Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, MAK said:

Can't stop looking at his hair (and other parts of course!)!

Wonder why SPN didn't let Dean grow his hair, even as Demon!Dean  or the year he was with Lisa or in Purgatory? His hair game is on fire!

I say this without a bit of malice, I swear. Because 'hair' was Sam's thing, I'm sure of it. And teasing Sam about his hair was Dean's thing.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I say this without a bit of malice, I swear. Because 'hair' was Sam's thing, I'm sure of it. And teasing Sam about his hair was Dean's thing.

I also think because of the "soldier following orders" he was supposed to have more of a military look.  Could be reading too much into things.  Wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

I also think because of the "soldier following orders" he was supposed to have more of a military look.  Could be reading too much into things.  Wouldn't be the first time.

I've seen it this way too.  Dean's hair was more "the good son" following orders, and Sam was
"the rebel"

Speaking of reading to much into things, whats up with the eyeballs on this tweet.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I also think because of the "soldier following orders" he was supposed to have more of a military look. 

I always explained it away with this, but if you look at John (JDM) in flashbacks, he doesn't have a military look, his hair is kinda long.

13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Because 'hair' was Sam's thing, I'm sure of it. And teasing Sam about his hair was Dean's thing.

I know, I was just imagining scenarios where Dean could have had longet hair for a minute. He could have even said, "Son of a bitch, I've started to look like you Sammy, where are my clippers?"

I wonder if that developed by accident, like Dean's eating. Jensen was just coming off Smallville where he had his hair short, when they did the Pilot.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But I think after a while, it became a Sam/Dean thing.

Because of course we couldn't tell the difference between them if they both had the same hair! 😀

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, MAK said:

Wonder why SPN didn't let Dean grow his hair, even as Demon!Dean  or the year he was with Lisa or in Purgatory? His hair game is on fire!

I think this is a interesting subject! But maybe I should take my comment to the Dean Winchester thread. 😊

On 7/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, ILoveReading said:

I've seen it this way too.  Dean's hair was more "the good son" following orders, and Sam was
"the rebel"

Speaking of reading to much into things, whats up with the eyeballs on this tweet.

Haha, I think it's just referencing that he mentions he'd love to do other things in the superhero genre. 

• Love 1

Okay, there have been over 100 Supernatural conventions, and still the same questions are asked and answered over and over again.  I had to mute part of the J2 Gold Panel (which is up on YouTube) because of another prank question, and suffer through someone who felt the need to go on and on about her cross-country trip and then told a lame joke.  It’s as if these guys have done nothing post-SPN, although some selective amnesia may also be to blame. Thank god for JIBCon coming up, because at least that format does something somewhat different, and there are only a handful of Creation Cons left this year.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BornToDie said:

Okay, there have been over 100 Supernatural conventions, and still the same questions are asked and answered over and over again.  I had to mute part of the J2 Gold Panel (which is up on YouTube) because of another prank question, and suffer through someone who felt the need to go on and on about her cross-country trip and then told a lame joke.  It’s as if these guys have done nothing post-SPN, although some selective amnesia may also be to blame. Thank god for JIBCon coming up, because at least that format does something somewhat different, and there are only a handful of Creation Cons left this year.

And you know who never complains about the prank question? Jensen and Jared. They are always gracious to the fans and try to answer in an entertaining way.  If you want to hear different questions, buy a $2000 Gold ticket and hope you get selected and hope you don't get nervous and drone on and on trying to find the words because you are in a room with 100's of fans, in front of 2 people you idolize and you know you are sounding like an idiot but you are trying to make sense and failing and you know it but everyone there knows what you are going through too and they are so supportive and the J's are patient because they also know what you are going through and in the end you are glad you just lived through it only to find that "fans" on social media are slamming you because you got nervous and couldn't find the words.  

Maybe just be glad that fans like Gayle and Kreepsa are generous with their time to video the conventions for those of us that will never be able to attend. Maybe give them a like for their efforts.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 5

I was just stating my opinion, as have others here who have expressed similar sentiments.  Anyway, with all the conventions, a podcast, a prequel, and talk of a revival in the future, I don’t think SPN will ever die.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

No idea why this popped up on my feed today but, the Kneel Before Todd actor is serving a life sentence for killing his mom 😲

I was shocked to see this one of the roles. I saw "oh, Vancouver based actor, let's see how many things I've seen him in." But this was the only role where I could remember the character.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

While Supernatural isn't affected by this news The Winchesters, Walker and future shows produced by Jensen and Jared will be....Pedowitz was a huge supporter of the J's and their projects.

I know the CW doesn't have the best reputation (to put it mildly) and I admit their shows writing-wise have been stuck in the past too much and lost quality but I gotta hand it to the network and especially Pedowitz, his Netflix deal was genius. The network was never profitable but (some) shows were, very much so, for the respective studios so they kept the venture going. And thus it was the only safe haven for a lot of small genre shows for a long time. So I think he was a success story.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Shadow42 said:

According to the Hollywood Reporter Nextstar has reached out to Jared to schedule a meeting. I'm guessing with the conservative programming of the new company shows like All American and Walker would be right up their alley.

While that is true, I don`t know if ultimately they won`t go fully unscripted, i,e, only cheap reality shows and news. If so, it wouldn`t make sense to keep just one or two scripted shows on the network.  

48 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

While that is true, I don`t know if ultimately they won`t go fully unscripted, i,e, only cheap reality shows and news. If so, it wouldn`t make sense to keep just one or two scripted shows on the network.  

They think the demographic for Supernatural was in the 58 year old group. Doing the math it sounds like sitcoms, news and a few scripted shows. Walker kind of fit's the demo. Maybe All American but otherwise mostly an unwatchable network.

12 minutes ago, Shadow42 said:

They think the demographic for Supernatural was in the 58 year old group. Doing the math it sounds like sitcoms, news and a few scripted shows. Walker kind of fit's the demo. Maybe All American but otherwise mostly an unwatchable network.

I know, maybe they will try it out for 2 or 3 years, look at the numbers and then decide if they wanna keep scripted. The Hollywood Reporter article mentioned what happened to the last network channel they bought: scrapped scripted programming right away. They kinda can't do this here since at least the fall Season of 22 has show commitments IMO.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Didn't it sound like they were almost done filming at the time? Jensen might only have to film a few more weeks.

Yes, I think you're right. As I recall, only a few more weeks of filming were scheduled. Jensen is playing the major role of marshal, so yes, I'm sure he will finish the film. Not to mention, it's always been his desire to be in a western.

• Like 2

@Casseiopeia, thanks for the link to that article in People. Do I think Jensen is very sexy? Yes I do. But what makes him the sexiest of all is the man he is - with his family, with friends, with fans, with co-workers, basically how we've seen him interact with everyone. He's a great father as pointed out so perfectly in the article.

• Like 2

There was an article on my feed about the "10 Best TV Episodes in History".  It was great to have a Supernatural episode listed, but I wasn't happy about the selection:

“Swan Song” is unanimously considered to be the best episode in Supernatural’s entire run, bringing the Winchester brothers’ conflict with Lucifer to a close. Redditor Boldrini22 writes that the “finale of the season 5 was beautiful,” making reference to how the power of love overcame the devil’s hate.

I certainly wouldn't say any episode is unanimously considered the "best".   I don't know if anyone else would consider it the best, but "Faith" is my favorite episode.  The action, emotion, music, cinematography...everything just worked together perfectly.

• Love 8

The quote that @Frost mentioned above just underlines that there are so many people in the media that make statements but have nothing to back it up. I can assure that idiot that it most certainly is NOT unanimously considered the best of the series. 👿

• Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

The quote that @Frost mentioned above just underlines that there are so many people in the media that make statements but have nothing to back it up. I can assure that idiot that it most certainly is NOT unanimously considered the best of the series. 👿

Indeed! I've read so many praising for Season 5, calling it the best season ever, incl. that garbage of 5.22. TBH, I'm shocked at how so many people are that blind about that season. I mean, first, Mr Kripke&Co. were running over their precious canon during S5, weren't they? Retcons, retcons and retcons. Then they completely destroyed Season 4 and all the set-ups in both S4 and S5. These are the facts, whether they like it or not. I'm really pissed, too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nick24 said:

Indeed! I've read so many praising for Season 5, calling it the best season ever, incl. that garbage of 5.22. TBH, I'm shocked at how so many people are that blind about that season. I mean, first, Mr Kripke&Co. were running over their precious canon during S5, weren't they? Retcons, retcons and retcons. Then they completely destroyed Season 4 and all the set-ups in both S4 and S5. These are the facts, whether they like it or not. I'm really pissed, too.

Season 2 will always be my favorite season with season 10 as a close second because of the MOC arc. Season 5 isn't terrible (like season 4 IMO ), but I don't consider it to be the best. It's most redeeming quality is the introduction of Crowley. 

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Frost said:

There was an article on my feed about the "10 Best TV Episodes in History".  It was great to have a Supernatural episode listed, but I wasn't happy about the selection:

I certainly wouldn't say any episode is unanimously considered the "best".   I don't know if anyone else would consider it the best, but "Faith" is my favorite episode.  The action, emotion, music, cinematography...everything just worked together perfectly.

I think they base these ratings on fan and critic review sites like IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as well as other critical reviews. It's mostly a percentage of fans. On IMDB Swan Song has the highest percentage of viewers and critics votes. Same on RT. 

My personal favorite wavers between Baby and Nightshifter.

• Like 3