Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here's my "educated guess" about the sheet on the left...   If it's right, it looks like Taryn is the one with the "X" over her pic.

poss alph.jpg

poss alph - Copy.jpg

It definitely looks like her

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Tootie said:

On the right, I think it's a page for Group 3-how they would be on the sideline (front row, back row).   It looks like Savannah and Rachel are circled.

poss group.jpg

poss group copy.jpg

Group 3.jpg

You could work for NCIS;)

• Love 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

You could work for NCIS;)

I was really hoping for those two chicken tacos and a gold star!!!!  :)

FYI, I moved all these pics over to the Training Camp thread, in case they were in the wrong place...

4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Two chicken tacos and a gold star for whoever is able to tell me who. 

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I was really hoping for those two chicken tacos and a gold star!!!!  :)

FYI, I moved all these pics over to the Training Camp thread, in case they were in the wrong place...

Concider them yours! 

Guacamole is extra though. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
On 7/24/2017 at 11:12 PM, dccfan37 said:

Here's some video from Oxnard!

I actually like the Kashara, Jenna, Lacey triangle. It's a bit odd with Lacey's height (Erica probably makes more sense in that position if she gets healthy), but I think Lacey deserves to be in the triangle, so I wouldn't want them to move back her into the formation. They could swap her and Jenna, but I also think Jenna deserves to be point, not due to seniority but due to dance. She is killing it and always pops! As for Kashara, she's a strong performer, and I imagine that they wanted a blonde in the triangle, and she is the most senior. The other 2 blondes on show group are Kelly and Maggie right? 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Just clips of last year. Kind of shady of them to bring up difficult cuts again a year later. 

Agreed. Like WTF! I get these girls all sign releases, but what's the purpose of this video. Some of the clips are from the year before last, I believe. Kinda cruel IMO.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. Like WTF! I get these girls all sign releases, but what's the purpose of this video. Some of the clips are from the year before last, I believe. Kinda cruel IMO.

Alexandra, Mallory, and Karen are from 2 or 3 seasons back.

(edited)

Really CMT...Why capitalize on the pain that these girls go through?       What a slap in the face! 

It breaks my heart every time I see Amy crying. :-(

Edited by mcmrdh
Punctuation
  • Love 4
(edited)

CMT posted a clip a while back of "5 wipe outs" from MTT, and while 2-3 of them were somewhat comical, the #1 fall picked was when Tessa tore her ACL in practice. Not funny at all, CMT. 

Edited by gofightwin
Added link to video
  • Love 8
(edited)

What I felt was especially dick in that goodbye "preview" was the song. It had a kind of jaunty, mocking tone to the lyrics. If they had presented it more respectfully, then maybe the ad would have been just a reminder of the girls you may have rooted for in the past and that you do get wrapped up in the journeys of some of the heartbreakers. As I watched, I was like, Awww, Alexandra! But as it plays, it does feel kind of mean, and misleading for those who actually don't know past seasons of the show. Alexandra got cut 3 seasons ago--why you gotta bring up old shit, CMT? 

And, ew, to CMT making light of the Tessa injury in any way. That young woman has gone through enough and her health is not for entertainment, whether or not they meant it to be funny. I'm guessing they didn't, because they're not Martians at CMT. Either way, I think they missed the mark with both promo videos. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, gofightwin said:

CMT posted a clip a while back of "5 wipe outs" from MTT, and while 2-3 of them were somewhat comical, the #1 fall picked was when Tessa tore her ACL in practice. Not funny at all, CMT. 

Hi! Longtime lurker deciding to brave posting. :)

Definitely not funny to use the Tessa footage like that.

But did anyone else notice how many of those others involved Jasmine? Shade or further evidence of why she was cut? I mean...

Hahahaha!!!!

• Love 3
On 7/27/2017 at 10:25 AM, DCCroutineFAN said:

Glad to see a familiar member still here. I am unable to see clearly these photos even with my screen zoomed is as far as it will go.  I am thinking maybe Rachel or possibly one of the comeback girls. Those are just random guesses because it's hard to tell.

I'm still here. ?? I've had to work this week. Only about 12 days until I go back and 20 until the kids do.

• Love 1
On 7/24/2017 at 11:48 AM, Annette said:

Uh....I saw several mistakes by Holly. WTF?!?

She has seemed off her game lately. She's looked less than stellar in a few pics, that routine, I wonder what's up. She used to be grinding 24/7. I wonder if it's just complacency or something personal. Hopefully nothing serious.

• Love 1
On 7/25/2017 at 8:50 PM, DCCFAN71 said:

Exactly my thoughts. I watched it a few times and honestly didnt see any Holly mistakes, she seemed be doing the same moves as the other girls in her line. Also, I was watching Tasha...closely. She isn't bad. 

Exactly,she didn't make any mistakes unless she did the same mistakes in both videos.

20 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I actually like the Kashara, Jenna, Lacey triangle. It's a bit odd with Lacey's height (Erica probably makes more sense in that position if she gets healthy), but I think Lacey deserves to be in the triangle, so I wouldn't want them to move back her into the formation. They could swap her and Jenna, but I also think Jenna deserves to be point, not due to seniority but due to dance. She is killing it and always pops! As for Kashara, she's a strong performer, and I imagine that they wanted a blonde in the triangle, and she is the most senior. The other 2 blondes on show group are Kelly and Maggie right? 

Well it does look odd because of Lacey's height, but it might be more balanced with Erica on the other side. Although if they keep those three girls, i would rather see Lacey or Kashara as point. But Erica needa to be somewhere in the formation and i can't see them moving her in the back.

The Holly mistake that I noticed is around 1:19 (in the first video posted, not the either of the two posted on the DCC twitter page). I didn't notice anything else, but I do agree with the comment earlier that she almost seemed like she was marking the dance at points.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

She has seemed off her game lately. She's looked less than stellar in a few pics, that routine, I wonder what's up. She used to be grinding 24/7. I wonder if it's just complacency or something personal. Hopefully nothing serious.

I think she's still grinding.

• Love 2
On 7/28/2017 at 3:06 AM, HowdeeDo said:

Just clips of last year. Kind of shady of them to bring up difficult cuts again a year later. 

this is way not cool, especially unfair to Auto Amy, featuring extended footage of her in tears. 

• Love 3

I swore I remembered Vivian being a little drama queenish.  Going by @DCCFAN71's post last year...

Vivian Ralena Williams: Thank you Kathryn, it's extremely hard for me to be constantly graceful in this situation and I'm blessed to have friends like you who stick up for me and my character. I love you

I'm not really sure how she views footage of her jumping out of her seat & pointing some kind of attack on her character, but whatever, that's Viv for ya!

• Love 5
On 7/27/2017 at 10:06 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Agreed. That was unnecessary, IMO!! 

• Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, BlueSilver said:

Hi! Longtime lurker deciding to brave posting. :)

Definitely not funny to use the Tessa footage like that.

But did anyone else notice how many of those others involved Jasmine? Shade or further evidence of why she was cut? I mean...

Hahahaha!!!!

I don't think it was shade; I think she just had alot of footage to choose from.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:30 AM, gofightwin said:

Fun fact about Tessa is that she's engaged to a former producer of MTT. (His IMDb says 2011-2015.) She has thankfully recovered leaps and bounds since her stroke! DCC and CMT had nothing to do with her stroke (it happened more than a year after her time in TC and her injury), so I don't fault them for including that. 

On 7/27/2017 at 10:06 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Ehh it's just reminding us of the drama and emotions. They're just promoting the show. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think it was shade; I think she just had alot of footage to choose from.

I think if they were banking on anything it was that somebody would recognize her from the Bachelor and watch. Too bad she was cut, or they could bring her back for more visibility and personality than Melissa Rycroft. Jasmine is a nut, but not annoying like Melissa. 

I'm not crazy about using Tessa either, because she didn't just trip or do something goofy. She had a dance career ending injury and a lot of pain and rehab. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Fun fact about Tessa is that she's engaged to a former producer of MTT. (His IMDb says 2011-2015.) She has thankfully recovered leaps and bounds since her stroke! DCC and CMT had nothing to do with her stroke (it happened more than a year after her time in TC and her injury), so I don't fault them for including that. 

Ehh it's just reminding us of the drama and emotions. They're just promoting the show. 

My concern is that she actually was really hurt and then on top of it was the devastating stroke later

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

My concern is that she actually was really hurt and then on top of it was the devastating stroke later

Agreed, even without the later stroke (so glad to hear she is doing so well!) she had a major injury requiring surgery from a move she didn't even do incorrectly. That shouldn't have made the list at all much less been the top of the heap. 

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, SanLynn said:

Agreed, even without the later stroke (so glad to hear she is doing so well!) she had a major injury requiring surgery from a move she didn't even do incorrectly. That shouldn't have made the list at all much less been the top of the heap. 

So glad to hear Tessa is doing so well

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Lacey looks SO good as point! Hopefully they will alternate points this year (since we can't have #ericaforpoint)

I don't think she's point! It looks like where Kelli is standing is point and Robin is the one behind point so I'm thinking it might be kashara like the last picture!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I don't think she's point! It looks like where Kelli is standing is point and Robin is the one behind point so I'm thinking it might be kashara like the last picture!

I think you are right, but she does look like she is alone in the front so a girl can dream :p

• Love 1

I agree it looks like somebody is behind Kelli, but I'm still rooting for a rotation with Lacey at point. She has the looks and the dance skill to do it. I think she gets classified as too ballet/lyrical, because she's so long and lean, but she does have power, too.

• Love 3

I'd love to see point rotated between anyone honestly, even giving the honor to whoever gameday girl is (because it's usually upper vets/GLs anyway!). They'd have to tweak formations more often but it'd make it more exciting for the girls. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Kashara is point in the second photo. No sign of Jenna or Holly

Kickline shows 22 girls. With Erica on injury, it does confirm that Holly and Jenna are not at the game

Erica is there 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Kashara is point in the second photo. No sign of Jenna or Holly

Kickline shows 22 girls. With Erica on injury, it does confirm that Holly and Jenna are not at the game

I wish they would swap Cersten and Jinelle so the triangle is Kashara, Lacey & Jinelle. 

It's actually exciting to see this new triangle that I am not missing Jenna/Holly/Erica at all.. 

I have nothing against Erica but I do wonder why she auditioned again this year when she missed a whole lot of games last year because of injuries and now again missing performances because of injury.. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't remember her missing games last year at all? 

Not sure if she missed whole games or not but she definitely didn't dance thunderstruck more than a couple of times. Her spot was behind Jenn in the triangle but then Megan moved there. LIke this 

8e74f1f98e8f971bdce9c0720f0e486b.jpg