Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: How It's Gotta Be – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Not kidding.  That's really the episode synopsis.

Hee!!!

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'd like to see a resolution to Red Machete's story.

To be fair, Red Machete and Michonne's katana have been more developed than some of the human characters on the show.

If the writers want to redeem themselves and the show, and I am not sure that is possible, they should first kill off Negan.  However, even that won't be enough.  They really need to thin the herd, and I'm not talking about the zombies.  Eugene, Dwight, Tara, Gregory, all the trash people, long haired Savior, and several other Saviors who names I can't remember, need to die.  Then don't bring on another villain for a long time.  Have the remaining communities rebuild, and there should be natural conflict with them doing that.  They don't need another psycho to create drama.  It's a ZA.  Trying to survive and adapt to the new world should provide lots of good SLs, or at least it would for writers who had any talent.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Eugene, Dwight, Tara, Gregory, all the trash people, long haired Savior, and several other Saviors who names I can't remember, need to die. 

And don't forget that rat bastard Simon.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Hee!!!

To be fair, Red Machete and Michonne's katana have been more developed than some of the human characters on the show.

If the writers want to redeem themselves and the show, and I am not sure that is possible, they should first kill off Negan.  However, even that won't be enough.  They really need to thin the herd, and I'm not talking about the zombies.  Eugene, Dwight, Tara, Gregory, all the trash people, long haired Savior, and several other Saviors who names I can't remember, need to die.  Then don't bring on another villain for a long time.  Have the remaining communities rebuild, and there should be natural conflict with them doing that.  They don't need another psycho to create drama.  It's a ZA.  Trying to survive and adapt to the new world should provide lots of good SLs, or at least it would for writers who had any talent.

There was a time when TWD WAS about surviving in the ZA.  They didn't need a 'super-villain of the week'.  And they didn't need a cast of thousands either.  One small group trying to make it in the ZA worked fine.  If Frank Darabont has watched this season, he must be planning another lawsuit.  I feel like suing AMC and Gimple for fucking up a show I really loved once.

• Love 17

"I know you steadily grew disappointed during Season 6, then hated and stopped watching Seaon 7, and openly mock and hatewatch 8 just to see how bad I'm going to mess it up...but that's How It's Gotta Be."   Best regards, Robt Kirkman

Edited by peach
typo
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, Smad said:

Is anyone putting money down on there being a death/disappearance (or more than one) but we won't find out who or for sure until the 8B Premiere?

After backlash from Dumpster Gate and the S6 cliffhanger, would they really be dumb enough to

do it again?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

After backlash from Dumpster Gate and the S6 cliffhanger, would they really be dumb enough to

do it again?

Yes!

heres what will happen.  Negan puts them through another lineup.  Talks about shittin pants, pissen pants, and his dick.  

Rick and Darl will be filthy and glower a lot.  Rosita will be clean and glower a lot.

at the last minute, Dwight will attempt a coup.  Possibly Eugene will be all ten four back door put pedal to the metal and let it roar and assist him.Then, cliffhanger. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Yes!

heres what will happen.  Negan puts them through another lineup.  Talks about shittin pants, pissen pants, and his dick.  

Rick and Darl will be filthy and glower a lot.  Rosita will be clean and glower a lot.

at the last minute, Dwight will attempt a coup.  Possibly Eugene will be all ten four back door put pedal to the metal and let it roar and assist him.Then, cliffhanger. 

I second that 'Yes'.

Don't rule out something happening at the Kingdom either. We see Carol during the night running in the Kingdom. Either the Saviors came there too or there is some massive explosion in Alexandria that can be seen even from that distance. Whatever the distance between Kingdom and ASZ.

• Love 1

I assume we will finally see Rick's brilliant plan. Which is no doubt to stand there threatening to kill Negan again, until eventually Dumpster Diva wedgies his boxer shorts up over his head, knocks him out, steals his kidney, and goes to the prom with Negan.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

do it again?

Why not? They just did it with FTWD.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

I assume we will finally see Rick's brilliant plan. Which is no doubt to stand there threatening to kill Negan again, until eventually Dumpster Diva wedgies his boxer shorts up over his head, knocks him out, steals his kidney, and goes to the prom with Negan.

I know you are joking but...that sounds awesome. If the finale was a parody episode of the show. At this point that would be the better way for the show to make fun of itself, rather than pretending to be serious with bizarro characters who all have an IQ of <100. Cause that ain't funny.

• Love 6

So, will we hear Rick say for the umpteenth time, "I'm going to kill Negan." ? He says it every week and even imparted that bit of information to Yaris or Jaris - Garbage Queen. Has yet to do it, even when doing it would be easy-peasy lemon squeezy. *sigh* Talk is cheap, Ricky. We know you're really itching to get down, dirty and freaky with Yaris. What happens now? Maybe there are a few more windows to shoot out and prove to the Fonz who has the biggest dick?

Will Negan and Eugene continue their little tete-a-tete? So very touching it was, what with the "this is very touching" blaring music which morphed into "you should feel suspense" music,  even though I really don't know what the fuck they were saying.

I have no idea what's wrong with Father Pee. Is that a bad thing? Eugene was talking talking but I don't know what he was saying.

Daryl's hair is now wrapped around his face and actually curling up into his nose. I can't take that anymore. Can someone push his hair out of his face? Please?

I'm already half-crocked and intend to get a lot drunker before I watch this. I'm hoping the addition of Lay's barbeque chips may help. My DVR decided not to let me record this in November. I was torn between gratitude and anger. Seems it's going to record it tonight and for some reason that does not please me.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

So, will we hear Rick say for the umpteenth time, "I'm going to kill Negan." ? He says it every week and even imparted that bit of information to Yaris or Jaris - Garbage Queen. Has yet to do it, even when doing it would be easy-peasy lemon squeezy. *sigh* Talk is cheap, Ricky. We know you're really itching to get down, dirty and freaky with Yaris. What happens now? Maybe there are a few more windows to shoot out and prove to the Fonz who has the biggest dick?

They've had so many opportunities to take Negan out. But in their defense, who could see all those dumpsters coming?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Smad said:

They've had so many opportunities to take Negan out.

You mean like when Negan was on the balcony for an extended period of time, posturing, pelvic-thrusting, bat-waving and taunting Rick, who was behind cover with his weapon aimed directly at Negan, yet decided not to harm a hair on his head? Yeah that was one of them. I'm sure there was a logical reason for that.

• Love 11

90 minutes? UGH!

I remember a time when an extended run time was exciting, not a thing to dread. I also remember a time when I would happily spend hours *discussing* the events of the show, not groaning about the stupidity of it. I really miss the days when the characters themselves had active, interesting discussion threads. I can't remember the last time I posted in a character thread. :(

I miss my show. Maybe I'll join AngelaHunter and have a drink or two tonight...that might help me express my snark in a more entertaining fashion.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

You mean like when Negan was on the balcony for an extended period of time, posturing, pelvic-thrusting, bat-waving and taunting Rick, who was behind cover with his weapon aimed directly at Negan, yet decided not to harm a hair on his head? Yeah that was one of them. I'm sure there was a logical reason for that.

Well I'm sure Rick was distracted by the 'bigger dick' comment and Negan being correct. Probably thought about if Michonne thinks it's too small. Or something else even more important distracted him.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Smad said:

They've had so many opportunities to take Negan out. But in their defense, who could see all those dumpsters coming?

LOL!!!!

Maybe Our Crew will kill Bat Boy and the Saviors by mowing them down.

With Dumpsters.

Provided by Jadis and her Trash Heap Army of Misfits.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

LOL!!!!

Maybe Our Crew will kill Bat Boy and the Saviors by mowing them down.

With Dumpsters.

Provided by Jadis and her Trash Heap Army of Misfits.

Not just any dumpsters. Invisible dumpsters. That's why they had to shoot the windows. They had invisible dumpster put on top of each other so the enemy had no choice but to aim that high. That Negan, he should show Jadis his appreciation for all her craftsmanship. #invisidumpsrock

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Daryl's hair is now wrapped around his face and actually curling up into his nose. I can't take that anymore. Can someone push his hair out of his face? Please?

I'm already half-crocked and intend to get a lot drunker before I watch this. I'm hoping the addition of Lay's barbeque chips may help.

You made me laugh while I am doing the same kind of "preparation"! 

Have a good show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Maybe a Catapult large enough to launch dumpsters?

Oh. Can those dumpsters be filled with bio-degradable garbage before being shot at Negan & Co.? And maybe mix in some Zombie guts just for fun? Pretty please?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

I bet Jadis got some medieval weaponry buried in that garbage Thunderdome she tossed Rick into last season.

"Two men enter, one man leaves"? Or one man and one walker, or one man and a bunch of weakling garbage Kids who can be overpowered as they stand still, waiting for their turn to be knocked down by one man dressed in his blue boxer shorts with his hands tied? Mad Max laughs at the Rickinator.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

I bet Jadis got some medieval weaponry buried in that garbage Thunderdome she tossed Rick into last season.

Maybe a Catapult large enough to launch dumpsters?

The King had Shiva, Jadis must have Pepe the pew hidden in his coat.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm hoping the addition of Lay's barbeque chips may help.

Mmm! Lay's BBQ chips improve nearly everything...unfortunately, I only have the 2 3/4 ounce bag.

I haven't decided yet whether to watch this episode live, because if the rumors floating around all over the internet are true, it's not something I care to see. I still haven't watched the Season 7 premiere and doubt I ever will.

• Love 1

Well, I am off to make the first of many vodka and club sodas.

I am dreading and at the same time, looking forward to tonight's MSF. Maybe I am being nostalgic, but I used to look forward to MSF, then anxiously await the back half in the Spring. 

I am not unspoiled, so I'll stop right there, but I'm guessing from the previews everyone and their sister, 3rd cousin twice removed and Dumpster Diva are appearing tonight.

My wishes...mouthy Savior, who needs to drink a long, tall glass of STFU dies, Rosita stops pouting/moping, Michonne gets her balls back and Carol somehow teleports to wherever to take care of business.

I'd also like it if Rick and Daryl were somehow caught in an intense rainstorm and would emerge squeaky clean to help Carol save said day.

Eugene, Simon, Dwight, Gregory, Regina, Barcode Savior chick and Jadis and company can all die in anyway that would be pleasant for us viewers!

Cheers and down the hatch!!!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, AllyS said:

Eugene, Simon, Dwight, Gregory, Regina, Barcode Savior chick and Jadis and company can all die in anyway that would be pleasant for us viewers!

Yes. I don't know who I want to die sooner, but Simon, Dwight and Gregory are near the top of the list.

Rick and Negan's painfully drawn-out, silly stand-off make me think of an ancient commercial for dog food:

"My dick's bigger than your dick

My dick's bigger than yours

My dick's bigger 'cuz I get Kennel-Ration

My dick's bigger than yours."

But then I realized it applied more to to Daryl.

I better stop drinking now, or I'll never remain conscious long enough to watch this train wreck 90 minutes? Woo hoo! An extra 20 minutes of blaring, vulgar commercials!

• Love 4

I'm sufficiently buzzed off of cheap Pinot Grigio, but still not sure if I want to bother watching tonight.  I'm kind of hoping for a Jesus/Aaron "Looking" side story to keep me half way entertained.  Plz Plz Plz.. show, kill off someone to spur some interest!  I'm hoping for CORAL! but, I'll take a Maggie.    Also hoping that Darryl gets into a fight with a pair of hedge trimmers... and loses.  Bring back BUZZCUT Darryl!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, peach said:

I think that died with the cheesemaker.

The cheesemaker episode was Masterpiece Theatre compared to the sewage we've been watching lately.  That was ACTING.  I cared more about Tabitha than I do about 3/4 of the current cast.  And I don't even LIKE goats.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I love you. lol. Keep drinkin' sista!

• Love 1

I was in a hotel last Sunday, with no way to Livechat.  So I have now tried to watch The Eugene Ep four times and still haven't made it through. 

It's confirmed--this board is the fun, and pretty much the only fun, left in this show for me.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

The cheesemaker episode was Masterpiece Theatre compared to the sewage we've been watching lately.  That was ACTING.  I cared more about Tabitha than I do about 3/4 of the current cast.  And I don't even LIKE goats.

God I hated that episode

My husband refuses to watch, so I'm following the live chat while we watch Longmire on Netflix.   (On season 4 and it's a pretty juicy series, I feel a void that I can't discuss it with THIS group lol)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Oh shit. Y'all are killing me. Gotta go watch now. Won't be as fun as the boards I'm sure.