Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pete Martell

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

5 hours ago, Diane said:

What I don’t understand is why anyone would think that Jensen can’t take care of himself. He’s been in the business forever, he’s a grown as* man with a wife and three children. I’m pretty sure since this isn’t his first rodeo, he will know how to run the set. 

The concern doesn't spring from any lack of knowledge or ability on his part to run the set.

It springs from the emotional toll it could take on him(or anyone for that matter)to work on a set where guns will once again play a large part and have a definite presence therein, so very soon after seeing a human life-and that of a respected colleague's, if not a friend's quite yet-extinguished horrifically by a gun.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:59 AM, Aeryn13 said:

And I think it truly won't interfere with him, other than obviously emotionally. Where I wish him all the best and all the support he needs to recover. Which is why I wish he wouldn't do cons now so soon. He gets hatred from the vultures on a good day after cons, as if they would show any class or empathy now.

This sums up my feelings also.

And feeling concern and sympathy for someone's(again anyone's really) emotional state who has gone through or seen what Jensen has a scant week and a half ago is hardly what I would  call questioning whether he's a "grown as* man" or not, but we all see things differently, I suppose; and sometimes very differently.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 8

In this case I'd say its a lack of faith in fans more than infantilising Jensen or questioning his ability to draw the line about what commitments he wants to keep.

Totally parasocial & 'Dean-lensed' of me but I rekon hes the sort to want to focus on things he CAN do, and would be completely un-surprised if he kept all of his current plans in place and pulled them off with his usual aplomb. No judgement if he doesn't of course, but hes always been a pretty private dude with solid work/life boundaries. I hope people also don't judge him, or question whether he actually is- just because he might not work through it in public.
Ridiculous twitter gaffes aside I also think Jared would give him an easy pass if he really did want to reschedule, or tweak something if his episode happened to have a massive gunfight in it or anything. For all we know he may want too do it and "get back on that horse", or prove to the industry that he can.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but more than the fans with 0 boundaries during Q&As that we all hear about, I'd worry about the people who are think they are being reasonable by keeping it brief and respectful but mentioning it in autos. But 3000 fans later when they're basically stuck at that table it is not brief, or considerate, over and over and over again, and we as a collective have a *very* bad track record with Jared on that front.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Myrelle said:

And feeling concern and sympathy for someone's(again anyone's really) emotional state who has gone through or seen what Jensen has a scant week and a half ago is hardly what I would  call questioning whether he's a "grown as* man" or not, but we all see things differently, I suppose; and sometimes very differently.

Why is expressing concern for someone who was involved (directly or indirectly) in a traumatic situation a point of contention? 

If you hear that there is an accident that resulted in loss of life during peak hours on the road your friend/relative takes to work everyday, call them and find out they were ok, but saw it happen,  it would be totally reasonable that you are relieved that your friend/relative is okay, and you are also concerned that your friend/relative might have been traumatized by having witnessed such a horrific event.

Doesn't mean you don't care about the people who were actually involved in the accident and were injured or possibly killed.

Would you blame that friend/relative if they decided to not drive or avoid that road for some time? Would you think they are incapable?

How is this different?

(Edit: I know that as fans/stans we don't really know any of the actors, but quite a few people feel like they are family to them. If those people are concerned about their (actors') well being, it's not necessarily wrong.)

Edited by MAK
  • Like 9

It appears my friendly reminder is being ignored. This is for Supernatural discussion. Further posts mentioning Alec Baldwin and the Rust incident will be removed and warnings will be issued.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, Casseiopeia said:

I don't know why they would. If Jensen wants to talk about it he will. If he doesn't he won't.  I can't imagine any scenario where Jared would allow Jensen to be harassed by anyone on set.

I'm more worried about insensitive fans at cons. There doesn't seem to be any line they won't cross.

I guess I'm in the dark. Jensen is directing an ep of Walker?? Yay!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

I guess I'm in the dark. Jensen is directing an ep of Walker?? Yay!

Yes! This week I think. From what I've read, Jared originally wanted Jensen to direct E5 of the first season. However, his quarantine/work/prep on The Boys made that timing impossible.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

6 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Awww...love hearing Kripke talk about him. 

I agree! I love it when people talk about his awesomeness 😊

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

The picture in Jensen's attic has got to be of a pile of dust by now.

FFiH_tPXwAIWKgj?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Hides every pair of scissors and hair clippers, and locks all hair salons and barber shops and throws away the keys.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Jensen had some really interesting comments in the main panel about the movie about 43 min in and no Jared is not a producer on the Winchesters.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/12/2021 at 9:38 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Jensen had some really interesting comments in the main panel about the movie about 43 min in and no Jared is not a producer on the Winchesters.

Without me having to watch these panels (work is too busy ATM), anyone know of any interesting tidbits from Jensen, Jared, or Misha from the cons? Like about the finale, or about Rust, or Walker, or whatever the hell Misha is doing now (like what is he doing now), or about the SPN movie? Thanks in advance! :)

Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Without me having to watch these panels (work is too busy ATM), anyone know of any interesting tidbits from Jensen, Jared, or Misha from the cons? Like about the finale, or about Rust, or Walker, or whatever the hell Misha is doing now (like what is he doing now), or about the SPN movie? Thanks in advance! :)

Happy Holidays!

Nothing new on the spinoff prequel projects but Jensen did talk about the movie and how pretty much everything being reported is completely false....and he was pretty angry about it. That subject was brought up because a fan asked about Jared being a producer on Chaos' The Winchesters (which was also not true) and how these types of rumors get started.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Can't wait for Radio Company's 3rd album.  

Do any of the late shows (not Kimmel/Fallon/Corden) still have great-but-relatively-unknown bands on anymore? How awesome would it be for Steve and Jensen to get that kind of exposure? I wish they had even a little ambition to promote their music outside of Instagram.

• Like 4