Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Has Yuko come out and actually confirmed she is trying out again. I sent a tweet to Kelli, Judy, and Miss Kitty about Jinelle, and no one answered. I think we will get a better answer about who will be trying out again at the End of Year Banquet and the swimsuit calendar fittings because girls can change their minds before finals.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Has Yuko come out and actually confirmed she is trying out again. I sent a tweet to Kelli, Judy, and Miss Kitty about Jinelle, and no one answered. I think we will get a better answer about who will be trying out again at the End of Year Banquet and the swimsuit calendar fittings because girls can change their minds before finals.

This was on Yuko's InstaStory today.  I know Sarah choreographed her solo last year...   I'm interpreting it as she's auditioning again.   (??)

2018-04-19 (1).png

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

So now we’re waiting for Jinelle, Bess, and Maddie? 

Yup. But yesterday Bess wrote "Well looky here, the old goat still has it" on a picture of her dancing. That kinda gives off the vibes that she's retiring. I hope not though

2 hours ago, Tootie said:

This was on Yuko's InstaStory today.  I know Sarah choreographed her solo last year...   I'm interpreting it as she's auditioning again.   (??)

2018-04-19 (1).png

Her body tho. 

• Love 5

I'm rewatching the latest season in preparation for audition gossip, and I just want to give a shoutout to Tasha. I feel like she gets mixed reviews around here but I love her personality and how she carries herself - extra, but mature. I like how she carried herself throughout auditions last year even though she flunked her interview and I think she's a great addition to the team. I wish her the best this coming season; I hope she's kept in shape both weight-wise and current-events-wise!

Edited by PollyHowell
  • Love 11

Kashara may not have perfect fluid technique, but dang she has showmanship. I feel like she’s dancing circles around what little we see of Lacey *gasp* and the choreographer in this. I can’t even see Jenna enough to comment on her. 

Is it me or doea Lacey look like she’s filled out a little? Not fat or soft by any means, but more like how Cassie filled out her last season. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is there a longer video somewhere? I feel like we see very little of Lacey and Jenna, and I don’t see Jinelle anywhere. 

I don't think Jinelle is in this video.  She wasn't tagged or listed like Lacey, Kash and Jenna were.

19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't think Jinelle is in this video.  She wasn't tagged or listed like Lacey, Kash and Jenna were.

I know Jinelle isn’t in the clip above, nor as you said, is she tagged. However, a poster mentioned that Jinelle and Jenna looked good, so I was wondering if a longer video had been posted somewhere else on social media. 

While I wish it were otherwise, I'm glad Kelsey has spoken up and said "This is it."  If I had put as much hard work and effort into getting onto a team as she has, then STAYING on the team, especially after everything that happened her first year, I would have been staying for as long as they'd have me.  Still, she's leaving when SHE decides it is time to go and isn't having to anticipate the judges decision that she's good enough this year. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

While I wish it were otherwise, I'm glad Kelsey has spoken up and said "This is it."  If I had put as much hard work and effort into getting onto a team as she has, then STAYING on the team, especially after everything that happened her first year, I would have been staying for as long as they'd have me.  Still, she's leaving when SHE decides it is time to go and isn't having to anticipate the judges decision that she's good enough this year. 

Good for her! She put in two years and now she is moving on to a new life outside the DCC world. She is in a great relationship and recently engaged. Wishing her and the other girls who not trying out again the best.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I know Jinelle isn’t in the clip above, nor as you said, is she tagged. However, a poster mentioned that Jinelle and Jenna looked good, so I was wondering if a longer video had been posted somewhere else on social media. 

I realize the other post mentioned Jinelle.  I was stating I don't think Jinelle was ever in the video.  Was only trying to clarify.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kashara may not have perfect fluid technique, but dang she has showmanship. I feel like she’s dancing circles around what little we see of Lacey *gasp* and the choreographer in this. I can’t even see Jenna enough to comment on her. 

Is it me or doea Lacey look like she’s filled out a little? Not fat or soft by any means, but more like how Cassie filled out her last season. 

I agree that Lacey looks filled out but great. I guess this is what happens when they join the team at 18, they still have some growing to do. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I agree that Lacey looks filled out but great. I guess this is what happens when they join the team at 18, they still have some growing to do. 

Lacey definitely looks great and actually better a little filled out. She’s still fit and tiny, but doesn’t look as stringy lean. She looks amazing. 

• Love 5

I’m not sure what is happening with Kashara and point but I always felt like Lacey was a bit too thin and fluid to be point. But now that she’s filled out a bit, she seems sexier and more powerful. I would love to see her as point and Group 1 Leader. 

• Love 8

I think they all look bottom-heavy in that video, which makes me think none of them are, that it's just an illusion due to the angle at which they were filmed.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I notice on the official website current squad roster where it has the team photo at the bottom of the page, the names of Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa have been removed from the picture and replaced with "left squad".

6th Row
Keyra, “left squad”, Savannah, Tara, Rachel, Christina

5th Row
Gina, Lexie, Miranda, “left squad”, Selina, Lauren, Alexis

4th Row
Yuko, Jessika, Khalyn, Cersten, “left squad”, Madeline

3rd Row
Tess, Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Stephanie, Simone, Amy, Molly

2nd Row
Heather, Elizabeth, Maggie, Lacey, KaShara, Robin, Tasha

Front Row
Jenna, Jinelle

I didn't know that Lauren had to audition twice to make the squad.  Guess I've been living under a rock.  Does anyone remember this or have a photo from her first year trying out?

"Did you have that kind of understanding the first time you auditioned?  Fans who see you on the sideline would be surprised to know you had to come back a second time before you made the team."

Countdown to Success - Lauren's Advice to Surviving the Audition Process

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

I didn't know that Lauren had to audition twice to make the squad.  Guess I've been living under a rock.  Does anyone remember this or have a photo from her first year trying out?

"Did you have that kind of understanding the first time you auditioned?  Fans who see you on the sideline would be surprised to know you had to come back a second time before you made the team."

It bears repeating - with such killer abs, it baffles me why TPTB chose THAT photo of Lauren for her publicity shot. I cringe every time I see it. It makes her look heavy and like she’s wearing a diaper.

• Love 6

Lauren has been my #1 choice for ROTY all along.  Would love to see her get it.  Agree completely about her attitude and positivity.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

It bears repeating - with such killer abs, it baffles me why TPTB chose THAT photo of Lauren for her publicity shot. I cringe every time I see it. It makes her look heavy and like she’s wearing a diaper.

Kelli Sullivan also has very well-defined abs, but IIRC they don't show hers or Lauren's in their cameo or swimsuit photos. Maybe Kelli Finglass isn't a big fan of lots of visible muscle.

• Love 4
On 4/18/2018 at 3:44 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Whitney broke some rules too ? Don’t think her comment mattered to Kash. It didn’t sound pointed to me. Kash works hard sure, but she didn’t get that spot from 100% her own. Jenna, Holly and Erica would have certainly come before her had issues not happened. 

Agreed!! I liked the podcast Overall. I think it would be great to hear from all of the 2nd leaders! Yet, I know it’s too late with the banquet coming up this week and all.

CAFE92E1-07A1-47A4-A546-6BC7BCCCE9B6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Agreed!! I liked the podcast Overall. I think it would be great to hear from all of the 2nd leaders! Yet, I know it’s too late with the banquet coming up this week and all.

CAFE92E1-07A1-47A4-A546-6BC7BCCCE9B6.jpeg

A couple of people have told me she is not coming back this year.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Yeah I didn’t think so, seeing this makes me think there’s no way she’d be ready for auditions. 

Agreed. So basically we're just waiting on Jinelle and Madeline?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Agreed. So basically we're just waiting on Jinelle and Madeline?

I didn't  hear Yuko announce but she was working on her solo with Sarah  this week so looks  like she will be back.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, NicoleS9954 said:

I notice on the official website current squad roster where it has the team photo at the bottom of the page, the names of Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa have been removed from the picture and replaced with "left squad".

6th Row
Keyra, “left squad”, Savannah, Tara, Rachel, Christina

5th Row
Gina, Lexie, Miranda, “left squad”, Selina, Lauren, Alexis

4th Row
Yuko, Jessika, Khalyn, Cersten, “left squad”, Madeline

3rd Row
Tess, Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Stephanie, Simone, Amy, Molly

2nd Row
Heather, Elizabeth, Maggie, Lacey, KaShara, Robin, Tasha

Front Row
Jenna, Jinelle

Doesn't surprise me. There's past squads on the DCC site that have "left squad" listed by the picture as well. I noticed the 2008 squad picture has put Jennifer McMahon's name back on after previously listing her as "left squad" too.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:09 PM, go4luca said:

I didn’t know either! Can anyone confirm this is accurate?

I’m one of those weird people who rewatches prior seasons always looking for girls that tried out previously but weren’t selected or highlighted until later :) I definitely don’t remember seeing her there or in any photos/mentions on this forum.

Off the top of my head I know the show pointed out previous try out attempts for Keyra, Alexis, Miranda, Brennan, Celinda, Christina.. seems odd no one mentioned Lauren’s. 

Ps also a huge Lauren fan :) She cracks me up in addition to being talented. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

I didn’t know either! Can anyone confirm this is accurate?

I’m one of those weird people who rewatches prior seasons always looking for girls that tried out previously but weren’t selected or highlighted until later :) I definitely don’t remember seeing her there or in any photos/mentions on this forum.

Off the top of my head I know the show pointed out previous try out attempts for Keyra, Alexis, Miranda, Brennan, Celinda, Christina.. seems odd no one mentioned Lauren’s. 

Ps also a huge Lauren fan :) She cracks me up in addition to being talented. 

Lauren is cute as a button, and I wish there was a way to bottle her energy.

Stirring the pot a little bit, but I would love to know how she feels about Cersten calling herself a nurse? Lauren is a REAL RN, eaRNed that degree! 

I got the impression she might be working for the same plastic surgeon Cersten worked for, where Jackie Bob (not a nurse, but had the sense to never claim to be one, such a Class Act) and Colin (RN) worked. I could be wrong.

• Love 2

I thought Lauren said the hospital where she worked had a view of the stadium, and I thought she was ICU/CCU.  Unless she left to work at a doctor's office since her schedule wouldn't be as grueling.

• Love 1

Guess it’s confirmed for Bess then. Def wish she had more time to shine. Hope her injury recovery goes well. 

Jinelle is more assumed to be retiring, insiders heard anything on her? I want to think she is, but Kelly mentioning a “tearful office visit” the other day also has me thinking she’s pulling some reverse psychology on us. 

I would be most surprised is Maddie left. She had potential for a solid spot in triangle in a year or two. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Lauren was working with heart patients.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought Lauren said the hospital where she worked had a view of the stadium, and I thought she was ICU/CCU.  Unless she left to work at a doctor's office since her schedule wouldn't be as grueling.

When she started out, she was indeed working as a heart nurse. DCC schedule can't accommodate typical hospital schedules, so pretty sure she'd left the floor and gone to an out patient setting. I was thinking that office where DCCs work but could be wrong. 

Lauren is about the only one I'm "invested" in LOL and keep up with. I need to find some receipts that she's changed jobs, just not 100% sure where.

I'd still like to know what she thinks of "Nurse" *INSERT EYE ROLL* Cersten.

• Love 2

By no means am I saying anything bad about Lauren. She has her whole life to work as a nurse, so her taking a "lighter" nursing job for a couple of years while she still has the opportunity to dance at this level is a very smart move. I hope she stays 5 years. I'd do the same in a heartbeat if I had her talent and her ABS. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Runnergrl37 said:

am i the only one who thinks Lauren is the modern day Elizabeth Shue?  i'm probably dating myself haha

I always thought Farrah Fawcett because of the hair (talk about dating oneself!!!), but now that you mention it yeah, I can see Elisabeth Shue.

• Love 1