Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, MAK said:

I have a theory -- maybe fantastical, maybe not probable, but definitely possible. What if Alba is part of one of his next projects? DC? Something else? Why not even the prequel?

Because the end result? People are talking about Jensen Ackles and Jessica Alba....

I'm surprised how much traction the story is getting, especially since Dark Angel was so long ago.    Jensen and Alba had great chemistry on the show for being such young actors. 

But they say it doesn't matter what they are saying about you as long as they are talking about you.  It also shows how they don't really have anything to talk about if they are going to dwell on old news.  Guess we'll see if they have something together in the works.

1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

That made me cry.  I was fine but then I read his post and he said "You are missed.." and I started crying.

Made me misty, too. I wonder if he's feeling nostalgic after doing the podcast.

What really makes me woobly is that in that second pic, where he is 'happy' -- I'm pretty sure that's from the finale, on the front porch of the roadhouse, and Dean... is dead.

• Love 2

He didn't post for it last year, in fact he posted but about something totally unrelated(Easy Tiger painting services :)) and I think it was just too soon for him, too.  And for us honestly.  We're getting misty eyed now, fandom would have been flooded with tears, gnashing of teeth, tearing of hair...etc, etc last year if he'd said something.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

He didn't post for it last year, in fact he posted but about something totally unrelated(Easy Tiger painting services :)) and I think it was just too soon for him, too.  And for us honestly.  We're getting misty eyed now, fandom would have been flooded with tears, gnashing of teeth, tearing of hair...etc, etc last year if he'd said something.

Wasn't that the first line he said on Supernatural?

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Wasn't that the first line he said on Supernatural?

Yeah it is, but it's also what he calls Danneel's DIY work.  Because the first time he posted her doing it, when she was balancing on a window sill 10 ft in the air to do some vacuuming, she was wearing a pair of sweatpants that said "Easy Tiger" down the legs.  Last year he posted a photo of her painting walls in their Colorado house.

• Love 4

It's endearing to me how much JA loves Dean, because I love Dean a lot too. It's sweet to know that so much care went into creating this character, and that he still is fond enough of him to mark his birthday long after the show ended. ♥️

• Love 12
2 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Yeah it is, but it's also what he calls Danneel's DIY work.  Because the first time he posted her doing it, when she was balancing on a window sill 10 ft in the air to do some vacuuming, she was wearing a pair of sweatpants that said "Easy Tiger" down the legs.  Last year he posted a photo of her painting walls in their Colorado house.

Right I just thought since he posted it on Dean Winchesters Bday he was making some reference to Dean's first words.

In WW2, while they cut the hair off for basic training, once they were deployed they weren't always getting short haircuts.  That seems to be a more modern thing because as the years went by they got more and more big on "conformity".

It's also in keeping with Steve Rogers, which is Soldier Boys "real world" opposite counterpart.  .  

If you scroll down you see a picture of a hero marine(he was killed in action) from WWII, not particularly short:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-history/history-of-us-military-haircuts/

So Dean having that short what we now consider more military style is based on current standards, not WWII standards.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

It's funny he always had a military cut for Dean but now that he is playing "Soldier" Boy it's all long an floofy.

Every time I see his gorgeous post-SPN hair, I am halfway convinced Jared had it written into his contract that "Dean" had to have short hair. Heheh.

#sorrynotsorry

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'm crazy in love with his hair, too-the "rogue" locks, especially!-and I'm not even much of a fan of long hair on guys. 

But, as I just saw somewhere else, those oh so soft-looking locks literally gleam in the lights, too.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Every time I see his gorgeous post-SPN hair, I am halfway convinced Jared had it written into his contract that "Dean" had to have short hair. Heheh.

#sorrynotsorry

Jensen, himself, said at one of the earlier more recent cons-"Who's the Hair Guy now?" 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Myrelle said:

But, as I just saw somewhere else, those oh so soft-looking locks literally gleam in the lights, too.

His hair looks gorgeous in the pictures -- so soft and silky! And it does gleam!

On 1/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, Aithne said:

He has really pretty hair. Kind of a shame Dean always had to keep it short. 

It really is! I know that maybe it would have looked out of character for Dean, but I was trying to think of opportunities over the years when they could have shown Dean with longer hair. Like maybe when he was in Purgatory it could have grown out. (Except he wouldn't have been able to keep it clean.) Or maybe when he was living with Lisa in Season 6, as kind of a symbol of the suburban life he was leading at that time.

• Love 3

I guess James Cameron has never heard of Jensen Ackles or paid any attention to anything he's ever done, or...um....

(well, we know how important actors are to producers...)😊

Edited by ahrtee
  • LOL 9
16 hours ago, Aithne said:

Berlanti, eh? Interesting! JA sure is keeping busy. Looking forward to hearing what comes out of The Boys panel, too!

Me too.  It's his first official The Boys thing isn't it?(I mean obviously outside of actual filming:)).  And it's in his currently mostly home town.  It would be awesome if some of them could make it out to FBBC.

And Berlanti?  That sounds promising.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

French Mistake?

I thought it said worst at first. So, I was like, Last Holiday is one of the very few episodes I can stand in the last season. How'd that make a worst list?  Then I noticed weird. OK, yeah, they're all weird, LOL.

• Love 3

I was thinking holy crap, that's quite a leap - then I realized he was standing on the railing in the 'muscles' pic. Still impressive, but... LOL!!  I hope he has a great time showing off FBBC and Austin to his new castmates this weekend!

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I was thinking holy crap, that's quite a leap - then I realized he was standing on the railing in the 'muscles' pic. Still impressive, but... LOL!!  I hope he has a great time showing off FBBC and Austin to his new castmates this weekend!

Yeah but think about it, he would have had to do that jump from the top railing...how did he even get up there? LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 1