Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 1/13/2017 at 8:15 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I do not find Loren or Kelsey (brunette) to be anything more than average. I LOVED Megan. I believe Kelli said she had a "thutt". Well Kells, keep wearing those polyester tube dresses. We can see your thutt, your muffin top, your bra fat and your fupa. I thought it was ridiculously fucked up to actually attempt to CREATE a name for a body part on someone like that. Just say "She's too stocky on her lower half". And she says her mama taught her her manners. Pssh.

You made my life!! And made me spit Diet Coke. I mean, we might not mind if any of those areas were attractive one iota, but no.  I like Megan. She was 100% I can't change what God gave me.  I like Amy T but she's got hips/booty like me, and I promise you those shorts on my trunk junk would be a g string. 

• Love 2
On 1/17/2017 at 2:51 PM, heatherrrrz said:

Holding back my opinion on the cowboys because I love them so much lol

Yeah can't get into this. I've been a Cowboys fan since birth. *has been known to sing bars of We Dem Boyz*  I have also used the hashtag knowing it isn't proper grammar. I use  improper grammar for effect as I am an English teacher. ?

• Love 1
On 1/27/2017 at 2:30 PM, raindancer said:

Guess this belongs here, which is really appalling, but it's seriously messed up to pick on a teenage girl because her mother is the director of a team we all love, or to say that mother shouldn't comment about the appearance of others because of the way her daughter looks or doesn't look.  It's both irrelevant and mean.

?I would never pick on a child for that! I mean, her mother's job is to pick a cheer squad, and she picks great ones ever year. She obviously knows what she's doing. 

That being said, her daughter (Sam is it?) should NOT be subjected to ugly and rude comments. If at some point she decides to be a DCC, then perhaps she may open herself up to that. If I were her I'd run. Far far away. Enjoy college and life! Even if she's an amazing dancer, and she is pretty if I've seen the right pictures or I'm thinking of the right girl, people will still say she only made it because of Kelly. I just wouldn't fight that battle.

poor girl. Some people can be ass holes.

• Love 2
On 2/9/2017 at 9:44 AM, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, it's obviously an honor to know they think you are a strong enough performer/beauty to be up front and have everyone counting on you, but GL positions are a much bigger deal. 

No Lauren Brook, I'm a Christian, too. Since I'm In public education, I have to be careful about what I share. I do like the spiritual verses, and I'm 100%  sure most are genuine. I don't quote verses unless I mean them. 

I absolutely love Erica. I have loved her since she first auditioned and Kitty told her she had bad hair. My hair has been the bane of my existence. I colored it BRIGHT RED because it was so freaking boring. (I am half ginger lol)  I tried a pixie cut last year. FAIL she doesn't know it, but we bonded ha. Anyhow, love her!! Beautiful and great dancer ?? 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHA JEALOUS! I plan on dragging my husband to Texas within the next seven years permanently for his retirement He just doesn't know it yet ;-)

Technically I live in a teeny town about 15 minutes east, but no one would have recognized it lol. It's where I teach. It's great, but all we have here is a gas station, a tiny grocery store, and a dollar general. I think we have about 1000 people maybe and it's a huge area. Lots of country. Supposedly we are going to explode in about 3-5 years as if you live anywhere near the metroplex, dallas basically doesn't stop anymore until Melissa on 75.  A Bucee's is going in, and all kinds of other things. So sorry, this is completely off topic. ??

• Love 1

Watching first two episodes of Season 4. Why were Rachel Buckmaster, Kathleen and the two Minchew sisters taken into TC instead of Katie. I see nothing wrong with Katie's dancing or figure. If the two sisters had scheduling conflicts, they should not have been picked for TC. Evan Anderson and her DCCs work in the military. No sweetie, the DCCs do not work in the military. They make appearances and do USO tours, but they are not in the military. Big difference!

25 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If the two sisters had scheduling conflicts, they should not have been picked for TC.

I totally agree regarding the Minchew sisters, all parties were at fault in their situation imo. It's not like K&J didn't know they were title holders, I'm pretty sure in the interview one of them said they knew they would miss at least one weekend. Kelli and Judy had that information from the start and still took them into training camp and then they were shocked when they dropped out. And I know the sisters knew how busy the TCC/DCC schedule was and they had no business trying out if they knew if they couldn't put 100% into it.  They should have said come back when y'all aren't title holders. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, beachespeaches said:

I totally agree regarding the Minchew sisters, all parties were at fault in their situation imo. It's not like K&J didn't know they were title holders, I'm pretty sure in the interview one of them said they knew they would miss at least one weekend. Kelli and Judy had that information from the start and still took them into training camp and then they were shocked when they dropped out. And I know the sisters knew how busy the TCC/DCC schedule was and they had no business trying out if they knew if they couldn't put 100% into it.  They should have said come back when y'all aren't title holders. 

I agree.  Kelli & Judy should not have picked them. If they came back the next season with no commitments they both probably would have made it to TC and possibly the team.

I do not think Judy wanted either girl in TC. I would not be surprise if it was outside influences and Charlotte wanting them in TC instead. I do not think Lacey would have made the team because Kelli thought she was plastic and snooty.

1 hour ago, beachespeaches said:

Agreed, and from the team perspective, I also think it makes the Yuko situation all the more perplexing. In the past, K&J acted like it was unheard of for girls to miss training camp, but they acted no big deal that Yuko missed some of training camp. I get that it was due to visa issues, but still...

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, beachespeaches said:

This is where Kelli loses me.  If someone drops out you have to listen to her complain how they selfishly  took someone's spot  who really wanted to be there.  Yet she will put girls in TC that she *knows* will never make it--(Kathryn Dunn a perfect example)  She could NOT dance. Kelly knew that!   (I liked the girl from what I saw of her and she was very beautiful--and that's likely why Kelli took her)   Same thing with the kicks. (Taylor) I wonder how often someone's kicks have improved enough to pass.    And despite her 'world-class standards' for dance, she will keep someone with a look that she likes (pretty Emily from @ S6 or 7 maybe?) who drives you nuts with being 'pastel' and can't remember shit??    (BTW anyone know what happened to her?  Was she let go mid-season or told not to re-audition?)   

I understand the visa issue and my thoughts are they should be allowed that time.  I'm not 100% sure but I think they have a temp visa,   and once employed--can then get a work visa.  No can do without a job.  So that probably cannot be worked out ahead of time.  (to me it's different than a wedding or something -it's a legal thing)   Also I think there could be some HR problems if they employ someone from another country but then deny them the time to deal with immigration/visa issues. 

I also think that neither Lacey nor Kenley would have made Training Camp without outside influence.  Yuko might be somewhat in the same boat, but because of someone higher up then whoever greenlighted Kenley's and Lacey's entrance.  From what I remember of deliberations the season that Kenley and Lacey, neither girl really made an impression on the judges from what we saw of deliberations and would have likely scored low enough that they wouldn't have made it in without outside (higher) intervention and I don't mean of the divine sort. 

With Yuko, she can't really be sent out on appearances due to the language barriers.  Her dancing is, at best, about the middle of the pack, if that.  Some of the judges loved her, but I didn't see what was slo special.  However, given the fact that she was allowed to miss Training Camp when no other girl has ever been allowed to showed favoritism, at least to me.  I think she's a one-and-done, though she may surprise me.

• Love 2

I also found it strange (that's not the word I'm looking for but I can't figure it out right now) that Yuko lived with Natalie Woods through the whole audition process. Natalie Woods, I believe, works for CMT during the show or something. She seemed like she secured her spot earlier on.

Edited by iwtv123
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

I also found it strange (that's not the word I'm looking for but I can't figure it out right now) that Yuko lived with Natalie Woods through the whole audition process. Natalie Woods, I believe, works for CMT during the show or something. She seemed like she secured her spot earlier on.

Alumni are encouraged to help out current rookies and vets - with jobs that have flexible hours, housing, being a big sister, game gifts, references, etc.  I remember reading the alumni newsletter a few years back right after auditions and they were asking if any alumni could help with jobs.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, iwtv123 said:

Could the word you're looking for be "suspicious?"  I get what you're all saying..   she really wasn't 'all that' in dance for the down-side she posed.  

There's alot of money floating around those teams- corporate sponsorships, etc. You never know who has a daughter or a niece

16 minutes ago, seasick said:

Could the word you're looking for be "suspicious?"  I get what you're all saying..   she really wasn't 'all that' in dance for the down-side she posed.  

There's alot of money floating around those teams- corporate sponsorships, etc. You never know who has a daughter or a niece

Yes!!! That's the word!!! Thank you seasick :) I hate it when the word is at the tip of your tongue, but you cannot quite figure it out.

My unpopular opinion is i don't like Meredith at all.  She seemed like a snot to me.  And she was frumpy. 

Sam isn't DCC cute, sorry but she's not.  If she doesn't want to be subject to ridicule than don't try out for DCC, plain and simple.  Cassie was raked over the coals (some deserved, some not) because of nepotism. 

I liked that Megan girl who had a thutt but did she smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day?  Damn her voice was raspy. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

You'd think having a thutt would would be a benefit. That's one woman who won't be photographed with her cheeks hanging out under her shorts.

I have ALWAYS thought this!!!

21 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I don't think they should have to hide their faith on their DCC accounts. I don't think anyone should feel like they need to hide their belief system. I also don't think thanking Jesus every single tweet (Kelsi Reich) is something I shouldn't view as......odd.

Agreed, nobody should have to hide it.  The reason I roll my eyes is that it was always my belief that religion is a private thing; not that it's something to be hidden, but something that you don't need to shout out to anyone who will listen.  It's almost like they're sucking up to God so He doesn't "tsk tsk" them over shaking their assets for drunk men.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Agreed, nobody should have to hide it.  The reason I roll my eyes is that it was always my belief that religion is a private thing; not that it's something to be hidden, but something that you don't need to shout out to anyone who will listen.  It's almost like they're sucking up to God so He doesn't "tsk tsk" them over shaking their assets for drunk men.

This is like my thoughts exactly...I roll my eyes anytime they post "God has a different plan for me" when they get cut. If God could just come right out and tell me his different plan I'd be great, thanks.

This is slightly off topic but when the religious start thanking god for a miracle and don't acknowledge the doctors that had a hand in it, that really bugs me. 

3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHAH!! YES!!! Excellent point. I was more thinking when they 'say a prayer' for something other than the fact that they get to wear (or not wear) a glorified glittered diaper. Like, that kind of thing doesn't bother me. And I agree, I don't run around going "Thank nature that I didn't get in a car accident!" Or "Thank the animal kingdom and science that I got that job"! Although, I'm so sick of being unemployed that I just might if I get one......

You will!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I have ALWAYS thought this!!!

God doesn't care if you make the team. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, seasick said:

And despite her 'world-class standards' for dance, she will keep someone with a look that she likes (pretty Emily from @ S6 or 7 maybe?) who drives you nuts with being 'pastel' and can't remember shit??    (BTW anyone know what happened to her?  Was she let go mid-season or told not to re-audition?)   

Emily decided not to audition for another season. She was a teacher and got a job opportunity she didn't want to pass up (not the exact words) according to her Twitter. She's now married with a baby.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

It sure looks like her

It definitely looks like it is - I don't know that she has posed for stock photos, but I'd be very surprised if she hadn't, especially when she was first getting her modeling career started.  I think usually it's just a flat rate they pay you, and then you have no further license over the photos or how they are used.  Personally I think that's super scary, but I could see how it could be tempting for girls who are interested in modeling to get started that way.  I think Karissa and Ika had mentioned something about the photos they took and were called out for as portfolio building, and it's definitely an occupational hazard of being a young, pretty, possibly naive girl with dreams of being a model (not that that's what happened to Tasha).

• Love 2
On 2/7/2017 at 11:25 AM, AnnMichele said:

I didn't look at them that closely. Maybe it is a track! Either way I love their voices and they sound 1000x better than me!

@ShellyB when the cheerleaders sing the anthem, do they sing live, to a track of themselves, or does it depend on the venue? 

When we have singers, they will work with a vocal coach and record a track. Depending on the venue, they sing live, lip syncs to their own vocals or on top of their vocals. 

• Love 3

Tasha comes up quite a bit in my Facebook feed as a model for online clothing stores. She's a pro. She isn't being tricked or taken advantage of. She may have done some stock modeling too, by nothing skeevy from what I've seen. Just normal catalog clothing.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

When we have singers, they will work with a vocal coach and record a track. Depending on the venue, they sing live, lip syncs to their own vocals or on top of their vocals. 

I figured. I'm sure a smaller venue will allow them to sing live, but like in a stadium or something larger..definitely lip sync to their own vocals.

• Love 1

Not sure where people stand on Hannah but she bugged me tons. One: she sounded like an idiot (in my opinion) when she asked what she could do about her weight. And two: she did this side-shuffle thing when she was invited into/back to training class. They showed her doing it in the locker room, too. Probably a few other times that I'm forgetting. Just found her nauseatingly annoying.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She's a pro. She isn't being tricked or taken advantage of.

oh for sure....I didn't think that was what happened to her, but I do know things can definitely be tough that way for other young women starting out, and depending on who they run into when they're beginning their careers.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

Not sure where people stand on Hannah but she bugged me tons. One: she sounded like an idiot (in my opinion) when she asked what she could do about her weight. And two: she did this side-shuffle thing when she was invited into/back to training class. They showed her doing it in the locker room, too. Probably a few other times that I'm forgetting. Just found her nauseatingly annoying.

I think she was doing that "suck up when you're in trouble" kind of thing.  She's in trouble for gaining weight, which she knows is against the rules, so says "What do you suggest I do..." which she's hoping comes across as "yes I disrespected your rules, which disrespects you, but see how I respect you so much that I'm asking for your advice?" 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

this side-shuffle thing

HATE the side shuffle - had never seen it before MTT but it always put me in mind of football players doing a show-off dance after they scored a touchdown.  I'm probably just being crabby but it seems to come off as arrogant - I'm sure they don't mean it that way but if it could go away forever that would be awesome.

I love Hannah though.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, raindancer said:

HATE the side shuffle - had never seen it before MTT but it always put me in mind of football players doing a show-off dance after they scored a touchdown.  I'm probably just being crabby but it seems to come off as arrogant - I'm sure they don't mean it that way but if it could go away forever that would be awesome.

I love Hannah though.

Love Hannah!  Wasn't too bugged about the side shuffle ... she's adorbs and such a fierce dancer

• Love 1
On 2/16/2017 at 0:21 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Hannah didn't bother me, but I laughed out loud at this post. I definitely agree that she sounded dumb and may have made the situation worse by the way she acted in Kelli's office, but I definitely missed the side-shuffle lol. Gotta go back and watch for that! 

• Love 2
On 2/16/2017 at 0:21 PM, woodscommaelle said:

I am so glad someone else noticed that side shuffle.  It was so stupid looking!

Also why do these girls not take care of their weight.  They know auditions are coming up!

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
On 2/17/2017 at 6:15 PM, Jess14 said:

Hannah didn't bother me, but I laughed out loud at this post. I definitely agree that she sounded dumb and may have made the situation worse by the way she acted in Kelli's office, but I definitely missed the side-shuffle lol. Gotta go back and watch for that! 

I'm still trying to figure out why Kelli seemed annoyed at Hannah at the first TC meeting when she stood up and talked about her schooling/accomplishments. Unless it was just bad editing and Kelli was annoyed at someone else. If she was mad about Hannah's weight, then she shouldn't have invited her back to TC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Kelli seemed annoyed at Hannah at the first TC meeting when she stood up and talked about her schooling/accomplishments. Unless it was just bad editing and Kelli was annoyed at someone else. If she was mad about Hannah's weight, then she shouldn't have invited her back to TC.

I would go with bad editing.  There are several former TCC's and squad members who have mentioned that the show does that.

• Love 1

Yeah, I also agree that it was editing at that particular instance. However, there's no question that Kelli showed a higher level of annoyance with Hannah for weight gain than she did with other vets. When Veronica and Hannah had to do a uniform check in the episode where Hannah got cut, Kelli was a MUCH nicer to Veronica. It was like night and day. With Veronica, she offering her my fit foods, whereas with Hannah, she mentioned how Hannah had weight warnings throughout the year, and maybe a couple of other snide comments. 

I can see why a four-year vet outgrowing her uniform would be more annoying than a 2-year vet who had warnings throughout the year, but there just seemed to be more to the story with Hannah than what was let on.

I still don't get what's up with Yuko's case. If you go to Danielle's instagram, there is a video of her and Jenna leading a prep class and there's Yuko in the back. She isn't that good of a dancer, she can't speak English so she can't participate in appearances, she had to miss rehearsals which is supposedly a reason to be dismissed and they had to go through all that trouble to get her a visa. It's not like they can't find asian americans in the US so I'm totally confused about this.

• Love 7