Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, FlickChick said:

This is interesting. Usually Misha is on stage on Saturday, so I wonder if Jensen will join him or do a separate panel. Also, curious about the conflict of schedule.

It says he will do a gold panel (does Misha do two panels on Sat) and photo ops.

Possibly ADR work for The Boys?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU8Hz2VPmh-/

From Jensen's instagram.

7c3fd421020d8ca5dd190179d13522fb6fc2d85b

598b59fc9dab9aa357cef16616c81df4afb3d894

He's so funny and humble. I ♥ him. He's really checking stuff off that bucket list post-SPN and I could not be more thrilled for him (or me).

14 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yay! Jensen in a Western....and maybe a bad guy or good guy doing the wrong thing?  Can't wait!

He's a US Marshall, so probably a good guy doing the 'wrong thing' because it's his job (if the bad guy(s) isn't really a bad guy(s) but the law says he is).

• Love 14

I'm not a big fan of westerns but I will definitely be watching! I also liked that the Deadline article added this bit: 

Ackles, who is coming off the incredible run by the hit CW show Supernatural, recently landed the huge role of Soldier Boy in the highly-anticipated third season of the Emmy nominated The Boys. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I'm not a big fan of westerns but I will definitely be watching! I also liked that the Deadline article added this bit: 

Ackles, who is coming off the incredible run by the hit CW show Supernatural, recently landed the huge role of Soldier Boy in the highly-anticipated third season of the Emmy nominated The Boys. 

Filming has already started for Rust and he's still finding time to attend a SPN convention this weekend.

He really is something else.

I'm so proud to be a fan of his and so very happy to see him so sought after in his field and working with some of the best in this latest project-not surprised in the least by any of this, tbh, but again just so happy to see his cup runneth over in the way that it has since Supernatural ended. 

And I'm betting that this is still just the beginning for him.

Our "secret" is out and it just feels so good to be a Jensen fan these days-finally!

Hallelujah!! 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

So this guy had a role in Better Call Saul.

I'm loving that Jensen seems to somehow have wound up working with actors from that show and, hopefully, with writers and producers of that ilk.

I've always dreamed of him working on a Vince Gilligan production, and maybe reuniting with John Shiban. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So this guy had a role in Better Call Saul.

I'm loving that Jensen seems to somehow have wound up working with actors from that show and, hopefully, with writers and producers of that ilk.

I've always dreamed of him working on a Vince Gilligan production, and maybe reuniting with John Shiban. 

He's also working with Travis Fimmel from Vikings. As a fan of that show its a pairing I never knew I needed. 

Also the BTS people (not sure if the its writers or producers or both) are the ones that did The Trial of the Chicago 7.  Which got both critical acclaim and won both golden globes and SAG awards.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

He's also working with Travis Fimmel from Vikings. As a fan of that show its a pairing I never knew I needed. 

Also the BTS people (not sure if the its writers or producers or both) are the ones that did The Trial of the Chicago 7.  Which got both critical acclaim and won both golden globes and SAG awards.

I can't believe all this glory comes out when I'm out of town taking care of a friend in the hospital. Such good news! And I LOVE Travis Fimmel and Frances Fisher, so this is very exciting for me. The boy has had little downtime between the end of shooting The Boys and now this movie. But this is exactly the way I hoped his post-SPN career would go.

• Love 9

Those panels were like a welcome breath of fresh air after months of being stuck inside. Jensen was so happy to be there and excited to talk about his new projects, as well as SPN and the finale. 

Funny, it never really occured to me that *he* might have needed to talk about it as much as we did. I remain convinced he was never okay with it. I love that he insisted upon and fought for Dean dying on his feet. Too bad Singer didn't listen to him about anything else. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

hose panels were like a welcome breath of fresh air after months of being stuck inside. Jensen was so happy to be there and excited to talk about his new projects, as well as SPN and the finale. 

Oh, he had a blast pretending he didn't know anything about a gun or riding horses.  May be just a little payback for that.  lol

I also loved how he kept saying I don't remember, ask Jared.  In other words, I'm not saying anything more.  You can interpret it how you will?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Those panels were like a welcome breath of fresh air after months of being stuck inside. Jensen was so happy to be there and excited to talk about his new projects, as well as SPN and the finale. 

Funny, it never really occured to me that *he* might have needed to talk about it as much as we did. I remain convinced he was never okay with it. I love that he insisted upon and fought for Dean dying on his feet. Too bad Singer didn't listen to him about anything else. 

It makes me crazy that Jensen didn't stand up for himself more, though, because it's clear of the few times he did, he could affect change. There was no Supernatural without Dean Winchester.

Listening to how excited Jensen is talking about all his other projects - The Boys, Rust, and the animated DC/Batman 'verse - was everything I wanted to hear from him. And my god he was stunning on top of it all!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

It makes me crazy that Jensen didn't stand up for himself more, though, because it's clear of the few times he did, he could affect change. There was no Supernatural without Dean Winchester.

Listening to how excited Jensen is talking about all his other projects - The Boys, Rust, and the animated DC/Batman 'verse - was everything I wanted to hear from him. And my god he was stunning on top of it all!

I think he had to pick and choose his battles and he's the only one who could see what he could and could not get them to budge on.  He wouldn't want to get a reputation for being difficult.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Oh, he had a blast pretending he didn't know anything about a gun or riding horses.  May be just a little payback for that.  lol

I also loved how he kept saying I don't remember, ask Jared.  In other words, I'm not saying anything more.  You can interpret it how you will?

I haven't had a chance to watch the panels in whole, but have seen many clips.

Did he say "Ask Jared" in the solo panel or the gold?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I haven't had a chance to watch the panels in whole, but have seen many clips.

In the solo panel. Someone asked about the what they added to the script that wasnt' there, like the pilot clothes.  Jensen said ask Jared, he would remember better.

• Useful 1
Just now, ILoveReading said:

In the solo panel. Someone asked about the what they added to the script that wasnt' there, like the pilot clothes.  Jensen said ask Jared, he would remember better.

Thank you. 🙂

Got to say I was disappointed that nothing about the Prequel came up, particularly because I hoped that WB tour the Ackles family had meant he had another meeting with the WB. I can understand why considering what a debacle the announcement was and now I doubt we will hear anything at all unless they confirm a pilot getting filmed. I am glad he is doing more Batman though, it would be great if he was the new voice of Batman for awhile.

The most hopeful thing I got from it was Jensen hinting about the show coming back in a few years. He has a way of telling people what is going on without them realizing it....like the long halloween tweet. He has been pretty consistent about what his plan is, 3 to 5 year break then back to 6 episode seasons for however long they want to do it. Still means a long wait before we ever hear anything official one way or the other. 

Edited by Lastcall
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Myrelle said:

He kind of did it in both.  Which is why I felt that his oh I loved the final wasn't totally true.  If you are saying Jared answer, that says all you need to say.  Without going on record for not loving it, he did.  I mean, you remember something if you loved it.  You don't, if it's something you want to forget.

The only point he felt worth talking about was that he wanted Dean standing vs being cradled by Sam.  A very different scene, and he was right.  It just goes to show how group think was rampant on Supernatural.  The lone wolf was Jensen.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 7kstar said:

The only point he felt worth talking about was that he wanted Dean standing vs being cradled by Sam.  A very different scene, and he was right.  It just goes to show how group think was rampant on Supernatural.  The lone wolf was Jensen.

Dean on the ground cradled by Sam makes it about Sam.  He's the one in charge of the scene and the main focus.  Dean on his feet (and comforting Sam) makes it about him and how he's holding himself together, showing his strength.  Sam is just reacting, not leading.  Bravo, Jensen!  I'm surprised they allowed it.  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Dean on the ground cradled by Sam makes it about Sam.  He's the one in charge of the scene and the main focus.  Dean on his feet (and comforting Sam) makes it about him and how he's holding himself together, showing his strength.  Sam is just reacting, not leading.  Bravo, Jensen!  I'm surprised they allowed it.

Yahtzee.

Nothing about Dabb's finale was supposed to be about Dean, and Jensen knew it. Even the original heaven scene wasn't about Dean at all either - it was about Dean bringing the princess into the Roadhouse to be fawned over by friends and family. Yuck. So good on him saying it's this way or no way WRT the barn scene. He had and deserved to take something for himself and his character out of that garbage dump of a send-off.

I have to admit I loved it when Jensen first mentioned the finale in his panel and got lots of groans and boos. He laughed it off and made a joke out of it, but I think it was a lot of validation for himself as well since he was the one "lone wolf", as 7kstar says, who didn't like it from the start. And both Misha and Jim Beaver have said before they all know it wasn't exactly a well-received finale.

Jensen continued to make it clear in his panel too that he doesn't see the finale as the end, and still hints of an eventual "fix-it" in the future. He's been very consistent about wanting to revisit the series a few years down the line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

Yahtzee.

Nothing about Dabb's finale was supposed to be about Dean, and Jensen knew it. Even the original heaven scene wasn't about Dean at all either - it was about Dean bringing the princess into the Roadhouse to be fawned over by friends and family. Yuck. So good on him saying it's this way or no way WRT the barn scene. He had and deserved to take something for himself and his character out of that garbage dump of a send-off.

I have to admit I loved it when Jensen first mentioned the finale in his panel and got lots of groans and boos. He laughed it off and made a joke out of it, but I think it was a lot of validation for himself as well since he was the one "lone wolf", as 7kstar says, who didn't like it from the start. And both Misha and Jim Beaver have said before they all know it wasn't exactly a well-received finale.

Jensen continued to make it clear in his panel too that he doesn't see the finale as the end, and still hints of an eventual "fix-it" in the future. He's been very consistent about wanting to revisit the series a few years down the line.

I felt the exact opposite when the crowd booed Jensen about the finale. I definitely got the impression that he was a little surprised and maybe a little hurt by that reaction. I also disagree about the finale being all about Sam if Dean had been on the ground. Although I did agree with Jensen that Dean should go out on his feet the most traumatizing death in the entire series for me was Dean's death in S9. It never even entered my mind that he was being cradled by Sam....Dean was DEAD and he turned into a DEMON! I was distraught for months.  

The way Jensen described the original ending sounded great. 

Edited by Casseiopeia
3 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Yahtzee.

I've watched half of his solo panel so far and I also think that he emitted a bit of satisfaction at the crowd's reaction to his bringing  it up. I further think that any disappointment he might have shown was more for the lost possibilities in it-and not just the ones he pointed out as covid-related because he also mentioned that when he was reading the script for the first time and realized that they were killing Dean off "before the second commercial break", as he put it, he knew that there were going to be more than a few angry/irate reactions.

And he definitely did not seem happy or impressed at all to me with the manner that Dean died, even rolling his eyes at someone coming to the convention with a piece of rebar and showing it to him. He likened it to going to a Superman convention with a piece of kryptonite in their pocket. 

I think the story about his standing up to Singer and insisting that Dean die on his feet instead of on the ground was his way of letting his own fandom know that he tried as hard as he could to get something more for Dean and himself and for no few of his fans, too, out of that shit of a finale when literally no one bts would stand with him(or his character) or back him or his less-than-impressed feelings on it up when the idea was first pitched to them.

Now whether he knew that Dean was going to be killed off that early from the get-go is an unknown, but he was very clearly unhappy about it when he first read the script and that came through loud and clear in the panel, AFAIC and IMO. 

I truly think that even he feels like his one and only win for himself and Dean  and, again, no few in the Dean fandom, out of the whole debacle was in his having won the right to have been able to show Dean dying on his feet, instead of on the ground and that's the biggest reason that he told that story, again, IMO.

ETA: And I have to agree with Gonzosgirrl that it seemed like he felt that he really needed to say those things, too, and who could have guessed at that.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Myrelle said:

ETA: And I have to agree with Gonzosgirrl that it seemed like he felt that he really needed to say those things, too, and who could have guessed at that.

I also think he was pretty straightforward about his shock that he died on page 20 of the script, i.e, less than half way through the episode. His WTF? reaction at that speaks volumes. I also agree he got some satisfaction from the boos/groans. The only real praise he had for it was the reaction they got from the crew while filming the death scene. 😢 

(This is what happened in the panel - hope it's okay for this thread. If not I will move to the finale thread.)

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 7

I can’t speak to his motivations, but my reaction to his story was that he has an excellent director’s eye. That scene would not have been nearly as powerful if Dean had been on the ground. Not for me anyway. So I really appreciate that Jensen fought for that view of the scene. 

• Love 6