Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Lots of irons in the fire, for sure, and I  don't think shooting scedules have been announced for anything yet, have they?

As The Boys and Big Sky are very much ensemble shows and both filmed in Canada (although like 3,000 km  apart), I guess it could be done.  

Jensen could never be described as lazy. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

Big Sky is filmed in New Mexico now(since Season 2), which ironically is actually closer to Toronto than Vancouver is. :)

Oh didn’t know that.  Crazy that New Mexico is closer.  I’m a lass from the tiny UK and the absolute vastness of North America always amazes me.

I saw bits of Dean’s easy going charm, charisma and confidence… but not the inner despair and tragedy Dean always carried with him.

And SoldierBoy is just unadulterated brutality let loose from the looks of it.

Jensen’s got talent.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Oh didn’t know that.  Crazy that New Mexico is closer.  I’m a lass from the tiny UK and the absolute vastness of North America always amazes me.

Vancouver and Toronto are about 2700 miles apart.

New Mexico and Toronto are about 1800 miles apart

New Mexico and Vancouver are between 1650 miles apart.

That of course means I'm using the closest part of New Mexico to each city

• Love 1

I think when I did it I just used Albuquerque as the NM starting point but even the farthest part of NW is going to be closer than Vancouver so either way, I did think it was funny.

But now that I think of it I think I've since heard they film near Rio Rancho, NM so I just put that in and it's still about 1800(1811) miles between there and Toronto so it averages out about the same.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Rough night guys???

I know Jensen, Karl and Jack but is the 4th guy Antony Starr? I feel like it is but he looks so different from Homelander that I never can tell.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I know Jensen, Karl and Jack but is the 4th guy Antony Starr? I feel like it is but he looks so different from Homelander that I never can tell.

Yeah, it's him. Guy is a chameleon. 

This is some kind of picture, especially in motion. Well done, EW. 

• Love 2

I think it's mainly because Homelander is clean shaven and has very blond hair and Antony has dark hair and sometimes, facial hair.  LOL Plus proving that Clark Kent COULD have disguised himself just by wearing glasses. :)

• Love 3

I read somewhere that stars are either paid or receive free the designer outfits they wear to events.  I don’t know if this is true for Jensen.  But he looked absolutely smashing in everything. 😍

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, General Days said:

Jared Padalecki has to bow out of the Supernatural convention in San Francisco (from July 8th to July 10th), due to a scheduling conflict.

A question for this weekends convention (Chicago?). I hope someone asks Jensen how the role on Big Sky came about. It seemed to come out of nowhere. One minute he had a guest starring role and the next was a series regular. Talk about keeping a secret! 

Of course this is the role I had always envisioned for Jensen after SPN.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Man, I hope Jensen expands on some of this at creation. I know he is getting a lot of interviews with all his projects, but he keeps escalating the reunion talk. Now he's saying he was just on vacation and Supernatural isn't "Done,done".

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

Man, I hope Jensen expands on some of this at creation. I know he is getting a lot of interviews with all his projects, but he keeps escalating the reunion talk. Now he's saying he was just on vacation and Supernatural isn't "Done,done".

It seems like Jensen loves SPN more than anyone else ever has. This is so admirable.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

Haha, I'll always wonder what the nature of that convo with Kripke was, when he was trying to come to terms with the finale. I'm starting to get the impression he came to terms with the ending by Kripke essentially telling him it didn't have to be the ending. 

• Love 6

While it was always inevitable that “scheduling conflicts” would happen after the show ended, I am curious as to what Jared is doing that he couldn’t have worked round it to give attendees a few hours.  Particularly given what Creation charges, there’ll be a lot of disappointed people in SFO.  I think it’s the third con he’s missed in the recent past.  Thank goodness for Jensen!

2 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

While it was always inevitable that “scheduling conflicts” would happen after the show ended, I am curious as to what Jared is doing that he couldn’t have worked round it to give attendees a few hours.  Particularly given what Creation charges, there’ll be a lot of disappointed people in SFO.  I think it’s the third con he’s missed in the recent past.  Thank goodness for Jensen!

I don’t know, has Walker wrapped shooting for the Season? I thought all CW had done so but I'm not on the up and up. If not that, I have no idea. It could be not a shooting schedule conflict but usually other stuff can be rescheduled more easily to fit pre-booked appearances. 

11 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Definitely NOT Dean.......LANGUAGE!!!!

When Jensen/Soldier Boy said ''Iced'', I couldn't stop laughing. IDK why, but that was so funny.

I am so impressed with Jensen's work with his characters' voices. You can clearly distinguish, when he's Dean, when he's Beau, when he's Soldier Boy just by his voice without seeing him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don’t know, has Walker wrapped shooting for the Season? I thought all CW had done so but I'm not on the up and up. If not that, I have no idea. It could be not a shooting schedule conflict but usually other stuff can be rescheduled more easily to fit pre-booked appearances. 

If filming is the issue it could be that either Walker and/or Independence might be starting for the next season. Supernatural usually started filming in late spring early summer.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

If filming is the issue it could be that either Walker and/or Independence might be starting for the next season. Supernatural usually started filming in late spring early summer.

I think CW shows are still "behind schedule" though because of the pandemic pushbacks since 2020. They used to wrap in March, early April. Now shooting goes to May so they start later on the new Seasons. Independence could start earlier but  as just a producer why would he need to be on set for that for a specific time? If actors or directors had a scheduling conflict for that, I could see it. But producing could be done via phone or vid calls and still easily make the Con.

5 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Unless they’re shooting some scenes early for Walker Season 3, to allow Odette Annable a longer maternity leave?  Just a guess.

He's the EP.  All he needs is a few hours on Sunday for his appearances, and SF is just a couple of hours (by plane) from Austin.  Maybe he has a role in something else where he isn't in charge and has to follow someone else's schedule?  (Or maybe he's moving on from SPN and doesn't want to answer more questions about it or the prequel?)

• Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ahrtee said:

(Or maybe he's moving on from SPN and doesn't want to answer more questions about it or the prequel?)

If so, we have much more chances for Dean solo show 😊

Edited by Nick24
52 minutes ago, Nick24 said:

If so, we have much more chances for Dean solo show 😊

Not if he's going to throw a hissy-fit because he's not included, even if he doesn't want to be.

7 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Not if he's going to throw a hissy-fit because he's not included, even if he doesn't want to be.

There are also all the autos and photos and M&G's for two days. It isn't just the two panels.

Honestly I don't why they want to do conventions at all. I wouldn't surprised if the Supernatural cons turned into mostly actors that don't have much else to do. Both J's are incredibly busy even if the money is pretty good for a few days work.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

That'd be very unprofessional and loathsome.

1 minute ago, Nick24 said:

That'd be very unprofessional and loathsome.

Like the hissy-fit he threw because he wasn't told about The Winchesters?  Or other reactions he had when things didn't go his way, not just in the show?  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Like the hissy-fit he threw because he wasn't told about The Winchesters?  

Oops, I forgot. Sorry. I guess, I want to believe that people can change and learn from their mistakes. 

6 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Or other reactions he had when things didn't go his way, not just in the show?  

You're scaring me.

11 minutes ago, Nick24 said:

Oops, I forgot. Sorry. I guess, I want to believe that people can change and learn from their mistakes. 

Besides, even if he didn't throw a hissy-fit, his fans would.  And vow to kill the show. *sigh*

34 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

There are also all the autos and photos and M&G's for two days. It isn't just the two panels.

Honestly I don't why they want to do conventions at all. I wouldn't surprised if the Supernatural cons turned into mostly actors that don't have much else to do. Both J's are incredibly busy even if the money is pretty good for a few days work.

I think all the Js' activities are on Sundays, except if Jensen decides to join the jam Saturday night.  A con could easily be done in one day, though tiring.  But yes, I imagine they'll be winding down the tours soon, just because they are so busy.  

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Besides, even if he didn't throw a hissy-fit, his fans would.  And vow to kill the show. *sigh*

I think all the Js' activities are on Sundays, except if Jensen decides to join the jam Saturday night.  A con could easily be done in one day, though tiring.  But yes, I imagine they'll be winding down the tours soon, just because they are so busy.  

They usually do atuos and photos with Misha on Saturdays and used to do M&G on Sat. I know that Jensen has been there both days for the last few cons.

I guess I don't get the whole convention thing years after a show ends. I mean how much of the og can they talk about now? Unless they are going to these cons to promote their projects that have nothing to do with Supernatural. If so what's the point and why then call it a SPN convention. Jensen is the only one that has a related show. Everyone else (including Jensen) is on to other projects now.

Edited by Casseiopeia
2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

They usually do atuos and photos with Misha on Saturdays and used to do M&G on Sat. I know that Jensen has been there both days for the last few cons.

I guess I don't get the whole convention thing years after a show ends. I mean how much of the og can they talk about now? Unless they are going to these cons to promote their projects that have nothing to do with Supernatural what's the point and why then call it a SPN convention. Jensen is the only one that has a related show. Everyone else (including Jensen) is on to other projects now.

The con I went to (and the ones I looked at to see schedules but didn't go to) all had J2 on Sunday only.  The upcoming SF con has Jensen and Misha photos on Sunday, and Jensen autos (only for Gold and Silver) also on Sunday, as well as the panels.  

I know that a lot of actors like continuing cons after the shows end, probably because it's not only a good source of income but yes, getting fan love.  I think if they didn't enjoy being with their fans, they wouldn't do cons, no matter what the pay.  But after a while, especially if the actors move on to other shows, the top stars stop coming (except for special occasions probably, like Star Trek 50th anniversary) and the cons are left with second-string and guest stars, who can talk about their experiences on the show.  (Full disclosure:  I went on several Star Trek cruises many years ago where the headliners were the kid from DS9, the doctor and Neelix from Voyager, and some special effects people.)  And yes, even years later they still talked about the show and their experiences there.  (And I still enjoyed it! 😊)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

The con I went to (and the ones I looked at to see schedules but didn't go to) all had J2 on Sunday only.  The upcoming SF con has Jensen and Misha photos on Sunday, and Jensen autos (only for Gold and Silver) also on Sunday, as well as the panels.  

I know that a lot of actors like continuing cons after the shows end, probably because it's not only a good source of income but yes, getting fan love.  I think if they didn't enjoy being with their fans, they wouldn't do cons, no matter what the pay.  But after a while, especially if the actors move on to other shows, the top stars stop coming (except for special occasions probably, like Star Trek 50th anniversary) and the cons are left with second-string and guest stars, who can talk about their experiences on the show.  (Full disclosure:  I went on several Star Trek cruises many years ago where the headliners were the kid from DS9, the doctor and Neelix from Voyager, and some special effects people.)  And yes, even years later they still talked about the show and their experiences there.  (And I still enjoyed it! 😊)

I get why fans go to cons; I guess it's just that the mainliner's for them are Jensen and yes Jared too.  How many more prank questions do they really want to answer? They really don't remember all the minutiae of the seires like the fans so their answers are getting more and more generic. And how many more times does Jensen want to be ambushed by Destiel questions?  IDK I guess other than money I can't see the point.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I get why fans go to cons; I guess it's just that the mainliner's for them are Jensen and yes Jared too.  How many more prank questions do they really want to answer? They really don't remember all the minutiae of the seires like the fans so their answers are getting more and more generic. And how many more times does Jensen want to be ambushed by Destiel questions?  IDK I guess other than money I can't see the point.

Yes, IA that it must be deadly tiring to keep answering (or avoiding) the same questions.  But I consider it like Galaxy Quest:  you can be jaded and worn out with playing the same character over and over, but sometimes you get to see how much those characters mean to others.  And that can be rewarding.    

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Creation is rebranding next year. They are turning it into a projects of J2M show. I think they are anticipating less availability and making it more attractive as a Promotional tool for their companies and bring in a wider draw if J2 can't make it for any reason.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

Yes, IA that it must be deadly tiring to keep answering (or avoiding) the same questions.  But I consider it like Galaxy Quest:  you can be jaded and worn out with playing the same character over and over, but sometimes you get to see how much those characters mean to others.  And that can be rewarding.    

So all they need to to is go to space and save the "termites", defeat General Roth h ar, call Brandon to get the schematics so they can get through the chompers and stop the ship from imploding make it back to earth and say....

c2a636299d3b40ac05d7cc5be290325c

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Has Jensen ever missed a con and Jared had to cover for him? Solo panel…

I know he missed panels with Jared last fall, and instead did a solo panel on Sat, due to Rust filming.  But I can’t recall him missing an entire weekend. At least recently.

12 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I guess I don't get the whole convention thing years after a show ends.

I don't get it either, but I think the reason they are having so many cons this past year and this year, is because so many were postponed during COVID, and they had already committed to appearing. I would guess they will taper off to 2 or 3 (or even less) a year for the Js if they continue to participate. 

Do they sign a contract for a certain number of Cons? Anyone know how that works?

15 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I get why fans go to cons; I guess it's just that the mainliner's for them are Jensen and yes Jared too.  How many more prank questions do they really want to answer?

I would not say that I am not interested in hearing stories about Supernatural any more. And sometimes, even after all these years, something new comes out about the show which I enjoy hearing. A recent example being how we just learned that when Mary told Dean, "You are not a child", that Dean's response -- "I never was" -- was in fact an ad lib by Jensen. I loved this SO much, because of the way that it showed how deeply Jensen understood the character of Dean and how he was willing to stand up for the character.

On the other hand, when I look back at previous cons, two of the moments that I loved the most in the last few years had nothing to do with Supernatural. There was the con where Jensen talked about his experiences as King Bacchus at Mardi Gras; I watched the video of that multiple times! And there was the con where he talked about filming "Rust" -- of course that experience ended tragically, but I still remember how much fun it was to hear him talk about it then.

Both of these were solo panels by Jensen, if I remember correctly. I would love to hear Jensen at a con now talking about and telling stories about The Boys, but I'm not sure that would even be possible in the current setup. And I'm sure that Jared's fans would like to hear him talk about Walker and other things he is doing. So I think they ought to try more solo panels, see if they can freshen things up. And broaden the focus to other projects, which apparently they are planning on trying.

Of course, since I am not the one buying tickets -- I only read about what happens at cons and enjoy the pictures and videos from them -- I guess maybe what I would prefer does not count for the con organizers. On the other hand, how are they going to know what people might be willing to spend money on if they never try anything new?

• Love 4