Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, roamyn said:

There have been several mishaps on the ‘SPN’ set.  From Jared breaking his wrist, to Jensen accidentally stabbing Jared and even his stunt double (who was portraying a demon during a fight).

Accidents are bound to happen on any production where there are stunts and action sequences. The thing is that a good production will take care to avoid them as much as possible by making sure that the right people are in charge, cast and crew receive proper safety training and that every precaution is taken. That being said, things can and do sometimes go wrong despite all efforts otherwise.

Wikipedia compiled a rather thorough list of onset accidents, though surprisingly, the mishaps on the SPN set aren't listed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_and_television_accidents#2020s

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Accidents are bound to happen on any production where there are stunts and action sequences. The thing is that a good production will take care to avoid them as much as possible by making sure that the right people are in charge, cast and crew receive proper safety training and that every precaution is taken. That being said, things can and do sometimes go wrong despite all efforts otherwise.

Wikipedia compiled a rather thorough list of onset accidents, though surprisingly, the mishaps on the SPN set aren't listed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_and_television_accidents#2020s

I have no idea how thorough the list is.  But, I think they were only counting incidents that involved a serious injury, i.e. having to go to the hospital. I think technically Jared broke his wrist off set, it was just exacerbated during filming.  And, I think the stabbing was pretty superficial.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Jensen is in Austin. I think he starts prep on the ep for Walker tomorrow.

I hope the people on the Walker set won't hound him for info about Rust or anything like that.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I hope the people on the Walker set won't hound him for info about Rust or anything like that.

I don't know why they would. If Jensen wants to talk about it he will. If he doesn't he won't.  I can't imagine any scenario where Jared would allow Jensen to be harassed by anyone on set.

I'm more worried about insensitive fans at cons. There doesn't seem to be any line they won't cross.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don't know why they would. If Jensen wants to talk about it he will. If he doesn't he won't.  I can't imagine any scenario where Jared would allow Jensen to be harassed by anyone on set.

I'm more worried about insensitive fans at cons. There doesn't seem to be any line they won't cross.

As a director Jensen has to interact with all departments. In capacities where actors, including Jared, won't be around. And people can be sensationalist. 

Now maybe Jared would address crew and cast in his position as a producer beforehand as a courtesy to curtail any shenanigans. 

I worry about cons, too, but also about working on a set that also probably deals with firearms and all that for the episode. Just hoping Jensen doesn't push himself too much too soon. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

As a director Jensen has to interact with all departments. In capacities where actors, including Jared, won't be around. And people can be sensationalist. 

Now maybe Jared would address crew and cast in his position as a producer beforehand as a courtesy to curtail any shenanigans. 

I worry about cons, too, but also about working on a set that also probably deals with firearms and all that for the episode. Just hoping Jensen doesn't push himself too much too soon. 

I'm guessing anyone who harasses Jensen on the Walker set would probably get fired.

I worry about him too. I hope he can take some breaks. But I think the Charlotte con is soon after he wraps his episode. I hope that he wasn't anywhere near where the accident happened.

At least he still has his own home in Austin. Plus the brewery is there. He can just get away from the business for a few hours.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yes, all of this for me, too.

And I especially and truly hope that JP will have addressed the cast  and crew beforehand

As for myself, I too, am very worried for him both with this director's thing and with the upcoming con.

It's so soon, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we and the folks who work on Walker didn't get a bit of a more closed off version of Jensen than most are accustomed to-and I hope if that does happen that he won't be roasted for it by the usual  suspects because with this often boundaries ignorant fandom, you just never can tell.

• Love 3

What I don’t understand is why anyone would think that Jensen can’t take care of himself. He’s been in the business forever, he’s a grown as* man with a wife and three children. I’m pretty sure since this isn’t his first rodeo, he will know how to run the set. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Diane said:

What I don’t understand is why anyone would think that Jensen can’t take care of himself. He’s been in the business forever, he’s a grown as* man with a wife and three children. I’m pretty sure since this isn’t his first rodeo, he will know how to run the set. 

The concern doesn't spring from any lack of knowledge or ability on his part to run the set.

It springs from the emotional toll it could take on him(or anyone for that matter)to work on a set where guns will once again play a large part and have a definite presence therein, so very soon after seeing a human life-and that of a respected colleague's, if not a friend's quite yet-extinguished horrifically by a gun.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:59 AM, Aeryn13 said:

And I think it truly won't interfere with him, other than obviously emotionally. Where I wish him all the best and all the support he needs to recover. Which is why I wish he wouldn't do cons now so soon. He gets hatred from the vultures on a good day after cons, as if they would show any class or empathy now.

This sums up my feelings also.

And feeling concern and sympathy for someone's(again anyone's really) emotional state who has gone through or seen what Jensen has a scant week and a half ago is hardly what I would  call questioning whether he's a "grown as* man" or not, but we all see things differently, I suppose; and sometimes very differently.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Myrelle said:

And feeling concern and sympathy for someone's(again anyone's really) emotional state who has gone through or seen what Jensen has a scant week and a half ago is hardly what I would  call questioning whether he's a "grown as* man" or not, but we all see things differently, I suppose; and sometimes very differently.

Why is expressing concern for someone who was involved (directly or indirectly) in a traumatic situation a point of contention? 

If you hear that there is an accident that resulted in loss of life during peak hours on the road your friend/relative takes to work everyday, call them and find out they were ok, but saw it happen,  it would be totally reasonable that you are relieved that your friend/relative is okay, and you are also concerned that your friend/relative might have been traumatized by having witnessed such a horrific event.

Doesn't mean you don't care about the people who were actually involved in the accident and were injured or possibly killed.

Would you blame that friend/relative if they decided to not drive or avoid that road for some time? Would you think they are incapable?

How is this different?

(Edit: I know that as fans/stans we don't really know any of the actors, but quite a few people feel like they are family to them. If those people are concerned about their (actors') well being, it's not necessarily wrong.)

Edited by MAK
  • Love 8
On 10/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, Casseiopeia said:

I guess I'm in the dark. Jensen is directing an ep of Walker?? Yay!

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

I guess I'm in the dark. Jensen is directing an ep of Walker?? Yay!

Yes! This week I think. From what I've read, Jared originally wanted Jensen to direct E5 of the first season. However, his quarantine/work/prep on The Boys made that timing impossible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1