Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 3/22/2018 at 9:31 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Okay it must have been Allie.  Thank you!!  I'm going to have to start keeping a spreadsheet on all this....

Whaaaa? You haven't started a spreadsheet????? #smh

Just kidding but this place is hardcore. You need to know your facts. ???

• Love 4
On 3/23/2018 at 3:46 PM, rungirl said:

On a completely different note, what do y'all think about Amy L & her position in the triangle, group leader, etc next season?  She hasn't been on my radar until watching her dance on the prep class videos floating around on social media.  She seems like a strong dancer with a good personality and no weight issues.

I LOVE the way she dances. She's just cute. She reminds me of some of the girls that cheered at my high school. 

• Love 3

I’m gonna be ridiculously late (lol) and add my two sense. 

Cersten can dance circles around most of the girls on the team. 

I would defend Jenna but it’s sorta like saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter books. 

Top 10 DANCERS on this year’s squad: (no particular order) (my opinion)

She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Cersten, Maggie, Kash, Robin, Lacey, Amy, Maddie, Heather, (as much as I hate to say it, but from a technique perspective, it’s true) Gina.

Someone upthread was asking about Amy, I love her dancing from the Chin down, and nose up lol She sometimes does this awkward thing with her mouth when she dances that I wish she would ease up on, but other than that, I think she’s great. And I love the shorter blonde cut.

9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Just kidding but this place is hardcore. You need to know your facts. ???

Ain’t this the truth. ?? bring your episode titles and time stamps.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 3

I really like Amy, so don't get me wrong here, but I've often wondered how Amy's smiles are different from Chandler's smiles (the one that Kelli made fun of on the show...) 

cheerleader Amy 1.jpg

CHEERLEADER Amy.jpg

cheerleader Chandler.jpg

5 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Someone upthread was asking about Amy, I love her dancing from the Chin down, and nose up lol She sometimes does this awkward thing with her mouth when she dances that I wish she would ease up on, but other than that, I think she’s great. And I love the shorter blonde cut.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

DCC Stephanie and 3 other AAIA alumni performed with the current AAIA last night

I feel like this will be an unpopular opinion but i have mixed feelings about Stephanie. I love the hair on her, sorta wish it was more red but she has the look, no doubt. I just wish she was a more dynamic dancer to suit the hair since she will automatically draw attention because of it. 

bcc: Savannah.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I feel like this will be an unpopular opinion but i have mixed feelings about Stephanie. I love the hair on her, sorta wish it was more red but she has the look, no doubt. I just wish she was a more dynamic dancer to suit the hair since she will automatically draw attention because of it. 

bcc: Savannah.

What does bcc: Savannah mean?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

DCC Stephanie and 3 other AAIA alumni performed with the current AAIA last night

Kelli and Kelsey were at the game, wonder why they didn’t partake?

Edited by HowdeeDo
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Here is their performance:

I like Maddie doing this style so much!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Kelli and Kelsey were at the game, wonder why they didn’t partake?

Is there a rule against performing for, or with, other teams when you are a DCC?  Perhaps they are both reauditioning, and do not want to break any rules or get injured.  

Also, does Kelli ever ask a woman who intends to retire to please reconsider and reaudition?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I like Maddie doing this style so much!

Same! I much prefer this over HER hip hop.

30 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Is there a rule against performing for, or with, other teams when you are a DCC?  Perhaps they are both reauditioning, and do not want to break any rules or get injured.  

Also, does Kelli ever ask a woman who intends to retire to please reconsider and reaudition?

I personally don't think this particular situation is an issue since it was with alumni, but that's a question for Shelly.

2 hours ago, California Girl said:

She did with Jenna. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, California Girl said:

52 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She did with Jenna. 

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if what Jenna described as coming from K&J,  “we think you have more to give” type comversations happen frequently with more senior vets and the most talented dancers. I  would think this would be especially true in years with either a large exodus of vets or years where a lot of show group and more senior vets are retiring (like last year). Now, I doubt they ever beg anyone, but a simple nudge to return if someone is on the fence, i can definitely see. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kashara and Lacey got similar comments this year. The current was already weak compared to prior years, so they need to try and keep all the stronger dancers that they can.

• Love 3

I am sure other girls besides Jenna were ask about staying for another year especially the girls who did retired: Amy, Megan, and Jennifer. I bet Emma was asked to come back especially since she has filled in for injured girls.

Is this accurate so far or am I missing things? (Strikethrough means retiring, checkmark means returning, no symbol means we don't know yet)

1. Jenna
2. Jinelle
3. Lacey
4. Kashara ✔️
5. Amy L ✔️
6. Bess
7. Robin
8. Heather O ✔️

9. Simone
10. Chantel
11. Stephanie
12. Maggie
13. Selina
14. Yuko
15. Kelli ✔️
16. Jessika
17. Kelsey
18. Tess ✔️
19. Tasha
20. Milan
21. Khalyn
22. Cersten
23. Madeline

24. Tara ✔️
25. Savannah ✔️
26. Rachel ✔️
27. Molly ✔️
28. Miranda ✔️
29. Lexie ✔️
30. Lauren ✔️
31. Keyra ✔️
32. Kalyssa 
33. Gina ✔️
34. Christina ✔️
35. Alexis ✔️

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Is this accurate so far or am I missing things? (Strikethrough means retiring, checkmark means returning, no symbol means we don't know yet)

1. Jenna
2. Jinelle
3. Lacey
4. Kashara ✔️
5. Amy L ✔️
6. Bess
7. Robin
8. Heather O ✔️

9. Simone
10. Chantel
11. Stephanie
12. Maggie
13. Selina
14. Yuko
15. Kelli ✔️
16. Jessika
17. Kelsey
18. Tess ✔️
19. Tasha
20. Milan
21. Khalyn
22. Cersten
23. Madeline

24. Tara ✔️
25. Savannah ✔️
26. Rachel ✔️
27. Molly ✔️
28. Miranda ✔️
29. Lexie ✔️
30. Lauren ✔️
31. Keyra ✔️
32. Kalyssa 
33. Gina ✔️
34. Christina ✔️
35. Alexis ✔️

Since Stephanie is going to be an All Star that would mean she is retiring.

29 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Since Stephanie is going to be an All Star that would mean she is retiring.

3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

1. Jenna
2. Jinelle
3. Lacey
4. Kashara ✔️
5. Amy L ✔️
6. Bess
7. Robin
8. Heather O ✔️

9. Simone
10. Chantel
11. Stephanie
12. Maggie
13. Selina
14. Yuko
15. Kelli ✔️
16. Jessika
17. Kelsey
18. Tess ✔️
19. Tasha
20. Milan
21. Khalyn
22. Cersten
23. Madeline

24. Tara ✔️
25. Savannah ✔️
26. Rachel ✔️
27. Molly ✔️
28. Miranda ✔️
29. Lexie ✔️
30. Lauren ✔️
31. Keyra ✔️
32. Kalyssa 
33. Gina ✔️
34. Christina ✔️
35. Alexis ✔️

Selina is coming back 

7 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

(6 yr)

1. Jenna

------------

(5 yr)

2. Jinelle

------------

(4 yr)

3. Lacey

------------

(3 yr)

4. Kashara ✔️
5. Amy L ✔️
6. Bess
7. Robin

9. Simone
10. Chantel
11. Stephanie
-------------

(2 yr)

8. Heather O ✔️

12. Maggie
13. Selina ✔️
14. Yuko
15. Kelli ✔️
16. Jessika
17. Kelsey
18. Tess ✔️
19. Tasha
20. Milan
21. Khalyn
22. Cersten
23. Madeline

-------------------

(rookies)

24. Tara ✔️
25. Savannah ✔️
26. Rachel ✔️
27. Molly ✔️
28. Miranda ✔️
29. Lexie ✔️
30. Lauren ✔️
31. Keyra ✔️
32. Kalyssa 
33. Gina ✔️
34. Christina ✔️
35. Alexis ✔️

Edited by Tootie
ETA a check by Selina
  • Love 1

I'm wondering if people are confusing Stephanie's performing as an alumnus at the AAIA game with the idea that she's retiring.  Unless I misremembered something from pages back, I don't recall reading anything about her retiring, just speculation.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I really like Christina and Gina.   Maybe because they are the under dogs.

There is just something about Christina that irks me.  It’s like her teeth are too big for her mouth or something.  And too white.

• Love 3

I spend way too much time on these boards, and I never saw anything about Stephanie retiring, let alone being an all star.  I didn't think all stars were chosen until some point after the banquet.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

There is just something about Christina that irks me.  It’s like her teeth are too big for her mouth or something.  And too white.

Christina is not the only one. No offense to Little Heather who was cut last year, but she had big teeth, and there have been other girls with too white teeth.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I spend way too much time on these boards, and I never saw anything about Stephanie retiring, let alone being an all star.  I didn't think all stars were chosen until some point after the banquet.

Pretty sure it was never discussed, so I’m not sure why this random bomb was dropped and abandoned. Seems like some misinformation.

• Love 3

Are they hard up for current DCCs to help teach classes. I would rather go to the audition prep classes and/or Jenna, Jinelle, Lacey, KaShara or Robin for help before I would go to a rookie who only has been on the team for a year.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Are they hard up for current DCCs to help teach classes. I would rather go to the audition prep classes and/or Jenna, Jinelle, Lacey, KaShara or Robin for help before I would go to a rookie who only has been on the team for a year.

Honestly, I get what you're saying, but a DCC is still a DCC at the end of the day. The only disadvantage that she has is that she doesn't know what it feels like to be a veteran. Sure, the other girls have more years/DCC experience under their belt, but how much DCC knowledge do you need to HELP teach a class. It's dance. Same style no matter how long you've been on the team IMO.

2 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

I think that poster may have just confused Stephanie being invited to do an Allen Ice Angels alumni performance with Stephanie being an All Star.  No harm intended.

Same. I was just going to say that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

I think that poster may have just confused Stephanie being invited to do an Allen Ice Angels alumni performance with Stephanie being an All Star.  No harm intended.

I wasn't implying that the poster intended harm. Just that it was a strange statement to make with literally no other supporting statements or reasoning. I’m also not sure why Stephanie participating in an AAIA alumni event would cause this confusion, but it’s certainly possible.

Edited by LadyWithCats
50 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Honestly, I get what you're saying, but a DCC is still a DCC at the end of the day. The only disadvantage that she has is that she doesn't know what it feels like to be a veteran. Sure, the other girls have more years/DCC experience under their belt, but how much DCC knowledge do you need to HELP teach a class. It's dance. Same style no matter how long you've been on the team IMO.

Same. I was just going to say that.

Well at least she is better than Melissa the Mentor. I can see her fellow rookie friends and girls trying out in May showing up. I wonder if she was the first choice to help teach the class.

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

I didn't see anything either; otherwise I would have remembered that.

• Love 1
On 3/25/2018 at 1:07 PM, MrsEVH said:

Typical SDW choreography. YAWN... All of her stuff looks the same to me. WAY too much much going on there. 

• Love 3

Just my thoughts:  (Please correct me if anyone knows different) Jenna made a comment on Instagram that it was time to hang up the boots, so I know for sure she's retiring.  I'm going to say that Maggie, Lacey and Kelsey may also be retiring since all three now have reactivated their personal twitter accounts.  (I may be wrong, I often am :) ) I hadn't heard anything about Stephanie but just have a "feeling" she may retire.  If Cersten goes to med school, I think she will have no choice but to retire. I think Jinelle will stick around for another season, after what she went through last year getting her new Visa.  Simone, has a fiance' in med school, so depending on his residency, she may be a potential retiree (I hope not though because i really like her) Yuko has been very active in post season appearances so I'm thinking we may see her try for a third year.  She has really grown and is adorable on the squad.  Other than the rookies that left early (Alexandria, Kalyssa) I think that all of the rookies will re-audition.  

Now my question...I had no clue Milan had left until I saw it on this thread and then went to the squad page.  I saw her picture had been removed, just like Alexandria's and Kalyssa's.  Does anyone know why she left?  

Who I hope comes back to audition again?  Taryn!  I really hope she tries it again because she was so close last year.  I also liked Lacey (the one whose brother was killed in a wreck), Briana (from Nashville) Brianna (the 18 yo TCC but she needs growth). I would LOVE to see Heather H and Allie try out again (they were the vets who were cut).  I don't think either of them really deserved to be cut last year.  

• Love 4