Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

One thing I found odd was the differences in their stories, regarding the Impalas.  Jensen said he had fought for the last couple of years and had it written into this contract that he got the hero car. and Jared was offered number 3, but he didn't know if he accepted it.     Whereas Jared said they were a gift for the years of of heard work. 

Just seemed a little strange that they didn't seen to know what the other was doing.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Thanks for the Jared recap. I am not surprised that he doesn't really take responsibility for his actions re the arrest. I hope that at least he is taking measures to make sure he doesn't get 'drugged' again. He is fortunate that it didn't have more/worse repercussions. He does look better than he did before, if still too thin. I wonder why they decided to call it 'Walker' if the show and characters are completely different. Maybe it was an easier pitch/sell than an original show, and they will for sure get eyeballs on it based on the name recognition anyway

He had to get Chuck Norris approval for the show.  He still owns a part of it.  They did make a joke about how quickly Chuck agreed.  It's a reboot but not the same but he did let it slip his character's name is Cordell Walker.  I don't think they are doing an exact duplicate.

As far as the arrest story, he did take ownership.  He stated he was lucky that they knew him and knew he didn't normally act that way.  But I can give this part about my own life history. 

For a class paper, I had stayed up almost 46 hours having to rewrite the entire thing to get in by the deadline.  I drove an hour and a half back to where I lived as I was visiting my folks.  I went to work.  I only remember two things.  Laughing and telling my roommate I wasn't sleepy.  When I got back to work the next day after sleeping my boss asked if I remember what I had done.  I had to say no, what did I do.  I got a warning never to come to work like that again or I would lose my job.  I had laughed at every customer.  I'm sure they thought I was high.  I just hadn't had any sleep. 

So Jared states he hadn't slept or eaten and then accepted a drink from someone he didn't know.  Looking at the tape of what he had done, he didn't remember any of it.  It doesn't excuse him, but he did sound as if he never wanted to be in that position again.  He was embarrassed by it.  Sounds like he is lucky because if they hadn't patched things up, they could have taken him for a ride.  I'm sure he can't go into details, but he honestly doesn't understand why he reacted the way he did.  Looking at the tapes, he said he looked like he thought he was under attack.  He is working on it with his therapist.  Only time will tell.  But I did believe him when I watched it.

As far as the cars...I am almost wondering if the two Js are taking a break from each other.  He did sound as if was justifying why he should have gotten a car over Jensen.  But maybe Jensen put the bug in the right ear for him to get the car and then they gave them to both stars?  Not sure on that part of the story.   They don't match.  But again, when I got robbed while working at the bank, none of us had the same story.  Details were different.  So there is always your interpretation of what happened.  I think I would put more stock on Jensen for this one.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

There’s no issue of awkward silences with Jared. The boy can talk.  He’s gregarious and likeable. Jensen is more guarded I feel —you never quite know. But Jared is a wide open book.  Texas boys and great friends but I find them very different in many ways.

Jared is obviously humiliated about the incident. Maybe he was slipped a Mickey, but I found his narrative a bit odd. He says he was at a friend’s bar, but I thought it was his bar and his employee involved. But maybe I heard wrong. He’s all over the place when he talks.

Jared made the point that he’s the car fanatic, not Jensen. He said it several times.

The podcasts were interesting, but I found Michael (the interviewer) let Jared ramble on a bit too much and go off on tangents whereas we got a lot more focus from Jensen. 

It was odd that a guy who suffers from sweating lay under a heating blanket throughout the podcast 🥵

• Useful 4

Jared can be 'the car guy' all he wants, and people can talk about how the Impala was 'their' home, but Baby is Dean's and Dean is Baby's. He's (Jensen) been talking about the car (that car, not just all cars) since I've been around the fandom. I have no doubt Jensen fought to get the car and Jared was 'gifted' with it because Jensen fought for it and there would be no end of wank if Mr. First On The Call Sheet didn't get one. So both versions are probably 'true'. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
Autocorrect 'fixes' my own damn name but has no problem with 'woukd'. Grrr.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Jared is obviously humiliated about the incident. Maybe he was slipped a Mickey, but I found his narrative a bit odd. He says he was at a friend’s bar, but I thought it was his bar and his employee involved. But maybe I heard wrong. He’s all over the place when he talks.

It sounded as if he was at his bar and then went to a friends bar.  If you know 6th street, the bars are very close together.  Though I haven't been there in ages.  I'm guessing his bar is on 6th street.

But yes, he rambles, but I do that, so I guess I followed it a bit. I start story but an part reminds me of something else and off I go.

52 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I have no doubt Jensen fought to get the car and Jared was 'gifted' with it because Jensen fought for it and there would be no end of wank if Mr. First On The Call Sheet didn't get one. So both versions are probably 'true'. 

That seems reasonable.  It would also explain the two versions.

• Love 1

For my last full semester in college before graduating, I really procrastinated.  It was exam week and I had to write 3 term papers(including a fictional story which I suck at) AND study for and take all my exams.  I stayed up from 2am on Monday morning(Sunday night) until Wednesday evening.  I don't think I did anything odd and I got good grades on everything, including the fictional story, though according to what I've read I should have been a basket case.  I wrote about 40 pages of term papers/story and studied for and took 3 written essay exams.   IIRC at the time I think I figured out I'd stayed up at least 64 hours straight. I purposely did not let myself take any naps(they say if you microsleep you won't know it, so that very well could have happened near the end) because I knew if I did I'd just end up being more tired, I'd kind of have to just let the momentum and the occasional soda keep me going.  Yes, I actually planned that stupidity, I realized I had just waited too long and this was the only way I could get it all done and planned out how I would stay up for 3 days with no sleep.  But yes after that, I swore to myself I would never do that again though I did have a sort of odd pride that I'd managed it.  LOL  However no worries about that now, I couldn't do that if I wanted to!  I'm lucky if I can make it through a regular day without a nap. 🙂

I'm pretty sure we heard that the incident happened AT Jared's bar so I'm not sure where his friend's bar comes into it, aside from that he went there too at some point that night. I'm sure he's humiliated by it but I don't know why he'd even bring up having been slipped a mickey.  It does make it sound like he's trying to plant doubt in people's minds that it was his fault, fans tend to take that sort of thing and run with it.  I'm glad he is working on it with his therapist because that "being under attack" is something that seems to be behind most of his questionable behavior - when he would sic his fans after customer service people and waitresses on social media, it was always that somehow they did something that according to him that made him feel disrespected and humiliated and usually included some sort of sentence about how they were terrible human beings or the worst human beings he'd ever met.  Maybe he was a little drunk those times as well and being drunk makes him paranoid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

One thing I found odd was the differences in their stories, regarding the Impalas.  Jensen said he had fought for the last couple of years and had it written into this contract that he got the hero car. and Jared was offered number 3, but he didn't know if he accepted it.     Whereas Jared said they were a gift for the years of of heard work. 

Just seemed a little strange that they didn't seen to know what the other was doing.

Jensen has been saying for a long long time that he wanted to take the car after the show ends. So I think he was kind of joking when he said he "begged and pleaded" for it for years. I think he probably brought it up for years.

Not sure if he was joking about the contract thing. He is often very humble and downplays himself so honestly I think WB was always, at least the last few years, planned to gift both of them with one. It makes sense, they got more than one car and both were the leads for a 15 year show. 

Not in a million years do I believe Jensen wouldn't have gotten one otherwise. And that he had to make it a contract thing.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Not in a million years do I believe Jensen wouldn't have gotten one otherwise. And that he had to make it a contract thing.

You are probably right but it does seem a bit strange if they were being gifted them that he didn't praise WB for the - really quite valuable - gift but said it was part of the contract.

Having thought about Jared's podcast a bit more I, as I believe others did, thought it unnecessary for Jared to bring up in such a vehement way that he was "the car guy" it did smack of bit of jealousy which is something I have never felt from either of them before.  Maybe he was a bit tired of the character bleed from Dean to Jensen re the car.  Jared may be a bit of a geek concerning vintage cars but as far as driving one goes, Jensen certainly has proven he can drive to stunt level in one!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jared can be 'the car guy' all he wants, and people can talk about how the Impala was 'their' home, but Baby is Dean's and Dean is Baby's. He's (Jensen) been talking about the car (that car, not just all cars) since I've been around the fandom. I have no doubt Jensen fought to get the car and Jared was 'gifted' with it because Jensen fought for it and there would be no end of wank if Mr. First On The Call Sheet didn't get one. So both versions are probably 'true'.

Funny thing is, we never knew Jared was a "car guy" - and still have seen no actual evidence of it that I know of - until he started saying it the last couple of years, when it looked more and more like Jensen really would push to get Hero 1 when the show ended. OTOH, Jensen has talked about taking Baby home for many years, at cons, in interviews. He wanted the car, it was important to him, it meant a lot to him, and everyone knew that.

Yes, jealousy appeared to be rearing its head during JP's interview with Michael - and that may be the reason Jensen wanted to have the car in his season 15 contract, legally, on paper. There was no reason for him to lie about his contract, I believe him when he said that was his contract negotiation. And it was probably smart of him to do it that way if he anticipated JP might get jealous about it. And the WB may have anticipated that too, and then gave JP the second car for being a lead on the show - or as JP always pressed it, "first in the credits." 

So I've no doubt both versions for each J are true. After all, they really are different people and not fused at the hip as some in fandom would like to believe. Yes, they're friends, and it's lovely that they've been close while working on this show - as all actors know, it can be toxic when people don't like each other on set. But at the end of the day, contracts are business and legally binding, and obviously that's the way Jensen wanted it.

10 hours ago, 7kstar said:

He had to get Chuck Norris approval for the show.  He still owns a part of it.  They did make a joke about how quickly Chuck agreed.  It's a reboot but not the same but he did let it slip his character's name is Cordell Walker.  I don't think they are doing an exact duplicate.

Interesting insight - I hadn't been keeping up, so I didn't know Norris owned part of the show. Honestly, I thought it was smart of Anna Fricke to have the show named Walker instead of Walker, Texas Ranger, because that opens up story line possibilities to focus on the entire Walker clan, of which her original casting called for six Walkers - JP's character, the younger brother, the two kids, and the two parents.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Bessie said:

I did. That info has been out there for years. 

I've heard Jared (at cons) mention having his first car and enjoying cars, though I've never heard any other mention of it. But there is really no question that being 'the car guy' and having an attachment to this particular car are two different things. Funny that 'the car guy' isn't the one who learned (and was so very excited) to stunt drive, or who has talked about taking Baby home for years, etc., or whose name and character is always the first associated with this car. It is, however... what's the word? telling? unsurprising? not quite sure, but it says something to me that Jensen fought/worked for something and Jared was handed it on a silver platter. I have no problem believing that.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I've heard Jared (at cons) mention having his first car and enjoying cars, though I've never heard any other mention of it. But there is really no question that being 'the car guy' and having an attachment to this particular car are two different things. Funny that 'the car guy' isn't the one who learned (and was so very excited) to stunt drive, or who has talked about taking Baby home for years, etc., or whose name and character is always the first associated with this car. It is, however... what's the word? telling? unsurprising? not quite sure, but it's says something to me that Jensen fought/worked for something and Jared was handed it on a silver platter. I have no problem believing that.

I think Sam driving went the same way as the initial idea of him being the knife fighting expert. They limited one because of fiddling and breaking the inside of the prop car, causing delays and repairs and dropped the other because of the actor injuring himself enough without that.  

Handing over the cars would be a WB decision, though, and while IMO they just never got involved in anything creatively as long as the show overall made them money, I do think Jensen is both well-liked and well-respected by WB brass like Peter Roth.

I'm not sure who would have been in charge of the Impala decision but most certainly not the likes of Badd or Singer. Neither anyone from the CW. The props are WB property.

What I think happened is that if the show had only gone on for three or five years neither of them would have gotten a taillight out of any Impala prop. Never. Not Jensen and  not Jared. That only became a serious possibility maybe crossing 10-12 Seasons. Because then you can make it a big celebratory thing. And the cars are worth a 100.000 and 50.000 respectively, I read?

Once the opportunity arose, that Jensen would get the hero car was a done deal then and IMO Jared would get one if he wanted it. Apparently he did.

But it would IMO not happened that Jensen wouldn't have gotten one unless he really didn’t want it.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 4

There is no way they were going to give a car to just one of the leads. Never going to happen. Either they would offer the car to both or neither. I don’t see why it’s a big deal.

The impala is an iconic symbol of the show.   A show which succeeded largely due to the two lead actors. Of course both actors are going to be rewarded. It would be bizarre if they didn’t.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I've heard Jared (at cons) mention having his first car and enjoying cars, though I've never heard any other mention of it. But there is really no question that being 'the car guy' and having an attachment to this particular car are two different things. Funny that 'the car guy' isn't the one who learned (and was so very excited) to stunt drive, or who has talked about taking Baby home for years, etc., or whose name and character is always the first associated with this car. It is, however... what's the word? telling? unsurprising? not quite sure, but it's says something to me that Jensen fought/worked for something and Jared was handed it on a silver platter. I have no problem believing that.

Yeah I do remember Jared saying he liked old cars but he never really went on about it and he certainly never seemed to have an attachment to Baby in particular and that's the important thing.  Jared may like old cars in general but Jensen is really attached to THAT car, as well he should be. He drove it the most, he learned to do some stunt driving in it and it's strongly associated with his character, Dean Winchester. He clearly is very attached to it.  Even the way he was talking about leaving the squeak in the doors and the wear and tear on the seats, he clearly has affection for this Impala.  He's talked about wanting it for years.

And yes to the rest, telling it certainly is.  

• Love 10

Jared’s response that he was the car guy, not Jensen when Michael mentioned the Impala — that’s what got up my nose.   So what if Jared owned/fixed ancient cars in the past and Jensen didn’t.  That has nothing to do with anything. Baby is an extension of Jensen’s character Dean. And Jensen loved that damn car. Sam was never much bothered or involved throughout the series. Sorry to Jared fans but I found his response a bit telling.

Anyway let’s not badger the point to death. This will all be forgotten once those final episodes start airing. 😱Then we’ll all have something to gripe about.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jared can be 'the car guy' all he wants, and people can talk about how the Impala was 'their' home, but Baby is Dean's and Dean is Baby's. He's (Jensen) been talking about the car (that car, not just all cars) since I've been around the fandom

I remember a question about the size of the Impala's engine from a very early Comic Con panel and no one on the panel knew the answer except Jensen-which I found/find very telling also especially since it's a pretty basic question for most "car guys" and one that most of them would likely wonder about if they were indeed really that into cars. JMO, of course

That said, I haven't had time to watch either podcast yet, so thanks to everyone for the summaries. I can't wait to watch Jensen's. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I saw a new poster of the final seven episodes floating around today...it has the 2 J's centered with Cas and Jack too.  Looked good--guess Jack haters won't like it and some won't like Cas on it either probably.

Soon we won't have bother with irritated reactions...since it's almost over...lol.  Peace when you are done!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

My favorite introduction to a new character of the series..

Wow, I didn't realize it was someone from the promo department singing that song. Simply glorious! I agree, I think this was my absolute favorite introduction of a new character too, or at least neck and neck with Castiel's introduction in season four, which was of course brilliant.

So sad to remember when this show used to be really good.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Wow, I didn't realize it was someone from the promo department singing that song. Simply glorious! I agree, I think this was my absolute favorite introduction of a new character too, or at least neck and neck with Castiel's introduction in season four, which was of course brilliant.

I actually enjoyed Death and Crowley's intro more than Cas's. Don't get me wrong it was still a great intro especially with the wing reveal but everything else was just ok to me. IMO Death's intro was wonderfully frightening and added to the dread that he was who TFW had to overcome in order to get the final ring.  Crowley was entertaining and perfectly showed us the kind of character that we were getting and how much we would enjoy him every time that he was on screen. All my opinion of course; it could just be my Crowley love influencing my thoughts 🙂

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

From Variety

52778815be54fd1e5e56ea849fccf1c046b23f61d52abca71c81ff87bcf04668833039f44c862b33

How can one guy look so devastatingly handsome regardless of what he's doing or wearing, even in a mask? He seriously needs to be hired to look just like that encouraging people to wear their masks!

It's interesting that Supernatural was literally used as the beta test for the WB to see if filming could even be done. It's encouraging that the cast and crew passed with flying colors, did what they needed to do, what they were supposed to do, and they never lost a day and everyone stayed healthy.

• Love 13

There is a picture of Jared with two girls in Denver - no mention of Jensen!  (It was an instagram post which was on twitter and I had gone past it long before thinking of putting on here). Why he was in Denver - no idea.

• Useful 1
On 9/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, Icarus said:

There is a picture of Jared with two girls in Denver - no mention of Jensen!  (It was an instagram post which was on twitter and I had gone past it long before thinking of putting on here). Why he was in Denver - no idea.

That was the route the Impala's took.  They were also visiting Jensen's aunt.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

No idea if this is for real, but I want it to be. Saw this on Facebook - the car that is staying with WB:

baby.JPG

So it turns out this is real, it's just not what it was posted to be. the guys did autograph it that way, but it's the 'Charlie the Impala' car and this photo is a few years old. Oh well.

https://twitter.com/ImpalaCharlie/status/875071541142315008?s=20

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

That was the route the Impala's took.  They were also visiting Jensen's aunt.

Hi - who is they?  Really interesting info by the why - were they following the Impalas?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Icarus said:

Hi - who is they?  Really interesting info by the why - were they following the Impalas?

Well since Jared was spotted in Denver and Jensen's aunt lives nearby they were probably following the Impalas route on the way back to Austin. From what I understand they were driving because of the dogs. Jared sold his plane so that would mean Jensen's elderly dog and Jared's dog would have to travel in cargo on a regular flight.  Also I didn't see Jensen's Bronco on the auto transport.  I'm guessing they drove that.

A lot of surmising on my part but there were screencaps of tweets from Jensen's aunt on Tumblr. If what she posted was true then the guys were together at her house.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well since Jared was spotted in Denver and Jensen's aunt lives nearby they were probably following the Impalas route on the way back to Austin. From what I understand they were driving because of the dogs. Jared sold his plane so that would mean Jensen's elderly dog and Jared's dog would have to travel in cargo on a regular flight.  Also I didn't see Jensen's Bronco on the auto transport.  I'm guessing they drove that.

A lot of surmising on my part but there were screencaps of tweets from Jensen's aunt on Tumblr. If what she posted was true then the guys were together at her house.

wow that is interesting...all of it. I didn't realize that Jared sold his plane!

7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

So some of the guest stars have been posting videos in character to congratulate the guys...this one is for Dean

Hey, that's really cool. I went to that twitter and saw the others. Emily's/Amara's was nice, too.

• Love 7