Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Considering that Holly (IMO) looked like a 40 year old soccer mom with that haircut, maybe she was the one getting Jenna into the clubs :P

Lol! I almost spit out my drink when i read that. True though. Holly looks much older than Jenna. Jenna will probably be showing her Id until she’s about 50. I’m the same way though. I don’t even wait for waitresses  to ask for my id when i order a cocktail. I know it’s coming so I just pull it out ahead of time lol.

• Love 1

Imo you have to take into account the fact the cowboys are under a lot of scrutiny right now with the Ezekiel Elliot situation. Then you have 2 of the more noticeble cheerleaders out with players partying and one underage drinking.  The potential for something bad happening was very real. I think the timing of everything played as much a part in things as the actual rule breaking. TPTB didn't want another scandal - underage cheerleader caught drinking with long term vet and players.  I have no doubt that played into things.  If it had happened when there wasn't already a spotlight on the organization, or even had been some of the blenders that aren't as recognizable things may have been handled differently. 

Side note - lurker coming out of the shadows. Been reading since the show started this season, but just now brave enough to tiptoe into posting. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I hope so. I'd like to see her back again for another year.  I know that Kelli was worried she'd be a publicity risk  but she handled herself well during TC when the vets and rookie TCCs went to visit the veterans at the hospital.

She also was sent out on the Domestic USO Holiday Tour last month. She seems to be doing well with ambassador for the DCC Organization. I still see her as a blender when it comes to dancing, but I think she is a step above girls like Morgan, Kaitlyn LaRue, Ashley Pro, and Breelan.

2 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Danielle may have, she may not have - we don't know because Danielle wasn't in a position that compelled/demanded she act differently.  I was just highlighting the difference between Jenna dealing with Holly's indiscretions and Danielle's situation with Paige, and the chastisements that followed. And we don't know that Danielle wasn't censored for her lack of candor in the Paige situation either. She didn't become a GL till her 5th year.  I thought that was odd.

There is going to be LOTS of contract line-skirting with these girls, and has been throughout DCC history. These girls are on average between 20 and 24. They're going to underage drink and party when they shouldn't. As long as the girls are discreet, DCC management probably turns a blind eye to most of the partying. Kelli didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday - she knows the girls party, and she knows the most likely partiers.  

Kinda random, but were Jessica and Jenna group leaders before their 5th year?

13 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kinda random, but were Jessica and Jenna group leaders before their 5th year?

No, i think they, along with Danielle and Kinzie were second group leaders. I believe the group leaders that year were Holly, Angela, Jacie, and Jenn K. 

FWIW, if that was Paige’s last year, then Danielle was in a leadership position at the time. I think a 2GL is certainly considered a leader on the team. With that said though, i think the “leadership” angle was just convenient to use in the Jenna scenario. I think it was much more about them being out in public, Holly being underage, it being a second offense, and as Txmomof2 said, the other issues surrounding the Cowboys at time, especially that the player who was involved in the fraternization was the same one involved in all of of the other controversies. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
On 1/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, cashandprizes said:

She and Yoko were the only two veterans not invited to be a part of either the USO Tour or the Christmas show at the Star.  

I did notice that it only appeared to be yuko and some rookies at the Cowboys annual Christmas party and thought that was odd. It now makes sense since others were doing the USO tour or Christmas at the Star show. 

Here is who i think will be leaders/2nd leaders for 2018 season

Lacey if she stays Group 1 leader/Maggie 2nd Group leader

Kashara Group 2 leader/Bess 2nd Group leader

Robin Group 3/Stephanie 2nd Group leader

Amy Group 4/Heather O. 2nd Group leader

If Erica CoMEs BACK she would be a group leader ***

What do u all think

I think the Erica will be a DCC again has been shut down and the her chances of making the team again are slim to absolutely nothing. In otherwords, her DCC ship has sailed out to sea never to be seen again.

Stephanie was called out for weight, so she may decide to call it a day. Lacey and KaShara may try out again. Amy, Simone, and Jax are engaged, so they may not come back. I am drawing a complete blank on the rest of the squad because the last two squads in my opinion, were not worth remembering due to lack of talent aka too much blending and not enough steam.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

What do u all think

What makes you think Erica is coming back? Is there something we don’t know? Is that possible ??‍♀️

40 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

See how well I pay attention. *lol*

She the one who looked like TessBess, so no wonder you didn’t remember ?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

I do agree that underage drinking was a huge part of the Holly/Jenna situation.  Yet, Paige dating a player was pretty huge as well.  I was just highlighting that Jenna - as GL - was in a position of leadership and, as you said, should have been mentoring Holly, not enabling her. Danielle wasn't in a leadership or mentoring position with regards to Paige's indiscretion. :)

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.

Holly drinking = illegal. Jenna possibly enabling = illegal. (Not that I think Holly needed anybody's help getting into a bar or having somebody buy her a drink. That's on her. Jenna is not her mom).

Paige, Holly, Jenna dating players = not illegal, but against their contracts.

Danielle knowing about her ROOMMATE = well just bc they didn't film her telling Kelli she was aware, doesn't mean she wasn't asked and did or did not inform. All we can do is speculate on that. Also not illegal.

Jenna getting grounded from tours and point was more about her disobeying leadership after numerous warnings and then being entitled in asking when she'd get HER spot back. By then Kelli was so over Jenna and her BS, if the season wasn't about to start and half the decent girls gone, she would have gone the way of Erica. Well, or if two highly visible girls AKA Erica and Holly hadn't already disappeared, too. 

I don't think being group leader had much to do with any of it. That's like blaming the hall monitor for a bank getting held up down the street. Group leader does not have that kind of authority.

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What makes you think Erica is coming back? Is there something we don’t know? Is that possible ??‍♀️

She the one who looked like TessBess, so no wonder you didn’t remember ?

TESSBESS. Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween next year, please. Siamese Twins. 

Erica's not coming back ever.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the Erica will be a DCC again has been shut down and the her chances of making the team again are slim to absolutely nothing. In otherwords, her DCC ship has sailed out to sea never to be seen again.

While I agree that Erica is unlikely to become a DCC again, why would her chances have been "shut down?" As far as we know, she left DCC due to a back injury that needed rehab.  There's been nothing - other than rumors during the Holly/Jenna rampage - that link her to any scandal with DCC.  Has there been something substantiated?

Edited by KatebytheSea
14 hours ago, 8dallas said:

What do u all think

I think Amy and Stephanie will retire. Although Stephanie got some recognition for the first time this year so she might stay for one more year. And I only see Lacey or Kashara staying, not both. So I would say something like Lacey-Robin-Bess-Heather as GL next year, and then maybe Maggie,Madeleine (with which I don't agree at all),Kelli(not thrilled about her either) and Khalyn? I don't know, they don't have that many vets left (and I don't count rookies as "one year vets", if you have to rely on girls who've only been there for a year for a leadership role, then something is really wrong)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

While I agree that Erica is unlikely to become a DCC again, why would her chances have been "shut down?" As far as we know, she left DCC due to a back injury that needed rehab.  There's been nothing - other than rumors during the Holly/Jenna rampage - that link her to any scandal with DCC.  Has there been something substantiated?

She did not leave due to a back injury. She left because of  the one incident during the Canton Hall of Fame trip. There have been girls in the past who were injured during TC who remain on the team. Brooke was injured during a Show Group practice during Season 2 TC because a girl next to her went into the jump split too early or too late causing a knee injury requiring surgery and rehab before returning to the squad mid football season. Unless one or more doctors said she should not be a member of the squad period she would have remain on the team even if she needed surgery and/or rehab before being able to perform. There is evidence of her breaking the do not drink rule during the Canton trip resulting in her quitting or being cut, but of course, it was not shown on the show. Plus the fact if she did leave because of a back injury, it would have been shown on the show because we have seen girls with injuries who had to leave TC for surgery or rehab for a certain number of months.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She did not leave due to a back injury. She left because of  the one incident during the Canton Hall of Fame trip. There have been girls in the past who were injured during TC who remain on the team. Brooke was injured during a Show Group practice during Season 2 TC because a girl next to her went into the jump split too early to too late causing a knee injury requiring surgery and rehab before returning to the squad mid football season. Unless one or more doctors said she should not be a member of the squad period she would have remain on the team even if she needed surgery and/or rehab before being able to perform. There is evidence of her breaking the do not drink rule during the Canton trip resulting in her quitting or being cut, but of course, it was not shown on the show.

ALL THESE WINNERS WE GOING TO RUN OUT OF CHICKEN DINNERS.

#truth 100% 

Have to add that Erica's injury is chronic w/trapezius muscle and some discs, so there is no one and done fix. Not like she broke an ankle or had appendicitis. She might be able to rest, ice, cortisone shot her neck, but dancing at that level will just reinjure her more and more each time. 

Erica's dance days were numbered, but Canton did her in. They gave her a really gracious and easy way out.

She is never going to come on social media and announce "why yes, I absolutely did the exact opposite of what my employers told me to do, put myself at risk for injury and made them made them potentially liable for my on the job injuries, and looked a fool. I am stupid enough to snap my shennanigans, much like a 14 year old who thinks their mom either can't figure out social media or won't have 1000 people tell her when I broke curfew. Here are the pictures, see how dumb I am. 123DCCwooowoo!'

• Love 3

Well I still don't care about what Erica did. And I still think it's Kelli's fault for leading the way she does.

Not sure where to post it, but I saw a video on Shelly's insta from the prep class...god Victoria is still looking crazy and out of control dancing dcx style. I'm sorry but after almost two years worth of classes she should have realized it's not her style. Dayton looks much better-seemed to slimmed down and the longer hair suits her imo. I expect both of them to make it this year...

• Love 1

Did Kelli put a gun to Erica's head and made her take a drink out to the stands and take a picture of herself with the drink and send it out to others. No, she did it to herself.

I reinjured my back ten years ago. It got to the point of doing anything or anything leading to pain and stiffness. I was close to throwing my neck completely out of alignment (coming close to needing at least one surgery and possible injection shots.) Before starting physical therapy, I was put on medication. One morning I woke up and could hardly move at all. The pain and stiffness were bad with a capital B. I decided to go to work the same morning instead of going to Urgent Care or the ER. I could have decided to take said pain med knowing not to drive after taking one. I also could have decided to have a drink with the med before heading to work, and I could of found a camera and take pictures of myself with the drink at work and show it to my fellow co-workers while I am at work. My supervisors definitely would have found out about what I did, and they tell me to quit or get fired. Now, I could blame my supervisors for the whole thing, or I should admit I did a totally stupid thing and take my lumps.

Btw, I did not do the above. I did go to work that one morning because we were short staffed, and I had the next two days off. My back and neck were not happy with me because the pain was unbearable at times, I wished I did go to the ER to be checked out, but I did not  do an Erica and decide to show up at work with a drink in my hands and taking a picture of me with drink and showing it off to everyone.

Edited by bigskygirl
16 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Does anyone know what tropical destination they will be going to this year for Calendar shoot?

Last year it was Bimini, Bahamas (so beautiful) and the year before was Mexico. 

I am sure wherever they go, it will be safe. Mexico has gotten a lot of bad press, lately and for good reason, what with all of the drug related crime. The Leeward Is. got pretty well hammered by Hurricane Irma. Maybe they should stay stateside and go down to the Keys. 

I hope Dayton auditions again. I think she will make it to TC this time. 

I also wish that Courtney Johnson (season 9 I think?) would audition again. She should have made the team that year. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Slate said:

Thanks! I hadn't seen that. I thought Christina looked great! 

She did look good.  She's still annoying to me though.

Did Alexis totally mess up at the beginning?  Does that happen all the time? I'm always blown away how they're able to mostly remember all the steps.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

That was such a good episode. :) Probably one of my favorites along with cameo shoot day because you got a great "behind the scenes" vantage point.

The calendar shoot episode was bad especially when they were trying to pretend the shoot happened after the new squad was announced. And the girls and their I never thought I would be in a calendar shoot, I thought I would never be in the calendar, I never thought .... ... ...   Lather, rinse, repeat!

2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Did Alexis totally mess up at the beginning?  Does that happen all the time? I'm always blown away how they're able to mostly remember all the steps.  

She did mess up a little bit but she recovered well and kept a smile on her face 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MamaV said:

I hope Dayton auditions again. I think she will make it to TC this time. 

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy Dayton but she needs 80% more power before she becomes a DCC. It's easier to be told to tone it down than it is to find power you don't have. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I wish the calendar trip was still a part of the season. 

Agree! It would be nice to have a "vets' prep" episode this year and see both the calendar trip and the classes/prep classes girls take out of season.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Amanda89 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but seen this video had been posted from the thanksgiving game.  Good to see some close up videos of the girls dancing https://youtu.be/a67FY09WjWk

They all look slow no real pop and more worried about where the camera is vs dancing full out for the audience .  Just not very impressed .  MISS the previous years soooooo much !

• Love 2
5 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy Dayton but she needs 80% more power before she becomes a DCC. It's easier to be told to tone it down than it is to find power you don't have. 

She still looks 'big' for DCC to me. Ready to go for any other team, but not DCC tight. She looks short and stocky, but not as muscular as Keyra or other girls with that build.

Same for Minerva (love her though) and Victoria lately. About my size and I know I don't have the hard abs for DCC right now. She should be able to get that off before May though. 

9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She did mess up a little bit but she recovered well and kept a smile on her face 

Kalyssa is the one I think looks a mess. Don't know how Judy hasn't popped a vein over her bad technique.

31 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

They all look slow no real pop and more worried about where the camera is vs dancing full out for the audience .  Just not very impressed .  MISS the previous years soooooo much !

Yup. Overall not impressed yet. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

This. I don't like her style. At all. 

She's gorgeous and good at hip hop etc, things that need power but not technique. She has ZERO technique.

Got in on her looks. I wonder what Kitty has to say about her after working with her for a year, too.

• Love 3

Even if Jenna didn't get Holly into the clubs, she was still there and KNEW Holly shouldn't have been there, but didn't seem to care.  She seemed to be more of a "friend" to Holly instead of a leader.  Jenna and Holly were knowingly partying/fraternizing in a location where one of them isn't legally allowed to be there (because of the rule regarding alcohol and not because one of them may or may not have had an alcoholic drink in hand).  That would be enough to get people fired in other jobs as it can create legal issues for the company, especially if there was no sign of the "responsible adults" even attempting to mitigate the situation by removing the offending party or finding another way to minimize it.

I can't really see Jenna playing the "good angel" on Holly's shoulder in that she was trying to get Holly out of those situations.  She was there and, if those pictures WEREN'T posted for everyone to see (even if they don't show Holly and Jenna in the clubs), then Jenna could have said that she'd heard rumors of Holly partying with the players in places she wasn't legally allowed to go.  She'd have the perfect out for not contributing to the delinquency of a minor and not get herself involved TOO much (unless Kelli and Judy saw pictures of her with Holly, then, unless both girls had drinks in hand, Jenna could have played it off as trying to convince Holly to leave).

• Love 1

Here is my list of hopefuls next year to make TC:

Brianna B (Titans Cheerleader) - She seemed so humble and cute, not sure if she has the kicking power to make TC, but I really hope so, loved her look.

Taryn (AAIA) - She just looks like a DCC to me, she seems like a perfect fit, with a great attitude. She probably should had made the team last year, but if she makes the team this year I feel she could be a 5 year vet.

Katlynn (LSU Tiger Girl) - OMG she is so stunning, they said her look was too fierce or something like that...I think her look is her best asset, she would look amazing in the uniform. 

Lacey (Rams Cheerleader) - I loved Lacey, yes she is very fit in the shoulders, but shes beautiful.  

Dayton - Yes Yes Yes on Dayton, love the storyline of a mother and daughter both being DCCs. Of course she blew it in her interview, but not sure I could have done better, I'm sure she is up to speed on current events now. I give her a pass because she was only 19 at the time.

Alexandra (Mini JLo girl) - Please Alexandra try out again. She seemed so sweet and would look great in the uniform 

• Love 2

This is what I miss about DCC. I know this is a current squad thread but there is power and an energy missing from the squad lately. This video is an example of a small group with energy and style ... Front row Mia, Whitney, Kelsi.... need I say more

• Love 2

I can't even with Maddie. Something just so off about that whole dance. I don't get why she's supposed to be some hip hop phenom, except she's a dorky white girl from Utah. Nothing she does impresses me. 

Also is the black hair back? 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Christina is just kinda boring.