Type keyword(s) to search

The Good Doctor in the Media

Trini
  • Start Topic

LOL at him being all, "I'm not going to jump up and down on the couch..." XD. But aw, congrats to the happy couple! I liked his comments about the whole "my wife" thing, too. 

Fun interview. He's just so dang charming :). Thanks for sharing this. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't remember the story where "mommy drank my poop" happened. You'd think something like that would stick with a person!

I remember that episode......the woman didn't actually drink the girl's poop. She injected it or something. It was still pretty gross though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They bring in odd characters that many viewers don’t like.

TV writing has lacked in creativity and originality for a long time. If you think about it, it is always slight variations on the same themes. Once in a while we see something original but that doesn't even last because as the show adds more seasons, they run out of ideas and start recycling old ones. That's why they add caricatures as characters because they think this will create more drama. It is just annoying and a lot of people who keep watching the show just watch for the snark, like so many on these boards. As long as they are making money, they don't give a fuck about the artistry of writing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, circumvent said:

TV writing has lacked in creativity and originality for a long time. If you think about it, it is always slight variations on the same themes. Once in a while we see something original but that doesn't even last because as the show adds more seasons, they run out of ideas and start recycling old ones. That's why they add caricatures as characters because they think this will create more drama. It is just annoying and a lot of people who keep watching the show just watch for the snark, like so many on these boards. As long as they are making money, they don't give a fuck about the artistry of writing.

I suppose, but there are creative and talented writers in this world.  I wish they’d get those positions and let those who don’t have it, go do something else.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suppose, but there are creative and talented writers in this world.  I wish they’d get those positions and let those who don’t have it, go do something else.  

There are talented people but part of the problem is probably the conditions in which they work, how much they need to produce, and how many people are actually employed by the studios. Covid changed things, people might have given up during the break, studios might not be willing to lose a cent more, so they stick with bad and cheap writers. I could speculate forever

• Love 1

Just saw that.  Part of me wonders if this confirms Shaun/Lea's wedding will still happen, because I can see her coming back for that definitely.  But I do wonder if she could end up playing a part in whatever else is going to go down with Salen and so forth.  But I'm glad she's coming back!  Hope we also get some good scenes between Claire and Lim again!

• Love 4
On 4/26/2022 at 11:11 AM, Avabelle said:

The actress playing Claire I think wanted out. The doctor who hooked up with Lim I’ve no idea. I wondered was it vaccine related given how quickly he was added and dropped.

Melendez, though.... don't think the actor wanted out. I know, it was a while back. I would have much preferred he stuck around

• Love 4

I'm sure they think it's funny, but it's a cheap confusion to write, and I don't want to see stupid plots about them being confused about who's referred to, especially when they could just be called by their last names like most doctors actually are.

• Love 4

I'm happy this show is still going. When it first started, I was thinking that the best case scenario would be around 3-4 seasons. I'm sort of shocked it's still here (in a good way). I guess ratings in general being awful has a lot to do with that, but I'll take it!

• Love 1

I love that Freddie's the same height as Ryan Seacrest :D. 

Also love his description of the cliffhanger in the finale: "It doesn't look good?" Yeah, that pretty much sums it up...

I'm used to his accent now, but it definitely threw me at first, too, yes, especially when I would watch interviews with him from his "Bates Motel" days :p. One minute he's playing this super creepy character, the next, he's this charming, polite British guy, LOL. 

• Love 1

I guess this is a sign that your show is doing well enough: Deadline is claiming that a spin-off called The Good Lawyer is in the works and will have a backdoor pilot of some kind this season.

The major takeaways so far is that the lead will be a woman, there will also be a mentor-type character (who will also be a woman) but it sounds like their will be more conflict in this relationship compared to Shaun and Glassman, and the lead will have OCD instead of autism.  We'll see how this pans out, I guess!

49 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I guess this is a sign that your show is doing well enough: Deadline is claiming that a spin-off called The Good Lawyer is in the works and will have a backdoor pilot of some kind this season.

Hmmm - the question for me is ...

Spoiler

... why will Shaun need a defense lawyer this season?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The major takeaways so far is that the lead will be a woman, there will also be a mentor-type character (who will also be a woman) but it sounds like their will be more conflict in this relationship compared to Shaun and Glassman, and the lead will have OCD instead of autism.  We'll see how this pans out, I guess!

hahahahahahahaha oh god how many disabled people do the showrunners want to piss off. They're pissing off autistic people, now they are gonna piss off the OCD crowd, so what's next? 

• Love 2
On 8/22/2022 at 8:46 PM, thuganomics85 said:

i thought the reason they came up with the Good Lawyer was because of the popularity of the K-drama Extraordinary Attorney Woo. Just a quicker way to develop a show and get the American version out to the masses.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 2

I just read that this show is on ABC fall lineup.  Man, ABC has some slim pickings on their roster.  This is really their only good drama and to me it struggles.  I did also see Station 19, that looks pretty good.  I haven’t watched it yet.