 and all the set-ups in both S4 and S5. These are the facts, whether they like it or not. I'm really pissed, too.

It's been a while but, I remember enjoying S5 until the final episode. That felt too much like it was about Kripke and not Sam/Dean. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's been a while but, I remember enjoying S5 until the final episode. That felt too much like it was about Kripke and not Sam/Dean. 

I think Kripkes plan was to throw both brothers into the pit. He was pretty much done with the show, the fans and the network at that point.

40 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think Kripkes plan was to throw both brothers into the pit. He was pretty much done with the show, the fans and the network at that point.

I don't know if he was "done" with them, but he did have a 5-year plan which had a definite ending.  The renewal (and therefore change in the ending) was handed over to others.  

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I don't know if he was "done" with them, but he did have a 5-year plan which had a definite ending.  The renewal (and therefore change in the ending) was handed over to others.  

The writers strike altered what he originally had in mind. The whole Michael/Lucifer showdown wasn't his original plan but he went with it.  Both brothers were still supposed to die but then S6 came along early in S5 so at least one of them needed to live to in order to carry on.

He did say he didn't have another thing to write about the series after Swan Song. And the fan backlash was something he just didn't care to deal with anymore. About halfway into S6 he stepped back in to write the finale. Fans weren't happy with Sera's vision either and it only got worse in S7.  Kripke was glad to be done with the series after that. He had other projects in mind.

• Like 2

Alec Baldwin is now suing a bunch of people on the Rust crew.  How are they going to finish this movie?  And how on earth can they market it?  As much as I'd love to see Jensen Ackles in a western, the unpleasant associations with this film make it very unlikely I'll watch it.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Frost said:

Alec Baldwin is now suing a bunch of people on the Rust crew.  How are they going to finish this movie?  And how on earth can they market it?  As much as I'd love to see Jensen Ackles in a western, the unpleasant associations with this film make it very unlikely I'll watch it.

There are lawsuits flying all over the place from the film crew. He is probably counter suing for the live round.  Has the investigation from LE even concluded? I can't see how they are going to get filming started again by January.

Alec Baldwin thinks the lawsuit will clear his name...that's a laugh.  How anyone can believe he didn't pull the trigger...

I wish Jensen can avoid the negative press on this.  Not sure that he can.  Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him in a western.

January may be wishful thinking to get the filming started again.  It's amazing how slow the conclusions are taking on this project.

• Sad 2
16 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Alec Baldwin thinks the lawsuit will clear his name...that's a laugh.  How anyone can believe he didn't pull the trigger...

I wish Jensen can avoid the negative press on this.  Not sure that he can.  Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him in a western.

January may be wishful thinking to get the filming started again.  It's amazing how slow the conclusions are taking on this project.

Apparently, there was a third person that was hit by the bullet. He/she is also suing.

17 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Actors pull triggers all the time.  That's part of their job, following director's orders of where and when.  They're supposed to be able to trust the armorer and whoever is in charge of safety that the weapon is safe, which is why the majority of the blame is being put on them. 

Where Baldwin gets in trouble is as producer, who is responsible (more or less) for everything on set, including hiring the people who supposedly screwed up, and overseeing safety (which apparently was pretty lax).  I think he might be desperately trying to prove he didn't pull the trigger more out of personal feelings of guilt (who wants to be responsible for killing a friend, even accidentally?) as well as saying it was the gun that was defective (even though there should never have been live rounds in it anyway.)  So being exonerated for pulling the trigger might help keep his acting career, though I think not many will bankroll him to produce for a long, long time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Actors pull triggers all the time.  That's part of their job, following director's orders of where and when.  They're supposed to be able to trust the armorer and whoever is in charge of safety that the weapon is safe, which is why the majority of the blame is being put on them. 

Just as a Teacher/ director, even I know you don't point a prop gun at a person ever.  I didn't think negative of Alec until I heard him speak.  Saying he didn't feel guilty totally took any sympathy I felt for him away. 

By the way, I would check the gun and I've never used a prop gun on set.  All of my guns were toy guns, or a gun without any ammo.  Later we went to water pistols.  I only used sound effects for gun effects.  Kids and prop guns would not be a good mix.

I expect more from a trained Hollywood movie actor.  I wouldn't hire Alec now because he only blames others instead of taking responsibility for what he's done.  

It does sound like he didn't do his producer job correctly, by hiring inexperienced people.  Trying to cut corners made an unsafe set.

Luckily, Jensen is the type that will keep his mouth shut, so hopefully it won't create any negative backlash for him.

• Like 1

Holidaying in the United States, I found a channel named ‘TNT’ that runs episodes (seemingly all morning long).  I just want new viewers of this series to be aware that the episodes are cut to shreds and you’re not getting the real deal.  Amazon Prime offers the series in it’s entirety. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Holidaying in the United States, I found a channel named ‘TNT’ that runs episodes (seemingly all morning long).  I just want new viewers of this series to be aware that the episodes are cut to shreds and you’re not getting the real deal.  Amazon Prime offers the series in it’s entirety. 

I watch it every morning it airs on TNT. Yes it's true the episodes are pretty butchered.  I get it on Netflix if I want to watch commercial free.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 2

Very sorry to hear about Nicki. She was a wonderful actress, beautiful and extremely charismatic. The first 4 seasons of the show were my favorite of SPN, by a long shot, but that first season within them was very special in its own right. Nicki was a big reason why. Meg the demon was pure evil, yet when we saw the "real" Meg, our hearts broke for her because Nicki was so good at playing her pain and horror. If this genre had more respect within the industry I think she would have gotten more recognition. I'm glad she is now at peace.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Jensen and Steve are going to be performing Saturday night on Stageit. I can't get the tweet to imbed but the info is probably out there somewhere.

Ah...Jensen explains it on his instagram that also won't imbed 😠

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

It doesn't look like the movie Rust is going to be completed. Baldwin and the armorer have both been charged with involuntary man slaughter.

I have no idea if it will be or won't be, but the charges aren't an automatic deal breaker.  Ezra Miller faced multiple charges and the WB actually still went ahead with them doing limited press and they (Ezra) took a plea and will apparently remain as an actor. 

Trials and appeals can take years.

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I have no idea if it will be or won't be, but the charges aren't an automatic deal breaker.  Ezra Miller faced multiple charges and the WB actually still went ahead with them doing limited press and they (Ezra) took a plea and will apparently remain as an actor. 

Trials and appeals can take years.

Ezra Miller didn't kill anyone.

I just can't see how they are going to go forward with the producer and lead actor embroiled in litigation.  Apparently  multiple allegations of lack of safety on the set are among the charges.

Edited by Casseiopeia
37 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Ezra Miller didn't kill anyone.

I just can't see how they are going to go forward with the producer and lead actor embroiled in litigation.  Apparently  multiple allegations of lack of safety on the set are among the charges.

A quote I saw said he wasn't (or shouldn't be) charged as an actor, but as the producer (who was supposed to be overseeing the safety on the set.)  So in theory, if they replace him as producer (Hutchins' husband has already been added as executive producer) then it could, in theory, continue. I think all the money was already in place before the accident, so unless the distributors or backers pull out, it could go on.  And, horrible as it may seem, I'd guess all the publicity would jumpstart interest in seeing what was basically a low-budget western, putting it as Halyna's final show, especially with all the talk of how wonderful her work was.  It would be a good tribute to her, and probably the show and cast would be overshadowed.  

Edited by ahrtee
On 1/19/2023 at 12:41 PM, ahrtee said:

A quote I saw said he wasn't (or shouldn't be) charged as an actor, but as the producer (who was supposed to be overseeing the safety on the set.)

He was charged as both, but the more serious charge was as Producer.

10 minutes ago, roamyn said:

He was charged as both, but the more serious charge was as Producer.

I saw that, and most things I read seemed surprised about the charge as actor.  I think SAG and actor groups will make a fuss, if it's setting a precedent putting that kind of responsibility on the actors.  

35 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I saw that, and most things I read seemed surprised about the charge as actor.  I think SAG and actor groups will make a fuss, if it's setting a precedent putting that kind of responsibility on the actors.  

As they should! When an actor is given a gun, told it's "cold", how can that person be held responsible for a live bullet inside the supposed safe gun? Frankly, this whole situation is a mess. There should have been NO LIVE AMMUNITION on the set. Period!

• Like 1