Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

On 12/12/2021 at 9:38 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Jensen had some really interesting comments in the main panel about the movie about 43 min in and no Jared is not a producer on the Winchesters.

Without me having to watch these panels (work is too busy ATM), anyone know of any interesting tidbits from Jensen, Jared, or Misha from the cons? Like about the finale, or about Rust, or Walker, or whatever the hell Misha is doing now (like what is he doing now), or about the SPN movie? Thanks in advance! :)

Happy Holidays!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Without me having to watch these panels (work is too busy ATM), anyone know of any interesting tidbits from Jensen, Jared, or Misha from the cons? Like about the finale, or about Rust, or Walker, or whatever the hell Misha is doing now (like what is he doing now), or about the SPN movie? Thanks in advance! :)

Happy Holidays!

Nothing new on the spinoff prequel projects but Jensen did talk about the movie and how pretty much everything being reported is completely false....and he was pretty angry about it. That subject was brought up because a fan asked about Jared being a producer on Chaos' The Winchesters (which was also not true) and how these types of rumors get started.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Can't wait for Radio Company's 3rd album.  

Do any of the late shows (not Kimmel/Fallon/Corden) still have great-but-relatively-unknown bands on anymore? How awesome would it be for Steve and Jensen to get that kind of exposure? I wish they had even a little ambition to promote their music outside of Instagram.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Do any of the late shows (not Kimmel/Fallon/Corden) still have great-but-relatively-unknown bands on anymore? How awesome would it be for Steve and Jensen to get that kind of exposure? I wish they had even a little ambition to promote their music outside of Instagram.

I agree. I love Jensen but I wish that he wouldn't be quite so humble all of the time.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well, in between producing, directing, acting (and running the Family Business) not to mention  family life with 3 kids, I imagine music may not be his first line of business; more like his fun/relaxation for his down time.  I can understand not wanting to add pressure to something he does for pleasure.  (One reason why, despite years of art training, I never wanted to try to earn a living at art:  it took away the joy when I had to create on demand to please someone else.)  Promotion is hard work.

ETA: Steve may see music as his day job, but he does need Jensen for name/fan recognition.

Edited by ahrtee
12 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Well, in between producing, directing, acting (and running the Family Business) not to mention  family life with 3 kids, I imagine music may not be his first line of business; more like his fun/relaxation for his down time.  I can understand not wanting to add pressure to something he does for pleasure.  (One reason why, despite years of art training, I never wanted to try to earn a living at art:  it took away the joy when I had to create on demand to please someone else.)  Promotion is hard work.

ETA: Steve may see music as his day job, but he does need Jensen for name/fan recognition.

Well, I realize it's not his 'day job', but they do seem to want to sell music and merchandise, and they were pretty excited to 'chart' on iTunes, etc., so I would call it slightly more than a hobby. Regardless, that doesn't change my wish to see them perform for a larger audience.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well, I realize it's not his 'day job', but they do seem to want to sell music and merchandise, and they were pretty excited to 'chart' on iTunes, etc., so I would call it slightly more than a hobby. Regardless, that doesn't change my wish to see them perform for a larger audience.

I wouldn't call it a hobby, either.  To me, it's more like something you do for yourself because you enjoy it,  not that you're trying to earn money and therefore must do things the way other people want. It's much more personal.  It doesn't mean you won't be thrilled that others like "your" stuff and want to buy it. 

And I don't mean they won't/shouldn't perform for larger audiences; to me, it's just that they don't feel obliged to do the PR and tiring (and often tiresome) promotion in order to get recognized.  And I think he deserves to take it easy and just do something he loves when and where he wants.  

JMO, of course.  I'm happy to see whatever he feels like sharing with us.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I would love to see Jensen on The Masked Singer.  It would be a great way to showcase his voice, and get buzz around his name.

Except for the fact he'd have to be within 100ft of Jenny McCarthy (ick), I agree! It's most definitely my guilty pleasure show, and he would KILL it with his voice and his moves. The trick is to watch with a 15-20 minute delay so you can ff through the judgery.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Except for the fact he'd have to be within 100ft of Jenny McCarthy (ick), I agree! It's most definitely my guilty pleasure show, and he would KILL it with his voice and his moves. The trick is to watch with a 15-20 minute delay so you can ff through the judgery.

When they first talked about The Bull this season and talked about how he was an instant charmer and natural born showman, my mind immediately jumped to Jensen.  But the rest of clues didn't fit, but I can do a good job of stretching them and making them.  lol

• Love 2
19 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX1X95cLG7s/

Jensen's Christmas post. If this isn't worth signing up for Instagram to see, then I don't know what is.

😍

(hint: this, in motion)

Screenshot 2021-12-23 131009.png

I don't know what's happening in that first clip, but I agree it does look like he lost a bet. And yet, the rest of us won BIG TIME!  LOL!

With all the bad happening right now, this IG post makes me bigly happy. Thank you, Ackles family, for putting a smile on my face.

Happy Holidays!

• Love 7
On 12/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, DeeDee79 said:

Yeah, this is a great motivator for giving SM a try 😜

Just adding to my post that this comment on this vid on Instagram from a "fan" is simply ridiculous:

"for all of us, the best gift for Christmas would be your and Jared's joint congratulations when you are together. we've been waiting so long! it's like giving us hope, the warmth of your common home and heart! to see you apart on such a holiday is simply unbearable! you're both family!"

What the actual f&#k??? Why are people like this?

• Love 1
On 12/24/2021 at 8:39 AM, PAForrest said:

I don't know what's happening in that first clip, but I agree it does look like he lost a bet. And yet, the rest of us won BIG TIME!  LOL!

With all the bad happening right now, this IG post makes me bigly happy. Thank you, Ackles family, for putting a smile on my face.

Happy Holidays!

With the sound you hear his daughter saying "Oh my daddy" and something like "you have to walk all the way up" to touch the tree.  So I think he lost a bet with JJ. LOL  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

So I wonder what this will do to the prequel? It kind of sounds like the CW will be dissolved and maybe the surviving shows will go to streaming services depending on which network owns them.

Chaos Machine's over deal is with Warner Brothers, not the CW, so they can put the prequel on another network if they decide to pick it up. Going to HBO Max might be the best thing for it.  Smaller seasons, more concise story telling, less filler and a lot more leeway on content. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Chaos Machine's over deal is with Warner Brothers, not the CW, so they can put the prequel on another network if they decide to pick it up. Going to HBO Max might be the best thing for it.  Smaller seasons, more concise story telling, less filler and a lot more leeway on content. 

It actually could end up being good for Jensen's Winchesters prequel if it goes ahead.  Fingers crossed.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Warner Brothers co owns the CW. Do they have their own streaming service?

Just now, Casseiopeia said:

Warner Brothers co owns the CW. Do they have their own streaming service?

Yes, they have HBO Max.  Plus, I think they put shows on other networks.   Gotham, that aired on NBC was a WB show.  I think they also own Sabrina on Netflix.

So, Jensen's shows aren't just limited to the CW.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Walker is a CBS property but my guess is because its a CW partner it can air on HBO Max. 

All I know is that I can't afford another streaming service. This news kind of sucks for some (me) viewers even though it might be good news for production companies.

• Love 2
Just now, Casseiopeia said:

All I know is that I can't afford another streaming service. This news kind of sucks for some (me) viewers even though it might be good news for production companies.

It sucks for me too, because HBO Max is not available in Canada, even if I could afford it.

• Love 1

The most likely deal right now seems to be for a broadcaster to buy the CW and depend on both Warner and Viacom to provide content. Still means tighter budgets and most shoes already are on shoestring budgets. Also at least some shows should be probably be worried.

Both HBO Max and Paramount + also desperately need content and some actual subscriber range. They made zero headway Internationally so far. 

We'll see how it shakes out. I still remember way back when as the CW news was announced and the WB was kaput. Came out of nowhere.

• Love 1

I don't think it's Toronto, at least not for  The Boys. None of the other cast have given any indication that they are preparing to film. Hopefully it is for something professional though, and something we will hear about sooner rather than later.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

This article is making it look less and less likely that any future projects like a Supernatural reboot/prequel will be picked up by the soon to be defunct CW network. I have a feeling most programing on the CW will be moved to whatever streaming services of the studios.

12 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This article is making it look less and less likely that any future projects like a Supernatural reboot/prequel will be picked up by the soon to be defunct CW network. I have a feeling most programing on the CW will be moved to whatever streaming services of the studios.

SPN seems to do well on streaming. A content-starved streamer like HBO Max might be interested in an adjacent project, even if limited run. 

But I do believe the possible sale will mean the end of some CW shows. And the "in development" projects mostly won't make it.

IMO it was stupid to cut the Netflix deal short so soon, to hoard programming for their own new streaming services that international audiences can't see at all. And by the time they can launch there, those projects/Seasons will be super-old news and no longer a draw.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well he wasn't going to Toronto....

They guy standing next to Jensen in the group shot is Jeff Frost.  He's the head of Sony's TV divison.  Seems like he was networking.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 9